Fear of Intimacy

By OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 2 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES'} Tasha Davis wants the type of love her best friend has. The all consuming... More

A/N
Chapter 1.....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3....
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5....
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 9.....
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15....
Chapter 16....
Chapter 17....
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31....
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
A/N
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Playlist

Chapter 8....

17.8K 752 66
By OutOfMyLimit17

Tasha

"Okay everyone here is our schedule for the week." Josie said the moment we were all seated at the table for breakfast the next morning...well more like afternoon. It was clear the jet lag was getting everyone since it was around 1 in the afternoon by time we all made it downstairs. It was smart we planned an extra day just so we could adjust enough to the time change to be able to do things.

"We have a schedule?" Wyatt's brother, Landon, asked looking at Josie like she had three heads.

"Yep we want to make sure we do everything we want while we are here." Landon rolled his eyes but Josie wasn't fazed by his prickly attitude.

When I first met Landon I wasn't the biggest fan. He came off as the biggest asshole. But getting to know him more I learned why he was that way and underneath his whole 'asshole persona' he was actually a good guy. Him and Josie had that 'brother/sister' relationship where they shot each other sarcastic remarks and insults but never truly meant them.

"Since it's already one and everyone is tired we are spending it by laying around. If you want to go back to your rooms and sleep or go to the pool or beach. Tonight there is some sort of fire show down on the beach that we can all meet at." Josie started listing off.

I hid my smile behind a piece of watermelon. Josie and her excessive planning was nothing new to me. From the looks of everyone else this was the first they've seen this side of her.

Josie's always been a planner. Even in college she liked to plan when we would leave to go to parties and when we'd leave to come home. I won't lie, at first I found it a bit annoying. As someone who hated their life being dictated, thanks to my parents, I wasn't a huge fan of her 'planning'. Wasn't until I learned about her dad I finally understood her reasoning.

With her dad's cancer being unpredictable Josie liked to find things she could control-could predict. Planning was her thing to help make her seem more in control when other things in her life were far from it.

There were a few times some girls made their comments. Comments that made my already broken best friend feel worse about herself; especially after her toxic relationship with a man I will never speak of again. I cut those girls out of our 'friend group' so fast. Josie was like a sister to me and anyone who made her feel that way didn't deserve my attention or hers.

I protected Josie and she protected me. It was how we worked.

"Sounds good. We'll meet down at the beach around 7." Being in my own head I missed what everyone had planned, leaving me sitting there lost.

"You should start paying attention sunshine." I looked across the table at Trevor.

"Did you just call me sunshine?"

"And?"

"Out of all the names...sunshine?" I scrunched my nose up.

"It matches your hair." My hand unconsciously came up to touch the ends of my hair. Trevor's eyes followed my hand before looking down at his food.

"So uh what did I miss?" I cleared my throat.

"Honestly nothing. We have the rest of the day to ourselves and then going to some bonfire thing later."

"Sounds like you weren't paying attention either." I raised an eyebrow.

"I can do multiple things at once babe." Trevor winked. Something in my stomach fluttered at that wink and the way he chewed his food. What the hell is wrong with me?

Averting my eyes I picked at the rest of my food, ignoring the man sitting in front of me. Turning to Sydni I nudged her shoulder.

"Wanna hit the beach with me in a bit?" It was the perfect day to lay around the beach and relax.

"Think we can get margarita's on the beach?" She asked. 

"I bet if one of the guys used their names they'd gladly bring us some." I suggested, the corner of my lip tugging up. A similar smile grew on Sydni's face.

"I got this." She said before turning to her boyfriend. Full on grinning,  I watched Sydni run her hand down his arm. "Babe." The way Bryton looked at his girlfriend sent a pang through my chest I quickly pushed aside.

"Yeah?"

"You know I love you right?" She batted her eyelashes at him. Bryton narrowed his eyes at her, not falling for the innocent look on her face.

"What do you want?"

"I can't tell my boyfriend I love him?" I covered my mouth to hide my grin.

"Again...what do you want?" Sydni let out a dramatic sigh.

"Us girls want to go to the beach and relax, we had such a long flight yesterday." Man she really was laying it on thick. Bryton just stared at his girlfriend knowing something else was coming. "But we want margaritas on the beach." Sydni pressed her chest against his arm as she traced his hand with her finger. "Think you could help us get margaritas delivered to the beach?"

"So you want me to ask the poor workers at the hotel to keep bringing you girls margaritas?"

"Uh...yeah?" The confidence Sydni had slowly crumbling. When he put it like that it sounded bad. The longer Bryton look at her I knew she would cave and say never mind.

"I'll see what I can do." Bryton finally said with a sigh.

"You know how much I love you right?" Sydni beamed at her boyfriend before planting a kiss on him. She turned to me with a wide smile, one I half heartedly returned.

Turning back to my plate I met the eyes of Trevor. He looked at me with such intensity, almost like he could see every thought running through my mind. Like he knew watching Sydni and Bryton together made my heart hurt. Unable to hold his gaze I looked down at my omelet and took a big bite.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"I could get use to this." Josie commented as all us girls laid out on the beach. I hummed in agreement, my eyes closed as I soaked in the warm sun. A girl could definitely get use to laying on the beach drinking margaritas.

"What do you think the boys are doing?" Sydni asked.

"Probably found some sport to watch." Lydia answered. I didn't have to look at her to know she was rolling her eyes. Not that she was wrong either. They probably went to the bar in the hotel and found some game to watch while drinking. 

"It's good for them to have a vacation before the season starts. I can already tell Wyatt is biting at the bit to get back on the ice."

"Bryton is the same way. He's been driving me crazy being home. I'm not sure how much more hockey talk I can take. Every few minutes he's telling me about some team and the stats or certain plays he can't wait to try out with the guys."

"Oh you've gotten the 'play talk' too. Wyatt's been doing the same to me, acting like I should know what he's talking about. Thank god I love him."

I laughed at the way Josie said it. Wyatt may annoy her but she loved it. Loved him. I've never seen a couple more in love than those two. A type of love that I don't ever see ending.

"Margarita's?" A voice spoke above me. Opening my eyes I found a worker from the hotel holding a tray filled with delicious looking margaritas.

"Oh yes!" Sydni stood up and reached for one.

"Thank you." I smiled at the guy grabbing one of my own. My last one was long gone, so perfect timing.

"Okay maybe the guys are useful for something." Lydia smirked. Bryton came through with getting us drinks on the beach.

"Well here, cheers to amazing friends." Josie held up her glass with a wide grin.

"Cheers to that." I mirrored her grin, leaning forward to tap my glass with hers and the girls.

"You know we should leave the guys and move here." I commented, laying back down on my chair.

"You know, I can get behind that." Sydni hummed sipping her drink. "They won't survive without us though."

"Especially Wyatt, he's like a little baby around Josie."

"I would deny that but its the truth." We all laughed with Josie. Both Wyatt and Bryton acted tough but around their girlfriends they were so whipped. You could literally see the way their eyes lit up when they saw Josie and Sydni. It was cute and nauseating at the same time.

"How is it going with Wyatt?" I asked Josie. We've both been so busy with work we haven't had much time to catch up.

"Things have been great. He's just so..." Josie trailed off, face practically glowing as she thought of her boyfriend. "I've never met someone like him before."

"Well he has my approval."

"Oh now he has the approval? We've been together almost a year."

"He had to prove himself." I shrugged drinking my drink. After her last ex I only expected the best for my best friend. Never again will I see her so insecure about herself or made to feel like she was worthless. I won't allow that to happen again.

"You were a bit hard on him at first." I won't even deny that I was. I had been gone when they first met but little does Josie know I actually met up with him after I got back and questioned him. Was I a bit excessive in my questioning....hell yeah but it just proved Wyatt was a good guy. He took my grilling with ease and answered all the questions I threw at him. Letting me know he was nothing like Josie's ex.

Wyatt had my approval ages ago.

"You're my best friend what do you expect." I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Are you going to tell me why you've been a bit weird the last few days?" Over her shoulder Sydni and Lydia were talking, leaving Josie and I alone.

"My mom called the other night." The word 'mom' like acid on my tongue.

"Figured as much when you came over. What did she want this time?" Josie sipped her drink as she looked at me.

"To remind me to come to the Gala in a few weeks." At my words she rolled her eyes. "It was more of a...demand than a reminder. You know how she is."

"What did she say this time?"

"That I should bring a suitable date this time." I clenched my jaw as the familiar wave of anger washed over me whenever I talked about my parents. "Oh an a jab at my job. You know the usual."

"Are you going to go?" Josie asked but we both knew I couldn't say no. Not when it came to my parents. Even now they still had a hold over me.

"But I'm not going to let myself think about it. We are on vacation and I won't let my stupid parents ruin it."

"That's the spirit." Josie grinned reaching out to tap my drink with hers. "Your gonna have so much fun you won't even think about your parents."

I tapped her glass with mine smiling. I fully planned on doing just that. 

I still grin like a lunatic whenever I write about Josie and Wyatt. Ugh they are so adorable. But don't worry Tasha and Trevor are coming in close. Tasha and Trevor's little comebacks to each other are everything :D 

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! I know its slow moving so far with the updates but think of it as a little mid-week present!! 

Love you guys so much! Thank you for the endless support, I cannot thank you guys enough. 

Also prayers for my puppy. He's getting surgery tomorrow the poor baby. :(

VOTE, COMMENT!

<3 <3 <3 

-Ken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 1.3K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
Given Time By K.Ward

Teen Fiction

2.9M 67.2K 55
As kids, Leah and Tanner hated each other. To this day, they still do. Tanner Cole is tall, dark, tattooed, and insanely attractive, though his ugly...
9M 255K 52
Getting stuck in the elevator with a famous hockey player was an accident, but falling in love is a choice. ...
765K 32.4K 28
After a one night stand on New Year's Eve, Lia and Derrick don't expect to see one another again. After all, she's a Harvard PhD student and he's a p...