puhon.

By jmspuhon

An unexpected encounter reignites unexplainable feelings she once buried to the bottom of her heart - locked... More

Author's Note
airport
candidacy
naga
naga pt. 2
those days
if i ever get the chance
drunk-dazed
mata sa mata
Author's Note
polaroid love
every gaze
sunsets with you
in the dark
this time that fleets
story of tonight
past, present, and future
had me at hello
little boxes
this is our someday

alfredo pasta

1.3K 64 26
By jmspuhon

Val's POV

"The talks with Mr. Chan and his team have been going well, and from the looks of it, we would be bagging a new investor by the end of the month. Congrats to all of us, and I thank you for your hard work." I open the floor to any questions that may arise. I answer the few that were raised before everyone took turns in taking their leave from the room, grins on their faces for the successful investment.

I walk towards the pantry area, pouring myself my second cup of coffee for the day. Sorry Sen Risa, wala munang healthy buhay for today.

I rub my temples with my fingers, already sensing the incoming headache. For the past month or so, my days have consisted of going to rallies to supervise, going for h2h campaigns, or coming into the office for paperwork or meetings with investors. I knew this job was going to be exhausting, but I underestimated just how much so. Ginusto ko to, paninindigan ko to.

A cup of coffe in hand, I head towards my office, a small quaint space at the end of the hall. I hear a notification come in from my phone, and I smile as I see the sender.

aika 🐻 sent a photo.

wala pa kong naheadlock sa kampanya pero si nanay naka isa na sakin 😅

buti naman you didn't let go of the baby

mas inalala pa yung baby kesa sakin???

syempre, baby ka ba?

baby mo chz

🙄🙄

I bite my lip to stop the smile from spreading. nako, don't try me, baka totohanin ko yan jessica marie.

This has become a normal thing now in the past month as well. In the middle of the busy campaign season, we were able to exchange numbers, and now her silly anecdotes have become my most awaited part of my day.

It should be alarming, how the eldest Robredo daughter still manages to calm me down after a long day, a simple hi enough to make butterflies erupt in my stomach. not that she knows that of course.

I've lost her once before because of my unrequited feelings, and I don't plan on it happening again anytime soon.

aika 🐻
haha sungit naman.

anw, how's work?

val
same old, meetings left and right.

aika 🐻
hmm, naglunch ka na?

val
nope, may tinatapos lang na paperworks then probably go eat out na lang. you?

aika 🐻
not yet rin. wanna have lunch with me? i am still waiting on that lunch treat of yours haha

val
sure, may newly opened resto ata a few blocks away. is 1 pm ok?

aika 🐻
yup, i'll pick you up na lang, see you!

I put my phone away, smile still in place and as if on command, Laura barges in to my office.

"Alonaaa, babe, can we please go to lunch now? I'm starvingg." she says, lazily slumping onto the small couch at one side of the room.

I give her an apologetic look. "Sorry Lau, I have plans na eh. Why not invite Gracie? Diba you've gotten close na?" I tell her, wiggling my eyebrows in playful fashion.

She rolls her eyes at me, "Ang issue mo. We're just friends." I give her an unimpressed look, muttering whatever you say under my breath.

"Heard that. Seryoso nga, we're just friends. Pero teka nga, what do you mean you have plans?? Who with?" She asks, staring at me mysteriously.

"Aika." I answer with a shrug of my shoulders, trying to keep my composure. I hear Laura squeal in front of me and I groan in response.

"Bakla ka! You finally made a move?" She jumps up and down excitedly, like a kid entering a candy store.

"Lunch lang kasi. Sino kayang maissue ngayon?" I reply to her.

"Lokohin mo na lahat wag lang ako, Alona Eloise."

"Wala nga, kulit. It's a friendly lunch. Besides, election ban nila remember?"

"Oh, right. So, after the elections na lang?" she raised an eyebrow at me, a sly grin on her lips. walked right into that one.

"Laura Faye." I warned her. She put her hands up in defense, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"Just saying. Oh well, have fun na lang on your 'not date na date naman talaga' later."  she said, waving goodbye to me and leaving me in my office. Mamaya ka sa'kin, Laura Faye.

Laura has become an integral part of my life. In the almost 2 years that we've worked together, we've already seen each other through multiple highs and lows, kaya naman despite my earlier hesitations on opening up about Aika and I's past, I'm glad I did to her. It felt like a weight was lifted off my chest, having poured out my feelings to at least one person who I was sure wouldn't judge me for my actions.

I finish the paperwork I needed at 12:47, relaying it to the proper teams before taking my break. As I make my way back to my office, I notice Laura and Gracie sharing a laugh at the corner, Gracie's hand atop Lau's arm. Laura notices me and I send a knowing smirk her way, shaking my head good naturedly.

I sit back down, stretching my muscles for a bit. A notification pops up, and I check the time, 12:53 pm.

aika 🐻
hi! just got here, what floor ka, puntahan kita dyan.

val
huy, don't na, i'll meet you out front na lang.

aika 🐻
no, it's okay, gusto ko rin magpasalamat sa team mo eh.

val
kala ko ba naman ako pinunta mo

6th floor kami , last door on your left is my office.

aika 🐻
wag ka na magtampo dyan, ikaw naman talaga, di naman sila yung manlilibre diba? haha choz

ok, on my way up na :)

A few minutes later and I hear a commotion outside. That must be her.

I went outside to meet her halfway, and I see her drowned in the sea of my coworkers, surprised to see her but nonetheless greeting her excitedly.

We make eye contact and she sends me an apologetic grin, underestimating her fame with the crowd. I giggle a little at her overwhelmed face. Still, she greets everyone back and thanks them for their hardwork.

I meet her halfway, hugging her when we reached each other. She sighed in relief, and I inhaled in her scent. Ang bango, Lord. My coworkers knew that we were batchmates in uni, so they didn't question our closeness, though the amusement in their faces was still evident.

I hear someone clear their throat beside me and turn to see Laura standing there, a knowing smile on her face. Oh dear God.

"Miss Aiks!! Kamusta na po?" They seemed like they got closer due to the rallies as well, I smile internally at the thought.

Aika greets her back, making a bit of small talk.

"Sige po Miss Aiks, una na po kayo ni Alona, paki-alagaan nga lang po yang best friend ko ah, marupok yan eh." My eyes widen at that and I glower at her. Aika simply laughs at the remark.

"Sorry about her."

"It's fine. It's nice that she's protective of you. Halika na?" she smiles her softest smile at me, and the butterflies return at full force.

Without a word, she takes the bag I was holding in one hand and surprises me as she takes my hand in her free one. I see my coworkers' eyes widen at the action. I'm not gonna hear the end of this.

The car ride was comfortably silent, the music from the radio being the only background noise. Her hand had let go of mine as she started to drive but I could still feel the ghost of it tingling in my hand.

I take the time to look her over, and her delicate yet fierce features. Laura was right about one thing, marupok ako. Well, when you're with someone as beautiful as Aika Robredo, how could you not be?

She catches me staring at her, an eyebrow lifted in question. Instead of looking away, I only smile at her, making her nose scrunch up in confusion as she turned her eyes back to the road.

We get to the restaurant and are seated without much fanfare, to both of our delight. The waiter greets us with a practiced smile, and takes our orders. We both order an alfredo pasta and our drinks along with it.

We catch up with each other as we wait for our food to be served, asking things from how our days have been to the most trivial things like the favorite movie we've seen recently.

"This is really good, but you know what I missed? Your alfredo pasta. I swear you put some kind of potion in that." I joke, reminiscing about the days we would spend in her apartment, chatting over dinner and staring out at the Charles River.

It was those kinds of moments that I fell for the woman. The dimly lit apartment coinciding with the moonlight which made her soft features pop out, the gentleness of her smile, and the genuine sparkle in her eyes. The domesticity of it all always left a longing ache in my heart.

"I will neither deny nor confirm." she responded, and the sparkle in her eye was back.

The rest of the meal was spent exchamging jokes and anecdotes, almost like the last few years apart didn't even happen. We fell back to the easy banter and domesticity we always had whenever we were with each other.

As promised, I paid for our bill, and she drove me back to the office. We parted ways at the entrance with a hug and a promise of a next time. The hug lingered for a moment longer than our previous ones but I didn't mind.

I came back to my office, still feeling the high from the lunch break.

"So, kamusta date niyo?" Laura came up to me, a teasing tilt in her voice.

I decided to play along instead. "It was nice. Masarap yung pagkain."

I noticed Gracie in my peripheral vision and took the chance. "You should take Gracie out on a date there too, someday." I see both of them blush furiously at my comment, and I laugh at them heartily. Boom bading, deserve. I excuse myself to go back to my office.

A few days after the lunch, I get a call from the lobby, saying I have a package waiting for me. I check to see who the sender was and lo and behold, none other than Aika. I opened the bag and chuckled as I saw the contents of it. A packed alfredo pasta, with garlic bread to top it it off. I pick up the note that was attached.

Thank you sa lunch the other day.

ps. hope this still tastes the same, I've been a little out of practice, lol

- aika r.

——————–––——————–––————————

A/N

wasn't supposed to update today pero i think we all needed it after everything :"))

mahigpit na yakap with consent sa ating lahat!!

always remember: one foot in front of the other, everyday ❤

ps. thank you po sa 700+ reads huhu mejo naoverhwelm ako sa tuwa but I'm so glad that you're enjoying this story as much as I am writing it <33

- oli

a little visual representation nung pic na sinend ni aika kay val:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 75 8
Leonor, who's always been a mischievous daughter has never shared anyone anything until Ferdinand, her soon to be lover steps into her life.
8.1K 563 48
To Tricia, Detective Jayden Rivera was a little too reckless and aloof for her liking. Yet Tricia couldn't help but pay attention to him every time J...
151K 5.1K 52
This is ONLY A FANFICTION about VP Leni and Sen Risa. If you are uncomfortable, please don't read. Enjoy <3
4.3K 258 6
A little twist of love and fate between two women who met during the Spanish era in the Philippines.