alfredo pasta

Val's POV

"The talks with Mr. Chan and his team have been going well, and from the looks of it, we would be bagging a new investor by the end of the month. Congrats to all of us, and I thank you for your hard work." I open the floor to any questions that may arise. I answer the few that were raised before everyone took turns in taking their leave from the room, grins on their faces for the successful investment.

I walk towards the pantry area, pouring myself my second cup of coffee for the day. Sorry Sen Risa, wala munang healthy buhay for today.

I rub my temples with my fingers, already sensing the incoming headache. For the past month or so, my days have consisted of going to rallies to supervise, going for h2h campaigns, or coming into the office for paperwork or meetings with investors. I knew this job was going to be exhausting, but I underestimated just how much so. Ginusto ko to, paninindigan ko to.

A cup of coffe in hand, I head towards my office, a small quaint space at the end of the hall. I hear a notification come in from my phone, and I smile as I see the sender.

aika 🐻 sent a photo.

wala pa kong naheadlock sa kampanya pero si nanay naka isa na sakin 😅

buti naman you didn't let go of the baby

mas inalala pa yung baby kesa sakin???

syempre, baby ka ba?

baby mo chz

🙄🙄

I bite my lip to stop the smile from spreading. nako, don't try me, baka totohanin ko yan jessica marie.

This has become a normal thing now in the past month as well. In the middle of the busy campaign season, we were able to exchange numbers, and now her silly anecdotes have become my most awaited part of my day.

It should be alarming, how the eldest Robredo daughter still manages to calm me down after a long day, a simple hi enough to make butterflies erupt in my stomach. not that she knows that of course.

I've lost her once before because of my unrequited feelings, and I don't plan on it happening again anytime soon.

aika 🐻
haha sungit naman.

anw, how's work?

val
same old, meetings left and right.

aika 🐻
hmm, naglunch ka na?

val
nope, may tinatapos lang na paperworks then probably go eat out na lang. you?

aika 🐻
not yet rin. wanna have lunch with me? i am still waiting on that lunch treat of yours haha

val
sure, may newly opened resto ata a few blocks away. is 1 pm ok?

aika 🐻
yup, i'll pick you up na lang, see you!

I put my phone away, smile still in place and as if on command, Laura barges in to my office.

"Alonaaa, babe, can we please go to lunch now? I'm starvingg." she says, lazily slumping onto the small couch at one side of the room.