Marvel Women One Shots

By artistic_bagel

Welcome to my Marvel Women One Shots! This is my first time writing one shots so stand by while I figure out... More

Author's Note
Bike Ride - Mama Nat
Feelings Part 1 - Kate Bishop
Feelings Part 2 - Kate Bishop
Secrets - Wanda Maximoff
Fighting - Mama Nat
Our Future - Wanda Maximoff
Sick - Yelena Belova
Guilt - Natasha Romanoff
Helping - Kate Bishop
Is it ever enough? - Mama Nat
Learning - Wanda Maximoff
Scars - Yelena Belova
Taking Care - Natasha Romanoff
Nighttime Dances - Yelena Belova
Not What I Had Planned - Mama Nat
Announcement
Why Do You Care - Wanda Maximoff
It's Always Been You - Kate Bishop
You Did What Now? - Natasha Romanoff
We Need to Get Out - Yelena Belova
Doodles and Fire - Wanda Maximoff
At Least There's a Dog - Kate Bishop
You're just different now Pt 1 - Natasha Romanoff
I will always love you - Wanda Maximoff
Just a little update/question
Meeting the family - Yelena Belova
Tired - Wanda Maximoff
You're just different now Pt 2 - Natasha Romanoff
I love you - Yelena Belova
Happy Pride Month
Lock your door next time - Mama Nat
You're no monster - Wanda Maximoff
A breath of fresh air - Kate Bishop
You're still my love - Yelena Belova
I need to get home - Natasha Romanoff
I'll protect you - Wanda Maximoff
I BOUGHT A THING
The next chapter - Kate Bishop
Headaches - Yelena Belova
I have Covid
Felt to real - S.J, F.P, H.S, E.O
Bad day - Mama Nat
Little Sister Part 1 - Kate Bishop
Little Sister Part 2 - Kate Bishop
Little Sister Part 3 - Kate Bishop
Nightmares aren't real - Wanda Maximoff
Rain - Yelena Belova
Dealing with it - Natasha Romanoff
Important Update
New Story!!
Just Being Yourself - Natasha Romanoff
A deep breath...of water - Yelena Belova
Painful - Wanda Maximoff
Requests
hi
A deep breath...of water part 2 - Yelena Belova
Love me, love me not - Wanda Maximoff
Old habits will haunt - Kate Bishop
First Family Christmas - Natasha Romanoff
Stomach Bug - Yelena Belova

Visiting - Kate Bishop

2.3K 51 2
By artistic_bagel

Warnings: Implied smut but it's one line at the very end

Hi so I wrote this after a long day at work and I was wishing for one Kate Bishop to come visit me and make my day better. 

I work at a restaurant and I don't understand how there can be so many rude people. 

If you go and eat out somewhere, don't get mad at the service. We're trying our best and you're probably not our only table to take care of. 

Anyways, idk how I feel about this one, but here it is

I rolled over in bed and groaned, looking at the clock on my nightstand. Kate was still clutching onto one of my arms, so I was just sort of sprawled out, trying to check the time.

6:12 am

I had to get up soon if I'm going to make my shift. I was scheduled to come into work at seven, so I had about forty-five minutes to get up, get around, and get to the restaurant.

Slowly, I pulled my captive arm free from Kate's sleepy clutches, and got out of bed. I wandered into the kitchen and began brewing a pot of coffee. God knows that if I don't get a cup of coffee in the morning, I will be too grouchy to work in food service.

Leaving the drink to brew, I went back into the bedroom and pulled out a fresh uniform shirt, which was a black button-up, and a pair of black pants.

As I pulled off my pajamas and began pulling on my work clothes, Kate snorted in her sleep. I tried my best to giggle quietly, but she was too cute, especially in her sleep.

Part of me wanted to wake her up, tell her that I was leaving for work soon, but she looked so peaceful sleeping that I felt bad waking her up. Plus I knew she had had a late night, finishing up some stuff for Bishop Security that I knew she needed her rest.

I pulled my hair back into a tight bun and moved to the mirror to check everything.

Kate snorted again in her sleep and rolled over, mumbling something in gibberish. She must be having one hell of an interesting dream.

After fixing my shirt collar and clipping on my name tag, I went back into the kitchen to grab some coffee before heading out.

I pulled out a mug and poured my coffee and began fixing it the way I like it. I had about twenty minutes, which was plenty of time since the restaurant was only about five minutes away.

The moment I sat down at the table and brought my hot drink to my lips, Kate shuffled into the kitchen, still half asleep. She dragged one of the chairs as close to my left side as she could get and plopped down, grabbing onto my arm and resting her head on my shoulder.

"Someone's cuddly this morning." I smiled at her antics, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Why are you up so early?" she mumbled, snuggling deeper into my side.

"I have to go to work this morning, baby." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

She whined at my response, gripping onto my arm tighter as I worked on my drink. We sat in silence while Kate got her last minute cuddles before I had to leave. But eventually, my cup of coffee was empty and I was unwrapping Kate from my side. I found her sleepy state hilarious.

"My shift ends at three, but if it's busy then I might be back at around 3:30 or 4." I told Kate while pulling on my shoes.

"I'll miss you." she mumbled, watching me rush around and grab my wallet, keys, and work apron.

"I'll miss you too." I pulled her into one last hug, then moved to the front door of our apartment. "I'll call you on my break, alright?"

She just nodded, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. I had a feeling that she would go back to bed once I closed the door and that she would barely remember this conversation later today.

After giving her a quick kiss, I turned to leave, closing the door behind me.

A few minutes later, I pulled up to work, got out of my car, and walked in. It was pretty packed for a Monday morning, which was surprising considering it was the beginning of the work and school week.

The moment I clocked in at 7 am exactly, I was thrown into the chaos that was the breakfast, brunch, and lunch rush. Somehow, those three rushes found a way to merge together into one, almighty rush of customers.

The first three hours crawled by, with a seemingly never ending supply of tables, all ranging in parties of two to a party of fifteen. That was an interesting table to take care of with all their interesting questions like "what do we cook our beans in?"

Then there was this one customer who accused me of stealing ten cents from him. I didn't understand what he was getting at and he was all disgruntled, even though I didn't do anything. He had given me nine cents, not nineteen. I even repeated the amount of money had had handed me, and he confirmed that was the right amount. It wasn't until I gave him his change that he kind of blew up.

Halfway through the breakfast rush, I forgot to include a to go order's side of bacon and the lady came back to give me a piece of her mind. I apologized profusely to her and even gave her a free drink for her troubles, but she still didn't fail to make me angry with myself.

There was another lady who was all upset that an extra side of salsa was fifty cents. She also gave me a piece of her mind, telling me that she was very disappointed. I just apologized and moved on, already mentally done with the human race. 

Plus there was just the average amount of rude customers that would complain that their food was taking too long, even though it had only been like five minutes since they had ordered. Some would visibly get frustrated if we forgot to bring them their to go boxes or took too long in bringing them their side of ranch or ketchup.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these customers know how truly stressful working in the food industry truly is.

Eventually it reached around one o-clock in the afternoon and the rush of customers was dying down, giving all the servers a moment to rest and take a breather.

I was in the back, typing in my own food order so I could take my lunch break, when my coworker Cesar stuck his head around the corner.

"Hey, you have one more table before you go on break." he said, a smirk growing on his face as he watched me deflate slightly. All I wanted to do was sit down, get off my feet, and call my girlfriend.

"How big is the party?" I asked, exiting out of my own food order on the tablet.

"Just one. And hey, she's quite the looker." Cesar disappeared around the corner, going back to tend to his own tables.

"That's nice." I mumbled, thinking only of my girlfriend.

Shoving my notepad into my apron, I walked out of the server station and rounded the corner into the restaurant's main room. I spotted my new table, and a smile instantly grew on my face.

Kate was sitting in a booth alone, staring intently at the menu placed before her. She was in casual clothes, a pair of dark jeans and a baggy t-shirt that used to belong to me at one point.

"Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face.

Kate looked up, a smug expression evident at my comment.

"I'll have you know, I have a girlfriend." Kate said, playing along.

"Well, then, she has great taste."

"She's also a huge dork." Kate scooted over slightly to give me room to slide in, which I did, and pulled her into a hug. "How's work?"

"Eh...it's alright." I mumbled. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Just coffee." Kate rubbed my back in a soothing manner at my response to her question.

I nodded and got up to grab her coffee.

The moment I got up, I caught the eyes of a few of my coworkers.

I hadn't told them about Kate, or me having a girlfriend. It's not that I didn't want to, because in reality, I wanted to brag about how amazing Kate is to everyone I met. I was just afraid of them not accepting it and it all becoming a whole situation. I worked with some kind people, and had made a few really good friends. I didn't want them to hate me for who I loved. I got enough of that from my family.

A few moments later, I returned to Kate's table and gave her the fresh cup of coffee.

"You ready to order?" I asked, sitting down on the other side of the booth, and pulling out my notepad to write down the order.

Kate ordered, and I got up to put it in the system for the cooks to work on. I collected the bill from my only other table and sent in my own lunch order, that way I could take my break with Kate.

When I heard the cook's bell ring, signaling that food was up, I went up to the counter and collected Kate's plate and mine.

"Hey Jess," I called out to my manager. "I'm going on break."

"Alright." she replied from around the corner.

I clocked out and grabbed both of our plates and went back to Kate's table. I slid her plate in front of her, and sat down next to her with my own food.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a smile, grabbing some condiments to fix up her food the way she likes it.

"I'm taking my lunch break." I replied, beginning to dig into my lunch.

"Mmm, I could get used to this." Kate mumbled, biting into her food. "So how is your day, really?"

"It's been alright. It was really busy this morning and I made a couple mistakes with some to go orders and what not. I had to deal with a couple of rude people, so that was fun." I replied, stabbing my food with my fork.

"I'm sorry, baby." Kate replied, turning to give me a sympathetic look.

"It's alright. There's not much I can do about it now." I replied, keeping my gaze locked on my food.

Kate studied my face, knowing that I have a tendency to be hard on myself when I make mistakes, no matter how small. Add that on with the customers chewing me out, she could tell I upset with myself. I guess she decided to drop it, not wanting to pry. I figured she would try to do something later to cheer me up when I got home.

We exchanged some conversation, happy with each other's company while eating some good food. I felt Kate slide a hand into mine, causing my face to heat up slightly.

"Thank you for coming, Kit Kat." I whispered, turning towards her.

"Of course. I told you that I'd miss you." Kate smiled, glancing between my eyes and my lips. I knew what she wanted to do. I wanted it too, but I knew my coworkers would never let me hear the end of it.

Did I care? Yes. Was that going to stop me? No.

I pulled Kate closer to me, a hand sliding onto her waist. It was a gentle kiss, kind and slow. It  wasn't too much or intense. Just enough to tide me over until I got home from work.

We pulled away and Kate looked so beautiful. I don't know what it was, but she just was. There was no denying that, and I loved her so very much. I wanted people to know this.

Kate's eyes landed on something behind me, and I swiveled around slightly to see what it was. All the servers were standing there, from my favorite coworker to my manager. They all had a range from shocked expressions that I kissed a customer, to impressed looks that I was able to pull such a beautiful girlfriend. 

I felt my face go hotter and buried it in Kate's neck out of embarrassment. She just giggled at me, wrapping her arms around me protectively as the others went back to work.

"Why do they look so surprised?" Kate asked, unwrapping herself from my body and turning to grab her cup of coffee.

"I hadn't told them about us yet." I replied, feeling more embarrassment fill my voice.

"Oh boy." Kate laughed, sipping on her coffee and sliding down slightly in the booth.

"They're not going to let that go." I laughed back, glancing around the room and catching a few smirks from the others.

A few moments later, my alarm went off for me to clock back in, signaling that my break was over.

"I have to go." I collected my trash, piling it up on my plate and grabbing Kate's empty one.

"Ok..." a slight pout creeps onto her face at my words, watching me stand up and stacking our empty plates.

I lean down and give her a quick kiss, wiping the pout off and replacing it with a smile when I pull away.

"I'll see you in a few hours." I told her, watching her stand up and pull me into a gentle hug, careful to avoid the plates in my hands.

"We can pick this up later." She husks in my ear, briefly kissing my neck and instantly causing me to blush.

Kate laughed at my flustered state, slipping me some cash to pay for the food, and saying goodbye.

I walked around to the server station and placed the dirty plates in the bus bins, watching her leave.

"How was your lunch?" a voice asks to my side.

I look over to see a very smug Cesar.

"Shut up." I laugh, shoving past him to pay for Kate and mine's food.

It was nice, having a girlfriend like Kate, coming by to bother me at work just to have lunch with me and ask me how my day has been. It's stuff like that that really made me realize how lucky I am to have Kate in my life and how much I really love her. She always found a way to make my crappy days so much better.

Now, I really can't wait to get home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 262 51
just read I am bad at descriptions sorry! btw I uploaded everything at once so yeah...
3.2K 101 12
If you enjoyed my two other books, "My future" and "A soulmate who wasn't meant to be" I hope you'll enjoy this book as well!! One shot book based on...
162K 2.3K 72
literally just natasha romanoff one-shots. fluff, smut, angst, whatever comes to mind. enjoy :) was off to a rough start but the stories get better w...