Twisted Wonderland and Genshi...

By The_Lone_Panther

Three people had ended up in a world similar yet unfamiliar world! It was a fine day for a picnic to reunite... More

โ€ข๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐žโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐žโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐žโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐งโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญโ€ข
โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐žโ€ข

โ€ข๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐žโ€ข

1.3K 40 0
By The_Lone_Panther

...

....

.....

Darkness... Yet there seems to be a commotion... The sensation of burning hot flames... Unfamiliar voices... What... What are they...

A giant flaming beast... Five people fighting it... Or...where there more...?

...

....

.....

BANG

The sound of something hitting a wooden board...

BANG

What's that noise...? Aether thought to himself... He opened his eyes, his vision seemingly still shrouded in darkness. Where...where was he?

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." An unfamiliar voice muffled somewhere in front of Aether. The traveler just realized the sudden crapped space he was in... How did he even get here...? Wasn't he at Windrise just now with his friends? "Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" The voice grunted. "Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

Before Aether had time to gather his panicked thoughts, the wooden lid of his coffin suddenly burst and burned open, startling him and making him tell in surprise. "BWAAH?!?!" He covered face with his arm to prevent the flames from coming close contact with his skin.

"Now to grab the goods..." The voice said, much more clearer now to Aether. A black cat with blue flames coming out of its ears hopped onto the floating coffin. It's eyes met Aether's as the cat like demon jumped back in surprise. "What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" It exclaimed loudly.

"Ah...um...a...uh... talking weasel...?" Aether began. Although he wasn't too surprise since he came across various creatures... Like a talking boat and a talking squirrel on the Golden Apple Archipelago.

The cat demon seemed offended by that comment as it scowled at Aether. "How... How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!" The cat exclaimed loudly, "Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" He added with a demand.

"Uniform...?" Aether repeated and looked down at his attire. He was wearing some kind of... ritualistic robe and under it was indeed a uniform of some sort. "I don't remember wearing these at all... Who changed my clothes...?" He asked himself as he patted himself down.

Grim scowled even more as his tail lashed about angrily. "Oh-ho! You got a lotta nerve ignoring me, human!" He shouted with pride, "The name's Grim. Believe me, you won't forget it! Now gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" He held out his paw at Aether and glared at him.

Aether looked down at Grim for a moment before crossing his arms. "... Even if I did, I think you need an extra small for your size." He replied.

"Wh- YOU-!" Grim began before Aether finally decided to hop out of the coffin, landing on the ground carefully. "hey! Are you trying to escape me?!" He yelled and jumped after Aether. "Hey, come on! I'm on a tight schedule here!"

Aether looked around the room and just took not of the floating coffins around him... Just where the hell was he..? Aether took a good look around the room and noticed two other coffins that have not yet opened like the rest. But before he had the time to investigate, blue flames suddenly were launched at him. He turned around and sees an angry Grim getting ready to fire another spew of flames at him. Aether tried to use his elements to defend himself...yet nothing happened...

"Myahaha! What are you trying to do huh? Telling me to back off?" Grim mocked. "Well it ain't happening, human! Not until you hand over your uniform!!"

With no other options left, Aether turned and bolted down the hallway. He can investigate those two coffins later...

He ran down various rooms and hallways he has never been in before. "Where's the door out of this place...!" Aether was running out of breath already. When he turned a corner he came to a dead end and halted immediately before turning around and came face to face with Grim.

"Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME?" Grim snickered as Aether was in a ready stance to fight Grim. He was use to fight by now, and a fight with a small cat with blue flames for attacks? EZ for him... "Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that—" before Grim could finish, he felt something hit his head. "Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?" He scowled and turned around and glared at the person who just struck his head.

"Consider it tough love." glared a man behinf a crow mask and a top hat as he picked Grim up by the scruff. His eyes landed on Aether as his demeanor completely changed. "Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid." He said with a smile. "I trust you're one of this year's new students? My, were you ever eager to make your debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."

Aether blinked. Rules? School? What was this strange man telling him?? "I'm sorry... What?" Was all Aether could muster to say.

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!" Grim grumbled and struggled to break free from the man.

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?" The man said and covers Grim's snout to stop him from talking.

"Mmmrph!"

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it." The man sighed deeply as Aether was still visibly confused yet intrigued. "Does the very notion of patience elude you?" Aether only blinked in response. "No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber." With that the man turned around and began walking away while Aether stumbled after him, making sure he didn't trip over his robe.

"Erm... Student? Gate?" Aether mustered to speak.

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not?" The man asked and looked down at Aether. "All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

Aether thought for a moment. So those coffins are like...gateways? He thought to himself. Then again... I do recall most of the coffins open...except for...

"The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world, and a rebirth into a new one." The man continued to explain.

"I see... Well... Something blew mine right off the bat.." Aether said as he looked at Grim.

"The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours." The man sighed. "You're the one who insisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility!"

"Wh- my responsibility?" Aether repeated. "I'm sorry but I've never seen that thing in my life... And it definitely doesn't look edible to eat anyways..."

"But now is not the time for such prattle.You've a student orientation to attend!" The man said, clearly ignoring Aether for a moment. "Go on, now. Make haste."

"Okay...but... I need you to make one thing clear for me..." Aether began and stopped walking, as well as the man too and turned to face him. "Just where exactly am I? And who are you?"

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness?" The man replied and blinked. "The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories...Well, these things happen, I suppose." He sighs.

Aether thinks for a moment. There was something that was was suppose to be a part of his memories? Huh.... He can't recall...

"I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless." The man said and turned around before he continued to walk, Aether following close behind.

As they walked, they passed a courtyard as the moonlight illuminates their surrounding area. Aether looked down to his side where there was a satchel around him this entire time. Good... It had all his belongings and memoirs of his adventures... It could come in handy in whatever world he was sucked in. He perked up when he heard the man clear his throat to get his attention.

"This is Night Raven College.
It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic." The man began to explain in small details. "It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."

Headmage... College... Twisted... Wonderland... "Like... Alice in Wonderland?" Aether asked as Crowley blinked.

"Who?"

"You know...? Blonde hair? Blue eyes...? Blue dress..? Fell in a rabbit hole and ended up in.... Nevermind..." Aether said seeing Crowley was clearly not getting what he was talking about. "Ah wait... You said something about magic...?" He changed the subject quickly.

"Ah yes. Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college." Crowley went on with his explanation. "Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those "gates," which can appear anywhere. A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you."

"Ah! I do remember that!" Aether perked up. "I remembered envisioning it when I was touching the statue of the Seven.."

"Statue of the.... Anyways." Crowley cleared his throat. "That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror.
It too bears a gate that connects to this campus. And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."

Aether crossed his arms for a moment. "...in other words, I was dragged here against my will... Fun." He said in a dead monotone while Grim continued to muffle and struggle against his restrictions from Crowley.

"Now, let us attend to your orientation." Crowley said as he opens a large door, letting Aether go in first before going in after and closing the door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1K 25
The world has started to collapse with each other. The truest scene will finally begin. As a child fall to the world with no clue,no reason,no way ba...
113K 5.6K 33
(CURRENTLY EDITING/REWRITING.) [แต€สทโฑหขแต—แต‰แตˆ แต‚แต’โฟแตˆแต‰สณหกแตƒโฟแตˆ หฃ แดฐแต’แต—แต—แต’สณแต‰!แดน!แดฟแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ] "๐™๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™„ ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง...
37.4K 1.2K 12
When someone goes missing, it's only natural to go search for them. He screwed up the moment he forgot to leave a note or announce that he was going...
35K 1.2K 26
[Twisted Wonderland x ScarletWitch!GenderNetural!Reader] [Name] found themselves in Twisted Wonderland, but can't seem to go back home. Something is...