Jurassic World: The Final Cha...

By CariadRose

This is a fan theroy. I will be basing this story around Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler and how i feel their s... More

Prologue (2001)
Here Goes Nothing
Present Day
Catching Up
Department of Prehistoric Wildlife
Truth
Early Hours
Malcolm
BioSyn
Escape

Costa Rica

66 2 0
By CariadRose

Taking a step outside the hospital in Costa Rica Alan remembered back to the first time he was here back in 1993 after the incident in Jurassic Park.

"Alan?"

Alan woke to Ellie standing next to him.

"Ellie, are the kids ok?"

Alan's eyes opened wide, standing up he looked at Ellie.

"The kids are fine, Lex is with Tim and he is asking to see you, shall we?"

Ellie took Alan's hand.

The touch of her hand sent a feeling of calmness as he entered Tim's room.

"Well, if it isn't big Tim, the human piece of toast. How are you holding up kid?"

Alan was relieved to see Tim sitting up smiling as he entered the room.

"Alan! I'm good be better if Lex would stop fussing me"

Tim said with an annoyed eye, suddenly he looked sad.

"What's the matter Tim?" Ellie placed her hand on Tim's arm

Tim just looked at Alan. Alan stepped forward and sat beside Tim.

"Now, what's this all about? I'm not leaving till I see you smile again"

Alan had surprised himself, he always thought he wasn't cut out for kids, until he met Lex and Tim. Tim especially. Alan had grown really fond of him.

"Your book, I lost your book when the Rex attacked us"

Tim looked down as if he wanted to cry.

"Well now I think I might be able to help you there. If you promise to smile for me"

Alan smiled as he pulled a book out from his pocket.

"Your book!" Tim smiled in delight as he held the book in his hands.

"Yeah, I went for a walk after the doctors had seen me and Ellie, we found a book shop in town, I noticed my book and I knew you didn't have your copy so I brought you this"

Alan handed the book to Tim.

"Lex this is for you, to replace the one you lost"

Alan handed her a baseball cap. Lex looked in surprise and hugged him tightly.

"Do you have to go Alan?"

Lex wiped a tear away as she hugged Ellie

"Hey now dry those tears, I have to get back to Montana, We both do, but Tim,"

Alan nodded to the book. Tim opened the book and it was Alan and Ellie's contact details written inside. Their faces light up.

"Really? We can visit and write to you?"

Lex and Tim smiled at Alan and Ellie.

"As long as you promise me you will stay in touch your welcome anytime"

Alan lent over and hugged Tim goodbye before turning to Lex

"Lex, look after your brother for me? And your Grandpa too, he will need you both after this"

Alan hugged Lex and she nodded to him.

Ellie then said her goodbyes to the children before leaving with Alan.

Once outside Alan smiled and took Ellie's hand as John Hammond walked around the corner.

"Leaving so soon?"

The look on his face was a mix of grief and pain.

"Yes, Mr. Hammond we need to get back" Alan face was slightly stren still

"I'm sorry for everything Mr. Hammond, but Alan is right we do need to make plans for getting home to Montana"

Ellie placed a caring hand on Hammonds arm trying her best to comfort him. Alan smiled, he never realised how Ellie always knew what to say and do, he never did, he thought himself socially awkward and sometimes he did wonder what Ellie saw behind his stubborn nature.

"Yes I understand, I hope you accept my apologies and forgive this old fool, I know the mistakes I have made and I know I will pay for my mistakes the rest of my lifetime. Rest assured I will continue to fully fund your digsite but I won't be doing it for 3 years. I will fund it for 5 years. After everything you both have been through thanks to me it's the leased I can do."

John had a small ray of hope that his gesture would be accepted and he could walk away at peace.

Alan cleared his throat to speak

"Thank you for that Mr. Hammond we will accept your funding. We are both grateful to you. But please, what happened was not entirely your fault. Just promise you won't build anymore island resorts for while"

Alan smiled and reached out his hand to shake Hammonds.

Ellie beamed at Alan she had seen a side of him she never thought she would see. The man she loved had softened in more ways than one the island had changed him.

"Thank you both of you, please have a safe journey home"

And with that Hammond passed the pair and entered the room where Tim and Lex were.

"Where do you think you're going, Dr. Grant?"

Alan turned he knew Ellie only called him Dr. Grant if he was about to get into trouble. He turned confused looking at her smiling with eyebrows raised and her arms folded.

"We still have one more goodbye to make. Come on honey."

Alan rolled his eyes and he knew who was last.

"Ian?"

Ellie opened the door and looked in.

"Well Dr. Sattler aren't I the lucky patient?"

Alan cleared his throat and entered behind Ellie

"Ellie and I wanted to say goodbye before we left"

Alan was clearly uncomfortable and annoyed. Even in a hospital bed he was still trying to charm everyone.

"Oh, Dr. Grant, thank you. Dr. Sattler, thank you for everything I owe you my life."

Ian said sitting upright.

"You don't owe me anything Ian, I'm glad your ok"

Ellie smiled at Ian before standing next to Alan.

"Dr. Sattler, would you mind leaving me and Dr. Grant for a second I would like to share a moment with him"

Alan panicked here was a man he didn't overly understand and now he was being left alone with him.

"Sure, I'll wait outside"

Ellie gently squeezed Alan's arm to reassure him before saying her last goodbye and leaving the room.

There was an awkward silence before Ian spoke.

"Listen Dr. Grant I want to apologise for my behaviour towards Dr. Sattler, I just wanted you to know how lucky you are, it's not everyday a man can say he has the perfect woman. Your a lucky man Dr. Grant, don't let her out of your sight!"

Alan smiled and took Ian's hand to shake.

"Thank you, apology accepted just eyes front the next time we meet."

"You have my word Dr. Grant"

They shake hands and part ways. Alan leaves the room and turns to Ellie.

"Can we go home now?"

"Yes we can"

Hand in hand the pair leave the hospital before Alan stops Ellie. Ellie turns to Alan.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, I just, Ellie I don't know what I would have done if anything had happened to you, I love you, I know I'm a jerk, I'm stubborn, but I do love you, I just needed to say that before we took another step."

Ellie smiled as she walked close to Alan and kissed him.

"Yes you are. But you're my stubborn jerk and I love you too."

Alan suddenly came too at the sound of a siren passing by. He paused on the step and gathered himself. He knew what he needed to do but he also knew in some ways it would change nothing. He shook his head, he was never one to be beaten, he was determined he wasn't going to make any more mistakes. He took a breath and walked up to a taxi parked outside.

"Where to Senoire?"

"Take me to town please"

Alan fastened his seat belt ready for his next step.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 162 15
Rose Grant is eldset child of Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler. On her 11th birthday her dad takes her along to his dig site for the first time. Upon a m...
569K 16.5K 95
Owen Grady / Jurassic World Fanfiction. * English isn't my native language, sorry for missspellings. I don't own any of the characters except for Cai...
791K 35.5K 40
(Editing incomplete) Jurassic Park went down in history as a disastrous failure, an idea with good intentions that went horribly awry. For Dr Alan Gr...
116K 2.5K 25
Ellie Grant, daughter of Dr. Alan Grant, works at Jurassic World. Being one of the top geneticists of her generation, she creates dinosaurs for Juras...