𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐚𝐬 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐚 ⛏ ᴶ...

By Percabeths1reader

Olivia had always been a nobody. That's all she had ever wanted to be. She's the person that sits out during... More

𝔼𝕩𝕥𝕣𝕒
𝕋𝕠𝕡 𝕋𝕒𝕘𝕤
ℕ𝕖𝕨 ℂ𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣
𝕌ℙ𝔻𝔸𝕋𝔼
𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢
𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝 + 𝙰𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚜
𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚒 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜
𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛𝚜
𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
𝙵𝚊𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚏 𝙴𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝙳𝚘𝚓𝚘 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗

2.6K 90 35
By Percabeths1reader

Chapter Five — Dojo Day Afternoon
Trigger Warnings: None

Olivia pulled on her sleeves as everyone gathered around Jack. He stood in front of two cinder blocks that held a single piece of wood.

"Alright guys, stand back." He said as he took a step backwards and held his fist up. Jerry crossed his arms, his face holding a certain type of wonder and confusion.

Olivia smiled at the look on his face and ducked her head down. Her fingers picked a loose threat before she scolded herself, not wanting to ruin her outfit.

Jack pulled back and quickly punched the board, the two split halves landing on the ground with a snap. While the action was impressive to most, the people around him seemed to be bored.

Jack wrapped one of his arms around Olivia's shoulder with a smirk. His necklace swayed as he slightly bent down. Olivia blushed as Jerry spoke up and Kim stared at them. As she looked up she locked eyes with the other blonde, giving a friendly wave despite the unsettling frown.

Kim gave her a tight smile back but continued to stare at the two with longing.

"What's the big deal, Jack? You've done that a thousand times."

"Just wait for it." Jack said as Olivia looked around. Her thoughts wandered as she looked at the sword that hung above the arch.

"Man, I'd give you a million bucks if you could do that to my Cello." Eddie said as he stared at the cubed rubble in front of them. Everyone gave him weird looks at his spiteful words. "Players don't play the cello."

"Well you're not a play'ah." Milton mocked as he tugged on his tank top like Eddie had done.

"I will be once I get rid of that dang cello." Eddie glared. His response made Olivia laugh, her hand making no attempt to muffle the sounds.

Milton gave him an 'are you serious?' look as Eddie turned around and rolled his eyes. "I'm going to go get a smoothie."

Olivia lightly gasped as he walked past her. She went to say something but Eddie was quicker "Strawberry Mango, I remember."

Olivia grinned and muttered a 'thank you'. Eddie nodded back and walked out.

"No. No!" A voice cried out. Everyone turned to Rudy's door at the sound of plunging and his saddened yells. "It's not your time!"

"What's going on in there?" Miton asked. "Rudy's toilets clogged again." Jack rolled his eyes. Olivia sighed at his annoyance.

She wrapped her arms around herself as she looked around in boredom. Kims jaw dropped as Rudy opened the door, he had on plastic suspenders, bright orange rubber gloves, and a mining hat - that included a light.

Kim grabbed Olivia by the waist and pulled her back as Rudy stumbled out.

"Poor Myrtle. I almost lost her. Twice I had to p-p-plunge her back to life." He stuttered as he made weird hand motions. Olivia wrinkled her nose and shook her head, quite disgusted by the topic at hand.

She wished she had left with Eddie.

"How do you know if a toilet is a boy or girl?" Jerry asked, pointing his finger in two different directions for each option.

"Well, you take the top off the tank and reach your arm in. An na na an-" His voice became muffled as Jack covered his ears and Miltion shouted at him.

Jerry stared wide-eyed in horror and Kim's jaw dropped. Olivia didn't know what Rudy had said next but she was quite glad she didn't know.

"Rudy focus, the new owner of the mall is going to be here any second!" Kim remembered as the hands on Olivia's head and waist were removed.

"Hey, you guys gotta check this out!" Eddie yelled as he rushed into the dojo, two smoothies in hand and a piece of thick paper wedged between them.

Everyone rushed over, Jack taking the bright pink unopened smoothie from him and a straw. He handed it to Olivia as Kim turned the flier to look at it.

"Wow, they finally moved the baby changing area out of the food court." she said with wide eyes. The thought partly ruined Olivia's mood for a smoothie but she shrugged and opened the straw anyway.

"And if you ask me that was a big step in the right direction." Kim waved her nose.

Olivia giggled before turning to Jack. He turned, having noticed the movement but was softly wacked between the eyes. His brows furrowed as his eyes crossed, only making Olivia laugh more.

The straw wrapper fluttered to the ground and in front of his feet as she stuck the plastic into the lid. Jack smiled and looked at her in amusement as she sipped her drink.

With a head shake he bent down and picked up the trash that Olivia had completely forgotten.

"Whoa, look at the huge new parking lot." Milton smiled as he also snatched the brochure.

"What a minute, where's our dojo?" Rudy asked.

Olivia frowned and pulled away, her eyes crinkled as she gently took the flier. Her drink almost slipped as her lips opened. "That parking lot is our dojo."

"Whoa..."

Olivia winced as a boy in a yellow vest shouted after Rudy and another man with a smile.

Too loud. New people. He's looking at you. He hates you. Your outfit is horrible. You probably look like an idiot.

Her chest tightened and breathing picked up. Jack glanced over as she picked the cuticles of her nails. His hand took hers before he frowned.

His two hands rubbed hers and he brought them to his mouth, blowing hot air on them. She blushed as he smiled and dropped one hand. "They're cold."

Jack places a quick kiss on them before locking their fingers and walking to the boy. "Hey, I'm Jack. How ya doing?" He smiled as he faced the new boy and held his hand out to shake.

"So, what do you losers do all day around this dump? Sit around and do Ka-rat-e?" The boy asked as he waved his limbs and switched attitudes in a second.

Olivia frowned and flinched back at the quick movements and rude tone. Her empty hand clenched the drink and took a quick sip.

The sweet flavor didn't quench her fear.

"Yo, pretend to know karate? Check this out." Jerry smirked as he approached the boy. He took a deep breath and swayed on his feet, "Go ahead and show him, Jack."

Olivia freely laughed as Jerry returned to the line they made and Jack rolled his eyes. She shook her head and took a few steps back, like everyone else. Jack readied himself at the fighting dummy. She clapped as Jack kicked the head off of the fake man.

Olivia smiled and raised her hand, Jack was quick to return the action. Before anything else could be said or done she was shoved out of the way, Jack catching her before she could fall.

"That was nothing. You want to see some real karate moves?" The boy asked as he winked at her, as if he hadn't tried to make her fall a few seconds ago.

He snatched the bow staff from Milton and puffed out his chest, almost like he was trying to get the team to flinch. It partly worked as Olivia and Milton winced.

With a smirk the boy walked off the mat, twirling the staff with a war cry. For a moment she wondered if Rudy and the big guy could hear tem, and if they did why didn't they come out?

As he soon ran out of breath he turned around, hitting all the top class trophies off of the wall. Everyone gasped and quickly rushed behind what was left of the dummy.

Olivia was pushed against Jack and Jerry, her hands covering the loud song from her ears and her forehead pressed between the shoulderblades of Jack.

Jerry reached forward and helped block the sound out, only pulling away after the boy had finished wrecking everything.

Rudy's office door opened as Jerry pulled away and Jack held her close.

He hated seeing her in tears.

"I can't believe it sir, that kid just busted up all your trophies!" Sweatervest said as Milton looked eyed in fear. Olivia hadn't even noticed Milton take it.

"Milton, you are in big trouble." Rudy muttered through gritted teeth and pointed his finger.

"What? It wasn't Milton, it was Arthur!" Jack exclaimed. She also didn't remember anyone saying his name.

Arthur looked wide eyed, his expression saying 'well, duh!', even with his lack of words.

"oh... Well, accidents happen." Rudy sucked up.

Melissa would have a fit if she knew a grown adult man wasn't standing up for the kids.

Arthur innocently smiled, seeming to be proud. "Thank you for showing us what a dangerous place it is to keep trophies!" Rudy said with a wide and unnatural smile.

"Now. Everyone, give our newest member, Arthur, a Bobbi Wassabi welcome."

The three - Rudy, Arthur, and his father - all clapped with a smile while the six kids watched in shock. Fire brewed in Kims eyes as Jerry joined in, Olivia following along.

Jerry was the first to notice as he stopped his hand, Olivia stopping as well. "What? I love clapping."

He grinned and once again started, Olivia giggling at his smile that was filled with pure joy.

"Woo!"

Olivia held the body double as Kim punched it. She sent a kick to its stomach that made Olivia stumble.

"Kim, take it easy." Eddie called from where he sat. Because of Jack's absence he was unable to spar with anyone so he sat on the sidelines.

Kim blushed and looked down, "Sorry, Liv. I'm just so sick and tired of being looked at as just a pretty face."

Olivia frowned at Kim's frustration, she reached out and grabbed her hand in comfort.

"Ugh! Welcome to my world, sister!" Jerry exclaimed with a groan of disgust. Olivia laughed and shook her head.

"I mean, what's the point of being a reporter on the schools TV station if Marget Port thinks in just some 'airhead southern bell' that can do the real news."

Olivia frowned and her nose wrinkled. "Did she actually call you that?" She whispered.

A pang ran through her heart as she saw Kim's defeated nod. Before she could give her any advice a loud laugh echoed behind her, making her squeak and jump.

"You guys should have seen what we just did!" Arthur exclaimed as he threw his hand out. Olivia frowned at the sweater tied around his shoulders and the twizzlers in his hand. "It was a riot!"

Her mood only decreased as she noticed the look on Jack's face. It was a mix of annoyance and guilt.

"It was like taking candy from a baby." With a bad feeling in her gut she spoke up.

"Please don't tell me you-"

"That's what you actually did, Arthur. You took candy from a baby!" Olivia frowned. If it was her sister she was sure it would have played out different, and not in a good way.

"Hey uh, can I get in on that?" Jerry asked with a smile before he took one anyway. "Thnks." He muttered as he took a bite. "Nothing taste better than something stolen from a bab-"

He was cut off as Milton and Eddie both cleared their throats. They made hand gestures behind Olivia's back as her eyes narrowed. Jerry slowly took another bite and moved away, "I- that's horrible. Totally, not amazing and delicious."

The next day at school Olivia was walking through the halls. She was on the way to her next class when she noticed Kim in the halls. She went to go approach her when she noticed who she was talking to.

Based off of Kim's heated face and the raveonettes annoyed one she could assume it was Margaret.

Olivia bit her lip as she glanced around. She must have looked weird because the people around her rolled their eyes and gave her a gross look. With a squeak of anxiety she rushed to Kim's side.

She could hear the conversation as she walked forward and locked elbows with her. "You're good at pretty. You're good at perky. But you can't hand the big stories."

"You're good at having your head up your own butt and lacking eyebrows too but you don't see me judging you." She blurted.

Margaret and Kim looked at her in shock. She squeezed Kim's arm as Margaret glared at her. Kim's jaw dropped face quickly morphed into pride as she smirked.

"But, I guess that's why you're the head reporter. Thanks for the assignment." Kim snatched the green folder and dragged her away.

"Oh my god, oh my god! Did I just say that?" Olivia panicked as she looked at Kim. Kim laughed and nodded her head. With a gasp Olivia continued to rant.

"Me? The pink freak? Just insult the head reporter of the entire school's news. To her face!"

Before she could continue two arms wrapped around her shoulder. She tensed before relaxing in Kim's embrace. "thank you Liv, honestly. I don't think I could have stood up to her myself."

Olivia frowned. "B-but you're Kim Crawford! You're a black belt in Karate and you're so pretty, and so cool!" She gushed.

KIm smiled as she removed her arm around Olivia's waist, ready to head to her next class. "I'm still only one person."

And as she watched Kim walk away she realized a similarity with Kim and herself. And it wasn't her blonde hair.

A/N' THATS RIGHT! IM BACK! Not only did this book hit 3k read but I now have 800 follows! So, in dedication I'm starting this book again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.3K 45
Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Will, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie and were one massive friend group at their Eagle Mountain College and Highsch...
74.3K 1.1K 92
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬." "𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥." ...
4.7K 224 26
I squeezed my way through the abundant number of people, trying to get to the exit. I bumped into a lot of shoulders, until I found an opening. As so...