That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 71

0 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

Henry said something about Charles suddenly inviting him for a drink out of the blue.

When Charles was super drunk along with him, he was mentioning my name. That's what Henry's girlfriend has told him when his girlfriend picked him up at the bar.

Zilly was unexpectedly at the bar at that time with her friends and she was the one who brought him home.

"Are you both friendly with each other now? I was guessing that something bad has really happened with the both of you at that time, which is I assumed you said something that made Charles act that way."

That happened?! I didn't hear anything about that from Charles!

He told me that happened several days after Reese's wedding. So that means it happened several months earlier.

The traffic light has lit red and Henry stopped the car.

"What's the real relationship between the two of you? Making Charles act like that made me think. That event and what Michael has said is quite leading to something."

I'm getting nervous. My relationship is about to be exposed!

"Say, does Charles likes you?"

Boom. He got it right. I'm literally sweating.

"What? No way. He doesn't sit with me well, you know that. I d-don't like him, mind you. " I calmly said.

"You know the old school saying the more you hate, the more you love kind of thing? That's what I'm getting and I really did notice he began to be milder with you."

I don't want him to know the truth!

"If that's true, Zilly and the other girls in the office would go crazy. It will also be a big surprise to all."

"Impossible. He mentioned my name while he's drunk was probably he was hallucinating that he wanted to get back at me for giving my piece of my mind at him." I said.

I did have an outburst while saying all the cruel things he did at me. I used that excuse just now.

Henry looked convinced and said that it makes sense that he changed because I probably gave my piece of my mind at Charles.

He suddenly laughed at me.

"You should be like that. If someone gets on your nerves, give them a piece of your mind." He said.

I'm saved! My secret is still safe!

"Well, if Charles really liked you, getting together would be hard since you don't like him."

Sorry to say but Charles and I are already together even though I hated him.

"If any case you both got together, I think it will be ugly since Zilly is crazy for Charles. However, there's nothing wrong about you getting together with him. Love brings people together, though it will be still a shocker to everyone knowing you both got together."

I asked him if he really thinks Charles has a thing on me and he just said not anymore because of what I said about Charles liking me is impossible.

Henry changed a lot too ever since Charles told him to stop picking on me. He became kinder, I guess?

The traffic light changed the color into green and our journey towards the site has continued.

"Our brand embassador, Subaru or Conrad or whichever his real name is, did you know him way before he began working for us?" He asked.

"Yes, but not that long. I never knew that he was chosen to be the endorser. I became friends with him through Maria Kanbe, the other endorser." I said.

After talking my history with Conrad, he told me that nowadays Conrad is getting famous.

Henry also noticed he is getting famous lately.

We've talked about Conrad all the way  until we arrived at the site.

Apparently, Henry is already a fan of him ever since he knew that he was the voice actor behind an adult cartoon.

I was delighted hearing him being a fan of Conrad. I'll probably tell this to him later.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Henry and I finally got back from the site and we returned to the office.

What a tiring day. All that talking and negotiating was tiresome but it was a success with the help of Henry.

I looked at my watch and it's already quarter to five. It's almost time to go home.

Oh yeah, I'll be going to Charles's house later.

I looked right above the divider of my desk in front of me and I looked at Charles.

Our eyes suddenly met. He smiled at me then he returned looking at his computer screen.

I was surprised that his eyes moved fast when I looked at him.

"Pssst, Athena."

I looked at my left and Reese just gave me a hand gesture showing that I need to come closer to her.

I did what she told me and she whispered to me that there are rumors circulating about Charles and I.

Oh, so this was also Henry was talking about.

"Henry told me that." I said.

"Zilly was trying so hard to bring the rumors down. How scary Zilly is for showing her dedication for Charles." She said.

"That's actually an advantage for me."

Reese emphasized that it's time to tell everyone that Charles is my boyfriend as it was pointless to hide it and so that I could bring down Zilly.

"... I'm still not comfortable with it..."

She sighed and said "until when will you hide it? Don't you feel uncomfortable with Zilly still clinging on him?"

She's got a point. I did notice Zilly is quite clingy to him lately.

"Yeah, it's quite uncomfortable..." I said.

She urged me to tell everyone about my relationship with Charles but I told her that I will talk about that with Charles later.

"You better." She seriously said.

Reese can be scary at times...

My phone rang for received message.

I received a message from Charles saying that he'll pick me up at the third bus stop.

I suddenly felt that I'm so unfair. He still respects my decision to not let our relationship to be known to our colleagues.

But I'm still uncomfortable with it...

.
.
.
.
.
.

Charles picked me up from the third bus stop and we're already headed to Charles's house.

Speaking of Charles's house, it's my first time going in to his house.

We have arrived at his house. It's a condominium unit where he lives alone. He doesn't have pets at home but he mentioned once that he has a dog at his parent's house.

When we entered his unit, I was amazed how huge it is and it's very clean.

I was startled when he suddenly hugged me from behind.

He greeted me welcome by whispering to my ear.

I got nervous and gently pushed him away. I told him to stop that nervously.

He chuckled and told me that he was glad that he got me feeling nervous.

"You can just relax on the sofa. I'll prepare our dinner." He said.

I asked him what will he make. He said that he'll make California maki.

"Really?!" I was excited hearing California Maki. That's my favorite roll!

"I never told you that is my favorite. How did you know?"  I asked.

"From your best friend."

"From Reese?"

He nodded and he went to the kitchen to prepare.

California maki, huh? Does he make that often? He seemed to know how to make that. I don't even know how to make that.

I just sat on the sofa and asked permission to turn on the TV. He allowed me to turn on the TV and I went to the news channel.

There was no interesting shows on the TV so I opted to watch the news instead.

While watching the news, I suddenly have the urge to help Charles with his cooking so I went to the kitchen then stood beside him.

He's wearing an apron and is currently chopping some cucumber.

"You make this often?" I asked.

"Yes. Actually, this is one of my favorites. It was a good thing to know that this is also your favorite so I can make this for you often."

I felt flustered and I still can't get used to him being nice at me.

I asked if I can help with anything and he told me that I can help with the rolling of the maki.

I agreed and he told me that he'll call me after the rice is cooked.

I returned to the sofa and watched the news.

A few moments later, a celebrity news popped up on the TV.

Lucas is on the TV with Annie standing beside him.

Lucas still looks heavenly...

The news says that Lucas is casted to act on a certain movie.

I was surprised that he is now in the world of acting in movies! He has done few dramas before but now he's on a movie?!

The reporter asked Lucas if he is single and he was complimented that it is impossible that he doesn't have anyone special to him.

Lucas smiled and he told the reporter that he is dating someone.

I suddenly saw Annie's expression. She was all-smile when Lucas said that he is taken.

I already know he is dating his manager Annie.

I felt a little sad but at the same time relieved because I'm glad that I'm not that affected now for experiencing one-sided love for him.

The reporter keeps asking who is he dating.

Lucas just told the reporter that the woman he is dating someone working for the same industry as his.

Indeed, he is talking about Annie.

Does G Talent knows he is dating his manager? Conrad said that the company is strict with scandals but is it a scandal for dating a manager?

"I'm dating her."

My eyes widened when I saw Lucas pointing at Annie.

Annie looked surprisingly calm when the camera shifted towards her.

"Yes, what he said was true." She said.

I grabbed my bag beside me and brought out my phone.

I immediately messaged Conrad asking if he is currently seeing the news about Lucas's relationship revelation.

He replied saying he isn't watching the news right now.

However, he said that G Talent is quite noisy these days with Lucas telling the upper management that Lucas is dating Annie.

"G Talent actually debated if it would be a scandal dating his manager but surprisingly, they allowed it to be publicized with the condition of Lucas will be the one to announce it publicly."

So the management actually allowed it.

I looked at my twitter account and I saw several posts about Lucas's revelation.

Actually, majority congratulated him but some said that it is weird to date their managers. Even some made funny memes about it.

For me, it's not weird to date your manager. Good thing the majority of the fans of Lucas, including me, did not take his revelation as something bad.

It's a good thing he said it earlier than knowing it from others finding out their relationship. It would be messy if that was the case.

Wait a sec. I felt that I can relate what I said just now.

I looked my back and I saw Charles's back as he cooks.

I'm facing a dilemma. Should I let him know that he can now tell to our colleagues that we are going out?

I still feel uncomfortable!

I returned looking at the at the TV and sighed.

Another celebrity news just popped out. I was surprised that Conrad was on the TV. Pictures of him in the recording studio were flashing on the TV.

"That's Conrad! He's on TV!" I suddenly said this with excitement.

I opened my camera app on my phone and I took a picture of him on the TV.

The news featuring him was just saying that he is a rising star for his voice acting and commercial modelling.

The news about him was just short but I felt happy seeing him on TV!

I suddenly heard that something fell on the floor at the kitchen.

"Ooops, sorry. The plastic container slipped from my hand. Anyways, it's time to roll the ingredients."

I stood up and went to the kitchen to help roll the ingredients to the rice.

He taught me how to use the sushi roller step by step.

He demonstrated it at me and I was amazed how quick he is.

It's my turn to try and the result was ugly. The one that I rolled was sluggish.

Towards my next try, I'm already getting the hang of it but not as skillful as Charles.

After rolling all of the ingredients to make the California maki, he fried some spring rolls that he just made yesterday.

He also prepared a salad that is made up of fresh lettuce and tomatoes.

I heard my stomach growling while looking at the food laid in front of me on this dining table.

"Come on, dig in. You seem really hungry." He said.

I got embarrassed and I told him that I am really hungry.

We both started eating and his cooking is quite delicious.

Tastes like authentic California maki!

These spring rolls are heavenly too!

"You saw Conrad on the TV news? It's good that he's getting more credit." He said this while munching on his crispy spring roles.

"Yeah. It's quite awesome, actually."

He agreed and continued to munch on his food.

I felt uneasy because I just remembered my conversation with Reese about making my relationship with Charles be known to our colleagues.

I can't shake off the feeling of being unfair to Charles since I know he's compromising just for my selfishness.

But I still feel uncomfortable making our relationship be known to our colleagues!

Maybe... I'll start off with Zilly.

"Uhhm... does Zilly still... ugh..."

He looked at me and said "what about her?"

"D-does she know we're together?"

He quickly said no.

"You didn't want to tell anybody about our relationship so I didn't bother to say it to her." He said.

"I'll let you... tell her that we're together..."

I looked at him and he just stared at me for a few seconds.

"Really? Can I really tell it to her that we're together?!" He looked excited while saying this to me.

"But why all of the sudden?" He asked.

Reese made the push but...

"... Zilly still keep on... you know... still clinging on to you."

This is embarrassing.

"You're jealous?"

I felt flustered all of the sudden. He look all smug all of the sudden.

"It's n-not what you think it is! I just want to be fair!"

"To be honest, I'm thankful that you have finally agreed that I can tell Zilly about our relationship. She's literally can't stop sticking onto me. Hopefully she would stop going loco for me." He calmly said.

He added that Zilly was reprimanded by our boss, sir Mark, for forcing herself to Zilly.

"It's alright if we still don't tell our relationship to the others. I know you're still uncomfortable with it. I just wanted Zilly to know our relationship so that she could stop clinging to me. If she tells everybody our relationship then that's the time we'll tell everybody our relationship, okay?"

He understands me well. There is nothing we could do to stop our relationship to be known to our colleagues if Zilly would try to tell it to them. I'm still hoping that she would not try to tell it to everyone.

"If everybody got to know our relationship then let's be proud of it. Just have a little confidence and it will be enough. I'll give them my word if other's try to give you unpleasant remarks. But hey, others will not dare to belittle you anymore because you got this cool and handsome boyfriend."

I chuckled and joked that his confidence level is out of this world.

"I'm sorry if I lack confidence..." I said.

He smiled at me and said "That's okay. I'm here to bring the best out of you because I like you. You already brought out the best of me."

I asked what did I do for bringing out the best of him.

"During high school, you told me to be honest and persistent to achieve what I want to do and here I am, doing what I like doing without being tied down from my family."

Really? I influenced him way back in highschool?

"Thanks for agreeing that I could tell our relationship to Zilly." He said.

I just smiled at him and continued eating my food.

He suddenly said that Zilly asked him for dinner on Friday just the two of them. He agreed with her because it's apparently her request as a friend and he feels that she is going to say to him that she'll finally give up on him after reprimanded by sir Mark.

"I can tell her on that day about our relationship. Is that okay with you?" He asked.

I agreed and I told him that he could go.

"You and Zilly are really close. There was a point where I thought why you didn't accept her as your girlfriend since she is so dedicated with you and I know that the both of you really get along well. She's the ideal girl that guys want." I said.

He slapped his forehead with disappointment written on his face.

"Everyone says that. She's just like a sister."

He smirked at me and sarcastically said "whose fault it is that I wasn't able to like other women at work."

"If we didn't work for the same company, we wouldn't be able to be together like this." He added.

It was really a coincidence that we work for the same company.

"Yes, indeed."

I didn't even recognize him and totally forgot about him when I got in at our company.

"Well, let me ask you, do you still think me as a rebound? Even the tiniest thought of me still being a rebound?"

I was taken aback. His frankness make me nervous.

"As of now..."

Do I still think of him as a rebound? Lucas is not lingering in my mind anymore.

"Not anymore..."

Conrad's smiling face suddenly popped up inside my mind.

I shook my head really fast to shake off Conrad's face inside my mind.

"Really?!" I looked at his face and his eyes are sparkly like a kid.

He's acting cute right now.

I smiled at him and said "Yes".

"Can you say you love me once more?" He asked.

I got embarrassed and defensively said to him that I already said that to him when we were in Japan.

"I love you."

He said those for several times and won't stop until he hears me say what he wants from me. Every time he says that, I get more embarrassed.

He's even saying that with his serious face.

"A-alright! I love you!" I said.

"That's more like it." He smiled at me then he continued eating.

"So sly..." I said.

He chuckled and he said that it was an honor to hear me say that.

This guy...!

We continued to eat our dinner until we finished the food on the table is finished.

I'm stuffed! I feel sleepy all of the sudden.

"Let's rest our stomachs while we watch TV." He said.

We both sat on his sofa and he turned on the TV.

"Oh, the dishes. Let me do it." I said.

"No, it's alright. I'll wash it later."

"Okay then. If you say so."

While we were watching some comedy show, my eyes are closing.

I stayed up late last night to finish all the manga I bought from the book fair and I'm full from eating dinner. This really makes me sleepy.

"You're sleepy, am I right? Do you want to go home now? I can drive you home now." He said.

I suddenly grabbed his polo shirt sleeve and impulsively asked him if he can give me 15 minutes of nap time before going home. I told him the reason why I'm so sleepy even though it's only 7:30 PM.

"You can stay over for the night if you like."

I immediately rejected him.

"My parents won't allow that." I said.

"Just joking. You better be honoring your patents since you are their only daughter."

My parents know that I'm here at Charles's place to eat dinner. I messaged my mom before clocking out from work.

I scooted at the corner of the sofa and I just laid back at the sofa.

"Don't sleep there. Sleep here." He was tapping his shoulder.

On his shoulder?!

"Come on, don't be shy."

I scooted beside him and just put my head on his shoulder.

His shoulder is quite comfortable.

He held my hand and placed on his lap then intertwined his fingers to mine.

"You can sleep now. I'll wake you up after 15 minutes or so." He said.

I might not sleep with him holding my hand! My hands are sweating!

Anyhow, I don't want to think that. I'm sleepy and I want to sleep now. It's normal that couples do this kind of thing.

.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been ten minutes since she placed her head on my shoulder. Her hand was tense for a minute or two but now she's relaxed.

I opened my front camera and tried to align my phone to Athena's face.

I looked at my screen and it looks like she's already in deep sleep.

I closed my phone and placed it beside me on the sofa.

I lifted her hand and kissed the back of her hand gently. I yawned and I felt sleepy also.

It doesn't hurt to take a nap... I'll probably wake up after five minutes.

.
.
.
.
.
.

My head suddenly slipped from Charles's shoulder and it landed on his groin area.

I immediately woke up when my face landed on his groin area.

That was embarrassing!

Charles jolted and woke up when my face landed on his groin.

I panicked and apologized to him.

"I-I didn't mean to!"

Damn, I felt the bulge of his private area!

He's now teasing me of being a pervert.

I said that my head fell off and I didn't even feel that my head was about to fall in defense.

I looked at my wrist watch and it's already 9PM. I slept for more than an hour!

"You said you will wake me up after 15 minutes." I said.

"Sorry, I fell asleep too."

"Time for me to go home." I said.

I was about to stand up from the sofa but he suddenly pulled my hand that let me land on the sofa.

He's still holding my hand and kissed me on the lips.

"I'm kind of aroused from what you did back there."

My heart got pumping real fast.

"You're the pervert one! G-go away!" I said.

His face is much closer and I can see that he looks like he wanted something more out of this situation.

This once, I'll give in to this situation. His expression right now is quite manly and... I don't want to say this but his expression is... hot.

His voice is like a devil's voice when he said he was aroused.

We ended up kissing until we were out of breath.

He pulled me towards him and made me ride on his lap facing him.

I impulsively wrapped my arms around his neck and he started kissing my neck.

This position again! Does he like this position?!

After that, he laid me on the sofa and we started a kissing galore.

I'm getting intoxicated... This is more arousing than the previous ones.

I suddenly heard my phone's ringtone message.

I gently pushed Charles away and told him that I better get my phone.

I sat upright and grabbed my phone placed on the center table just in front of us.

"My university is holding its foundation week starting on thursday! Want to see brother Conrad judge a beauty pageant on Saturday?"

I received this message from Maya.

Conrad will be a judge for a pageant? That seems interesting. It's quite amazing that he's chosen to be a judge.

However, I am spending my Saturday with Charles...

Charles asked who messaged me and I told him it was Maya who messaged me.

"Oh, the sister of the Imonoyama brothers." He said.

I replied Maya that I can't go on Saturday.

Maya returned a reply and told me that it's okay. She even added that Conrad doesn't plan on telling me that he'll be judging a pageant because he doesn't want to disturb me on my weekend since Conrad and I just went out yesterday.

How thoughtful Conrad is but I kind of wanted to see him judge a pageant. It's a pity I can't go.

"Let's continue, shall we?" Charles's face is getting closer at my face but I suddenly covered his mouth with my hand.

"... I want to go home..." I said.

He removed my hand and joked that we better continue what we were doing on Saturday.

I felt flustered and got nervous all of the sudden.

"W-what?!"

He laughed and said that I reacted cutely.

"Okay, okay. We'll just chill around my house on Saturday." He said.

Charles stood up and went to get his car keys to drive me home.

A few moments later, I'm now in Charles's car and we started going to my house.

»»»»»End of Chapter 71«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.8K 65
Y/N was a rising actress in the entertainment industry. After leaving her former company and signing onto a much bigger one, she encountered a surpri...
2.5M 90.4K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
447K 8.6K 34
- They were lethal in a battle, but around each other they melted. "Are you wet for me? Is your sweet pussy aching for my cock?" Dante teased as his...