𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂-𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐍...

By Doom_Vietnam_Slayer

A group of four different North-American Spec-ops are teleported to Remnant after their deaths. A Private Fir... More

Character bios. (UPDATED... AGAIN)
OP. 0: PROLOGUE
OP. 1: AW SHIT, HERE WE GO AGAIN...
OP. 2: THE MEETING
OP. 3: ALLOW US TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES
OP. 4: H.A.L.O.
OP. 4.5: ATTRITION
OP. 5: LIVE FIRE
OP. 6: RIDIN'
OP. 7: BEDTIME STORIES (9,77K reads special)
OP. 8: BACK TO HIGH-SCHOOL
OP. 10: GOING SHOPPING
OP. 11: CARS THAT GO BOOM

OP. 9: TAKING NOTES

644 14 6
By Doom_Vietnam_Slayer

Beacon Academy. Professor Port's Classroom.
3rd Person POV.

It was early in the morning still, the Americans had just dealt with the problem back at the cafeteria. After some small talk with Team RWBY, they all decided to head to class and start the day.
As soon as they walked in, they noticed how empty the classroom was, with only two teams, three if you count them, present in the classroom.

One was Team CRDL, whom all flinched the moment they saw the behemoth and his friends entering the class. They also saw another Team that they didn't recognize.
It was two males and two females. There was a blond, long-haired guy who seemed pretty uncomfortable, but now that the newcomers arrived he seemed... Better. Was team CRDL feasting on another victim? They didn't know, since they didn't even pay too much attention.

There was also a black, long-haired asian-looking man, whom had a stoic look in his face, but his eyes told something different. They looked tired, almost depressed, even when he had the hyperactive ginger-haired female crawling all over him nonstop. She seemed quite happy and smiley, unlike him. But apparently, he didn't seem to mind her at all, as if this was a normal thing for him.

However, the fourth one, a red-haired female, seemed a bit... Odd. And that's when David recognized her as the girl who was on the bag of cereals he ate before. So she was an actual person and not a fictitional character. What a suprise.
However, he decided to remain silent. He wasn't a fan of her, but he thought that she may already have a lot of people running behind her, so he decided to give her some space.

Donovan: "Team Bravo India Tango Charlie Hotel on our six, 10 meters or so."
-The Marine wispered as he and his teammates took their seats in front of team CRDL, a bit further from them.

David: "Heheh, I see what you did there."
-The other Marine chuckled in response as he realized that his buddy spelled "Bitch" in military alphabet, reffering to the students behind them. The rest chuckled too as they began to talk a bit.
As they did so, more students entered the class, filling it up after a couple of minutes... Except for four seats right next to the operators.

Soon enough, the class was full, and the teacher finally arrived too. He was a man around his 50's or 60's, since his hair was already white.
He also had an exaggeratedly huge mustache, which covered his lips almost completely. His eyebrows were also incredibly thick.
That was none other than Professor Peter Port.

Port: "Good morning, class."
-The teacher said as he made his way into the class, being responded by the class replying "Good morning, Professor Port"... Except for The Unit, whon didn't know his name until the whole class made it clear for them.
Just when the class finally quieted down and he was about to begin explaining today's subject, the classroom's door suddenly blasted open, with Team RWBY on the other side.

Ruby: "Sorry we're late!"
-Team RWBY's leader apologized, looking embarassed since the entire class was looking at them. Eventually, they all sat down on the only free spots on the class, right next to The Unit's desk.
After that, Professor Port finally began to talk.

Port: "Monsters, demons, Prowlers of the Night! Yes, the Creatures of Grimm have many, many names." -the teacher said. So his class was about studing Grimms. The Unit thought that it was great, since knowing about their enemies tactics and weakpoints could potentionally help them in battle.- "But I reffer to them as prey! Hahah!"
-The teacher joked, with obviusly nobody laughing at his mediocre attempt of a pun.

Christian: "Booo."
-The Ranger said, not being heard by anyone since he almost wispered it. But it was clear that no one seemed to like the joke, so the teacher immediately tried to compose himself again and continue explaining.

Port: "Uhh... And you shall too, upon graduating this prestigious academy! As I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe heavens on an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely filled with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces!"
-The Professor said, as he walked near the front desks, where Team RWBY and The Unit were seated.

David: "Found that out yesterday..."
-The sniper said as he scratched the bandage he still had, earing a slap from the Ranger, as if he told him "don't fucking touch that."

Port: "And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! And Huntresses~" -he said as he looked down at Yang, winking at her, which earned some looks of disgust from The Unit, whom weren't noticed.- "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what, you ask? Well, the very world!"
-The teacher shouted, raising his hand, only being followed by another student, who instantly placed his hand down upon noticing the stupidity he made.

Alex: "Ugh, this is the Army all over again..."
-The leader complained, having his notebook with nothing written on it, since Port didn't actually say anything about Grimms, other than that they are very dangerous, but nothing that could help them in combat.

Port: "That is what you are training to become! But first, a story." -he said. Seriously? A story? It better have something to do with Grimms.- "A tale of a young, handsome man. Me! When I was younger..."

Donovan: "Imma fuckin loose it..."
-The tall Marine said as the entire team put away their pens and notebooks while Port kept talking, knowing that this was just some boring class with a teacher that should... Well, teach, instead of spitting fairy tales about himself.

Port: "Despite the smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man! 'Peter' he told me-"

Christian: "Sir, with all due respect, what the hell does this have to do with Grimm studies?"
-The Ranger asked as he stepped up, seemingly irritaded by the fact that all the "Grimm studies" topic just went out the window. The leader decided to stand up too and try to fix Christian's fuck up.

Alex: "What PFC Benavidez meant, sir, is that we should try and focus more on the Grimm subject instead of personal stories."
-The operator replied, sounding way more educated and composed than his companion. Which didn't mean he disagreed with him, it's just that his presentation needed more work.

Port: "O-oh, yes, certainly..." -he replied, seemingly embarassed that he once again went off-topic with his tales instead of teaching class.- "Well, the moral of the story is: a true Huntsman must be honorable! Dependable! Strategic, well-educated and wise! Who among us belives to be the embodiment of these traits?"

Weiss/Christian: "I do!"
-Both shouted in unison, looking at each other after they did, suprised that they actually spoke at the same time.

Port: "Well then! Let's find out! Step foward and face your oponents."
-The teacher said as he pointed at a pair of cages he had inside the classroom, that were now begining to shake as two pairs of bloodshot eyes began to peek from the dark.

They would face them in order, with Christian begining the fight since Port actually wanted to see him fight in person and not on a screen, like he did yesterday. After a couple of minutes, the Ranger finally came back, since he went to grab something he might need.
His M4A1, with his M9 Bayonet attached to the bottom of the barrel. He only brought a spare magazine, just in case. He didn't need more than 60 rounds for a single enemy.

Port: "Let the match begin!"
-The professor shouted as he broke the cage's lock with his Blowhard, a blunderbuss... With an axe as a stock? That didn't seem like a good idea.
However, Christian didn't have time to process that because out of the cage came a Boarbatusk charging directly at him.
After that, he took aim with his carbine and put it in semi-auto.

*BA-BA-BAM!*

He fired three rounds onto the upcoming threat, but it didn't seem to do much... Or rather anything at all. So, upon noticing that simply shooting the Grimm would be useless, he simply took a dive to his right, forcing the beast to run past him.
As the Ranger rolled to his side and got up to a crouched position, he took aim once again and fired three more shots to the beast's side.

Apparently that hurt it a bit more, but it wasn't enough since it charged at him again.
The Ranger cursed as he switched the rifle to full auto before getting up and literally jumping over the beast, dodging the attack.
The entire class watched as the soldier literally jumped over an upcoming Boarbatusk like it was nothing.

Port: "Wow, seems like we have an agile one!"
-The teacher shouted as he witnessed the stunt that the Ranger pulled right in front of them.

Christian: "Without all the weight I normally carry, I'm a fucking speed demon!"
-He said as he took aim at the beast again, firing a long burst towards it.

*BRATATATATA!*

It hurt it too, but it didn't kill it. However, at this point Christian already memorized the beast's attack patterns, which the simplest ones so far. The Boarbatusk attacks by charging at its prey at high speeds, but its limited to only running in a straight line.
However, he didn't know that they could do the same thing... But rolling at even higher speeds.

The Ranger watched as the Grimm jumped and began to flip mid-air, but once it reached the ground, it began to spin at such high speeds he could barely tell where its head was. But, upon noticing how it rolled directly at him sonic-style, he immediately rolled to his left, dodging it once again, missing it by inches.
After the Grimm missed the Ranger, it crashed into The Unit's desk, whom scrambled once they saw the threat too.

David: "Fuck me that was close!"
-The sniper shouted as he saw the beast laying down ot its side, with its belly facing the Ranger.
That's when it hit him. Once he saw the exposed belly, with no armor in it, he charged straight towards it with his carbine.
The soldier screamed as he did a bayonet charge at the Boarbatusk, stabbing its belly before it could get up. The monster roared in pain, but it was soon put out of its misery by Christian.

*Shunk!*

*ROAAAR-!*

*BRATATATATATATATA!*

After stabbing the beast, he fired another long burst at point-blank range, right into its weak spot, killing it instantly.
After the beast turned into dust, he reloaded his carbine with a new magazine, keeping the half-spent one he used in his cargo pockets.

Port: "Splendid! It appears we have a fierce one between us too."
-The teacher said while clapping at Christian's performance, whom bowed down as the rest of the class clapped too, recieving cheers from his buddies.

Donovan: "Bayonet charge, mothafucka!"
-The Marine said as he patted the Ranger on his back. Bayonet charges were like a symbol for the US Military, specially Marines. They wished they had weapons where they could attach their knives to though.

Port: "Now, Miss Schnee. Face your oponent."
-The professor said, calling for Weiss, whom stepped into the arena right after Christian took his seat once again.
It was another Boarbatusk, but she will face it with her rapier, not a firearm, like the Ranger did. As soon as the beast was freed, it charged directly at Weiss, whom dodged it as she landed a hit on the beast's armor, doing practically nothing to it.

Ruby: "Hang in there, Weiss!"
-Team RWBY's leader cheered for her teamate. She knew she could do it.
Unfortunately, she didn't take it too well...

Weiss: "Ruby, I'm trying to focus!"
-The heiress replied as she charged at the beast with her rapier head-on... Unfortunately, it's armor deflected the hit, and her weapon was now stuck between the beast's horns.
She was trying her best to get it out, but it was no use.

Ruby: "Come on Weiss, show him who's boss!"
-The leader cheered once again. Unfortunately her teamate didn't take it too well... Again. She managed to get her rapier out, but the fact that she went to reply to her leader got her smacked in the face by the Grimm, making her lose her grip on her weapon, which went flying to the other side of the room.
She had it comming, instead of focusing on the fight, she turned her head away from the fight to talk back to Ruby.

Port: "Oh no! What will you do without your weapon?"
-Port said before Weiss got up, doding another attack by the beast by rolling to the side, pretty much like how Christian did it. After that, she ran straigh to her weapon, sliding down on the floor and grabbing it.
Christian was looking at her, confused. Why didn't she go to the beast's belly? Where there was no armor. She also saw him shooting bullets at the beast, which literally did nothing to it.
Why did she think her rapier would work?

Ruby: "Go for his belly! There's no armor!"
-Now there was someone smart. Apparently Ruby watched the Ranger's performance and took notes of his strategy.

Weiss: "Stop telling me what to do!"
-The heiress shouted back at her leader, with anger on her voice. The Unit looked at her with confused looks. What was that for? She was literally cheering for her and now helping her, and she straight-up reacts like that?

After that the heiress noticed the beast was about to do the same spinning charge the other one did against Christian. This one, instead of dodging it, was stopped by her dead on its tracks, thanks to a glyph she formed in front of her, where the beast crashed.
The impact was so strong it sent the Grimm flying across the room. As it did this, Weiss dashed straigh towards it and stabbed it in its belly as soon as it landed, killing it.

Port: "Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are truly under de precense of two great Huntsmen in training!" -he cheered as he looked at Weiss and Christian, who was having his doubts about the heiress aproach on the fight and towards her leader's.- "I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Stay vigilant! Class dismissed"
-The teacher said before the entire class got up and began to leave.

???: "Sheesh, what's with her?"
-The blond man that The Unit saw before finally spoke, looking down at Weiss, whom seemed irritaded by what had happened. He was responded by the Ranger, whom simply shrugged as he also looked at the heiress leave.

Donovan: "Come on, next class is soon."
-The Marine said as he grabbed his belongings, being followed by the rest of the team. However, their leader decided to take a different approach.

Alex: "You guys go, I gotta do something."
-The operator said as he got out and went towards where Ruby and Weiss were headed. The rest of his team obeyed and went to the other direction.
After a moment or so, he found them arguing. Weiss was obviusly unhappy with Ruby being the leader, saying that she acted like a child back when they did their initiation, that she was a nuinsance.

Her arrogance was apparent, but was soon clear when she finally told her that she deserved better and had to be the leader, just for the fact that she studies and trains, and that Ozpin made a mistake.
Now that bothered him. She reminded him of the stupid superiors he had when he was back in the Army. Arrogant, selfish, medal-chugging pricks.
He was about to interviene when Ruby turned around, a bit suprised since she didn't expect to find him behind her.

Ruby: "O-oh."
-She said, a bit embarassed that Alex may have heard the entire thing, which he did. He looked down at her with pity, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Alex: "Well, that didn't turn out too good."
-He said, looking at Ruby as he put his and away. Then she looked up at him and asked a question that actually broke his heart.

Ruby: "Is she right? Did Ozpin made a mistake?"
-She asked, looking up at him with a bit of sadness on her eyes. He stood there, silent, for a couple of seconds before he sighed.

Alex: "Ruby. There's an old military saying I know: 'You treat your men like they're your own beloved sons, and they'll follow you into the deepest valley.' Leadership is not only about training and studying, it's about trust. Do you trust your teamates?"

Ruby: "Yes I do!"
-She replied. How could she not? One of them was actually her sister. Even if she didn't know a lot about the other two, after seeing how they fought, she was sure that she could trust them.

Alex: "But do they trust you?" -he asked. She was about to respond, but she was left speechless righ in front of him. She looked down in sadness, but eventually looked up at Alex again, whom placed both of his hands on her shoulders.- "Hey hey, don't be sad. You may not know they trust you, but you can still earn their trust. And how do you do that? By knowing them.
They're your teamates, so that means they're your friends too. Get to know them, talk to them. You won't regret it.
Hell, look at me. I didn't know those three knuckleheads until two days ago, and now we look like we're childhood friends."

Ruby: "Hehe, okay." -she giggled a little bit, looking up at the operator. Then, after a second, she hugged him, catching him off-guard.- "Thank you, Alex."

Alex: "No need too."
-He replied with a smile, hugging her back. He felt good that he cheered her up. He never though he would give advice to a kid about being a leader, but he just did.
After that, they eventually said their goodbyes and went to their specific classes, since they still had a long day foward.

TO BE CONTINUED...

≻─── ⋆✩⋆ ───≺≻─── ⋆✩⋆ ───≺
OH BOI, 3083 WORDS!
My new writting style is surely fucking tedious...
I was expecting to add more stuff, but it was just too long. I began writting this at 16:00 or something and it's almost 18:00. AND 1/3 WAS WRITTEN FROM DAYS AGO.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And as always, have a nice day!

Doom_Vietnam_Slayer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 2.3K 27
What happend when a American,a German Soldier, a Russian Soldier and a Japanese Soldier teleport to the world of remnant will the four work together...
86.8K 1.4K 35
What would happen if Team JNPR discover a mysterious ancient 'ruin' during the mission, which contained a portal, and Jaune gets sucked into the port...
66K 1.6K 26
When the infected destroyed the world all hope was lost. Y/N lost everything and everyone he loved and cared about in his world. Believing he the onl...
1.6K 46 24
Things were starting to get out hand in the World of Remnant. Creatures of Grimm attack closer to the borders of the kingdoms, people start to go mis...