Midnight Neighbor | 18+

By akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... More

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

45|| Recklessness

10.7K 427 285
By akawaiiisan

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia awoke with a start. It was not one of those days when her eyes slowly opened and the familiar sight of her own appartment greeted her through the haze. Her eyes snapped open and she quickly sat up, breathing heavily. She then had to close her eyes afterwards, leaning back down on the pillows. Her sensitive eyes still needed some time to adjust to the light.

Her mind was hazy and her throat was as dry as the Sahara. Her breathing was faster than usual but she had no idea why. Her brain refused to comply and release any memories from the night before, those memories it held hostage.  Her head still ached a little and her muscles felt stiff. Sophia yawned as she swung her legs over the nearly comically large bed and when her feet hit the large mat that came from under it, she stilled.

...Now wait a God damn minute.

Sophia paused to take a proper look at her surroundings and realized that nothing, absolutely nothing was familiar to her inside this room she just woke up in. It was empty but Sophia felt like this entire room could fit her entire appartment leaving enough space to spare for another.

It was so huge it was almost intimidating.

And why on earth did they need to put the ceiling up that high? Sophia pursed her lips as her eyes went from one place to the other. The thin curtains did nothing to block the rays of sunlight streaming through the tall windows and one of those windows was actually a glass door leading out to an equally large balcony.

Sophia gulped and tentatively walked towards one of the windows. When she crossed the distance and got there, she had to gasp.

Just below this window was probably one of the loveliest garden she'd ever seen in her life. It gave way to a sheltered gazebo in the middle which she could see from this high up and beyond the small scale yet well maintained garden was a patch of empty land that seemed to stretch on for miles before stopping at high walls that looked smaller at this distance. Sophia ran to the next window, gasping again as she saw the smooth road. The road most likely went straight to the front of the building but Sophia could not see it from here.

It was unfortunate but Sophia didn't focus on that for long. Her eyes caught the sky, filled with thin airy clouds and the sun. Right at this moment, she immediately knew this place had an excellent view of the sunset.

Sophia gulped and backed away. Just was on earth was going on here. She'd never seen anything like this.

Where on earth was she?

Sophia left the windows and walked around the room, feeling herself and fixing her hair back with a tie. She moved from one spot to the next, marveling on the simplistic yet beautiful paintings on the wall, that and other things lying about.

There was even a small makeshift study in the far corner with only a table, a chair and other items. Behind it was a shelf that rose up the wall filled with books of all types and sizes. Sophia felt the flower in the vase on the table and was surprised to see that it was real.

She didn't even need to guess to come to the conclusion that this entire place had Elijah Osoro written all over it. The open laptop on the table looked strikingly similar to the one he always carried about.

Sophia moved along and walked to one of the many doors, praying one would lead to the bathroom. She was surprised to see that her random choice did indeed lead to one. She immediately rushed in, gulping at the sheer size of it.

Sophia left the bathroom afterwards feeling a lot refreshed than before. It was good that even in a place like this, there was also spare toothbrushes and other spare necessities inside the cabinets.

Sophia looking around but did not see her things nor her phone. After pausing to consider, she decided to walk around and look for Elijah. She really wanted to see more of this place so it was a win win. Sophia took a deep breath then ran to another random door. She slowly closed it afterwards, realizing it was a closet that was also too large for it's own good.

Sophia, on her bare feet, ran to the door opposite of the balcony and turned the knob. It opened to an empty hallway and Sophia pumped a fist in silent celebration then crept out. Closing the doors behind her.

She walked for quite a while, looking around with great interest. She got distracted and almost thought she got lost until she took a specific turn and saw the start of stairs that went way down to the ground floor. Sophia pursed her lips and went for it, looking around as she did.

The glittering chandelier hanging high from the ceiling loomed at her. It was almost like a fantasy, going to sleep and waking up in what seemed like a mansion. It was a little cold, so empty she could hear her heartbeat and light footsteps, not to mention it's extravagance.

If someone told Sophia last year, maybe even a few months ago, that she'd wake up in a place like this, dressed in this pretty nightgown after spending a fun time at a party the day before, Sophia would've laughed in their face.

And speaking off parties...her head still throbbed whenever she tried to recall the night before? Her memory was so foggy, she wondered if she really drank too much. Was it possible? She wasn't sure because this was the first time her brain was messed up because of liquor.

Sophia didn't think about it too much. She soon reached the last of the steps. She stepped down but still held the railing.

Okay...Where the hell was Elijah?

Sophia's head snapped to the left. She heard something coming from there. Like the clanging of pots and pans. She hesitated then walked towards the sound, passing throug a living room with a sofas lying about and on the wall, a huge screen. Under than huge screen was glass and behind that glass was flickering flames. Sophia's eyebrows rose and she momentarily stopped to check out that artificial fireplace. The sounds continued, it pushed her keep walking.

It got louder and louder and as Sophia turned the corner, she came face to back with a person that was not Elijah.

It was a woman who had her back turned. She moved from one place to the next in the wide kitchen like a well oiled machine, preparing and plating a wide variety of food that looked fit for a much larger family.

The woman hummed to herself, putting away the oil after dribbling a cork full into the pan. Seconds later she emptied the contents of a plate into that pan. The sizzling sound that came afterwards echoed throughout the kitchen.

Sophia took a step back. While she had a thought to ask this lady for Elijah, the woman in the pretty pink apron looked lost in her own world. Sophia took a u-turn but just as she turned her back and got ready to leave, the woman stopped humming with a small gasp.

"Oh! You're already up?"

Sophia froze, then she turned, peeking over her shoulder at the woman who's attention was now riveted on her.

The woman's skin was very tanned, her hair had many white strands and was pulled back with not even one strand loose. Her face was friendly and she gave off a warm homey vibe with many laugh lines on her face.

Sophia nodded slowly.

The woman shook her head, taking up a cloth to wipe her hand after turning down the stove's heat, "And here I was hoping to bring you breakfast in bed," she grinned and walked over. The slight bounce and enthusiasm in her steps made her come around the table and cross the distance in seconds.

She took Sophia's hand. Sophia thought for a moment that the woman would shake it but instead, she was pulled into a bear hug. The slightly wider woman nearly squeezed her to death.

"That Elijah-! Keeping you a secret for so long!"

Sophia was confused. The woman hugged and patted her head as if she was her long lost child. When they broke apart, she was smiling widely.

She probably noticed the confusion on Sophia's face, "Oh dear, sorry love, My name's Garcia, I'm the lady in charge of managing this house and it's workers."

Sophia nodded slowly, a bit dazed.

"-Anyway, I'm really happy to see that you're well, you were so sick and throwing up this morning." She spoke solemnly, "that's why I made chicken soup to go along with your breakfast-"

Sophia froze and her face slowly began heating up. Surely Garcia meant well but...Oh God!

Why did she have no memory of doing that?!

"Don't be embarrassed dear, you were only a little sick," she sighed and immediately got behind Sophia, pushing her towards the table, "-you must be starving, here eat."

Sophia was placed to sit in one of the high chairs, her empty hands had a sandwich before she could blink.

"Elijah left you in my care since last night, you hardly ate so please, eat."

Sophia, under her watchful eyes, took a small bite out of the simple sandwich. It was good but...being watched this closely was too unnerving. Did everyone who associated with Elijah have the tendency to stare in this manner?

After swallowing (with a little difficulty) Sophia put it down and immediately asked the questions plaguing her mind, "What happened? Where am I? Where's Elijah?"

"Ah, slow down, I'm not going anywhere," Garcia gestured to the sandwich and Sophia had to take it right back up. She smiled and pushed a cup of warm tea closer to her. After doing that, she immediately went back to the stove.

"To answer you first question, I'm not so sure myself, I was woken and given the task and Elijah hardly said a word before he left, that poor boy...always overworking himself to the point of exhaustion."

Sophia nearly choked. Poor boy?

Was she very close with Elijah? The way she spoke about and referred to him revealed alot. As if she'd been with him since young.

"-that...Yuri didn't explain why you were sick either," she muttered more to herself.

Sophia peeked up. More than once Garcia spoke of her being sick.

"-And to answer your second question, this is Elijah's personal...home, I guess. Compared to his parent's family home, it's pretty small but I think he prefers it this way."

For the second time, Sophia nearly choked. Pretty small?

"-He rarely ever comes here so I was pleasantly surprised last night, a little unprepared too but oh well."

Garcia sighed and later turned off the stove after lifting the pot covers. After that she washed and wiped her hand on her apron. "-And finally, Elijah has been gone for quite a while...but I think his car came in not too long ago... if anything he might be downstairs..."

Sophia's eyebrows went up. "Downstairs?"

Wasn't this the ground floor?

"Ah Yes, theres one more level below. He frequents his personal gym when hes not overworking himself to the bone so maybe-"

"Okay," Sophia stuffed the last of the sandwich in her mouth and got up.

"Oh wait, dear, you need to eat more-"

Sophia hurried away before the woman could proceed to stuff her like a balloon with food. She suspected that she'd have to bear that fate the longer she stayed.

Sophia only realized the error in her ways after taking the walk back and stopping at the stairs once more.

...How on earth would she find another set stairs that went down?

"Just go straight and take two lefts."

Sophia nearly jumped out of her skin at the voice that came from close behind her.

It was Garcia. In her hand was another sandwich and a bottle of water which she immediately handed over to Sophia.

Sophia was tempted to refuse but the woman's eyes were so warm and motherly, she took it and muttered a thanks then hurried away before the woman could watch her eat again.

Behind her, Garcia giggled with a hand over her mouth. She then turned and left afterwards, thinking to herself. Today was a busy day and she took the liberty of preparing lunch for some workers.

It was true that the staff was unprepared for Elijah's sudden appearance. Outside, the gardener and his small team of four were trimming the grass that had overgrown maybe an inch higher, soon they would move to the garden.

In other places on the inside the ground was being polished clean and any dust was being removed. Some of the few wanted to get a peak of the first woman Mr.Osoro allowed in his place for the first time in years but with Garcia's order to stay out of sight, no one showed up to take a peek.

This in turn contributed to Sophia's misconception of the place being empty. Sophia didn't think much about it though, she used the directions she got from Garcia and hurried along until she found the stairs. She went down without hesitating.

The sandwich disappeared from hands as she walked and Sophia had to drink. She'd momentarily forgot she was this thirsty and was glad for Garcia's foresight.

Soon enough she got to the place. The hallway went for longer but Sophia had no reason to walk further. Garcia said he'd be here.

She opened the door and peeked inside the brightly lit room. Just from what she saw inside, it would be impossible to tell that this place was underground. It was cool, properly ventilated and the room was wide. It looked like a state of the art fitness facility that people had to pay obscene membership fees just to get inside.

Equipments of all sizes were placed in neat orderly fashion inside. Sophia, who barely stepped foot into a gym her entire life thought some of those contraptions looked like torture devices.

All in all, this place looked far too much for one person and she guessed others were allowed to use it too because of the lockers placed on the farthest wall. Sophia closed the door behind her and looked around. Unfortunately, the place looked empty and Elijah was no where to be seen.

Sophia would've definitely thought he wasn't here if all the lights were off. A tiny shiver went up her spine as she stepped on the cold ground and walked into the place. Turning to and fro as she tried to spot the one man she was looking for.

Unfortunately. She did not see him and it made her expression fall. That could only mean one thing. Elijah wasn't here.

Sophia pursed her lips then with a sigh she turned to leave. She'd have ti find Garcia all over again.

As she took the first step, Sophia heard something and it made her pause. That sound...it was the sound of water running. Her brows furrowed and she took tentative steps towards the source, walking past machines and weights as she did. She past those and then treadmills, noticing that one was still on. A number in the 20s blinked over and over again but Sophia didn't stop to look at it.

Her heart was starting to flutter weirdly and the tiniest of smiles was growing on her face.

She acknowledged that feeling. Maybe it was because she admitted that what she felt was more than a simple liking not too long ago...right now, she felt exited at the mere thought of seeing him.

She rounded the corner and stopped at the entrance of another adjoining room within the gym. It's door was already open and on the inside, one man stood.

Sophia's grip and the water bottle tightened at that exact moment. Even her steps faltered.

Elijah stood there, leaning over one of the many wide sinks, allowing the water to run. He was shirtless, tattoos of all kinds littered the skin of his back. That and a few droplets of sweat. His head was covered by a towel but water still dripped from his damp hair onto the side of his face.

He did not look okay. His features were etched into frown and his hands were gripping the sink tightly. She could even hear his heavy breathing from where she stood. If it were any other time, he would've noticed her the moment she appeared but now...he looked too distracted by something.

Elijah..?

Sophia hadn't the slightest clue what was going on. She never saw him like this before.

He went still suddenly, as if finally sensing her presence. Elijah lifted his head and turned. His eyes that wasn't completely open at first, went wide as their gazes locked.

Elijah immediately straightened, taking the towel off his head and letting it fall. The tension she felt rising from him in droves and seeping through his pores immediately dissipated.

"Sophia..." Elijah turned the faucet off and didn't hesitate further, he immediately stalked over to her, crossing the small distance in only seconds.

Sophia's eyes stayed on his chest the entire time. Her face got hotter as he cane closer and she instinctively took a step back. The fluttering in her chest increased tenfold.

What was with it and her mind going fucking haywire whenever he was involved. Not only that but the palpable relief in his eyes, that and something else, made her heart beat wildly.

Oh hell..!

Elijah hugged and pulled her close. Sophia's face gently hit his chest and her entire front was pressed into his body. He held her tightly, like she'd vanish in to thin air if she didn't.

"You're okay," she heard his sigh.

Sophia couldn't hide or deny it. She couldn't deny the feeling that rose in her chest as he held her in his arms like this. The night from before was hazy but Sophia cared very little for that now.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sophia asked. Her hand itched to feel him, to run along his skin and she did just that. Right now there was something wild about him, dangerous even. It drew her in even more. Sophia looked up with a smile, "I'm sorry...did I drink too much?"

Sophia could only hope she didn't embarrass herself in a drunken stupor. The tales that arose from her being inebriated always made her long to melt into the ground and vanish.

"It's...nothing," Elijah trailed off, his hand came up to her chin and his thumb gently ran over her bottom lip. He smiled softly while continuing, "Nothing at all."

His other hand went other places. He pulled her in again, any space left inbetween them was gone. Sophia swallowed thickly as she could feel every outline of him. His gaze that never left her was getting heavier.

Sophia was a little confused. Her curiosity for the night before deepened. Did she...tease him or something?

Sophia was curious but knew it was useless to ask him. Elijah's lips were sealed and his interest now was elsewhere. As the air around them got hotter, she struggled think. They were alone here, the clothes she wore wasn't the best at covering her body, Elijah was shirtless...holding her like this.

Sophia gulped, "I met Garcia...she said you left, Eli. Where did you go and why are we here and not the appartment?"

"Don't worry about it, Sophia."

Her concerns were brushed to the side. Did Sophia mind, she really did not. After all, she only wanted to fill the very suggestive silence between them. She swore her knees went week as Elijah leaned down to kiss her neck, running his nose along her skin. At this point she was nearly on her tip toes.

Elijah just now was angry and although he looked calm now, she didn't miss the edge deep in his eyes. It looked like he needed to vent, desperately. And not the 'conversational' kind.

Her fingers loosened and the water bottle she held slipped from it. Both of them ignored the thud it made on the ground, too distracted with each other.

Sophia's feet left the ground as he pulled her up. She immediately locked her legs around his waist, her hands went around his neck and she buried her face there.

Elijah smelled nice right now. The thick and undeniably male scent coming from him was addicting. Sophia knew it definitely because she finally, in her heart, admitted her feelings were much more than simply liking him? Everything about their moment now felt charged and had her hyper focused.

Initially, Sophia went looking for him to talk but that could wait. She enjoyed the silence and hearing his heartbeats. Although.. she was a bit surprised that Elijah sighed and did not make a move to take it further.

Her surprise came too soon. Not even a minute later, Elijah pressed her into the wall, right next to the door she just came through. Her eyes flew open as he held her there.

Sophia looked up but her lips were caught before she could speak. Her eyes slipped shut on their own accord.

"Eli..." her voice was barely audible, Elijah made a sound of acknowledgement but didn't stop. His hands gripped her ass and he took his time tasting her lips.

There was barely any urgency. Elijah he bit her bottom lip lightly and his tongue slipped inside her mouth more than once, reducing her brain to mush.

It was amazing. Sophia didn't want it to end and later didn't hide her displeasure when they finally broke apart. Elijah however, was smiling. His dark eyes were noticeably lighter than before.

"If you're curious, I'll give you a proper tour of my home later," he spoke and allowed her feet back to the ground.

Sophia masked the confusion she felt as  he let her go and stepped back.

Was that...it?

"I kinda am," she quickly recovered and shook the thought away before he could notice, "Is there a special reason you brought me here?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Not...really," Elijah turned away. He walked back to the spot he stood when she just came in, grabbing another small towel off the rack close by.

Sophia wasn't convinced, "What happened last night? I know you said they only served the strongest drinks but did I really drink that much?" The idea of being blackout drunk to that extent made her embarrassed. Like, what if she threw up and made a complete fool of herself and couldn't remember?

Elijah walked to stand behind her, guiding her back outside, "You were amazing, Sophia. There's no need to worry."

His voice at her ear was soft and coaxing. She nodded, almost in a daze. Well... since no one was saying otherwise..she'd believe him for now.

She definitely planned to call Kayla and Seong though. If something crazy happened last night, they wouldn't have missed it. Sophia also wanted to question the reason for his previous behaviour too but she thought better of it. His shoulders were no longer tensed so she'd let it go...for now.

"Are you done here?" Sophia changed the topic as they came to a stop outside, she turned around and was once again facing his chest. The urge to step forward and touch him was strong. She forced herself to turn her eyes away.

"Do you want us to leave?" He spun the question around lightheartedly.

Sophia thought for a moment then shook her head. It seemed like it was already past midday. She didn't mind spending more this bit of time in his company.

Sophia took a look around and an idea popped into her mind, "What do you usually do here? I didn't know you were a gym junkie," Sophia spoke lightly but on the inside, she already guessed he spent a little too much time in the gym. That strength and...stamina had to come from somewhere. Sophia smiled thinly and waited on his reply.

Elijah didn't disappoint, "I used to do a bit of everything in my free time," he gestured around them. Sophia's eyes, however, went back to his chest and she hummed to let him know she was listening.

"Now I mostly stick to a few," he pointed to the treadmill, some assortments of dumbells and few other machines. It was interesting how his toned body and muscles moved in tune. Sophia always wondered how he was able to look this good without over bulking and now her questions were finally answered.

Sophia smiled even wider, "Can I see you lift? I'll spot you."

His eyebrows rose at her sudden request then he smiled playfully, lifting a hand to brush at her cheek, "Do you even know what that means," he laughed but in the end he obeyed her request.

He took the small towel off his head and walked to another weird looking machine. Sophia followed him and shadowed him as he loaded it up on both sides.

"Don't hurt yourself-!" Sophia offered her small words of motivation as she walked around him. Elijah laughed, even stopping to gengly pinch her cheek at her teasing. After doing so, he walked back and snapped everything into place, securing it.

Sophia watched him with great interest.   Who wouldn't? This was a man who lived at his desk infront of that laptop in a suit, now he was practically putting on a show for her. Now to mention doing so while shirtless!

Sophia stopped and waited to see what he'd do next then was surprised at him lying down. She took a peak at the round bars he secured and fought the urge to scratch her head. She was by no means a gym nut but she had a vague idea. She was familiar with pounds and thankfully the numbers were quoted in pounds. She counted the bars and add it up in her head then froze.

Why on earth was the number higher than her own body weight.

Her eyes snapped to Elijah who's attention was elsewhere. Her skepticism was lost. In the end she shrugged and took a seat on a similar machine close to where she stood.

As he began, Sophia watched him and only some minutes later while she did this, her face burned as if someone took a lit match to it.

Oh God...!

She never stepped foot into a gym before so she had very little skills to tell whether this was impressive or not. Her attention however, was not focused on his skill but rather something else entirely.

Elijah was shirtless and only wore low hanging gray sweatpants that really left nothing to the imagination as he laid down like that. She could see the print. Sophia coughed and tore her eyes from it. Her other option was to stare at his muscles tensing and releasing with each of his measured movements his hair was all the way back out of his face and his dark eyes stared forward.

Watching him like this and listening to his heavy breathing...it wasn't all that good for her poor, fragile and weak state of mind.

Maybe it was because he got her a little excited in that room just now. Sophia was, in the simplest term, turned on all over again like from the flip of a switch. That fact was undeniable, she had to check herself for drool.

Elijah was just so...fucking amazing, hot as sin, strong and hers alone to enjoy. The fact that she was probably the only one exposed to this side of him...it made her fix her nightgown and cross her legs.

This was...fine. She couldn't help that her body was hot from simply watching him. She swallowed thickly and resorted to blaming it on ovulating hormones. When Elijah took a second's pause and his eyes slid to hers. She smiled thinly hoping to hell her fluster was well hidden.

It wasn't.

-Because at that moment Elijah lifted the weights onto the racks and it snapped back into place. With a heavy sigh he got up from under it, eyes never leaving hers.

Sophia tried not to smile.

Elijah didn't need to speak. Sophia could tell what he wanted by his eyes alone and she got up and hurried over to him. He wasted no time in dragging her down to sit on his lap.

"Sophia," he spoke slowly as their faces got close, "you can't be looking at me like that right now."

Sophia feigned innocence, it wasn't very convincing because her smile refused to leave her lips, "-What do you mean? Like what-?" Her question got cut off as his hands crept under her thin dress, pushing it upwards on her waist as he went. His fingers slipped under the waistband of her thin panties and she jumped as he let it snap against her skin. She didn't wait around either, her hands were on a separate journey of their own, lightly running over his shoulders and back.

"You're a dangerous woman Sophia, that's what you are," was his final mutter as he held her and got up. Sophia didn't have to make two guesses to realize where he intended to take her.

♤♡♤

Meanwhile some miles away, very deep into the city was a huge hotel that rose into the sky. The hotel was majestic and very deserving of its many rated stars and class. It boasted excellent service and top of the art rooms, views for the higher floors and many more.

High up in the hallways of this particular hotel was a woman who stood by the door of one of these state of the art rooms.

The twitching muscles in her jaw revealed just how irritated she felt as she stood there. She wore the very recognizable uniform that was mostly blue signifying her position as a hotel employee and her short heels clicked as she tapped her feet impatiently. She was waiting here for quite a while now.

She didn't want to be here but unfortunately she pulled the short straw with her coworkers and was tasked with delivering the breakfast tray.

The hotel had a specific time for breakfast outside of deliberate orders and this was one of those times. She was told that last night when these two drunken couple were making their reservations, they paid up front without caring that there was unsually a day's delay to make reservations.

It showed that they were no normal couple and the hotel staff payed special attention to them. The couple didn't ask for much except more liquor and snacks at that time and the lady in their duo specified and made a deliberate order for breakfast after midday. It showed that this wasn't her first time making a reservation at this hotel.

The woman standing outside was tempted to leave the tray and go elsewhere but didn't want to risk her job. What if these people reported that they got nothing after making their requests and left a bad review or something? Just a single bad review was unacceptable. Maybe that's why this hotel was more popular with higher classes. All their needs were expertly taken care of.

The woman cursed inwardly and could do nothing more than lift her hand to knock lightly, similar to the past few minutes. She tried not to curse as another moment ran by but no one came to answer.

While she stood getting more and more irritated, on the inside of this hotel suite, no one was close to that area to hear her knocking.

The closest empty room was a bit messy with clothes strewn about, on the table was empty bottles and glasses, showing that an obscene amount of alcohol was consumed the night before.

Everything was disorderly and if someone were to walk deeper into the suite, they'd see a pair of l shoes and heels thrown randomly about in the short hallway. The kitchen was empty and untouched and many other rooms were similar, all except the last one at the end of the hall.

Inside this room was dim, with the only source of light being a few small rays of sunlight shining through a crack in the curtains.

A large comforter covered the bodies of the rumored couple and only a random hand and a leg hung out from under it.

As if she finally heard the muted knocks on the door coming from afar, the woman of the two frowned, twitching out of her sleep.

It took quite a while, but she finally came to. She lifted the sheets off her head and peeked through tiny slits in her eyes. Her head throbbed fiercely and her entire body was sore.

"Fucking hell.." she moaned as she pulled herself out from under the comforter to sit up on a random pillow. She took deep breaths to hold back the sick rising in her throat and winced because even the slightest movement made her head throb. Her temples and the spot behind her eyes hurt the most.

Even through all this pain, the woman found herself cracking the tiniest smile as she settled into a comfortable seating position. This feeling was very familiar to her.

Kayla blinked the disorientation away. Her killing hangover could only mean one thing. She most definitely had a crazy fucking time last night.

As she sat up more, she sheets fell and her eyebrows rose higher as she saw her current state of undress. Her body was bare and her chest was free without any confinement.

...Oh. She just got her answer to why her body was sore. Kayla laughed lightly to herself. Not only did she have a crazy time...last night was one of those nights too.

She squinted around the unfamiliar bedroom and as she did. She spotted something sticking out from the other end of the comforter.

That was definitely...not her leg.

Her smile fell as she realized she wasn't alone. That fact made her curse inwardly. She couldn't even make her quick getaway because her head hurt too much. She'd probably puke out her intestines if she got up too fast. As her eyes stared longer at that leg, Kayla found herself getting curious.

She was just about to sate her curiosity  but froze as the leg twitched then moved. The body that was covered under the comforter twisted and she heard a barely audible groan.

Kayla's eyebrows furrowed even more so as a hand crept out. The form rose and the sheets slid down as the person laying beside her sat up.

The room was dark but not in the sense of pitch blackness. She could still see everything with a lot of clarity and what she saw made her body go still with shock. Kayla was in disbelief at the face that revealed itself as the comforter completely slid away.

The man that was now sitting up clutched his head in pain, cursing. Like her, he wore nothing, Kayla could even see a few hairs leading down to the spot near his legs that remained covered by the comforter. On the inside all her cells were screaming and her mind was slowly but surely sinking into chaos.

Oh my fucking God.

Kayla laughed in slight disbelief and upon hearing the sound, the man froze from clutching his head and his eyes snapped open.

Very slowly, at snail's pace, he turned to face her. Similarly there was shock in his eyes, followed by disbelief and surprise. For a good minute, both of them remained frozen as they stared at the other, like deers in the headlights.

Out of everyone at that damned party...Kayla cursed internally. She really needed some time to gather her scattered wits.

Seong wasn't better off. His tongue went immobile and refused to form words. Both were speechless and in the background they kept hearing periodic knocking on the door which none of them paid attention too.

It wasn't apparent how long they stayed like this but their moment was soon broken by Kayla. Her expression got unsightly and she immediately turned and bent over the other side of the bed, unable to hold back the sick rising in her throat any longer.

Seong could hardly move and with his head still throbbing from his deathly hangover, he watched as Kayla took a good long while to empty the alcohol and other contents of her stomach onto the well maintained floor tiles.

• • •

Another chapter finally posted♡ Thank you all for reading and I really hope y'all enjoyed it. Remember to vote comment and share if and whenever you can, 'cause I'd really appreciate it.

Also, if you haven't been on my profile already, head on over and add my new books to your libraries♡♡  Chapters for those new novels will be posted upon the near completion of Midnight Neighbor so be sure to add them if you want to read more of my works♡

Anyway, I'll be seeing y'all next chapter

Nessa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

885K 19.3K 40
|STEAMY ROMANCE| 18+ "Oh, how bad I want to corrupt you, ruin you. But you're not ready for that." As much as I want her beneath me, writhing, beggin...
2.6M 74.1K 27
He swiped my sweat-soaked hair off my neck, resting his lips against my ear. His fiery breaths blew across my earlobe. My body shuddered once again...
20.5K 752 19
Sophia Lucas Chandler-rich as sin and completely unattainable.A nightmare for the press. It's my job to clean up his image. I love a challenge.Small...
39.6K 748 77
I had a one night stand with the self-proclaimed businessman of Manhattan, New York. I have told myself it can't happen again, it just can't. I get t...