He who defy Gods (Arifureta X...

By Sora_Flashing12

Sora Yatagami was a completely average human, and possessed a strong-willed, kind-hearted, humble and generou... More

Prologue Pt 1 Summoning
Prologue Pt2 Another World
Prologue Pt3 Pits of Hell
Chapter 1 The Vampire Queen
Chapter 2 Azure Plant
Chapter 3 The Final Guardian
Chapter 4 Spirit Awakening
Chapter 5 The Haulia's
Chapter 6 Vergeben
Chapter 7 Haulia's Training
Chapter 8 Pit Stop
Chapter 9 Raisen Great Labyrinth
Chapter 10 Miledi Reisen
Chapter 11 Request
Chapter 12 Reunion
Chapter 13 Dragon Slayer
Chapter 14 The Goddess's Sword
Chapter 15 The Enemy
Chapter 17 A Looming Shadow
Chapter 18 Overwhelming Force
Chapter 19 The Best at being the Worst
Season 1 Finale Chapter 20 Departure
Sora's Girls
(Season 2) Prologue: To You, My Precious Person
(Season 2) He who defy Gods Op
(Season 2) Chapter 1 The Dukedom of Ankaji
(Season 2) Chapter 2 The Bottom of the Oasis
(Season 2) Chapter 3 The Grand Gruen Volcano
(Season 2) Chapter 4 Black and White
(Season 2) Chapter 5 Erisen
(Season 2) Chapter 6 Sunken Ruin of Melusine
(Season 2) Chapter 7 A Miraculous Meeting
(Season 2) Chapter 8 The Phantasmagorical Adventure
(Season 2) Chapter 9 A New Vow
(Season 2) Chapter 10 A Disturbing Darkness
(Season 2) Chapter 11 Invasion of The Capital
(Season 2) Chapter 12 God's Apostle
(Season 2) Chapter 13 Betrayal
(Season 2) Chapter 14 A Fierce Battle
(Season 2) Chapter 15 Trust in Me
(Season 2) Chapter 16 Aftermath
(Season 2) Chapter 17 The Events of a Single Day Pt 1
(Season 2 Finale) Chapter 18 The Events of a Single Day Pt 2
He who defy Gods Sora Bio
(Season 3) Prologue: Dreamland to Tomorrow

Chapter 16 Myu

5K 116 97
By Sora_Flashing12

No one's POV

Sora: Hey, since we finally have a chance, will you please tell me why you are calling me your King? And who is this Dragon King?

Tio:...

Everyone all look at Tio wanting answers as well.

Tio: Very well. Let me tell you the story of the Dragon King and why his name was forgotten.

Everyone all silently wait for the story that Tio was about to tell them, about the legendary Dragon King.

Tio: Though, I'm surprise, that you who is his reincarnation wouldn't know who you are, My King?

Sora: I think your mistaking me for someone else. I don't know anything about this Dragon King.

Tio: But only the Dragon King can uses Spirit Art. Or to be more precise, Universal Spirit Art. None of the Dragonman race are able to use all element of Spirit Art. But, you who is a human could.

Sora: That still doesn't explain why you think I'm this so called Dragon King.

Yue: If I recall, the Vampire race and the Dragonman race were told of the Dragon King Heroic Legend. But that is nothing more than a story.

Sora: What kind of legend is it?

Tio: Let me see. If I recall correctly...

Tio began to relay the story.

Once upon a time, over a thousand years ago, evil beings ran rampant all over the land, threatening the livelihood of the people. They devastated the land, leaving a huge trail of death and despair in their wake. That was when the hero, who the people would later call Dragon King, appeared.

The Dragon King was a Dragonman, he was a strong, kind, and exceptional person. He was able to single- handedly take on and defeat the evil beings that the people of the time were helpless against. He shared his food with anyone on the brink of starving to death, and would heal anyone's severe injuries in the blink of an eye.

It was said that he also taught spirit arts to the people, back when there were barely any users at all.

People from all over flocked to these lands to rely on the Dragon King. They placed him on a pedestal as their hero, and it was only a matter of time before a new kingdom was established around them.

However, the Dragon King was only one man, and there was a limit to what he could do alone.

No matter how many evil beings he defeated, they continued to spawn out of nowhere. At the same time, surges of poverty-stricken citizens that had heard the rumors came calling, seeking his salvation. Despite this, Dragon King continued fighting without rest, and continued to act as a savior without respite. He continued saving without rest. Because he was so strong and so kind, he alone remained the perfect hero for the people.

No matter how much he suffered, Dragon King maintained the image of a completely flawless hero... until a time where there were mass casualties.

One day, Dragon King declared that he had learned the truth about the world. About the Evil God known as Ehit. He was also scouted by a certain girl who called herself Liberators.

Sora(mind): Miledi... So she know the truth this whole time?

He immediately accept the offer of joining the Liberators and ask if anyone would come along with him on his journey, but no one else was capable of standing and fighting alongside him. So, accompanied by only one travel companion, Dragon King departed for to fight against the tyranny of the Evil God, leaving the people behind to wait for his return.

That was when tragedy occurred.

While Dragon King was away, hordes of evil beings ambushed the humans in full force. Those that faced the evil beings did so with their armies, but without Dragon King fighting alongside them, their death toll only continued to climb higher and higher. By the time Dragon King had returned, the lands were thoroughly ravaged by the war that had broken out in his absence.

Dragon King used his mighty strength to annihilate the advancing evil beings in an instant, but once the war was over, someone spoke up.

Citizens 1: Why?

Citizens 2: Why didn't you come to save us sooner?

Citizens 3: Why did you leave us here to die?

Although Dragon King apologized for his late arrival, someone else insisted:

Citizens 1: The dead won't return. The dead won't rest in peace just because you apologized. Of course, it's not like we haven't had any casualties until now...

However, there had never been a single battle that brought about as many deaths as this one, and the people's expectations had been betrayed. The discontent that had built up during the war amongst the people grew as a collective mass, and exploded all at once.

While there were some within that mass that tried to calm the others, there was no way for the voice of the few to reach through to the rioting mob. Dragon King did not fulfill his duty as a hero — the people saw him guilty of that sin — but he bowed his head before them and accepted their criticisms at face value.

As a result, Dragon King declared himself unfit for the title of king, and renounced himself from the throne.

Life continued peacefully henceforth, with no further attacks from the evil beings. Once an extended period of time had passed with no conflicts, the people finally realized that Dragon King had fought the origins of the evil beings, precisely as he said he would.

Thus, the people started pondering out loud in recollection. Where might Dragon King be at this moment? They wondered, but by that point, Dragon King had already disappeared from the land. Some would say he continued his journey with his fellow Liberators.

Dragon King: The threat of Ehit attacking this land has diminished, but he still exist. I must eliminate him before he goes to far.

He had told a select few people before leaving the kingdom.

The king publicly announced the truth to the people: an admission that they had committed an unforgivable crime in driving Dragon King away, which prompted the people to reflect.

After time had passed, the people from the Vampire Race and Dragonman race would speak of the legends of Dragon King, passing his stories down from one generation to the next. They acknowledged their faults, and prayed that one day, their hero would return.

Sora:...

Once Tio had finished her story, she let out a small sigh.

Tio: I do not know if you truly are the reincarnation of our King. However, I believe the story is one that should be passed on. There is much that can be learned from it.

Sora: I see...

Tio: So that's why, I'm going to be going along with you, My King, along with Master on your journey.

(Timeskip)

After another hour of driving, they finally reached Fuhren. But they abruptly stopped a few feet away from the gate outside of Fuhren due to many carriages trying to enter as well.

Hajime: We're barely moving.

Yue: It wasn't like this the last time we were here.

Hajime and Yue stepped out of the car, heedless of the fear and confusion they'd caused. Sora, Aishia, Shea and Tio followed after, with Will Cudeta coming out last. Will's expression seemed somewhat stiff.

Will: Bad timing on our part it seems. When a huge caravan comes to Fuhren, you end up waiting in line for inspection.

Shea: Hajime, Sora, are we going to be fine like this?

Sora: What do you mean?

Shea: This vehicle stands out a lot. Even though up until now, we've been trying to avoid attention.

Sora: It's a bit late for that now. We broadcast them to a whole village already. I guarantee you everywhere but the sticks will have heard of us in a week. Besides, I expected this day would come eventually. Though, I was hoping it wouldn't happen so soon.

Hajime: Yeah. No need for caution now.

Hajime shrugged his shoulders. Until recently, the two of them had been willing to suffer a little inconvenience if it saved them trouble down the line. However, after the battle at Ur, he had no doubt tales of his wondrous artifacts would spread throughout the kingdom in no time. Since their cover had already been blown, there was no reason for them to hide their abilities or equipment anymore.

Shea: Hmm, I guess you're right. There's no stopping the Holy Church or Heiligh from pressuring us now. I just wonder if Aiko and Ilwa will be willing to help us...

Sora: Well, the thing with Sensei and Ilwa was just extra insurance. It'd be nice if it pans out, but there's no big loss if it doesn't. From the start, I was ready to fight the entire world if it came down to it. We'll mow down anything in our way. That's all there is to it, Shea. You don't have to go around pretending to be my slave now, either. You can take the collar off if you want.

They really had just been extra countermeasures. Sora wasn't too concerned with whether or not they'd really end up helping him when it came down to it.

Sora gently rapped on Shea's fake slave collar as he spoke. Shea was strong enough to beat down anyone who tried to mess with her, so there was no reason not to let her walk around as their equal anymore. To Sora's surprise though, Shea gently touched her collar and shook her head.

Shea: I'd like to keep it as it is. It's the first thing I ever got from you... and it's proof that I belong to you. I actually grew to like it.

A faint blush spread up her cheeks. Her bunny ears were twitching in embarrassment too. Even Sora had to admit the way she looked down shyly was cute. Many of the men standing close enough to hear their conversation had already been overcome with nosebleeds.

Sora: I see. Gotta at least make it look nicer, though.

Shea: S-Sora?

Sora gently lifted Shea's chin up. Her face was completely flushed now. Around them, the men's nosebleeds had turned the ground into a river of blood.

Sora pulled a set of dazzling jewels from his Time Space Cache and transmuted them onto Shea's collar. Furthermore, he rearranged the gems already on there. Shea's collar had served the purpose of making it look like she was Sora's slave, so he hadn't spent much time on its initial design. Because of that it had come out looking rather plain. It had just been to avoid trouble after all.

However, if Shea was going to keep wearing it because she liked it, Sora felt it deserved an upgrade in the looks department too. That was why he retailored it to suit her appearance more.

Her new collar had white and blue ornaments adorning the simple black fabric. Furthermore, he had transmuted a fragment of his now spent Divinity Stone into a luminous sky blue cross, and transfixed it to the front of her collar. It now resembled a fashionable choker from his old world. No one would think it was a simple collar meant to identify a slave.

Sora: There, it nows suits you perfectly.

Sora nodded in satisfaction. Shea had lost herself in the sensation of Sora's fingers on her neck, but she snapped back to herself when he handed her a mirror. She excitedly looked at her neck. The beautiful choker was a huge improvement from her old collar. It seemed the color of the cross was the same as her eyes.

Shea: Wow~ This is the first time I've ever had something so pretty.

Shea beamed happily as she played with the tiny cross. Until recently, Shea had never left her village, much less the sea of trees. She had never owned fancy things like jewelry. Of course, that didn't mean she hadn't liked them. She'd always been jealous of the girls she'd seen in Verbergen. The ones rich enough to afford the scant amount of gems that could be found in the sea of trees.

And now she finally had jewelry like that of her own. She was ecstatic. Doubly so because it had been gifted to her by the boy she loved. Her bunny ears hopped up and down with joy.

Shea: Thank you so much, Soraaa!

She hugged his arm and buried her head in his chest with a smile. Her ears rubbed against him and her tail twitched happily. Sora just sigh, but didn't push her away while Aishia sidled up, smiling faintly, and started patting Shea's head.

Aishia: Good luck...

Sora: -_- Seriously?

Aishia: Serious as a heart attack, Sora. Because, I truly wanted you to be happy. Not juts from me, but from everyone around you.

During the way, there were many merchants and noble asking, to buy Shea, and asking Aishia, and Yue out, only for Sora and Hajime to activate their intimidate and threw anyone who still tries to do anything.

Shea: Hawawa, Sora got mad for my sake. Have his feelings toward me started growing? Just a bit more and we'll finally be real lovers!

Aishia and Yue: Shea, good luck.

Shea: Aishia, Yue... thank you. I'll do my best! One day, you'll have to take my virginity like you did with Aishia.

Sora: 💢 How many times do I have to say it! I haven't done it with Aishia damn it!

Shea: Lies! Because Aishia always slept naked besides you!

Sora: Aishia always sleeps naked! Don't just assumes we've done it!

Yue and Shea: Nah, I think you've done it!

Sora: Why you! Aishia, say something!

Sora look towards his partner asking for help, but her help wasn't something he'd hope she said.

Aishia: Do you want to do it with me?

Aishia said with her cheeks flush slightly. She asked half jokingly half confused. Asking Sora for confirmation.

Sora: Gah!

Tio: Fufu~ To think even My King haven't lain his hand on his own beloved. So do your best, Shea. Make sure you get his first~

Shea: Yeah! I will!

Sora's soul could be seen separating from his body. Even his partner had betrayed him as Sora passed out from shock. Hajime just sigh tiredly before grabbing his best friend carrying on his back as they entered Fuhren.

(Timeskip)

Once they were inside, the group headed straight for the adventurers guild. They were let into the same waiting room as last time. There, they greedily devoured the tea and cakes they were offered while they waited. Five minutes later the door slammed open and Ilwa Chang stepped into the room.

Ilwa: Will! Are you safe?!

There was none of the calm composure he'd had last time. Without even greeting anyone, he dashed toward Will, fretting over his safety.

Sora(mind): He must have been really worried.

Will: Ilwa... I'm sorry about everything. All because I was too stubborn...

Ilwa: It's fine... What matters is that you're safe and is back in one piece. Now go see your parents, they're worried about you.

Will: Right.

Ilwa told Will where they were staying and urged him to see them at once. Will expressed his thanks to Ilwa for setting up a search party, promised Sora he'd properly repay him later, and left the room. Sora would have been fine at leaving things there, but Will insisted that he owed him. Once Will left, Ilwa focused his attention on Sora. He smiled and bowed his head low.

Hajime: I assume with that, the job is done, correct?

Ilwa: Yes, thank you all. To be honest, I gave up on him at one point. I'm truly grateful.

Sora: It was his own luck that let him survive for that long.

Ilwa: Hohoho, is that really so? I suppose that did play a part in it, but... I heard you also defended him from an army of monsters. Isn't that right, Sir Goddess' Sword?

Ilwa grinned mischievously as he spoke the nickname Sora had been given in Ur. Sora's expression stiffened. It looked like information between guild branches traveled even faster than Brise.

Sora: So you found out already, huh?

Ilwa: Most of the guild's higher-ups have an artifact that allows them to communicate with each other over long distances. Ur's branch chief isn't ranked high enough to have one, so I'd actually sent one of my subordinates there to relay information to me. The first time I'd ever heard him cry was when he tearfully reported how he'd lost sight of you a few minutes after you'd left Fuhren.

Ilwa smiled wryly. It seemed whoever he'd sent to Ur had wanted to tail Sora to learn his secrets.

Whether that had been on Ilwa's instructions, or his own decision, he must have been quite frustrated that he'd lost sight of Sora so soon. Then, after riding to Ur as fast as he could, he'd seen six people face off against an army of sixty thousand. Moments after that was over, he'd probably raced out of town to head back as fast as he could. He was probably riding to Fuhren as they spoke... Hajime couldn't help but sympathize with the guy a little.

Regardless of whether this artifact was a communication device, or some kind of scrying tool, Hajime had no intention of blaming Ilwa for sending someone after him. In fact, he was relieved the man he'd scouted as an ally was this cunning. Ilwa cleared his throat and put the subject of his spy's trials and tribulations to the side.

Ilwa: Regardless, it must have been tough. To think the anomalies in the northern mountains had been the signs of such a disaster... I'm doubly grateful you chose to take this request. I'm truly interested in what power you must possess to be able to eliminate such an enormous army so easily... Would you mind telling me what happened there first?

Sora: Sure, I don't mind.

Hajime: But could you get Yue, Aishia, and Shea their status plates first? As for Tio—

Tio: I see... You plan to show this man their stats. Very well. If that is your decision, Master, then may I be granted a plate as well?

Hajime: Well, you heard her.

Ilwa: I suppose seeing all of your stats will lend some credibility to the story that you annihilated an army of monsters... Very well.

Ilwa could tell there was something special to Sora and his party, even the newly added Tio. And so, he called over an attendant and had them bring four new status plates. Yue and the others stats were as follows:

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Aishia
Age: ???
Gender: Female
Level: 90

Job: Spirit Arts User

Strength: 11000
Vitality: 10950
Defense: 10670
Agility: 12000
Magic: 15000
Magic Defense: 15000

Skills:
•Night Vision —
•Farsight —
•Hide Presence —
•Poison Resistance —
•Paralysis Resistance —
•Petrification Resistance —
•Mana Manipulation — [+Mana Discharge] [+Mana Compression] [+Remote Manipulation]
•Detect Magic [+Precision Sensing] —
•Sense Heat [+Precision Sensing] —
•Hide Presence [+Illusion Waltz] —
•Fear Resistance —
•Elemental Resistance —
•Foresight —
•Intimidate —
•Tracking —
•Increased Mana Recovery —
•Mana Conversion [+Stamina] [+Healing] —
•Limit Break —
•Creation Magic —
•Gravity's Magic —
•Language Comprehension —
•Superhuman Physical Characteristics —
•Extrasensory Perception [+Precision Sensing]
•Martial Arts —
•Healing —
•Automatic Regeneration [+Pain Dampener]
•Weapon Mastery —
•Mind Manipulation (Can hypnotize his opponents, planting suggestions in their mind) —
•Sleep Manipulation (Can make others sleep by imitating sleep magic) —
•Perception Manipulation (With illusion arts he can affects the five senses of perception of a person) —
•Power Nullification (Can dispel sorcery) —
•Air Manipulation —
•Enhanced Sense —
•Fear Manipulation (Planted a suggestion in a person's mind that made him fear him) —
•Ice Manipulation —
•Light Manipulation —
•Darkness Manipulation —
•Flight —
•Water Manipulation —
•Earth Manipulation —
•Fire Manipulation —
•Telepathy (Can speak to the mind of others through telepathic spirit arts) —
•Reality Warping (Can manipulate essence to interfere with mana and create world-altering phenomena) —
•Vibration Manipulation (Can create shock-waves) —
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Though they weren't quite as broken as Sora and Hajime, each of them were strong enough to take on the rest of Sora's and Hajime's cheat-level classmates all at once. All of their best stats were so high that even Kouki with Limit Break wouldn't have been able to match up to them. Naturally, most combat jobs wouldn't even come close to their level of strength.

And that was just their stats. Their unique skills and abilities had left Ilwa completely speechless.

It was hardly surprising. Skills such as Blood Conversion and Draconification belonged to races that had supposedly gone extinct centuries ago. And not only that, Aishia had a job known as Spirit Art, a job that no one had ever heard of. Furthermore, they were races that, according to the Holy Church, had betrayed the gods centuries past.

And while Shea didn't belong to a heretical race like Aishia, Yue and Tio, her stats and abilities were completely abnormal for her species.

Ilwa: My word... I had expected to see something out of the ordinary, but not this out of the ordinary...

Sweat dripped down his forehead, and his usual smile was conspicuously absent. Unconcerned, Sora began explaining what had happened at Ur. Normally, Ilwa would have laughed such a story off as impossible, but he had no choice but to believe Sora after seeing their stats and skills. Once Sora finished talking, Ilwa crumpled into the sofa, looking like he'd aged a decade.

Ilwa: No wonder you caught Master Catherine's attention. I had assumed you two were one of the summoned heroes, Sora, Hajime, but... this is far beyond my expectations.

Hajime: So, what are you gonna do? Report us to the Holy Church for being heretics?

Ilwa hurriedly straightened up under Hajime's piercing gaze.

Ilwa: I hope you're kidding. Wether as individuals or as a guild leader, that's not an option for me. I personally owe you both as well. I wish you'd have more faith in me.

Sora: I see. Then we're good.

He gestured his thanks. Ilwa smiled and nodded in response.

Ilwa: As promised, I'll do everything in my power to support the both of you. Both as a manager of the guild, and as an individual. Though, after that little display of might, I doubt the higher-ups will be in any hurry to go after you two. In order to make this easier for us, we'll make your adventurer rank gold as well. Normally there's a lot of silly ceremonies and formalities that accompany a promotion to gold rank, but... well I'll make sure everyone accepts it. It'll be easier since you have Master Catherine's recommendation, along with my own. That, and your newfound reputation as 'The Goddess' Sword.'

Along with all of that, Ilwa also allowed them to stay at the VIP room in the guild- managed inn for as long as they were staying in Fuhren. Furthermore, he provided them a letter bearing his personal crest. He was serious about maintaining a friendly relationship with Sora and his party.

Sora: Thanks a lot. The more cards we have to play, the better. Looks like it was worth racing all the way out to Ur after all.

Ilwa: I'm glad you don't regret it. However, I'm sure you're aware those three girls' identities will be discovered eventually, even if they don't show people their status plates. Though I have pledged my support, in all honesty, it's like trying to block a fireball with a piece of paper...

Ilwa scratched his cheek and smiled bitterly. Hajime brought his teacup to his mouth and shrugged his shoulders.

Hajime: A piece of paper can be a good shield if you use it right. My job's Synergist, you know? My duty is to make sure anything that can be useful is made useful. Don't worry, I'll make good use of your support.

Ilwa: Is that so?

Hajime: Yeah. Besides, remember what you said when you asked us to take this request?

Ilwa: What?

Ilwa tilted his head in confusion. Hajime grinned wolfishly and repeated the words Ilwa had told him a few days ago.

Hajime: We were prepared for a confrontation from the start.

Ilwa: I see. I did say something to that effect.

Whether Sora and Hajime had Ilwa's help or not was irrelevant. Having it would make things a little easier in the future, but they wouldn't be stopped regardless. Hajime's pupils glimmered, his smile promising ruin to anything or anyone that dared stand in his way. Sora's eyes were filled with determination. Determined to achieved his goal of getting back home.

Ilwa couldn't help but smile when he saw Sora's determination, and the resolve his companions had to follow him down that path. His spirits soared. He suddenly remembered the time he was a young boy, when he had given it his all to work his way up to branch chief.

He had a premonition. These six who dared to stand up against the Holy Church would be the ones to change the world.

It wasn't that he hated the current status quo. He was on the side of the haves, not the have-nots, after all. He was a human living an honest life in this world. If anything, he should have wished for the world to stay as it was.

But the reason he couldn't help but feel excitement, and possibly a little fear, at the prospect was because he, Ilwa Chang, was part of the adventurer's guild.

Ilwa: I pray your travels turn into the most wonderful adventure and bring the most trouble this world has ever seen.

Sora: I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say thanks to that or not.

Aishia, Yue, Shea, and Tio all turned to each other with bemused looks on their faces. Seeing their expressions, Ilwa laughed. He hadn't laughed like this in years. For so long he'd just been busy with the work of managing the guild, but things were finally going to change.

After they parted ways with Ilwa, Sora and the others went to the guild- managed inn in the center of the city. It was a massive, twenty-story building, and their room was situated at the top floor. They had an unobstructed view of the tourist quarter. The room they'd been given was magnificent as well. There was a wide living room, as well as four separate bedrooms, each furnished with a massive canopy bed. Both the sofas and the rug were soft and fluffy, and they could tell at a glance every piece of furniture was high-class.

Shea: Look, all the people. Are so small!

Tio: I could fly higher in Dragon Form, but looking down like this isn't bad either

A few minutes after their arrival, Will came to visit along with his parents, Count Grail Cudeta and Countess Saria Cudeta. Unlike the nobles Sora had seen at the palace, Grail and Saria were very agreeable people. He could see how Will had turned out into such a nice person. Grail insisted on thanking Sora and offered him gold and invitations to his manor.

Saria: I'm Will's Mother, Saria Cudeta.

Grail: I'm his father, Grail Cudeta.

Sora then bowed politely and introduce himself. Even he wasn't as sadistic as Hajime, that he wouldn't bow of someone who deserve respect. Hajime and the others were used to Sora's smooth talking the people, so they didn't say anything.

Sora: Thank you for coming all this way. I'm happy that your son is safe now!! I am pleased to meet you. My name is Sora Yatagami.

Grail: Oh, no need for such deferences, Sir Sora. We causes you and your comrades so much trouble. We offer you our most heartfelt thanks.

Sora: I am honored by your words gratitude. It'll be very helpful that in the future, you would lend us your aide if we ever need one.

Saria: I-Is that really all? I heard you risked life and limb to rescue my son from a dragon's breath. Surely, there must be more you want.

Sora: Well... I'd say I'm asking for a lot, actually. It's possible you might be put in a very dangerous position for helping us. If anything, I may be asking for too much.

Grail: Hahaha, I suppose that's true. In that case, I won't promise unconditional support, but I will do everything I can if you ever come to me for help.

Sora: Thank you very much, Count. Your help is much appreciated.

Grail: Oh, not at all. At any rate, we shall take our leave.

Will looked up at his father and smiled, as if he'd expected this outcome, then addressed Sora.

Will: Really, thank you for saving me. I hope we meet again.

With those parting words he turned on his heel and left. As soon as they closed the door, Sora slumped on the sofa sighing.

Sora: Ah, who would've thought talking so politely could make your mouth hurt.

Hajime: Phew...

Sora: What...?

Aishia, Yue, Shea, and Tio: What a smooth talker...

Sora: 💢 All of you... Anyway, let's rest for today. We've gotta restock on supplies tomorrow.

Sora lazily closed his eyes as he lay on Aishia's lap as she stroked his hair. However, Shea objected to Sora's plans. She grabbed Sora's leg and started shaking him.

Shea: Wait, Sora. You promised...

Sora: Oh yeah, I did say I'd take you around the tourist quarter.

As a reward for saving Aiko's life, Sora had promised to take Shea around the tourists' quarter for a day. Shea looked at Sora expectantly. However, he hesitated. They still had to get a lot of shopping done too. It was then that Aishia came to the rescue. She cupped Sora's cheeks and looked down at him gently.

Aishia: I'll handle the shopping. Go have fun with Shea.

Sora: Is that alright...?

Aishia: Yeah. Me, Yue, Tio, and Hajime can do it for you.

Sora smile at her and look at Shea.

Sora: Alright, Shea! We'll go on a date!

Shea: Yay!

(Timeskip)

Shea: Hmhmhm... Hmhmhm! The weather's great... It's a perfect day for a date!

Shea was happily skipping down the main street of Fuhren.

She smile radiantly. Her cheeks were flushed and joy was overflowing from her every pore. The fact that she was a beastman, and that she was wearing a slave collar, albeit a very pretty one, didn't matter at all to the onlookers. They were all utterly entranced by Shea. Sora was walking behind her, with him smiling. Shea kept excitedly bounding ahead a few steps and then turning around to wait for him with a smile.

Sora: You don't need to run that fast, Shea. Look where you're going, or you'll trip and fall.

Shea: Fufufu, as if I would do that~ I've been trained by Aishia and Yue, there's no way I'd—

Her foot caught on something and she tipped backward before she could finish her sentence. Sora rushed forward and caught her before she fell. He doubted falling would actually hurt her with her strengthened body, but he wanted to be safe since she was wearing a dress. He wasn't going to let any of the onlookers.

Shea: Sh-Shorry.

Sora: Hey, I know you're excited, but don't run off ahead.

Shea shrank back in embarrassment. She timidly grabbed his sleeve and matched his pace with small, quick steps. They made their way to the tourists' district, attracting attention along the way. The district was filled with entertainment facilities of all kinds. There was a theater, numerous street performances, a circus, an opera house, aquariums, an arena, a gaming hall, numerous sightseeing platforms, multiple botanical gardens, and various plazas and towers to explore.

Shea: Sora! Sora! Let's go over there!

Her bunny ears twitched impatiently as she gestured to the guidebook in her hand. As she'd lived her entire life in the Haltina Woods, it wasn't too surprising that she'd never seen the sea or the animals that lived within it. That was why the first thing that had caught her eye was Fuhren's most famous aquarium.

Sora: An Aquarium? They had an aquarium on this world?

Shea: I wonder what type of fish we can find in the sea?

Sora: You can find fish living in the Haltina forest as well, right?

Shea: But Seas and Rivers are totally different!

Sora: I don't think so...

After Sora paid for the two of them to get in, they walked in as Shea had a smile on her face.

Shea: Finally a date with just the two of us... I'm looking forward to seeing these creatures...!

After entering the aquarium, Sora and Shea were immediately met by a fish with a human like face, as Sora looked confused, as Shea looked completely shocked.

Sora: 'Riiman' he uses the inherent magic telepathy to speak.

Shea(mind): From that time...

Sora turned to the fishman. He couldn't tell if they were staring at each other or glaring at each other. With a hint of trepidation, he tried talking to it. Since they apparently didn't respond often to regular conversation, he tried using Telepathy.

Sora: You can use Telepathy, right? Can you really talk? Do you understand what I'm saying?

The seaman blinked once. It tore its gaze away from Shea and slowly turned to face him.

Riiman: Tch, this is our first meeting, isn't it, boy? It's only polite to tell someone your name first. Sheesh, this is why kids these days are...

A fish with an old man's face had just lectured Sora on manners. He couldn't believe it. His mouth twitched at the corners a little and he tried again.

Sora: Sorry about that. I'm Sora. So, you really can talk, huh? What kind of creature are you guys?

Riiman: My dear boy, what kind of creatures are humans? If I asked you that right now would you be able to answer? You wouldn't, right? All I can say is I'm me. Nothing more, nothing less. I can't say I have a name either, so just address me however you wish.

Sora floundered for a bit. Not only had the fishman's response made complete sense, he'd started sounding really cool too. He hadn't expected a fish monster to be this intelligent.

Sora(mind): Didn't the plaque say their answers are always lazy and lifeless?

Sora suddenly felt like suing whoever had written that. He quickly averted his gaze, so this time it was the seaman who asked him a question.

Riiman: I'd like to ask you something, too. How is it you can use Telepathy? You certainly aren't using any magic humans are capable of... It's almost like you're the same as me, as us monsters.

It was a pretty reasonable question. After all, here was a human using the special magic Telepathy. It was only natural for the fishman to wonder how Sora could do something only monsters were supposed to be able to do. The reason he'd answered Sora's questions seriously was because he'd been curious himself. Sora cleared his throat to give himself a second to think. He explained that he'd eaten a monster that could use Telepathy and absorbed its powers. But it was actually thanks to Aishia for teaching him what is ode and Spirit Art

Riiman: I see. You've faced a great deal of hardship despite your youth. Very well, if there's anything you'd like to ask this old man, go ahead. I'll tell you anything you want.

Shea: Umm, Sora, you're on a date with me, so how come you're staring at that old fishman? The person you're supposed to be looking at is me.

Shea's rabbit ears pressed flat against her head and she shyly tugged at Sora's sleeve. He reluctantly cut his conversation short and turned to Shea. His obvious reluctance made Shea even more depressed.

Honestly, Sora had been hoping to talk some more with the fishman, but he had promised to spend today on a date with Shea, and he didn't take his promises lightly.

Riiman: Oh my, I didn't realize I was interrupting your date. My apologies for getting in the way of you youngsters.

The fishman didn't seem to mind stopping their conversation there either.

Sora(mind): What an understanding old man...

Sora: Alright, alright, but I need to ask one more question. Why are you here, Riiman?

Riiman: I was leisurely traveling around when suddenly an underground water vein erupted near the lake I was near. I was thrown out to the surface, called for help and here I am.

Sora's and Shea's eyes widened, realizing the cause of him being here.

Shea(telepathy): It was from that time, right?

Sora(telepathy): Totally from that time.

Sora awkwardly asked the seaman the foremost thing on his mind.

Sora: Uh, do you want to escape from here?

Riiman: Of course I do. Wanderlust is in my blood. And it's my belief that living things should be born in nature and die in nature. When I die, I want it to be out in the open sea, not this metal cage.

His words were filled with longing. Sora had taken quite a liking to the fishman, and it was partly his fault he was stuck in this cage, so he decided to save him.

Sora: If you want, I can let you go in a nearby river. I think it might be partly our fault you're stuck here in the first place. I'll get you out in a couple of minutes. Are you willing to put your trust in me?

Riiman: Young Sora... Heh, never thought I'd have a youngster worrying about little old me. Dunno what you've got planned, but I ain't so senile that I'd mistrust a strapping young lad like yourself. I believe in you, Young Sora.

The two of them shared a smile.

Shea: Huh? Could it be I have a rival in love?

Shea muttered that to herself as she watched the two of them stare at each other. Sora then turned on his heel and dragged Shea along. Shea had no idea what was going on, but followed Sora obediently. As they were about to leave, the fishman reached out to Shea via Telepathy.

Riiman(telepathy): Sorry for surprising you back then, Missy. Don't ever let go of that hand you're holding, you hear?

Shea(telepathy): Huh? What? Umm, I don't mind at all! Actually, it was thanks to that I was able to share my first kiss with Sora! Also, I'll never let go!

She responded as best as she could. The fishman smiled in satisfaction.

A few minutes later, one of Sora's cross bits started rampaging around the aquarium and destroyed the seaman's tank. As he fell out, he landed neatly in the cage Sora had attached to the cross bit. The cross bit blasted through the aquarium staff that came after the fishman without hurting them, blew through the aquarium wall, and flew off into the sky.

The incident caused such a stir within the city that eventually Fuhren's leaders got involved as well. No one could tell whether it had been a new monster, or some hidden power of the fishman's... but none of that had anything to do with Sora.

(Timeskip)

They'd gone for lunch after the aquarium. Once they'd finished eating they'd decided to walk through some of the botanical gardens and maybe see some street performers.

Sora: Sorry for that, eat this and cheer up. There's a similar thing in my world called Ice Cream. Sweet right?

Shea: Ish Good! Fuhren's amazing. Even the food stalls have food this good.

She resumed her quest to eat through every sweet Fuhren had to offer. Sora smiled as he watched her chow down. However, suddenly, his expression transformed into one of confusion, and he looked down at his feet. Shea cocked her head quizzically at him.

Shea: What's wrong, Sora-san?

Sora: Hm? Oh, my [Extrasensory Perception] just went off...

Shea: Why were you even using that skill?

Sora: It's good training, and I usually use it constantly.

Shea: Okay? But what's so special about sensing someone? There's people everywhere right now...

Sora: That's not exactly what I mean... I sensed someone below us.

Shea: Below? Aren't the sewers below us? Maybe someone's doing some work on them right now?

Sora: I wouldn't have paid any attention if it was just that. But this presence is really small. Plus, it feels weak... I think it's a kid. A really hurt kid.

Shea: Wha—!? Th-That's terrible! What if they accidentally fell in and are being swept away by the water!? Sora, let's chase after them! Where'd you sense them?

Once Sora told her the direction, Shea dashed off.

Sora had been trying to live a life that in Aiko's terms was "less lonely," but in the end it was still Shea who acted first. He couldn't help but smile. Her cheerful and straightforward attitude had started rubbing off on him a little, or so it seemed.

Together with Shea, Sora tried to pinpoint the location of the rapidly moving child. They realized they were being carried by the current toward the sewer channel that ran beneath the street they were on. They dashed forward ahead of the presence and Sora pressed his hands to the ground. Blue sparks sputtered from his hands and in seconds there was a hole in the street.

Without hesitation, they both leaped into the hole. Sora grabbed hold of Shea and used Aerodynamic to leap to one of the walkways that snaked alongside each side of the tunnel. He had no intention of falling into the foul- smelling sewer sludge.

Shea: Sora, I can sense it too now. I'll jump in and rescue whoever it is!

Sora: Don't worry, you won't have to do that.

Shea didn't hesitate to leap forward, even though it would have gotten her precious date clothes dirty. However, Sora grabbed her by the collar and held her back. He once again placed his hands on the ground and transmuted it.

A latticework of clay rose up from the bottom of the sewer. Sora tilted the makeshift net and scooped up the child that was being washed down the sewer. Then, he carefully rolled them closer to where he was standing. Finally, he shot out his left arm, grabbed the child, and reeled them in.

Shea: This girl's...

Sora: She's still breathing. A member of the see tribe.

As Sora and Shea looked at each other, unsure of what to do, the little girl's nose twitched, and she opened her eyes. She looked around in confusion for a little bit before finally settling her large round pupils on Sora. She stared silently at him. Unable to look away, Sora stared back. Seconds passed. Seconds turned into minutes. And the minutes continued stretching on.

???: Who...?

Sora: It's alright. You're safe now.

That's all she heard before fainting once again.

Shea: Is she alright?

Sora: She's fine. She just fainted. Let's get out of here first. It smells disgusting.

(Timeskip)

Sora took them to some nearby shed, where he told Shea to clean her off why he'd go buy some clothes and food for her to which Shea only comply.

Shea: Ah, Sora. Welcome back. I'm not a doctor, but it looks like she's doing fine.

Shea stroked the seaman damp hair as she reported to Sora. Still chewing on the meat, the girl turned back to stare at Sora again. It looked like she was trying to decide whether Sora was a good or bad person.

Sora nodded and pulled out the clothes he'd bought. It was a small white one-piece, similar in design to Shea's. He'd also gotten her a pair of gladiator sandals and some basic underwear. Sora gently pulled the blanket off her and pulled the dress over her head. Of course, he helped her put the underwear on as well. Then, he knelt down and slipped the sandals onto her feet.

Once that was finished he pulled out one of his artifacts, a hair dryer, out of his Time Space Cache and started drying the girl's hair. At first the girl just silently watched Sora, but as the hot air hit her back, she let out a cute squeal and smiled a little.

Shea: I didn't realize you were so good at looking after people, Sora.

Sora: I had a little sister at my world after all. Now that that's done. What's your name?

Myu: Myu.

Sora: Myu? I'm Sora. That's Shea. What happened?

Myu: I was in a place called "Erisen"...

Sora: Erisen... That's the name of the Sea tribe's city, it's located in the sea past the desert. It would take at least 10 days to get there if you were a merchant, how did you end up here?

Myu: Myu was with mom near the coast. But then I got separated from her... When I was looking for her, humans took Myu to a place I don't know...

Shea: Sora that's...

Sora: Yeah... That's a slave merchant doing.

Myu: There were more kids like me but... They disappeared. They said, "we received good money for them".

Sora: Slave auction...And if they sell kids, it must be an illegal auction.

Myu: I was going to be next, but... I could hear water nearby... when I woke up, I was here...

Shea then held Myu, hugging her tightly.

Shea: Myu it was scary,right? It's okay now. Sora, what should we do?

Shea hugged Myu tight. It was obvious from her expression that she wanted to do something for the poor girl. The fear of being captured and sold off as a slave was one beastmen were well accustomed to. Shea had watched many of her family members get captured, so she knew just how much it hurt.

Sora: It would be better to leave her to the safety department.

Shea: You can't! You're going to just abandon her and all those other kids?

Shea cried out vehemently. She looked at Sora in shock, as if she'd just been betrayed.

The safety department Sora was referring to was the fantasy world equivalent of the police. Placing her in the care of a public institution like that would mean that her fate was completely out of their hands. It wasn't exactly the same as abandoning her, and it was, in fact, the normal procedure for when someone found a lost child, but considering the situation, Shea's feelings were understandable as well.

Sora knelt down and explained everything to Shea point by point.

Sora: Look, Shea. Normally, when you find a lost child, the proper thing to do is to send them to the safety department. Besides, Myu's a seaman. They'll definitely treat her well. And the fact that there's an underground auction that deals in dagons will cause a huge uproar. There'll definitely be a full-scale investigation, and all the other kids will end up in the department's protection as well.

Even if Myu was a beastman, she was one of the races under the kingdom's protection. Fuhren did possess a level of independence, but they couldn't ignore people that were so flagrantly flouting the kingdom's authority. Sora had no doubt that the officials of the city would have to act, which in turn would surely lead to Myu being returned home.

Sora continued piling on rational reasons why they should leave Myu in the city's care.

Sora: Do you understand? What we're dealing with here is the underworld that exists in every large city. If they're capable of capturing Myu, then it's obvious they have eyes and ears in places the government can't reach them. This whole affair is Fuhren's problem. It's not something we should poke our noses into. Besides, whatever we decide to do, we still have to report this to someone. I know this probably hits close to home, and I understand your feelings, but...

Shea: I guess... you're right... But we could at least take her with us, right? We're headed west, anyway...

Sora: You know we're going to visit the volcano before we reach the coast. Are you suggesting we take her into a labyrinth with us? Or make her wait outside alone in the desert? Besides, if we just took a girl with us because we wanted to, we'd be no better than kidnappers ourselves.

Shea: Awww, okay...

Shea had gotten pretty attached to Myu in the short time they'd spent together. Guessing that she was the cause of their argument, Myu tightly hugged Shea. It seemed Myu was pretty comfortable around Shea now, too. Her hug made Shea even more reluctant to let Myu go. However, what Sora was saying was right, so she reluctantly nodded. Sora squatted down next to Myu and slowly explained what they'd decided.

Sora: Okay, Myu. We're going to take you to some people who can protect you. It might take some time, but they'll definitely get you back home.

Myu: What about you, Mister?

Myu's voice was anxious.

Sora: Sorry, but we'll have to say bye to you there.

Myu: No!

Sora: Hey now, don't be like that...

Myu: I wanna be with you! I like you two!

Her adamant refusal threw Sora off-balance. She started struggling in Shea's lap. She'd been surprisingly mature up until now, but that might have just been because she was still trying to figure out what kinds of people Sora and Shea were. Now that she'd decided they were people she could trust, she'd begun acting more spoiled, like a kid her age. It was possible she'd been a lot more cheerful and noisy before all this had happened to her.

Sora was glad Myu liked him, but he knew he'd have to report this to the authorities. On top of that, he still had a labyrinth to conquer before they would make it to the west coast, so he had no intention of bringing Myu with him.

After seeing how reluctant Myu was, Sora gave up on trying to explain things to her. Instead, he forcibly put her on his shoulders and headed for the safety department building.

The whole way there, she scratched and pulled at Sora's hair, and face. She had finally found people she could trust after escaping that hellish prison, so she wasn't going to let them go without a fight.

Had it not been for Shea following behind them placating everyone, it was quite possible Sora would have been reported as a kidnapper himself. Sora arrived at the safety department covered in scratches, and his hair a mess. He explained to the wide-eyed receptionist what he'd discovered.

The receptionist told Sora that in order to launch an investigation and to make sure the procedures to get Myu sent home they would have to talk to their boss. They promised Myu would be safe in their hands, and urged Sora to leave her there. As Sora had guessed, this was a huge deal. They would probably need to call in reinforcements from their headquarters as well. Seeing that his job was done, Sora turned to leave. However...

Myu: Mister, do you hate me?

Even Sora couldn't take Myu's teary- eyed puppy-dog look. Most people wouldn't be able to. He let out a garbled groan and tried to explain once again why he couldn't take Myu with him, and that she would be safe with the kind old man standing over there. But even when he told her the man would take her home, Myu's sorrowful expression remained.

The people at the safety department tried to console Myu, and somewhat forcibly attempted to separate her from Sora. After many tears and pulled hairs, Sora and Shea finally left the department building behind.

Of course, neither of them were in the mood to continue their date, and Shea kept shooting worried glances back at the safety department building. Finally, they were out of sight of the building. Shea still looked glum, so Sora tried to cheer her up.

However, just as he opened his mouth, there was a massive explosion behind them. The two of them whirled around and saw black smoke rising in the distance. The source of the smoke was clearly—

Shea: Sora, that's the...

Sora: Tch, the safety department building!

The black smoke was rising from where Sora and Shea had just left.

They nodded to each other and ran back as fast as possible, fueled by the fear that the worst-case scenario might have happened. That they'd somehow found word of Myu's location, and in order to keep everyone's mouths shut, blown the whole place up along with her.

They tried to hold back their panic as they arrived to find a blown out building with glass and masonry lying everywhere. Fortunately, the building itself didn't seem too damaged, and wasn't in any danger of collapsing. They gingerly stepped inside and found the kindly old receptionist lying face-down on the ground.

Both of his arms had been broken, and he was unconscious. The other members had suffered a similar fate. The only saving grace was that no one's injuries looked fatal. As Sora was looking over the staff, Shea came running back to him. She'd gone on ahead to search a different part of the building.

Shea: Sora, Myu isn't here! Also, I found this!

She handed over a slip of paper. There were demands written on it.

"If you value the seaman's life, bring the gray-haired kid and the beastman with him to this location."

Shea: Sora, this is...

Sora: Looks like our opponents got greedy...

Sora crushed the paper in his fist and smiled fiendishly. Somehow, they'd overheard Sora's exchange with the safety department people. They'd decided that it would be more valuable to keep Myu as a hostage. That way they could use her as a bargaining chip to get a rare rabbitman as well.

Shea looked at Sora, determination etched all over her face.

Shea: Sora, I'm going to—

Sora: You don't need to say it. I know. Besides, they've made themselves my enemy. The time for talk's over. We're gonna tear them a new asshole and get Myu back.

Shea: Roger!

Sora had honestly thought it would have been better to leave Myu in the care of professionals, especially considering how dangerous their journey was. And if they were going to leave her eventually, the faster the better. After all, he hadn't wanted a desperate girl like her getting too attached to them.

Still, now that he knew there was the danger of her getting kidnapped again, he couldn't leave her alone. Abandoning her when there was something he could do about it would certainly lead down the path Aiko had feared. Besides, he knew if he just said it had nothing to do with him, Shea would be devastated too.

And more than anything, they'd tried to kidnap Shea too. Anyone that would dare harm someone Sora considered important was an enemy. And he showed his enemies not even an iota of mercy. These slave traders had crossed a line they never should have.

Weapons in hand, Sora and Shea headed to the designated meeting point. Those fools would soon learn what unholy monsters they had called down upon themselves.

(Timeskip)

First they met up with Hajime and the rest telling them what had happened and they immediately agreed to help take down and freed the other children. They've split up, Hajime and Yue on the east, Aishia and Tio on the west, and Sora and Shea on the north. After making their way to the location, both Sora and Shea were walking up to the entrance, with multiple thugs waiting for them.

Thug 1 : It's the brat and the blue haired rabbit.

Thug 2: That girl really is a big catch.

Thug 3: Thanks for the drop off, kid. But we're going to have a bit of fun with her before we sell her off. So be a good little brat and run off.

Without saying a word, Sora unsheathed Murasame and in a blink of an eye, he sliced them all dead.

With a massive bang, the door exploded into a thousand splinters. The right side of the man's body was crushed flat, and the people sitting behind him were blasted by a wall of shrapnel. They slammed into the wall behind them, covered in blood.

Shea: There's no need to tell everyone. We're right here.

Sora: Hmph, I shall handle those waiting outside. Finish this up quickly, Shea.

Shea: Thank you, Sora.

The two figures who had casually walked into the room were none other than Sora and Shea. Freidhof's boss, Hansen, had watched in shock as his door was blasted open and his subordinates flung across the room like ragdolls. Shea and Sora's conversation brought him back to his senses though, and he quickly pulled out his weapon.

Hansen: So you're the ones that have been running around busting up my operation. Wait a sec... Tch, you're the bitches from the wanted posters. Shea and Sora, right? There were that other brat too, Aishia and Yue or something. Man, you're real lookers. Hey, if you throw down your weapons and surrender, I'll spare your lives. You don't honestly think you can walk into Freidhof's headquarters and make it back ali—

A massive bang, loud enough that it could be physically felt, interrupted Hansen's prattling. Drucken was resting on Shea's shoulder, smoke coming from the retracted handle. She'd transformed it into bombardment mode... and blown Hansen away with a shotgun blast.

From such close range, he hadn't stood a chance. The barrage of iron pellets had ripped his right arm clean off. He tumbled into the wall behind him, a spray of blood trailing in his wake. A few seconds passed before he realized what had happened, and then the screaming started.

Hansen: I-I'm begging you. Don't kill me! I'll give you as much money as you want! I won't ever go after you guys again! Please— Gwaah!?

Shea: Quit talking. All I want to hear from you are the answers to my questions. Understood? Every time you don't answer, I'll make this hammer heavier... I recommend you start talking before your organs turn to mush.

Sora: Your starting to sound more like me.

Shea: Where is Myu?

Hansen: M-Myu...?

Shea: Don't play dumb. The Seamen girl you kidnapped. I'd speak before your organs pop out.

Hansen: I'll speak! I'll speak so please stop! She's not here. Our leader took her. She's in the base the art museum in the tourist area! There's an underground auction that's held there! It's starts this evening so there's still time!

Shea: Is that so...

Hansen: Please...Let me go...

Shea then clinched her hammer tightly.

Shea: That's pretty convenient for someone who plays with children's lives. You became hostile to us.

The second in command eyes widened, as Shea raised her hammer in the air.

Shea: There won't be mercy for enemies.

Hansen: S...Sto

With one swing she killed Hansen and look at Sora.

Shea: Sora I found out where Myu is. She's in the tourist quarter right now.

Sora: Gotcha.

Shea told him Myu's location and Sora immediately went on his way.

(Elsewhere)

A heavy silence filled the auction hall. There were around a hundred buyers seated in the stands. Each and every one of them was wearing a mask, and none of them were saying a word. Whenever something a customer wanted to buy appeared, they'd just silently raise their number tag. They didn't want to give any hints away about their identities.

Still, even they couldn't suppress their cries of surprise when the next item was brought to the stage. A two meter long water tank holding a young dagon girl... Myu.

She'd been stripped naked and was currently hugging her knees in a corner of the tank. The reason she'd been put in the tank was to prove that she was a real seaman, as they were the only race that could breathe underwater. And because she'd managed to escape once before, they'd shackled her this time. The metal shackles had been fastened so tight that her skin was chafed underneath them.

The auctioneers examined the trembling girl for a few seconds, then the bidding began. Prices soared, yet the bidding war showed no sign of stopping. Even though her existence had now been made aware to the public, most of the auctioneers seemed confident they could transport her discreetly.

Myu(mind): Did they leave me because I did something bad? Do Mister and Big Sister hate me?

Tears welled up in her eyes. If she ever saw them again she'd apologize. She'd do anything they asked. She just wanted to go with them.

Myu: Mister... Big Sister...

Suddenly, there was a loud thud and her tank shook. She squealed in terror and hurriedly opened her eyes. There was a masked man wearing a tuxedo standing next to her tank. He was yelling something and kicking the glass repeatedly.

The auction manager had wanted to Myu to swim around a little in order to make the guests bid higher, but she'd just stayed curled up in a ball. Tired of waiting, he'd finally snapped and started kicking her tank.

That only served to frighten Myu further, however, as she curled into a ball and attempted to look as small as possible. All she could do was try to drown out the yelling and the kicking.

The Freidhof member managing the auction grew even angrier. He was worried people would think she was sick, and not bid as high. If she sold low, he was the one who'd be punished for it. Seeing this wasn't working, he resorted to drastic measures. Feeling pressured by the crowd, he started insulting Myu in the hopes of eliciting a reaction.

Manger: Move, you sniveling little brat. Stop causing us humans so much trouble, you stupid fish-freak!

He climbed up the ladder next to the tank as he berated her, intending to poke her with the cane he was carrying. Myu shut her eyes and braced herself.
Oddly, the impact she was waiting for never came. Instead, she heard a familiar voice.

Sora: What was that, you fucking bastard?

Sora leaped from the ceiling, grinding both the auction manager and the ladder into the ground. A fountain of blood spurted from underneath his foot. The manager had been killed instantly.

Sora didn't even look at the man he'd just killed. Instead, he turned around and smashed the water tank. The glass pane shattered into a thousand pieces, and a torrent of water came flooding out.

Myu: Hyaaah!

The current carried Myu out with it. But before she got very far, a warm hand caught her, and she timidly opened her eyes. When she'd first heard his voice, she'd desperately hoped she hadn't been imagining it. And now she knew she hadn't. The person holding her right now was Sora. Myu blinked a few times before staring at him, much like she had when they first met.

Sora: Yo, Myu. How come you're always soaked whenever I see you?

Still staring at him, she quietly whispered a single word.

Myu: Mister!

She wrapped her arms around Sora and started sobbing. Sora patted her back in an attempt to comfort her. Then, he wrapped her in another blanket.

Black-robed men burst into the main hall and surrounded the two, cutting their reunion short. The auctioneers were certain the men could handle Sora, so none of them made any move to flee.

Auctioneer: Hey, brat. Do you know what happens to morons who try and mess with Freidhof? If you hand over the girl, then we'll at least grant you a painless death.

Myu lifted her face from Sora's neck and looked at him worriedly. Twenty burly men stood between them and safety.

Myu: Mister...

Sora: Don't worry. I'm here with you. It'll get a little noisy though, so you should close your eyes and cover your ears.

Sora peeled Myu's fingers off his neck and placed them over her ears. His confident tone assuaged Myu's worries. Still a little confused, she nodded, closed her eyes, and buried her face in Sora's chest.

Thug 1: Think you can just ignore us, huh!?

Manager: Kill the brat! But don't lay a hand on the merchandise!

The leader angrily ordered his men to charge. A second later all of the men that charged towards Sora was instantly sliced off in half or got their head cut off. Unable to grasp what had just happened, everyone silently watched as the leader's corpse crumpled to the ground. And while they stood there, still confused, Sora fired again. And again. 20 people were cut off when they finally realized what's going on.

Thug 1: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! He's a monster!

Thugs 2: H-He's a demon! We're all gonna be killed!

The men in black started backing away from him, while the auctioneers screamed and swarmed for the exits.

Sora(mind): A monster huh? That's rich, coming from people who buy and sell slaves.

He wanted to teach those fleeing slavers a thing or two, but he kept his attention firmly focused on the threat in front of him.

Manager: Wh-Who the hell are you!? What, why... How did you do that!?

The man trembled in fear as he shouted in what he hoped was an intimidating voice. Another dozen men in black ran into the hall, but they faltered when they saw the bodies littering the floor. Sora scoffed at the man who'd spoken.

Sora: Why? Isn't it obvious? I came to take back what's mine. Oh... and to make an example out of you guys. This is what happens if you touch my friends. Now then, you'll join me for the grand finale, right?

Sora fly through the sky with Myu on his arm.

Sora: Aishia, Yue, I've got Myu. How are things on your end?

Aishia: Good. Everyone evacuated.

Yue: The guests are running out of the hall.

Sora: I see. Well, let's end this with a bang, then.

Aishia: Okay!

As Sora zipped through the air, he looked down at Myu. Up until now she had done as he'd asked, covering her ears and closing her eyes. He gently removed one of her hands and talked to her.

Sora: It's alright now, Myu.

Her eyes snapped open and she looked around. As she took in the scenery, she let out a gasp of surprise. The view was spectacular. From their vantage point, they could see the entire city of Fuhren. The sun was a blazing ball of red, slowly sinking below the horizon. Underneath the crimson sky, they could see lights dotting the city; people had started lighting the streetlamps. Myu's eyes sparkled as she took all of it in. She excitedly grabbed Sora's collar and started pointing things out.

Myu: It's amazing, Mister! We're flying through the sky!

Sora: Myu, look over there. There's going to be some huge fireworks soon.

Myu: Fire-works?

Sora: Fireworks are... giant explosions.

Myu: Ex-plo-sions?

Sora couldn't figure out a good way to explain it, but it didn't matter since she'd see for herself in a few seconds. He cradled Myu in one arm as he pulled a ring out of his Time Space Cache with the other. The ring was actually a remote detonator he'd made with spirit stone. While he'd been searching for Myu, he'd left some bombs here and there.

Sora: Alright, here we go. Bombs away~

Myu: Bombs away?

Their voices faded away into the evening breeze. A second later, there was a boom so loud that it could be heard throughout the entire city. The art museum that doubled as an illegal auction hall was blasted to kingdom come. Not a trace remained of the probably beautiful and historic art that had adorned its halls. The surrounding buildings that had all belonged to Freidhof were toppled by the shockwave following the explosion.

He'd shaped the charges upward so the fire wouldn't spread to the rest of the city. Pillars of flame rose up to the heavens, dying the sky a deep crimson, though a different shade than that of the sunset. It looked as if a volcano had erupted in the heart of the city.

Myu: Whaaaaaaaaat!?

Sora: Well, Myu? Surprised? Those are fireworks.

Myu: Fireworks are scary.

Trembling, Myu clung to Sora as she watched the spectacle. However, Sora wasn't done yet. The party was just getting started, after all.

Myu: M-M-Mister! There's something over there!

Sora: It's pretty, isn't it?

Myu: Huh!?

Dark clouds had gathered where Myu was pointing. Four dragons composed of pure lightning burst from the clouds with a thunderous roar, further scaring an already terrified Myu.

Each one was about half the size of Aishia's and Yue's single dragon, but their ferocity hadn't changed at all. The faint of heart passed out at the mere sight of them as they circled above the city.

The four dragons split off from each other, heading to different districts. Chances were, everyone in Fuhren saw them.

They flew majestically through the burning sky, heading for the remaining four major Freidhof bases. Upon reaching their destination, they plummeted to the ground, swallowing the buildings whole.

The ground shook as they struck. There were four blinding flashes of light and with another roar, the four bases were wiped out of existence.

Plumes of smoke rose from the rubble, the debris and ash choking out the light of the setting sun. From up above, the city of Fuhren looked like it had been hit by a disaster.

That being said, Sora had taken great precautions to make sure no innocents were harmed. So despite the destruction, the only casualties had been Freidhof's members.

It was possible some of the members had been forced to join the gang, or maybe could have been reformed, but... Sora didn't feel the need to investigate the individuals of an organization that had made themselves his enemy.

Shea: Sora! Is Myu safe!?

Sora received a telepathic message from Shea as he was surveying the damage. Since he hadn't mentioned the fireworks to her, she had been rather surprised when half the city exploded.

Sora: Yeah. Safe and sound. And it looks like we got most of their bases too... Oh, right, let's all meet up at the adventurer's guild. Ilwa's probably tearing his hair out over how much paperwork this is going to mean for him.

Shea: Oh, thank goodness~ You said we're meeting at the guild? Roger. I'll be right there. I want to hurry up and see Myu.

Sora: Yeah. Don't worry, you'll get to see her real soon. Alright, meet you there.

Shea: You got it.

Myu looked up at Sora as he suddenly fell silent and gazed off into the distance. When he finished his conversation with Shea, he told Myu she'd get to see her soon. Myu exclaimed "Big Sister!" and her face broke out into a smile.

As he descended to the ground, near the guild, Aishia, Yue, Hajime, Shea, and Tio came up to meet him. She'd already seen the kids to the safety department. She stared intently at the little girl in Sora's arms. Myu uncomfortably glanced around before looking up at Sora again. He could guess what the unspoken question in her eyes was.

Sora: Myu, the girl with the pink hair is Aishia. She's my lover.

Myu: Huh? Lover...? What about Big Sister?

Shea: I'm his lover too!

Sora: She's my comrade.

Myu: She's not your lover?

Sora: Nope, she's not.

Shea: Sora!

Myu: But...

Sora: I don't know what else to tell you. Aishia's my lover. And Yue here is my little sister.

Myu: Mrrrr~ him?

Sora: He's Hajime. My best friend.

Myu look at Tio.

Myu: And her?

Hajime: Our pervert.

Myu looked petulantly over at Hajime and the others. Yue hadn't taken her eyes off Myu during that whole exchange. This time Myu met Yue's gaze. She stared at Yue intently, trying to figure out what kind of person she was.

They continued staring at each other for a few minutes. Yue was the first to break contact. She suddenly started walking forward.

Myu watched her cautiously. Yue stopped in front of Sora, took Myu from his hands, and hugged her tight. Myu yelped and struggled to break free of Yue's grasp, but Yue wouldn't let go. After a few seconds, Yue spoke.

Yue: That's cheating. Too cute.

It looked like Yue had taken a liking to Myu. Myu finally managed to wriggle her head out Yue's chest and gasped for air. The two stared at each other once more.

Yue: Hi there, Myu. I'm Yue. You did great, enduring all that. Good job.

Yue's eyes softened and she patted Myu's head.

Her gentle warmth melted away Myu's wariness, and she started bawling in Yue's arms. When Sora had first rescued her, she'd still been too nervous to cry properly. It was only now that she could vent all of her frustration and sadness without worry of what might happen to her.

Sora smiled as he watched the two of them. Once Myu had calmed down, they went to the adventurer's guild.

Ilwa: Fifteen buildings were destroyed, thirty suffered serious damage, and nine of them were completely leveled. On top of that, thirty-eight of Freidhof's members are confirmed dead, forty-four are mortally injured, twenty-eight are seriously injured, and one hundred and nineteen are unaccounted for... Well, what do you have to say for yourself?

Sora: Sorry, but they made themselves my enemy. And they pissed me off, so I crushed them. I don't regret it, either.

Ilwa: Haaaaaaaaaaaah...

They were sitting in the guild's waiting room. Ilwa held a stack of reports in one hand as he glared at Sora. For his part, Sora was sharing the snacks they'd been served with Myu, who was sitting on his lap. Seeing how Sora had no intention of reflecting on his actions, Ilwa let out a tired sigh.

Ilwa: Well, while you may have gone too far, you did destroy a massive criminal organization for us. Honestly speaking, we had no way of dealing with them. They never left any trace of their illegal dealings, and on the off chance we managed to catch a few of their underlings in the act, the main organization would just cut them off. We didn't think it was even possible to put a stop to them. Though this also means the balance of Fuhren's underworld has been completely toppled... Haaah, we're going to be rather busy in the coming weeks. Especially since we offered our support to the safety department.

Sora: Well, normally it's the government's job to handle stuff like this anyway. This time was a special case. They tried to hurt one of my comrades, so I gave them a little payback.

Ilwa: That 'little payback' being destroying Fuhren's largest criminal organization in just half a day? You guys are crazy.

Ilwa smiled bitterly. He looked like he'd aged twenty years in a day. Combining the ten years he'd aged when he first saw everyone's Status Plates, he may as well have turned into an old man by now. Even Sora felt a little bad for putting him through so much, so he offered a suggestion.

Sora: Part of the reason we were so flashy about it was because we wanted to make an example out of them. You know, to make sure no one else would try the same thing. So why not use our names to your benefit? If you say the gold ranked adventurer that did this is part of your branch... wouldn't that work as a good deterrent?

Ilwa: Oh my, is that really alright? That would save us a great deal of trouble but... weren't you the kind of person that hated their name being used by others?

Ilwa looked at Sora in surprise. He sounded hesitant, but his gaze made it clear he was dying to use Sora's name.

Sora: Well, you scratch my back, I scratch yours, right? You've been a great help already, so I don't mind if it's just using my name. If you're smart enough to make it all the way to branch chief, I can trust you'll use it wisely. Plus, I do feel a little bad about getting innocent people involved in our personal vendetta.

Ilwa: I see... Is it just me, or have you changed, Sora? When I first met you, you struck me as the kind of person that didn't care at all about others. Did something happen at Ur?

Sora:Well, I guess you could say that.

Ilwa: Also, about Myu...

Ilwa looked down at the tiny girl who was happily gnawing on a cookie. Myu gave a little start. She looked worriedly between Sora, Aishia, Hajime, Yue, and Shea. She didn't want to be separated from them again. The reason she didn't look over at Tio was because, well, everyone was trying to keep her away from Tio's harmful influence.

Ilwa: Either we can take care of her and send her back to Erisen through the formal routes, or we can make this an official guild request and ask you to take her back... Those are your two options. Well, which do you prefer?

Sora tilted his head in confusion. He had assumed the safety department would have requested he return her to their custody. According to Ilwa's explanation, however, they were willing to let him handle the case if he so desired. Because of his guild ranking, and the fact that he'd destroyed an entire organization to save her, they believed he was trustworthy enough.

Ultimately though, this too was Ilwa's handiwork. It almost seemed as if he was eager to prove how helpful of an ally he could.

Shea: Sora... I promise I'll protect her. So please... let her come with us.

Shea bowed to Sora. She wanted to be there for Myu during her journey home. Hajime, Aishia, Yue and Tio remained silent, deciding to leave the decision up to Sora.

Myu: Mister... please?

She hit Sora with her irresistible puppy-dog eyes. Though she hadn't needed to. From the moment he had sworn to get Myu back, Sora had decided he'd be willing to let her come with them if that was still what she wanted.

Sora: I was planning on taking her with me regardless, so I'm glad you're on board already. Even I couldn't abandon her after all we've been through.

Shea: Sora!

Myu: Mister!

Shea and Myu beamed at him. There was still the little problem of how they were going to clear the Grand Gruen Volcano, which came before Erisen, with Myu in tow, but Sora figured it would work out somehow. He'd decided to take Myu, and that was that.

Sora: But there's just one thing, Myu. Could you stop calling me Mister? Just Sora or Big Brother is fine. It's kind of embarrassing to be called that...

Sora scratched his cheek awkwardly as Myu hugged him. Myu stared at him. After a while, she came to some sort of understanding and nodded. However, her response was something no one present had expected.

Myu: How about Papa?

Everyone then looked completely shocked. Especially the girls.

Sora: Wh-What? Sorry, Myu. I didn't quite catch that. Could you say that again?

Myu: Papa.

Sora: U-Umm, is this like a seaman word for Big Brother or Sora or something?

Myu: Nope. Papa means Papa.

Sora: Okay, hold on a second.

Sora started massaging his temples, while Shea hesitantly asked Myu why she'd chosen to call him daddy of all things. Apparently—

Myu: I don't have a Papa. He went to heaven before I was born. All of my friends have one, but I don't... That's why you're my Papa now, Mister.

Sora: I kind of get it, but at the same time, I kind of don't. Anyway, Myu. I'm begging you, anything but Papa. I'm still only seventeen, you know?

Myu: No, I like Papa!

Sora: Okay, fine. Even Big Brother is okay! I'm not asking for much, so please, just not Papa!

Myu: Nooo! You're my Papa now!

Hajime: Congrats. You just earned yourself a daughter!

Sora: Screw you!

Sora tried everything he could to get her to stop calling him Papa, but he struck out. She seemed to like it even more than Mister, so the name stuck. Finally, Sora gave up. His only choice now was to ask Myu's mother to get her to stop when they finally reached Erisen. Myu had managed to inflict more damage on him than anything else since he'd left the abyss.

Yue: If Big Brother is her Papa, then her Mama would be...

Hajime: Yue! You better not cheat on me too!

Yue: Fufu~

Aishia: The only candidate is me. Since I'm his lover...

Shea: No fair, Aishia! I saved her together with Sora, so that makes me her Mama!

Tio: Oh, you three and your silly ideas. Children learn by imitating their parents. And there's no Mother figure around then my—

Hajime: Shut up you pervert!

Myu: I already have a Mama. I only need one Papa and one Mama.

Girls: Aww~

Hajime: Yue dear~ why are you depressed as well? Sora you bastard!!

Sora: Karma bitch!

Once there, a heated debate began over who would become Myu's "mama." In the meantime, Hajime tied Tio up and hid her somewhere so she couldn't be a bad influence on Myu. Naturally, Tio saw her punishment as a reward. In the end, it seemed Myu only wanted to call her real mother mama, so Aishia, Yue, Shea, and Tio all became Big Sisters. While Hajime became Big Brother.

(Timeskip)

The next morning, Sora said his goodbyes to everyone who'd come to see him off. Ilwa, the people at the safety department, and the Cudeta family. He looked just like a real father, carrying Myu on his shoulders. She was happily hugging his head as he grabbed her legs to make sure she didn't fall off. Today was the day the monster of the abyss became a father. And so, his adventures continued, now with a daughter in tow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.4K 1.4K 30
An: Similar to the original but with a few twists. Izuku Yagi was a student of Union Academy. He was happy about his life within the school of his dr...
27.6K 1.1K 29
FINISHED!!! a girl crushed by gravity; a boy who feels lighter than air. otsuka ayano's life is far from perfect, despite her perfect grades, well-p...
16.8K 287 11
Izuku is a transfer student who came to school late he refused to stay at the dorms he adopted eri she stays with him they are in there 3rd year izuk...
43.3K 1.3K 13
Violence only creates more violence, reckless actions get people killed, remember who you are. Now, Y/n Aizawa and his class strive to become heroes...