Heart To Heal

By theurbanroyalty

"Baby I promise that I'm real, give me all your love and your Heart To Heal." Stepping into her senior year o... More

Heart To Heal | Casting + Copyright
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XL.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX.
L.
LI.
LII.
LIII.
LIV.
LV.
LVI.
LVII.
LVIII.
LIX.

LX.

11.9K 643 233
By theurbanroyalty

Chapter Sixty.

This was it, probably the biggest day in a senior's life.

Graduation Day.

It almost felt surreal.

Xavia looked at herself in the bathroom mirror as she brushed her teeth, a mix of emotions overtaking her. She put in the necessary work, dedication, time, and effort these past four years and it had paid off. Memories of all the nights she stayed up late studying, doing homework, or just completing assignments early flooded her mind. It had been a long journey, but a good one.

After taking care of her hygiene and showering, Xavi went back into her room to get ready. She did a light beat on her face, consisting of neautral toned eyeshadow and a nice bronzer, along with a nude, glossy lip with brown lip liner and wispy lashes. Xavi then put on the white knee length dress that she purchased specifically for this day, as well as a pair of nude heels. Once she was dressed, she touched up the wand curls that she did the night before and then set them with spritz.

Once her appearance was to her liking, Xavia finished everything off by spraying herself with Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis. Looking over at the clock on her nightstand, she realized that she needed to be walking out of the house right at this instant.Graduation started at 11, but all of the graduates had to arrive two hours early for one final practice. 

Xavi quickly grabbed her cap and gown and threw it in a bag, before grabbing her tote purse and tossing her phone, Airpod case, tissue, and water bottle inside. She then snatched her car keys off of her bed and shut her light off before going downstairs.

"Momma, do you and daddy have y'alls tickets?" She asked, peeking her head into the master bedroom that her parents shared.

"Yep, they're already in my purse. I put them in there last night." Xena replied.

"Okay, just making sure. I gotta head out, I'll see y'all at the stadium."

"Alright, baby. You look beautiful, by the way!" Her mother called out as she exited the room.

"Thank you!" Xavia replied as she trotted towards the front door. As she walked out of the house, she shot Zee a quick text to let him know that she was on her way to the stadium.

Once inside of her car, Xavia tossed everything in the backseat and stuck her keys into the ignition. She brung the engine to life, and put her seatbelt on. Just as she was about to back out of the driveway, she paused to turn on some music to calm her nerves. Xavi didn't care how late she was to an event, having her music playing was an absolute must. She would stop in the middle of traffic just to get Apple Music going.

As Her Fears by Yung Bleu started blasting through her speakers, she nodded her head and proceeded to put the vehicle in reverse to back out. Once she did, she put the gear back in drive and mashed on the gas, pushing the pedal. Zee's bad driving habits were definitely starting to rub off on her.

Luckily, she arrived to the stadium just in time. Xavia put her cap and gown on in the car, then grabbed her things and got out. She signed in at the front, and was given a lime green wristband just like the rest of her class.

Zealand sent her a text asking her where she was, and she told him that she was getting signed in. Within a few seconds, he was walking up to her in his blue cap and gown.

"Aw, look at you." She smiled, standing on her tippy toes to peck his cheek.

"Me? Nah, look at you. You look good, mama."

"Thank you, babe."

"Of course. Now, come on. Practice is starting." Zealand grabbed her hand, leading her to where the rest of the 375 seniors were located.

They went behind the stage, where Principal Hayes and several other faculty members were trying to make sure everybody was there and present. After calling attendance, the final practice started. The students went through the same procedure that they had done the past two times. By now, nobody was lost or confused about what needed to be done. It was engraved into their memory.

"Beautiful, ladies and gentlemen. Well done." Hayes told them once the practice came to an end an hour and thirty minutes later. She looked at her watch, seeing that it was nearing 11. "Okay, we can start heading out to the field so that you all can take your seats. Please remember to look for the seat that has you first name, middle initial, and last name. There should not be any mix ups."

The students walked onto the field and began searching for their designated seats. When everybody got seated, the large monitor on the stage started showing a slideshow of some of the most memorable moments from the school year.

By now, parents and family members began to arrive and get seated. Xavia looked into the crowd and saw her parents. She waved to them, and they eagerly waved back before blowing kisses her way. She laughed, then turned back around to face the front.

Within fifteen minutes, the stadium was full of guests. Anticipation was evident in the air as everybody waited for the ceremony to start.

At exactly 11 on the dot, Principal Hayes took the stage and grabbed the mic. Then suddenly, all of the chatter and noise ceased.

"Good morning students, family, friends, and faculty. It is with great pleasure that we are here on this lovely day to honor the graduating class of 2022. For the past four years, these students have truly done an oustanding job. Not only with academics, but as far as teamwork, leadership, and integrity. As my mother always used to say, it takes a village to raise a child. I have seen the most fragile caterpillars turn into bold, and brilliant butterflies. All they needed was love, encouragement, and a support system. Now, I never like to pick favorites, but out of all of the graduating classes from Westwood, Class of 22' has a special place in my heart." Hayes said, causing everybody to respond with "Awww!"

"I wont make this speech too long. I just want to say that I see nothing but success and wealth when I look at all 377 of these faces. These babies-..I mean young adults, will be something great in life and I can guarantee that!" She exclaimed, which prompted everybody to clap.

"Now, we will hear from our class Valedictorian, and Salutatorian. Please welcome Chancelor Sourne and Makira Bassey."

The two then came to the stage. Chancelor said his speech first, and Makira's followed right after. Once the speeches were over, a representative from the school district said a few words, before Principal Hayes came back to the microphone with a smile.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the moment that we've all been waiting for. Seniors, please rise and make your way to the side of stage."

All of the students stood up, the followed behind one another as they walked towards the side as directed.

"We will now begin calling the names of the graduates. Please, hold all applause until the very end." Hayes cleared her throat, before looking down at the list of names that was on the podium.

"Alyshia Arden." She spoke, calling out the first name. There were only a handful of students who's last name started with A, which meant that they'd go by somewhat quickly.

Before she knew it, Xavia was coming up next in line. Her stomach was cutting flips as she waited to hear her name.

"Xavia Bishop."

Her parents, along with Arnecia, Zealand and other family members ignored Hayes's request to hold the applause and started clapping as loud as their hands would let them. They yelled, chanted, hollered, and whatever else they could think of.

"As she should! Big graduate!" Arnecia yelled, snapping pictures.

"You better walk, honey!" Xena exclaimed.

"Alright now, baby girl!" Her father said as he recorded.

Even Draya and Harmony joined in, shouting for her.

Xavia grabbed her diploma, then shook hands with her principal and the others on stage.

There was a picture of her on the monitor screen, along with her name and how many college acceptances she had gotten, as well as scholarship rewards.

Once she walked off stage, she headed back to her seat. There was a total of 12 students that had a last name starting with B. After that, they'd be calling last names with C. Of course, Zee would be in that group.

The line was moving little by little, until Zealand was up next.

"Zealand Carter."

Xavia hopped up from her seat as she clapped and hollered. "Big Zee, not the lil' one!" She exclaimed. "Good job, stink!"

"Alright Zealand, go baby!" Draya yelled, camera in hand.

"Woohoo! That's my big brother!" Harmony chimed in, recording on her IPad.

He smiled, waving at them as he strolled across the stage to grab his diploma and shake hands with Principal Hayes.

For the next hour, the ceremony went on until all of the names were called. Once all of the students walked across the stage, Hayes pressed the clicker that was connected to the monitor so that a picture of the whole class would show on the screen.

"You all may now move your tassels from the right side to the left. Congratulations, official 2022 Graduates! Wooooo!"

The students moved their tassels, before cheering and clapping as well.

Traditional graduation music began playing as the ceremony closed out. Everybody began to stand up and exit the stadium grounds.

Xavi and Zealand locked hands as they walked towards one of the exits that led to the parking lot.

Once they got in the lot, they saw their families standing together and recording them as they walked out.

With a smile, they both approached them.

Xena was crying, patting her wet eyes with a napkin as Ronald rubbed her back to console her. "Come here, Noonie." She ushered Xavia over.

Ronald pulled a bouquet of red roses from behind his back and handed them to his one and only daughter. "Here princess, these are for you. Your old man is proud of you." He smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Thank you daddy!" She grabbed the beautiful flowers from his hands, and cradled them to her chest.

Xavia then stepped in front of mother and was given a big bear hug. "You don't know how happy I am for you, honey. I tried to hold my tears but I just couldn't."

"Aw mommy, don't cry. You're going to make me cry and I can't mess up my face!" She exclaimed, rubbing her back.

Xena laughed through her tears as she released her daughter from the hug. "You're right, my apologies. But seriously, I'm extremely proud of both you and Zealand. Son in law, come here!"

Zealand chuckled, walking over. Xena then hugged him as well. "I want to congratulate you, as well as thank you for always being here for my baby girl. Y'all entered each other's lives at the perfect time."

"Thank you, Mrs.Bishop. And of course, Xavia has my heart. I'll never stop being here for her." He told her.

"Okay, this is too much for me!" Arnecia fanned her eyes. "Y'all know I'm an emotional wreck."

Zee laughed, before making his way over to his aunt and sister. "There goes my graduate! Give me some love!" Draya pulled him close to her and hugged him tight.

Once she let him go, she placed her hands on his face and smiled. "You look just like India, boy. I know she is smiling down on you right at this very moment."

Zealand looked down at his feet with a smile as tears started to fall. "I wish she was here." He said quietly.

"I know you do, baby. Listen, I want you to know that God has a plan for your life. You made it through all of the hell and torture that your father put you through. You have been a wonderful caretaker and brother to Harm, you kept your grades up in school despite everything going on in your life, and most importantly, you didn't give up. Whatever curveballs life threw at you, you took it like a G and thugged it out. You're going to be rewarded for that, trust and believe. I hope you know how much me and your sister love you, and we can't wait to see you and Xavia doing big things at Clarke Atlanta." Draya told him, before handing him a huge gift bag.

"Yeah, Zee. We love you to infinity and beyond like Buzz Lightyear. You're my favorite brother, and not just because you spoil me." Harmony joked.

Zealand grabbed his sister and aunt, pulling them into a group hug. "I promise, I'm gonna make y'all and my momma proud." He spoke, voice shaky from crying.

As they had their own family moment, Xavi was interacting with her own family. Uncle Garrett had given her a card full of money as a grad gift, as well as some balloons.

"I bet Nana would be doing cartwheels right now, seeing you in that cap and gown." Niecey told Xavia, hugging her. "You were always her favorite."

"I was not, she loved us equally." Xavi said, even though she knew good and well Rose favored her more.

"Yeah, right." Arnecia chuckled. "Seriously though, I'm proud of you cousin."

"Thank you, lil' dookie booty." Xavi fake sniffled before they both busted out laughing. "You play too much."

"Alright, let's get some pictures of the lovely graduates." aunt Luna said, catching everybody's attention.

Zee and Xavia stood next to each other as their families pulled out multiple phones and cameras.

"Just pose and look cute, we got it from here." Draya said, causing everyone to laugh.

They took multiple pictures, then Xavi took some with just her family and a few solo shots. Zealand did the same thing, taking some with his girlfriend before taking a few with his family, then on his own.

Once the pictures were done, everybody went back to indulging in their own conversations.

Zealand planted his lips against Xavia's cheek as he threw an arm over her shoulder. "What's on your mind, baby?"

She smiled at him. "A lot. This has been a hell of a ride." Xavi chuckled.

"I agree. Not only with school, but with us."

The two teens started off as classmates, then turned into friends, and ended up as lovers. Despite having setbacks and people trying to break them apart, fate continued to bring them together.

"For sure. I know I don't say this often, but I'm grateful that God sent you to me. I truly feel like he hand picked you, just for me. I love you like a fat kid loves cake." Xavi expressed, staring up at him.

"You know I love you just as much, probably even more. Like I always tell you, you're my angel. It wasn't just coincidence that I bumped into you that day at lunch." He grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it. "Our journey ain't over, it's just getting started."

The moment was bittersweet. It's funny how the person you believe will be the least impactful in your life, is actually the one that completely changes it around for good. As Xavia and Zealand stood there in the parking lot of the stadium in their caps and gowns, they couldn't help to wonder where the future would take them as they prepared to go off to college. It didn't matter, though. As long as they had each other, all would be well.

End.
________________________

We did it, Joe!
On a serious note, big shoutout to every single one of you beautiful souls that read, voted, and commented on this book.

I cried while writing this last chapter, truthfully. I really enjoyed orchestrating this masterpiece of a book.

I love y'all! Stay tuned for more books from me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 1K 26
WARNING: PROFANITY USED THROUGHOUT THE SERIES Teenagers in their Senior Year of high school going through life together. For better or worse.
37.1K 1.3K 28
Seventeen year old, Cavonte Carter has a dream of becoming the next big thing. The goal of becoming a rapper which is a one out of a million chance...
1.1K 26 44
Jaliyah 'Blu' Washington and her brothers are your definition of the grind. at 19 , 20 , and 23 years old , she and her two older brothers have done...
6.2K 177 17
Read...