Something to Live For- The Wa...

By thewalkingcourtney

My name is Amelia. I was only 18 when the virus broke out. When the flesh eating monsters plagued the Earth... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Town Riot
Chapter 2 - Reunion
Chapter 3 - Daryl Dixon
Chapter 5 - The Gift of Life and Death
Chapter 6 - Baby Run
Chapter 7 - Boyfriend, Bestfriend
Chapter 8 - Fight Love Sleep
Chapter 9 - Gone
Chapter 10 - Live Life, Kill Walkers
Chapter 11 - Daryl's Childhood
Chapter 12 - The Return
Chapter 13 - Birthday Wishes
Chapter 14 - Armless
Chapter 15 - Walking Dixons
Chapter 16 - Two Timer
Chapter 17 - Regrets
Chapter 18 - The Truth
Chapter 19 - Rehab
Chapter 20 - Andrea
Chapter 21 - I Can't
Chapter 22 - Faith
Chapter 23 - Wheres Carl?
Chapter 24 - Family Photos
Chapter 25 - The Psychopath
Chapter 26 - Stuck In The Middle
Chapter 27- A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 28 - The Book
Chapter 29 - The News
Chapter 30 - Final Goodbyes
SEQUEL !!

Chapter 4 - Hunting

6K 147 1
By thewalkingcourtney

I picked up my bow and sheath of arrows. I really wanted to go hunting.

I hopped down from my bunk and walked outside the prison from the hole in the fence.

There was a nice pudgy squirrel sitting on a tree branch eating an acorn. I loaded my bow, trying to be as quiet as possible. I aimed at its head.

This had to be perfect.

Just as I was about to let go of my arrow, another arrow shot past my head and hit the squirrel dead in the eye. I whipped my head around to see Daryl with his crossbow.

"What're ya doin Am? He asked. I cringed at the nickname. Shane used to call me that.

"Hunting." I replied simply.

"Looks like you got a new huntin partner." He said as he walked passed me. He collected his arrow from his game and shoved the squirrel inside his pack.

Oh joy.

"How 'bout a huntin' contest?" Daryl suggested.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like, who ever kills the most animals in 20 minutes wins." He replied.

"Well what would I get if I won?" I asked.

He paused before speaking.

"Nothin'" he smirked. "You get the privilege of being my huntin' partner. Win or lose."

"You're on." I said. "What do we kill? Any specific animal?"

"Squirrels." He said. "Just squirrels."

"Alright." I got my bow and arrows ready. "On three?"

Daryl nodded.

"One..... Two..... Three!" I yelled.

We both sprinted into the wilderness.

I stopped running and looked at my surroundings. All trees. The perfect place for squirrels to live.

I turned to my right to see 2 squirrels lined up on a tree branch. I walked into a better position.

I pulled an arrow out of my sheath. I would only need one.

I was lined up to where one squirrel was behind the other. I pulled back on my bow and let the arrow fly.

It went cleanly through both of the squirrels heads.

Jackpot!

When I collected my game, I started walking again.

Nature was really beautiful. I had lived in the city with Shane after my parents died, so I never got to see nature much

Oh squirrels. Where are you?

Just then, I saw a squirrel digging in the dirt. I shot it and moved on.

I sat down in the grass and leaned my back against a tree. I really enjoyed just sitting here.

3 squirrels. I thought. I wonder how many Daryl has killed...

I heard leaves rustle and I turned immediately. It was just another squirrel. I pulled an arrow out of my sheath and loaded my bow.

I pulled back on my bow. Just as my arrow went flying, I heard hundreds of twigs crack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.6K 28 16
When the world ends, there will be no warning. Whether or not you believe in God, or if you don't, it will come in with a crash of biblical proportio...
1.7K 39 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3
8K 190 11
❝ 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦? 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦? ❞ ѕнє ℓσѕт нєя мιη∂. нє ℓσѕт нιмѕєℓƒ. oc x carl grimes season 5...
16.5K 484 30
Ellie lived a life of luxury before the apocalypse. Her family dying has made her strong enough to survive in this new world. But when she meets a ne...