Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City
Chapter 84: Return of the King
Chapter 85: A Glimpse of the End

Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2

1.9K 44 39
By Matt-From-Wii

3rd Person POV:

(Y/n) was cursing at everything. The Reach for sending a battalion's worth of soldiers and Green Beetle, Robin for getting knocked out early in the fight, Nightwing for the full Team not being here and himself for not bringing enough explosives.

(Y/n) and Robin started their defence at the airstrip, the pair began slowly moving back closer and closer to Zatanna and Rocket as the battle dragged out. Now (Y/n) was actually dragging an unconscious Robin by his cape as seeker mines detonated in the distance, covering the pair's escape to a better position.

(Y/n): "Oh I'm going to sleep for a week when this is over!"

(Y/n) continued to complain as ISAC informed him that the hostiles were advancing. The agent dragged Robin back behind a pillar and moved up to what remained of an ancient wall. He could now see Zatanna and Rocket, he knew he couldn't fall back again without exposing Rocket and Zatanna to direct fire from the Reach soldiers.

(Y/n): "Rocket, kindly remind Zee that we're on the clock and I can't hold these guys off forever."

Rocket: "Hey, Zee. We're on the clock here... yeah I have no idea if she can hear me."

(Y/n): "Great... just great."

Green Beetle and the Reach soldiers advanced to (Y/n)'s old position, only to be met with pre-placed explosives that dealt with the majority of the Reach soldiers in a brutal explosion. (Y/n) emerged from behind a pillar and shot the remaining soldiers before turning his attention to Green Beetle.

(Y/n) forced a weak smile as he knew the Ambassador would be watching.

(Y/n): "Give up. You can't possibly win."

Green Beetle didn't say anything. His arm changed to a plasma cannon in a split second and shot at (Y/n). The plasma bolt hit the ground at the agent's feet and sent him crashing back onto the sand covered stone floor of the temple.

(Y/n) groaned as Green Beetle lifted him up using his telepathic powers and brought him to his knees in front of the Reach warrior.

Green Beetle raised his arm above (Y/n), it was converted into a sword and the Beetle swung down at the agent. (Y/n) had managed to pull out his ballistic shield and blocked the slash. Green's arm lodged itself in the shield, cutting halfway through and stopping inches short of the agent's arm.

Before either could strike Wonder Girl appeared and sent a devastating punch to Green Beetle's face. The warrior crashed into a pillar and it collapsed on top of him. Am exhausted (Y/n) looked up to see Beast Boy, Bumblebee and Wonder Girl.

Wonder Girl: "Looks like you could use some help."

(Y/n): "I had everything under control."

Bumblebee: "Right, and what makes you think that?"

(Y/n): "I'm a professional."

The group groaned as (Y/n) smiled and chuckled at their collective annoyance.

Beast Boy: "How are we supposed to beat him?! We've been kicked around by almost every Beetle we've fought."

(Y/n): "Almost? I wasn't aware you guys won or even forced a draw against a Beetle for that matter."

Bumblebee: "You are so not helping right now!"

(Y/n): "Relax. Draw him in, I only need to land one shot. Keep him off balance until I hit him... go!"

The Team rushed to fight Green as (Y/n) pulled out his sticky thermite launcher. He loaded the explosive thermite round in the gadget and ran to catch up with the group.

Zatanna's eyes shot open, glowing a light blue. Both her hands outstretched towards Blue.

Zatanna: "Ho yhtgim Sisi fo eht citsym baracs, evig em ruoy rewop!"

A small gem in the shape of a beetle broke off a nearby pillar and flew to Zatanna, attaching itself to her forehead and glowing the same colour as her eyes on contact.

The floor of the small platform Zatanna and Blue were on started glowing bright blue as the god Isis appeared behind Zatanna, glowing the same colour.

Zatanna: "Tcurtsnocer siht elpmet!"

Blue Beetle and Rocket were starstruck as the temple began rebuilding itself to its once former beauty.

The Team wasn't having much fun. (Y/n) noticed the walls of the temple light up as rocks flew all around him, reconstructing the 4000 year old temple.

The group knew they didn't have much time to get Green Beetle in place if they wished to free him.

(Y/n): "We're out of time! Wonder Girl, wrap him up!"

Wonder Girl: "On it!"

Wonder Girl flew around Green Beetle only to be shot down by his sonic cannon. (Y/n) cursed rather loudly and shot Green with a sticky thermite charge.

The Beetle screamed and tried to pull it off as the fire ignited.

"Need some help mate?"

(Y/n) acted on instinct. Spinning and leveling his rifle at the unknown voice.

"Get that bloody thing out of my face, I'm here to help."

(Y/n): "Who the fuck are you?!"

"The names John Constantine and if you'll let me I can help save the burning martian."

(Y/n) lowered his rifle and stepped back, not fully trusting the random appearance of someone who looks like they crawled out of a bar fight, but he let the stranger step forward nonetheless.

Constantine shot a ball of fire at Green Beetle, on contact the fire grew and quickly consumed the Reach warrior.

The fire died down just as fast and Green was gone. He appeared in a puff of purple fire on the center of the platform standing in front of Zatanna.

(Y/n): "YOU IDIOT! SHE'S DEFENCELESS!"

Constantine: "Then save her you prick."

(Y/n) broke into a sprint towards the platform. Constantine snapped his fingers and fire consumed (Y/n). The agent closed his eyes briefly out of reflex and when he opened them he was beside Zatanna. His gear had safeguarded him from the majority of the magic fire but his face was exposed, resulting in a very small burn on his left cheek.

Zatanna: "Tekcor, won!"

Blue: "Fools, you will all die!"

(Y/n) stepped in front of Zatanna and deployed what remained of his shield.

Zatanna: "Esnaelc eseht snoipmahc!"

Both Beetles shot their plasma cannons at (Y/n). The impact sent him crashing to the ground beneath Zatanna. Before the Beatles could capitalize on their advantage a blinding beam of bright blue energy shot up from the platform, encompassing both Beetles in the magic energy.

When the energy cleared Zatanna gasped and her concentration broke. She fell, completely exhausted and landed on the hard stone platform. The magician was completely drained of energy but still managed to shield her head when she fell.

Zatanna quietly cursed as she rolled to her side and saw (Y/n) laying beside her. She noticed the scorch marks on his gear and the small burn on his cheek and her worry peaked, despite being in almost worse shap herself.

(Y/n): "I thought I told you to watch your language."

A massive smile formed (Y/n)'s face as Zatanna let out a small childish giggle.

Zatanna: "How on Earth did you burn yourself?"

Constantine: "That was my doing, love. I forget we all aren't as durable in the mystic arts as you and I are."

Zatanna shot up, (Y/n) unholstered his sidearm and aimed it at Constantine while still laying on the ground. The rest of the Team and Rocket arrived behind the strange man as the two Beetles began to wake up.

Constantine: "A most impressive showing, you truly are a magnificent wielder of magic."

Robin: "Are you sure it worked? And who's this guy?"

Zatanna: "I'm sure it worked. Laever ohw slortnoc ruoy sbaracs..."

The armour on Blue and Green retracted revealing Jaime and B'arzz O'oomm. 

Constantine: "Magnificent."

Zatanna: "They're in control of their own bodies again. Who are you?"

Constantine: "I've worked with Batman on a few mystic cases in the past. I sensed the massive use of mystic energy and thought it would be worth investigating."

Robin: "He's never mentioned you."

Constantine: "I asked him not to keep a record. I'm not trying to join your superhero club."

Zatanna: "Let's start with your name and how you know us."

Zatanna helped (Y/n) up and he made sure to keep his handgun pointed at the strange man.

Constantine: "I don't. I recognize you two from television, Justice Leaguers are rather memorable. I know of Robin from my time working with Batman and the war criminal from television."

(Y/n): "A hostile alien race accused me of war crimes on national television after I decimated their invasion fleet. What were you doing while I was attempting to save the world? By the look of you I'd say getting shit faced in a bar or throwing up in an alley."

Constantine: "As a matter of fact, prick, I was in a bar fight before coming here. But now that I am here, how about I expand your horizons of magic. There is so much you don't know and I doubt your father will be around to teach you."

Zatanna recoiled back and (Y/n) tightened his grip on his handgun. With his free hand he grabbed Zatanna's and she squeezed it to the point where he almost told her to let go.

Zatanna: "How do you know about my father?!"

Constantine: "Relax love, once you get connected to the mystic world enough you'll be able to feel disturbances. One such disturbance was the reappearance of Dr. Fate, and the subsequent disappearance of a magician as powerful as Zatara. I'll show you, it's what your father would be doing if he was here."

Zatanna: "What do you get out of it?"

Constantine: "Well, I'll get to spend some time with you and we'll get to know eachother."

(Y/n) was fighting the urge to kill Constantine. He wanted nothing more than to set ISAC loose on him. Zatanna on the other hand wanted to set Constantine on fire, everything about this guy felt wrong to them.

Zatanna: "Yeah no. I'm quite fond of the hero you call a war criminal, the last thing I want to do is spend time with you, much less alone with you. I'll figure out anything I have left to learn on my own, and I don't think there's anything you can teach me anyway."

Constantine frowned and dropped his cigar onto the sand covered floor.

Constantine: "I'll stop bye when you realize you want to learn everything I know... and who knows, by then you may want to spend some time with me."

Zatanna: "Don't hold your breath, creep."

Constantine disappeared in a massive flash of purple fire with a snap of his fingers. Everyone was stunned at the whole ordeal. When ISAC finally notified (Y/n) that hostile forces were massing nearby they decided that it was a good time to leave.

(Y/n): "Jaime, are you alright?"

Jaime: "Yeah... I'm ready to head home."

*Small Time Skip*

As the group flew home on the Super-Cycle, Zatanna tended to (Y/n)'s small burn despite his protests. Robin explained to Blue how Batgirl and (Y/n) came across the temple on another mission and it piqued her interest. Then how he and Batgirl found out the history of the scarab and how Dr. Fate translated the ancient scripture.

Zatanna grabbed a medical cloth and soaked it in iodine before pressing it against (Y/n)'s skin.

Blue Beetle: "So... why keep this from me?"

(Y/n): "Are you kidding? We couldn't risk the Reach finding out...OW!"

Zatanna: "Sorry. Oh and Jaime, it took months for me to learn the ritual. And not to mention configure the ancient Bialyian incantations to work in concert with my magic."

A small holographic screen appeared at the front of the Super-Cycle as the group called Impulse who was now recovering in the Warehouse with Batgirl.

Batgirl: "Hey guys. How'd it go?"

Robin: "It went perfectly."

Impulse: "So... Blue. You're all good?"

Blue Beetle: "Oh yeah. I can't believe you managed to keep your mouth shut about all this."

Impulse: "Hey, making sure you stayed a hero was one of the main reasons I came back to the past. So I was motivated to take my mouth off-mode, don't you get used to it now."

(Y/n): "What was the other?"

Impulse almost jumped out of his seat and awkwardly stared away from the camera for a few seconds.

Impulse: "W-well u-uuhhh.... It was stopping Flash from dying in Central City and stopping you from dying on that aircraft carrier."

(Y/n): "You mean when I fought Black Beetle one on one and Fate bailed me out."

Impulse: "Yeah, sorry. I was about to help and then-"

(Y/n): "It's fine. I had the situation under con-OW! Zee!"

Zatanna slapped iodine on the burn with the intention of making it sting. She smiled as (Y/n) twitched and tried to squirm out of her grasp.

Zatanna: "Yeah I was there. You may be a professional but that situation was anything but under control."

(Y/n): "Okay... I'll admit it. I may have been in over my head."

Zatanna gently kissed the agent and he melted into the magician's hold, letting out a long and exhausted moan against her soft lips. The two lovers were completely exhausted and soon passed out in eachothers arms.

*Small Time Skip*

Zatanna and (Y/n) were dropped off at their apartment and after briefly discussing the strange appearance of Constantine, decided to forget all about it and make dinner.

After dinner (Y/n) cleaned up and put everything away while Zatanna had a quick shower. When Zatanna came out from their bedroom she used a quick spell to dry her hair and pulled (Y/n) to the couch.

Zatanna turned on the tv to some random channel for background noise before pushing (Y/n) down onto the couch and straddling him. (Y/n)'s face flushed red as Zatanna bit her bottom lip while running her hands under his shirt, feeling his chest and keeping him pinned on the couch.

(Y/n): "Zee, I don't think we-"

Zatanna: "Shhh. I love it when you cook."

Zatanna's eyes told (Y/n) that she wasn't going to take "no" for an answer. Her lustful gaze caused the agent's words to get caught in his throat as Zatanna lowered herself down onto his chest, eyeing his lips the entire time.

Zatanna pressed her lips against (Y/n)'s and let out a soft moan as the agent brought his hands to her back. (Y/n) swiftly caved in to Zatanna's lustful state and broke their kiss to tear off her sweater before taking off his own.

By the time (Y/n) managed to take off his sweater Zatanna had grown impatient and thrown herself into her man the second the opportunity presented itself. The two lovers crashed back down onto the couch, making out and moaning into eachothers mouths. 

In the elevator a girl stands alone. She has brown eyes and long brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and has some freckles on either side of her face. The girl is incredibly nervous to meet her new mentor.

The girl, Traci Thurston, was rescued by Black Canary and Zatanna a few months ago when her own magic got out of control and she began trashing most of Rhode Island. Black Canary and Zatanna agreed to train Traci until she was confident enough with her own abilities to join the team.

Traci was having trouble controlling her powers so sought out the help of Zatanna once again, finding out her address from Black Canary.

Traci and her lizard Leory made it all the way to Zatanna and (Y/n)'s door without harming anyone or breaking anything. Traci felt the all too familiar feeling of her bad luck magic taking hold once again and though she desperately fought to contain it, she failed.

Traci's hand was suddenly encompassed in dark purple magic and dissipated just as fast, shooting out towards the door.

Traci braced for something horrible to happen. Then  the door unlocked and slowly opened a few inches. Traci let out a massive sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from her forehead.

Inside the apartment, Zatanna and (Y/n) had no idea Traci was at their front door. The combination of the tv and their shared moans drowned out the sound of the door opening.

Zatanna was in a lust filled trance. She couldn't stop moaning out as (Y/n) sucked on her neck and focused on her weak spot.

Zatanna: "Oohhh yes! Mhmmm ahh ohhh! Don't you dare stop!"

(Y/n) swiftly pried his lips from Zatanna's neck and moved to the other side. Zatanna let out a long soft moan when (Y/n)'s lips reconnected with her skin.

Neither Zatanna or (Y/n) heard the footsteps approaching. The two lovers were violently ripped out of their heavenly bliss by Traci gasping.

Traci: "Zatanna?!"

Zatanna was too shocked to speak but (Y/n) reacted instantly. He shot up off the couch and pulled Zatanna up with him, keeping her chest pressed against his and his arm securing her in place. Zatanna was still in her bra and shorts with (Y/n) in just his shorts.

(Y/n) kept Zatanna in his embrace so she wouldn't be exposed to this stranger that just appeared in their living room.

(Y/n): "Who the hell are you?!"

Zatanna: "Traci what are you doing here?!"

Traci: "I-I need help. It's getting worse!"

(Y/n): "Zee who is this and why is she in our living room?!"

Zatanna: "Traci do you mind turning around so I can get dressed."

Traci: "O-oh yeah, sure. Sorry."

(Y/n) finally let Zatanna go and she quickly grabbed the first sweater she could, which happened to be (Y/n)'s.

(Y/n) groaned at the interruption of his time with Zatanna and walked back to the bedroom to grab another sweater.

Traci: "W-who's that and what were you doing?"

Zatanna crossed her arms and glared at the girl. Despite her angered appearance, Zatanna was incredibly embarrassed. She was caught making out, almost naked and moaning by the girl she was supposed to be mentoring into a hero.

Zatanna: "That is (Y/n) and this is our home."

(Y/n) returned and looked incredibly annoyed with this random girl that somehow knew Zatanna.

(Y/n): "Okay, now that my night is officially ruined. I would like to know who you are and what you're doing here."

*Small Time Skip*

After Zatanna explained the incident where she and Black Canary rescued Traci and how she's agreed to train her, (Y/n) offered the terrified girl a drink to help calm her down. Zatanna and (Y/n) also swore Traci to secrecy, determined to not have anyone find out about what Traci walked in on them doing.

Traci: "I-I didn't realize you have your own place. I thought you'd live here with your parents or something..."

Zatanna sighed and (Y/n) sat down beside her on the couch.

(Y/n): "Both of our parents are gone. My job in the... state department, allowed me to get this apartment for us."

Traci: "Ok... I think I've seen you on tv before."

(Y/n) and Zatanna share an awkward glance before sighing in unison. It took Traci a few moments but she pieced everything together.

Traci: "Wait, that watch... You're a Division agent aren't you?! I've heard about you!"

(Y/n): "Yes. I'm a Division agent. I've been working with the Justice League for a while now."

Traci: "That's so cool!"

(Y/n): "Thanks. I'll let you two focus on your magic and go make some food for you."

(Y/n) got up and made his way to the kitchen. As he was preparing a few sandwiches for the group he watched how good Zatanna was with Traci. How she comforted her until she was calm enough to use her magic. Zatanna demonstrated how to properly keep control of her magic and within moments Traci was mimicking her moves with some success.

(Y/n)'s mind began to wander as he finished making the last sandwich. He was incredibly proud of Zatanna for taking on a protégé and making time to help this poor girl.

(Y/n) brought the food over to Zatanna and Traci as they finished their exercises and Traci got control over her powers once again.

Zatanna: "You're getting stronger. We'll have to move you up a level soon."

(Y/n): "Here, you two look like you've worked up an appetite."

Traci: "Oh, you don't have to do this. I should leave. I ruined your evening..."

(Y/n): "No no, it's fine. Eat, all magic takes energy and it usually comes from within. With your magic being on the fritz and then the training here, you must be starving."

Traci: "Thank you so much."

Zatanna smiled at (Y/n) as she and Traci devoured the small sandwiches. The exhausted agent stood up and grabbed some water for the girls.

(Y/n): "Traci it's a bit late so you can stay the night, Zatanna and I will take you home in the morning."

Traci: "Thank you. Thank you for everything."

Zatanna: "It's no problem Traci, we're both happy to help."

The three spent the night watching movies. Zatanna snuggled up next to (Y/n) and rested her head on his shoulder.

As the movie ended the three began cleaning up and dragging the spare mattress out for Traci to sleep on.

Zatanna: "I'll get some blankets for you, the bathroom is just down the hall to the left."

Before Traci could respond someone knocked on the door softly. The three were completely silent and frozen in place until that same person pounded on the door.

Traci whispered at her mentor whose gaze was focused on (Y/n) as he moved towards a picture of a lake house hanging on the wall.

Traci: "Who could that be? It's 1:40!"

(Y/n): "No one good. Zee, take Traci back to the bedroom and call Nightwing, he's usually up around this time. Tell him to get here as fast as possible, I've got a bad feeling about this."

(Y/n) took off the picture and typed in a code on the keypad hidden behind the picture. The wall suddenly swung open to reveal an MP7, a plate carrier and several magazines of ammunition. (Y/n) put the vest on and grabbed the gun before swiftly moving to the door.

As Zatanna pulled Traci to the bedroom, (Y/n) took cover behind the closest corner to the front door while whispering to ISAC.

(Y/n): "ISAC, unlock and open the front door."

(Y/n) tightened his grip on the gun as the door slowly opened. The air seemed to get colder but (Y/n) was convinced that was just his imagination. 

He heard the growling before he saw it.

When the door fully opened (Y/n) was staring at a Hunter with a blood stained combat axe in his hand.

(Y/n): "Take another step and it will be your last. What do you want?"

The Hunter suddenly rushed (Y/n). The agent backed up as fast as he could and opened fire. The bullets lodged themselves in the Hunter's massive body armour but barely slowed the monster down. The Hunter's first strike knocked the gun clean out of (Y/n)'s hands.

(Y/n) ducked under the Hunter's next swing and punched him across the face. The Hunter growled out a laugh as (Y/n) managed to grab a small knife from the counter to defend himself with.

The Hunter's boots echoed throughout the apartment as he stormed closer to the agent. When the Hunter got close enough he struck, swinging down at (Y/n) and almost catching the agent. (Y/n) slashed the Hunters wrists and caused him to drop the axe, which (Y/n) caught a split second later.

Zatanna: "(Y/n)!"

(Y/n): "A little help Zee!"

The Hunter pinned (Y/n) up against the fridge and started choking him. (Y/n) brought the axe up to the Hunter's neck in response.

Crimson: "Enough."

The Hunter holding (Y/n) let him go and the agent gasped before coughing and staggering towards his gun on the living room floor. He stopped in the middle of the apartment when he saw Crimson with two additional Hunters pointing their guns at Zatanna and Traci.

Traci was understandably terrified and Zatanna did her best to keep herself infront of Traci, shielding her from the Hunters.

Crimson: "Drop the axe and get over there beside your witch so I can keep an eye on you."

(Y/n) did as he was ordered and moved in front of Zatanna and Traci, shielding them from the Hunters.

(Y/n): "Stay close and keep behind me. It's going to be alright."

Crimson laughed. It sent chills through Traci and Zatanna but only angered (Y/n).

Crimson: "Oh why would you lie to them? You should teach your young protégé that whenever I show up, it will never be alright."

(Y/n): "What do you want?"

Crimson: "To kill you and everyone you love."

(Y/n)'s eyes darted to the MP7 on the floor. He knew he could make it and probably kill the two Hunters with guns but not before they shot Zatanna or Traci.

(Y/n): "I killed the last psychotic lunatic that talked like that."

Crimson: "I never said I was going to do it right now. The Clairvoyant wants you alive for now, so you'll stay that way."

(Y/n): "Since when do you take orders from anyone?"

Crimson: "I don't, I'm sure you'll figure out why I'm sticking around soon enough."

(Y/n): "You're insane."

As the conversation was drawing to a close (Y/n) was desperately trying to figure out a way out of this situation that kept everyone alive. He was really hoping Nightwing would be here by now.

Almost on cue, the Hunter behind Crimson dropped to the ground with a deafening thud. Crimson spun around just in time to revive a kick to the face from the former Robin.

Zatanna: "Dleihs!"

As (Y/n) dove for his gun Zatanna created a magical shield that protected her and Traci from the short barrage of bullets the Hunters unleashed. By the time (Y/n) grabbed his gun and stood up a split second later the Hunters had dropped a smoke pellet and disappeared.

(Y/n): "Zee, Traci?! Are you two alright?!"

Zatanna: "Yeah... yeah we're good."

Traci: "WHAT WAS THAT?!"

(Y/n) sighed and went to make sure Zatanna and Traci weren't injured. Nightwing shut the front door after attempting to chase the Hunters but found no trace of them in the hallway. Nightwing found a small thumb drive gently placed on the floor by the front door and immediately picked it up before rushing back to make sure everyone was okay.

(Y/n): "Welcome to your life as a hero, there's no going back now."

Traci: "W-who were those people."

(Y/n): "Those are the Hunters. Really bad people and they're far more dangerous than me."

Nightwing: "Look, they left this behind."

(Y/n): "Alright, time to get the Team and gear up. We will drop Traci off at her home and meet up with the Team in Blüdhaven."

*Small Time Skip*

Zatanna, Nightwing and (Y/n) arrived at the Warehouse and met up with the entire team. By the time (Y/n) had explained what the Hunters are, but carefully leaving out the part about him briefly joining them, Nightwing had connected the thumb drive to the Warehouses computer.

Nightwing: "The only thing on the drive is a video file, knowing these guys, this may be graphic."

Nightwing played the video file and everyone froze with fear, their eyes glued to the screen as they watched the security recording of the Hunters attack on the Manta Flyer.

Wonder Girl: "Oh my god... that's Artemis... right?"

Nightwing: "Y-yes..."

Most of the Team turned away when the door fell on Artemis. (Y/n) and Zatanna couldn't take their eyes off the screen. They were stuck watching in horror as Crimson assaulted Kaldur and Artemis until they couldn't defend themselves and then continued the assault.

(Y/n): "I'm going to kill him. If it's the last thing I do."

The recording ended as Crimson took the glamour charm, leaving Artemis completely exposed for whoever would find them.

Zatanna: "No no no no! Savage will kill them! We have to rescue them!"

Nightwing: "W-we have no idea where they are. We have no way of finding them."

(Y/n): "I'll use ISAC, maybe there is some hidden file in the drive."

(Y/n) started scanning the file, the Team just stood in complete silence. The brutality of the assault scared everyone.

The room was completely silent until ISAC shattered the silence.

ISAC: "Coordinates retrieved."

(Y/n): "There, ISAC managed to pull a set of coordinates from the thumb drive. Crimson wanted us to find these. I have no idea what we will be walking into."

Nightwing: "I need to tell Wally."

(Y/n): "M'gann get the bio-ship. We will pick up Wally and head to these coordinates. Hopefully we will find something."

Nightwing pulled (Y/n) aside as the Team slowly gathered their gear without speaking a word.

Nightwing: "I... I don't want to send the Team to fight the Hunters. You said it yourself, they are more dangerous than you. I don't think the Team can handle it and I don't want to lose anyone."

(Y/n): "Noble squad is out of action, they're still recovering from the Warworld. We are the only ones who can do this, at least bring Miss Martian, Superboy, Batgirl and Wonder Girl. Those three are experienced or strong enough to survive. We will grab Wally and head to wherever Crimson wants us to go."

Nightwing agreed with (Y/n) but the two weren't able to convince the rest of the Team to sit this mission out. Before long everyone was in the bio-ship and heading to pick up Wally.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) POV:

I didn't want to tell Wally. I feel like this is all my fault. If I didn't reach out to the Hunters in desperation then maybe they wouldn't be doing this.

Despite my hesitation I knew it had to be me. The Hunters caused this and that means it's my mess. My friends are being tortured or worse and it's my fault. With or without the Team, I've got to fix this.

Nightwing, Batgirl, Zatanna and I knocked on Wally's front door. When he opened he instantly realized something had gone terribly wrong.

Wally: "No. No no no."

Nightwing stepped forward and tried to stop Wally from closing the door. That was the worst possible thing he could've done. The second Nightwing put his foot in the door Wally threw the door open in the blink of an eye and punched Nightwing across the jaw before I could even comprehend it happened.

Nightwing crumbled to the ground as I stormed past Batgirl and hugged Wally as he started screaming.

(Y/n): "Stop, stop."

Wally: "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

Zatanna: "Wally, please. We need to show you something."

Wally didn't want to watch the video but he sat through the whole horrifying recording hoping that someone would rush in and rescue Artemis. I was hoping it would end differently. Or maybe I'd wake up and realize this was all a terrible dream.

Without warning, Wally stormed off to the kitchen. Batgirl and Zatanna tried to stop him but he brushed right past them.

Nightwing: "We don't know that she's dead Wally! We can still save her, that's why we're here!"

(Y/n): "We'll get her back, just like you helped me. But don't let yourself get swallowed up by the anger, don't make the same mistake I did."

Wally: "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT!"

Everyone recoiled back as Wally approached me. He got right in my face and continued yelling.

Wally: "YOU CAUSED THIS! THEY'RE AFTER YOU! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

(Y/n): "I don't know Wally. They're insane murderers, you know that. But I promise we will get her back. Just please, don't give up hope and keep being the man Artemis knows will come to her rescue."

The rage in Wally's eyes faded away and I could see his true emotions. He's terrified. The fear is overwhelming.

(Y/n): "We are going to get her back. You two will go back into retirement and be happy together. I promise. Now let's go rescue our friends."

————————————————————————

Western Mongolia, there is almost nothing here. In that vast emptiness is a small mountain that the coordinates took us too. We've been staring down at this mountain from the safety of the bio-ship for about an hour now and Wally was way past ready to get things started.

Wally: "This is taking way too long! What are we waiting for anyway?! Artemis could be down there suffering!"

(Y/n): "We will get Artemis and Kaldur back but rushing in blind will only get us killed. We still have no idea who's down there, so we wait for ISAC to get the schematics and then we find a way in."

*Small Time Skip*

We managed to find a small hatch that leads into this facility. We observed several League of Shadows members climbing in so we know that this facility isn't run by the Hunters and honestly, that's a major relief.

When we arrived at the hatch I took up the position closest to it with Wally and Nightwing by my side.

(Y/n): "ISAC, open the hatch."

ISAC: "Unable to "open the hatch", override failed."

(Y/n): "Piece of shit wrist watch! Ok everyone stand back."

As the Team backed up I stepped forward and placed a very large explosive charge on the hatch.

Wonder Girl: "What are you doing?"

(Y/n): "It's times like these when I ask myself, what would Kelso do?"

Beast Boy: "Okay? What would Kelso do?"

(Y/n): "She'd blow up the fucking hatch."

I smiled and tried to give off as much confidence as I could for Wally. Once I detonated the explosive the hatch shot into the facility and alarms rang out.

I was the first into the hatch and quickly shot the only League of Shadows guard in the hallway.

The hallway was dimly lit and made entirely out of metal. Red alarm lights were spread down the hallway, flashing and briefly covering everything in a red glow before disappearing.

The Team had now assembled behind me and I could tell Wally was fighting the urge to rush off and find Artemis, if she was even here.

(Y/n): "Listen up, stay in your groups and move slow. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast."

We started moving through the facility with ISAC guiding us. Soon we split up and I gave every group a drone so that ISAC could guide them through the maze of hallways.

Before long it was just Wonder Girl, Robin and I. We've covered a lot of ground and haven't found anything useful. A few storage rooms or rooms full of guards. There is still no sign of Artemis and I'm starting to get worried.

Wonder Girl: "How massive is this place?!"

Robin: "Just stay on guard. We could get ambushed at any point."

ISAC: "Communications relay detected."

We turned a corner and saw a large metal door at the end of the hallway. We quickly ran up to it and ISAC unlocked the door.

I stepped into the room and leveled my rifle at the only figure in the room. Even though his back was facing me I know exactly who he is. Vandal Savage.

I haven't forgotten what he did to Zatanna, and I'm going to kill him for it.

He slowly turned to face me as the people on the various video screens took notice of my appearance behind Savage. Queen Bee, Lex Luthor, Ra's al Ghul, Black Manta and the Brain.

Queen Bee: "Oh, young agent. How we've been looking forward to meeting you."

(Y/n): "Where is she?!"

Wonder Girl: "Vanguard maybe we should-! Oh Hera!"

Savage: "Vanguard, how did you find this place?"

(Y/n): "Where are Artemis and Kaldur! Spill it or I swear to god I'll paint those monitors with your blood!"

Black Manta: "My son will be taught discipline and respect! Artemis will die for her interference and her death will be as painful as possible and will serve as a warning to all you heroes, stay out of our way!"

(Y/n): "If Artemis is dead, then I will kill every last one of you in the same way."

Queen Bee: "Please boy, you will be under our control soon enough. Ms. Zatara will be begging for your freedom, and when she is broken we will use you to crush the rest of your pitiful family."

This conversation is meaningless. They are trying to stall us.

Savage opened his mouth to speak and I didn't even comprehend his sentence. He made some additional threat to Zatanna and I, saying how Artemis is suffering as Zatanna did and if I'm not careful he will hurt Zatanna again. I didn't even let him finish. The second time he said Zatanna's name something in me snapped.

My rifle moved over to aim at his shoulder and I fired one shot. The blood splattered across the monitors and Savage collapsed in a pain filled grunt.

Savage: "Think very carefully about what you do next agent."

(Y/n): "Artemis and Kaldur. Where are they? I won't ask again."

One by one the monitors of the other Light members switched off. We were left in a dark room with Savage at my feet. It was taking all my strength to not empty my magazine into his chest.

Savage: "Kaldur is with his father. Artemis is here. Though you won't get to her in time and your other friends have most likely reached dead ends. Artemis is through that hatch, clinging to life and praying that you heroes will find her. At least she was, I've all but broken her now. Just like Zatanna."

I rushed Savage with my knife drawn. Without warning or hesitation I smashed it into his leg. Blood started leaking out and coating his blue suit. He let out a sharp yell but quickly silenced himself and smiled at me.

A bright red glow overtook the room as Klarion appeared out of Savage's ring. I tried to shield myself but Klarion is way too fast. The magical blast sent me crashing into the wall. Wonder Girl and Robin stepped forward to defend me and were met with another blast.

The lightning fast attack struck Robin's leg and he flipped in the air before slamming into the wall on the opposite side of the room.

Wonder Girl: "ROBIN!"

Wonder Girl had her attention focused on Robin and when she was distracted Klarion attacked. Klarion rushed up to Wonder Girl and grabbed her neck, lifting her up in the air and choking her.

I finally managed to push myself up and aimed my handgun at Savage.

(Y/n): "Klarion. Take Savage, and go..."

Klarion snapped his fingers and in a blink of an eye both he and Savage were gone.

Wonder Girl rushed to check on Robin and I collapsed to the ground. As I caught my breath I noticed a small hatch a few feet in front of me.

With every bit of strength I could muster, I pushed myself up and limped forward to the hatch.

I didn't even wait for Wonder Girl and Robin to pick themselves up. I threw open the hatch and jumped down to the floor below. I instantly recognized the room. It's a dungeon just like the one Nightwing, Wally and I found in Spain when rescuing Zatanna.

The lights started flickering and cut out, leaving me in the dark. I took out a flashlight and started clearing the cells as my headset started to screech. The voice sounded like Nightwing but something was scrambling the signal. I couldn't make out a word he was trying to say.

(Y/n): "ISAC, see if you can clear up our comms."

I turned and checked one of the last cells in the dark and damp hall, I wasn't prepared to find her.

Artemis is hanging from chains wrapped around her wrists. Her Tigress outfit is completely covered in her blood to the point where I can barely see the original colours. Her body is covered in cuts, more than Zatanna had when she was captive.

I lowered her to the ground and released the chains from her wrists. Artemis was clinging onto consciousness and probably life. She started crying as I laid her down on her back.

Artemis: "No... please no more. I-I can't... no please..."

(Y/n): "Hey! Hey Artemis, it's me! It's (Y/n)!"

Artemis refused to open her eyes. She kept her eyes squeezed shut until I finished wrapping her many injuries. She slowly opened her watery eyes and began sobbing when she saw my face illuminated by my flashlight and ISAC's soft orange glow.

Artemis: "O-oh god... (Y/n). I-I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

(Y/n): "Hey hey, it's okay. I've got you. We're getting out of here."

Artemis was crying as I helped her up. I can't even imagine how much pain she's in. I carried her bridal style towards the hatch I dropped down minutes ago. She continued sobbing the whole way.

(Y/n): "Hey hey, it's okay. I brought Wally and the entire Team. Zatanna's here as well. We are going to get you home."

Artemis mumbled out a "thank you" when she got her breathing under control.

ISAC: "Communications restored."

(Y/n): "This is Vanguard to all points. I've found her, repeat, I've found her."

Within three seconds Wally was at the hatch. Wonder Girl dropped down and flew Artemis up to Wally who instantly pulled Artemis into his embrace. Wonder Girl then dropped down and helped me up.

Wally: "I never should've let you do this. I'm so, so sorry, Artemis."

Artemis: "P-please hold me. I love you."

Wally: "I love you too."

————————————————————————

*Small Time Skip*

3rd Person POV:

Alani Kelso was strapping on her body armour in the back of an Osprey that was heading towards Gotham City.

Ortega: "I can't even tell you how bad of an idea this is."

Kelso: "Jeez Manny, grow up. I'm a professional, it'll be fine."

Ortega: "You died on your last solo mission. You shouldn't be doing this at all and you should have a squad with you."

Kelso rolled her eyes as she strapped on the last of her gear and grabbed her rifle.

Ortega: "At least wear a helmet."

Kelso: "I told you, I'm a professional."

The red light in the cabin turned on, signalling that Kelso has under a minute until they reach the landing zone.

Ortega: "Doing this alone won't be easy and they outnumber you by about 35-1."

Kelso: "Manny, if the job was easy, it wouldn't be any fun."

The ramp lowered and Kelso walked out onto a rooftop overlooking the port in Gotham City.

Ever since Kaldur's attack on the Cave resulted in the Manta Flyer being heavily damaged, Black Manta's organization has lacked a lot of the spare parts and supplies they enjoyed having a surplus of before they kidnapped Zatanna.

As a result Black Manta has been forced to surface his large Manta Sub and arrange the black market purchase of new parts and weapons. Ortega has been tracking them and finally brought the intel to Kelso who immediately took it upon herself to deal with it.

Once Kelso reached the edge of the rooftop she dropped her bag and opened it, taking out several drones and spreading them out across the roof so they could take off once she began her attack.

Kelso also set up a large automated rocket launcher that ISAC would use to target and cripple the Manta Sub so it couldn't get away.

Over the course of the next ten minutes Kelso maneuvered off the roof and positioned herself between two shipping crates with a forklift for cover.

The Manta Sub docked and the second Black Manta stepped off the boarding ramp Kelso launched the rocket.

The rocket caught Black Manta and his soldiers by surprise and smashed into the sub, creating an explosion that knocked all of them down. Kelso activated the drones and surged forward, cutting down every single soldier with a few well placed shots.

After Kelso killed all of Black Manta's soldiers, she turned her attention to Black Manta himself. The two glared at each other and Kelso had a smug grin on her face that mirrored (Y/n)'s.

Black Manta: "You dare!"

Kelso: "Give up your son and I'll let you drive what's left of your sub out into international waters."

Black Manta: "I'll kill you!"

Kelso: "Yeah you know, I've been there, done that. It's honestly really overrated."

Black Manta shot his lasers at Kelso who slid underneath Manta's first attack. The experienced agent managed to land several shots on Manta's incredibly damaged armour.

Before Black Manta had an opportunity to attack again, Kelso was within feet of Manta. She activated her EMP pulse and a second later the pulse shot out of the ISAC node on her shoulder.

Black Manta's suit shut down and fell to the ground with a loud thump.

Kelso: "I'm not going to kill you. But you'll be laying on the ground for the next 30 minutes."

Kelso laughed as she walked into the listing Manta sub and began cutting her way through what remained of Black Manta's soldiers. She quickly moved through the sun and arrived at the detention room.

Kelso used a small explosive to breach the door and enter the room, shooting the only guard directly in the face. When Kelso turned on her flashlight to check the cells she found Kaldur laying on the ground in the first cell. She pushed the small button on the electronic lock and the door opened a few inches.

Kelso groaned and then forced the door open. She stepped into the cell as Kaldur was pushing himself up off the ground.

Kelso: "My name's Alani Kelso and I'm here to rescue you."

Kaldur: "Y-you're supposed to be... I saw your body."

Kelso: "Yeah, that's a really long story. But hey, I hear that all the cool agents do it so why shouldn't I? Common, I've got us a ride out of here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 383 21
Zatanna comes to a new school, and meets some new friends, but, apparently none of them can catch a break. Artemis soon finds love with Wally but whe...
3.8K 96 3
When the Young Justice team faces a formidable new enemy with powers beyond their comprehension, they find an unexpected ally in a new member - Y/N S...
107K 2K 22
Y/n was raised by the light until one day you ran away and ran into a team of superheroes, one bird caught your eye and you caught his too. What happ...
9.3K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...