Falling Deeply

By autumn_zea

bonus chapters of Kai and Nicolas from 'Falling for him' <3 More

Author's note
f i r s t s l e e p o v e r
l i k i n g h i m
d r u n k
f i r s t d a y
s i c k
j e a l o u s y
n e w f r i e n d s
l a z y s a t u r d a y
f i g h t
v a l e n t i n e' s d a y
b a d d a y
c a r n i v a l

s e v e n m i n u t e s i n h e a v e n

10K 373 211
By autumn_zea

in an alternate world where nicolas isn't so patient and good at concealing his feelings and kai isn't as oblivious and slow

"Let's play seven minutes in heaven! I don't wanna play truth or dare anymore." The petite girl next to Arthur exclaimed and Nicolas stiffened.

He did not want to play that game with a bunch of random drunk people during his seventeen birthday. Especially not with Kai sitting right next to him which meant that if the bottle landed on him then Nicolas would not be the one to go in that closet with him unless he decided to move places.

Which he didn't really want to do considering Kai's hand was tightly entwined with his, the sight hidden by the multiple bottles of alcohol and juice in front of them.

"I don't-" Before Nicolas could refuse Arthur cut him off, "oh yeah! Let's play that instead!"

Goddammit Arthur.

He heard Noelle scoff next to him and glare at Arthur and he was glad he wasn't the only one who was hating his friend at the moment. The idiot could barely keep his eyes open from how drunk he was but of course he would jump at the opportunity to make out with a random person in a dark closet.

"Nicolas." Kai whispered, squeezing Nic's hand to get his attention. "I don't wanna play."

"We don't have to play, you wanna go hide in my room for awhile?" Nicolas asked, jumping at the opportunity to leave these idiots and go do something more productive with his time, like cuddling his sweetheart.

Kai nodded and they made a move to stand up but Noelle gripped Nicolas's wrist and pulled him back to sit. "Don't leave me alone with them." She hissed at him and Nicolas was about to glare at her and tell her to fuck off when he saw the look in her eyes.

She looked hurt and scared and then Nicolas remembered exactly why Arthur was drunk to the point of almost passing out and why there was another girl sitting next to him.

They had another fight which led to Noelle in tears and Arthur storming off and giving her the silent treatment like the child he is. Nicolas didn't know what it was about since they both refused to tell him and ruin the "vibes" during his birthday.

But he knew the last thing Noelle wanted was to sit here and have to watch Arthur get excited over the concept of kissing others. And he could imagine how hurt she would be if it actually happened.

He sighed in resignation and turned to face Kai. "Do you wanna go first and I'll join you later?" Kai's eyes widened and then he immediately shook his head.

"If you're staying, so am I." He said and plopped back down on the floor.

"Thank you." Noelle whispered to him and Nicolas gave her a small smile of reassurance before turning to face the middle of the circle where the girl was getting ready to spin the bottle.

He felt his body sag in relief when it landed on one of his random classmates Arthur had invited and one of the girls from Noelle's group of friends .

They dutifully handed in their phones and walked towards the large closet in the guest room that Nicolas had let them in. While the two were doing god knows what the rest were just chatting and blasting music while continuing to take sips of their drinks.

Nicolas had chosen to stay sober alongside Kai since he didn't want his baby to feel left out not drinking. After the first incident of him drinking where he had blacked out the next morning and gotten sick he decided to never drink again and unlike everyone else who says that the morning after he actually stuck to his words.

Finally, the seven minutes were up and the two walked out of the closet, the guy with a huge grin on his face, his hair ruffled and a lipstick stain on his jaw. The girl was flushed and her lips were swollen and she wasn't meeting anyone's eyes. The people in the circle whooped and cheered for them as laughter broke out in the room but Nicolas only felt tension build in him.

He really did not want to play this game.

When they spun the bottle again he felt himself freeze. The bottle landed on Kai.

The bottle landed on Kai.

"Shit." He heard Kai mutter and then he looked up at the person across from kai and he groaned. It's one of Arthur's friends who's fucking annoying. Firstly he doesn't know the meaning of personal space and secondly he cannot keep his mouth shut, like ever.

"I don't want to play." Kai said and everyone booed making him recoil in himself and Nicolas felt his hand instantly turn clammy in his grip.

"Shut the fuck up." He told them with a glare but it didn't work as most of them kept laughing from how drunk they were and Nicolas felt a headache start to form. 

"Come on Kai, I won't bite." The guy, who Nicolas was pretty sure was called Derrick said with a smirk.

"Umm." Kai mumbled before sighing and letting go of Nicolas's hand and making a move to stand up.

"You don't have to Kai." Nicolas said with panic but Kai only gave him a shrug with a smile of defeat. "It's okay, I'll be fine."

And then before Nicolas could further protest they both disappeared in the closet.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Nicolas glared at the wall as his mind started immediately playing out the worse case scenarios.

-

"I'm surprised your boyfriend let you come in here with me." Is the first thing that left Derrick's mouth as soon as they both entered the closet.

"Boyfriend?" Kai wondered out loud as he started in front of him blankly, his eyes adjusting to the darkness ahead of him.

Thankfully the closet was pretty large so there was a good enough space between them and Kai let his back melt against the pile of extra clothes Nicolas kept in here. The closet smelled like Nicolas which instantly helped calm his nerves and when he gripped at one of the sweatshirts behind him and pulled it out to clutch it in his arm he was even more comforted.

"Nicolas. He looked ready to murder me." Derrick chuckled as he plopped on the floor.

"Nic is not my boyfriend." Kai laughed at the absurdity of it. "We're just best friends."

"Yeah sure." Derrick snickered. "I saw you guys hold hands. There's no need to lie, I won't judge you."

Kai felt himself flush at the fact that people could in fact see them holding hands but then again it was completely normal for best friends to hold hands. Nicolas and Kai have always held hands and it's always been like this so he didn't really see what the big deal was and why people always stared.

He just wishes people would leave them alone.

"Nicolas doesn't like me like that." Kai decided to say instead and then he heard Derrick burst out laughing.

"Holy shit, you're being serious." He finally said after he calmed down from his laughing fit and Kai had remained silent.

"Don't you see the way Nicolas looks at you." Derrick said and Kai felt his stomach squirm uncomfortably. He wants to leave. Now.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He muttered.

"Nicolas looks at you as if you hung the stars in the sky and you're the reason he's even breathing right now. That if you weren't here then there would be no point to anything." Derrick said and Kai just gaped at him as he processed the words.

"That- that sounds like a line straight from a romance movie." He settled on saying that as a response and Derrick huffed.

"Alright wanna test it out?" Derrick proposed and alarm bells started ringing in Kai's head.

"How?" He asked. He couldn't help but become curious now. Derrick was planting very very bad thoughts in his head and he knew he shouldn't let himself be influenced but he couldn't help it.

What if Nicolas did like him? What would he do? Does he want Nicolas to like him??

"Let's just pretend we were making out here." Derrick suggested.

"What??" Kai exclaimed and he immediately took a step back.

"We won't actually make out." Derrick hurried to reassure. "Just ruffle up your hair and bite your lip really hard until it looks somewhat swollen."

"I don't know...are you sure this is a good idea." Kai asked.

"What's the worst that could happen? Either Nicolas gets pissed off and proves my point and then you can explain to him later that we didn't do anything and you guys can start dating or he doesn't care and even then you can tell him nothing happened." Derrick said.

"...alright."

-

Nicolas had never felt more miserable in his seventeen years of living than he did during those seven minutes. Time has never gone as slow as it did then.

But finally the two came out.

"What the fuck." Noelle whispered next to him in shock and Nicolas felt his whole fucking heart shatter as he saw Kai's red and swollen lips and his flushed face as Derrick ran his hand through his already messy hair and smirked right at him.

Nicolas felt a lump grow in his throat as Kai hesitantly met his eyes and then looked away in mortification.

Did Kai...did Kai kiss him?

Nicolas felt the burn in his chest grow even hotter and he couldn't handle it anymore. He stood up and without another word or glance at anyone stormed out of the room.

Nicolas really didn't expect to feel so-so hurt. But the thought of someone else kissing Kai, holding him in their arms, running their hands through Kai's soft hair was more painful then he could ever imagine.

And to think Nicolas was only a few feet away.

Fuck.

He continued to walk down the hallway and reached his bedroom and was going to close his door to wallow in peace when he heard quick footsteps patter behind him.

"Nic-wait!"

He turned around and saw Kai running to catch up with him and he felt panic grow in him. What is he supposed to say now?

"I'm sorry- we didn't-I didn't kiss him." Kai said as soon as he was standing in front of Nicolas.

"You didn't?" Nicolas murmured and Kai shook his head wildly.

"He wanted to-umm prank everyone!" Kai said. "I swear I didn't kiss him."

"Okay." Nicolas breathed out as he felt his chest loosen up and his body relax.

"Okay?" Kai repeated.

"Yes, okay." Nicolas said as he met Kai's eyes. "I just came here to grab my hoodie. We can go back in a moment."

Nicolas turned around and was about to go grab said hoodie when Kai grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Does it not bother you?" Kai whispered and Nicolas stiffened.

"What do you mean?"

"Does the thought of me kissing someone not bother you?" Kai asked as he tried to meet Nicolas's eyes but Nicolas refused to make eye contact.

"Why would it bother me?" Nicolas asked with a chuckle.

"You always do this." Kai mumbled.

"Do what?"

"Refuse to look me in the eyes for longer than a few moments." Kai breathed out and Nicolas's eyes snapped to meet his in shock.

He didn't think Kai ever caught on to that.

"Why?" Kai asked as he took a step closer to Nicolas. "Do my eyes bother you? Is there something wrong with looking at me? Do you not want to look at me, Nicolas?"

"You know that isn't true Kai." Nicolas said, looking him straight in the eye. "And you don't want to know the answer to that question either so please drop it."

"I do want to know." Kai insisted and then Nicolas finally let go of any self control he ever had. He pushed Kai against the wall next to the door and stepped closer until there was only an inch of space left between them.

"Because looking in your eyes makes me want to look at your lips. And looking at your lips makes me want to do things no best friend should do." He confessed and Kai's eyes widened

"W-what things?" Kai softly asked.

"Kai..." Nicolas breathed out as he tried to read the look in Kai's eyes and then his eyes involuntarily went to Kai's parted lips. They were still red and swollen and now Nic figured that Kai had bit them to make him believe the stupid fucking lie Derrick had tried to portray.

Nicolas raised his hand and cupped Kai's jaw, his thumb rubbing his bottom lip and Kai took a sharp intake of breath at the contact.

"You have such pretty lips Kai." Nicolas whispered and Kai shifted on his feet. "N-Nic-what are you doing?"

"I'm just answering your questions Kai. You were curious were you not?" He prodded and Kai hesitantly nodded.

"Do you still want to know what kind of things I want to do to you?" Nicolas asked as his thumb slowly pushed past Kai's parted lips and entered his mouth.

Kai's eyes widened at the action but he didn't make a move to stop it and instead gave another nod of his head.

Nicolas grinned and removed his hand from Kai's jaw and instead grabbed the back of his head and with his other hand he gripped his hip and pulled him flush against him. "How about I just show you instead."

And then Nicolas kissed him.

Hello!

Thoughts?

I'm alive.

I'm very sorry for disappearing off the face of earth but I've been stuck in a huge writer's block and school has simply drained me. I'm trying my best to write again but it's a slow process >_<

Also this chapter is a bit rusty as I have not written nikai is so very long but i missed them :((

I hope you guys enjoyed this bonus. It's obviously an alternate universe but i thought it would be fun to write it.

I got the idea from @MyEyebrowsRShaved so thank you!!

-till next time <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

658K 32.8K 41
Liam Walsh, Nick Kavanagh, and Jeremy Sawyer only have one thing in common: They're seniors at St. Ignatius Academy, an all boys Catholic preparatory...
434K 11.8K 20
Theo finds not one but two men of his dreams when he accidentally falls for the Baumann twins. Not that it is hard to do with such hot guys, but gett...
92.6K 2K 45
A Nick and Charlie fan fiction. Charlie and Ben have been dating for 2 years and recently moved in together. When Ben forgets to pick Charlie up from...
35.3K 1.6K 23
Two boys fall in love by the water.