The Angel & The Devil | Ong...

By Daphxiii

!!! THIRD BOOK OF THE CROW & THE CROWN SERIES !!! !!! WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS !!! • • • • • • • • King Balor'... More

Author's Note
* Character Aesthetics *
* Locations *
Chapter 1 | Weapons High
Chapter 2 | Emotions
Chapter 3 | Falling In Love
Chapter 4 | Long Time Coming
Chapter 5 | Nursery
Chapter 6 | Peace Offering
Chapter 7 | A Trip
Chapter 9 | Pirates
Chapter 10 | Are We There Yet?
Chapter 11 | Babysitters
Chapter 12 | Family Secrets
Chapter 13 | Conflicted Feelings
Chapter 14 | Heels To Die For
Chapter 15 | Pineapple Juice?
Chapter 16 | Hulsan Queens
Chapter 17 | Butterfly
Chapter 18 | Magic
Chapter 19 | Missing Weapons
Chapter 20 | Girlfriends
Chapter 21 | Assassin
Chapter 22 | Lost
Chapter 23 | Queens' Ball
Chapter 24 | Short Escape
Chapter 25 | Cat & Mouse Game
Chapter 26 | Lessons
Chapter 27 | Emergency
Chapter 28 | Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 29 | Ticking
Chapter 30 | Messenger
Chapter 31 | Train
Chapter 32 | Old Bank
Chapter 32 | Uncle Duties
Chapter 33 | Diamonds
Chapter 34 | Home
Chapter 35 | A Warm Welcome
Chapter 36 | New Territory
Chapter 37 | Parents & Children

Chapter 8 | The Special Ship

261 13 19
By Daphxiii

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

"Where are you going?" My overly worried husband asks.

"I need to pee and I'm going to shower," I state with a slight frown on my face.

"I'll help." He jumps up from his seated position and steps toward me.

"What? No, why?"

"You'll slip or- I don't know. I'll help."

"With peeing? Raze, I can go alone." I frown, glancing over at the rest of our family sitting in the drawing-room. It's very early in the morning and we just had breakfast. That hummus was... It was something else.

We're leaving in an hour and I want to truly wake up before we do.

"Fal, we're married. You're my wife... I can certainly say that there's nothing I haven't seen before."

"It's not about that," I chuckle. "I can pee on my own. Please sit down. Morana, tell him that I can do it on my own."

The woman grimaces, throwing her long black hair off her shoulder, "I don't know... I couldn't even see my toes after some months. You're at five right? You might need his help."

"Oh fuck you." I roll my eyes at her but then smile at the adorable baby in her arms. "Anyway. Stay here." I tell Raze, cupping his cheeks and reaching up on my toes to press a quick kiss at the tip of his nose.

He tries to hold me back and kiss me but I escape him, giggling while I do so. I love expressing my love to Raze in physical ways but not in front of my family. At least not too much. Not in the way I know Raze will do if I let him. That man doesn't give a single fuck about people watching us.

I wheeze my way up the stairs, attempting to look calm while I'm sure the guards are eyeing me because I'm hyperventilating.

"Empress, do you need help?"

"Do I look like I need help, Dane?" I ask, my voice sounding shaky.

"Do you want an honest response, ma'am?"

That takes me by surprise, "No... I suppose not. But I don't need help." I continue to wheeze and pat myself on the back when I reach our chambers. Third fucking floor. Insanity. Why did I ever agree to move into those new apartments? Horrible idea.

The first thing I do is release my bladder from the torture of holding my pee in. After that, I turn the shower thingy on and wait until the water is hot enough to burn my skin off. I undress and let the water wash away my exhaustion. It feels good, it's soothing. I wash my hair and then struggle with washing my body. It's a little hard to shave my legs when I can't normally bend down.

So I either call out to Dane who then gets Raze for me. Or I call out to one of my ladies, Mera, Corvina, or Morana. Or I call out to one of my lady maids, the ones Mrs. Vaughn assigned to me.

I do none of those and give up on the shaving. I get out of the shower, wrap a towel around myself, and- "Fuck!" I exclaim right before I almost slip and drop to the ground.

Raze grabs me before I can get too close to the ground, "I fucking knew you were going to slip!"

"I slipped because of you, idiot!"

"Are you okay? Did it hurt? Shit, is-"

"If you didn't notice, Raze, I haven't touched the ground nor am I close to it. You're holding me up."

He glances down at me and notices that his very own arms are wrapped around me and holding me up, "But the shock could've been a factor to make you feel bad. We should go-"

"Angel, please. I'm okay. Thank you for scaring me and then saving me." I tease, straightening my back and kissing his cheek.

He sighs, resting his forehead against my neck. I run my fingers through the curly mop of hair on his head, "You need to stop stressing, angel. We still have four months to go. If you keep having these mini seizures I seriously worry about how you're going to act during the delivery."

"I'm going to lose my mind, that's how I'm going to act." He replies, moving back up to face me while he brushes my wet hair off my shoulder. "Please get dressed before you get sick."

"Raze. I swear to god." I warn but then chuckle again.

I get dressed and thank god when Raze helps me with my leggings. I really would've cried if I had to be the one to pull them up. I put on my navy flowy dress and then decide to pull my hair up into a low ponytail. Raze smiles that dimpled smile when I put a tiny adorable butterfly pin into my hair.

As always I add a tiny hair dagger too. I would love to wrap one around my thigh as well but with the number of times I go to the restroom, it would be a nuisance. 

"Raze..." I begin after putting on my coat when we reach the top of the stairs.

"Darling..."

"How strong are you?" I cock my brow at him.

"Very strong." He proudly nods, a humorous shine in his beautiful green eyes.

"Can you... I don't know... Maybe... Carry me down these stairs?" I try to put on a cute smile on my face so he'll say yes.

"No." He states and proceeds to walk down the steps. I look after him, flabbergasted and trying to pull my jaw off of the floor.

"Really?" I tilt my head watching his quick steps until he halts. He turns to face me and smiles, his brows scrunching up as he rushes back up.

"It was a joke! Don't look at me like that." He cups my cheek placing a kiss on my forehead. "Of course, I'll carry you down, my love."

"Thank you." I smile, wrapping my arms around his neck as he hauls me up. "Wow, you're really strong." I tease him and he rolls his eyes.

He surprisingly doesn't even sigh or show that he's carrying something heavy. The something heavy being me and our daughter.

I see Arcane following us down the stairs and focus back on Raze, "Do you think he'll jump off the ship?"

"What?" Raze chuckles. "No, darling, he won't. Wolveleons hate water so no."

We reach the bottom of the stairs and Raze lets me down, "Thank you, angel." I tease, "You're a real gentleman."

"I aim to be. Now we're going to the cars and they will take us to the ships. We're taking the smaller one while a few of our cars, and other important things are being transported via the big ship."

"Don't they have death machines in Hulsa?"

I inquire while we walk through the hallway, out the doors, and to our death machine. Apparently, Raze is driving... It shouldn't surprise me because he made a one-year peace deal just yesterday.

If I think too much about that deal I'm going to panic and cry so I don't. I focus on Raze and the answer he was giving me.

"Sorry angel, I got distracted. What did you say?"

"They do have cars in Hulsa but I don't want to depend on the Hulsans. This is better for all of us." He raises our connected hands to his lips and presses a kiss to the back of my hand. "Are you okay? You seem distracted."

"No, I'm okay... It's just everything."

Raze nods, wrapping his arm around my waist and resting his head on top of mine. "I understand, my love. I will find a way to distract you."

"Is that so?" I chuckle, moving away to glance up at him.

"Mm-hmm, we have a two-week journey ahead of us. I can make you think about a million other things. Or just one thing if that's what you want..."

I laugh at him while he opens the door of the death machine for me. I step in and instantly find myself in a difficult position. The seatbelt will absolutely choke me and the seat is making my belly press against the thingy. The... The dashboard! That's it. Laurent taught me all the terms but I keep forgetting things.

Aceso said it's a common pregnancy thing.

Raze steps in as well and I instantly grasp his wrist, "I think I need to sit at the back."

He looks down at my belly and bursts out into laughter, "Fucking hell. Wait baby," he pulls a handle and suddenly the seat moves back. I suck in a deep breath once I can. "Better?" Raze inquires brushing his hand over my hair while doing so.

"Yes," I breathe out. "I thought I was squishing her."

"I think she's very comfortable in there, darling."

I nod, "I hope so." I tug at the seatbelt and click it in. The belt sits between my breasts and the other one rests underneath my bump. "Is this safe?"

He looks at me, barely able to hide his smile, "Yes, my love. I asked Ac-"

"Of course you already did." I chuckle. I get comfortable while he begins to drive away. "Oh! Wait! Are there snacks in here? Because-"

"Here you go," he reaches forward and plops the uhm something compartment open. It reveals one large sandwich cut into half, orange juice, cut-up fruits in a box, and a bar of chocolate.

I wasn't hungry... But now that I see it in front of me... Well... Fuck it. I grab the sandwich and unwrap it, eating it with a big smile on my face. It tastes good but it misses something...

A brilliant idea pops into my head, I take the chocolate bar and place it in the sandwich, I can feel Raze staring at me with a disgusted look on his face.

"Cheese and chocolate?"

"It's delicious," I moan after taking my first bite. "Mmm, do you want to try?"

"No. Absolutely not. Normally I'd try anything you offer darling but... This is highly questionable. There's lettuce and I can see the pickles in that- no thank you."

"You're missing out." I shrug, continuing to eat my sandwich. Once that's done I work it all down with the orange juice. But that gives me heartburn so I eat some fruit.

Eventually, all that eating tires me out so I decide to rest my eyes. I place my hands on my bump and smile down at our gorgeous baby girl. Raze remains relatively silent. I know he wants to be a bigger part of it. He would love to feel everything I feel too.

That's why when we come to a stop near the harbor, I ask him to not join the others. He opens the door and crouches in front of me when I ask him to do so.

"Give me your hand,"

He furrows those brows of his but does it anyway, I press a quick kiss to it, making him smile before I place his hand on my bump. "Talk to her."

"Hi my little darling," he begins making me smile. He continues and that's when I feel it.

"She just kicked."

"Really? I didn't feel it."

"Well, you can't. Not yet. But she's kicking right here," I move his hand to the spot where her tiny feet are. "Go on."

He seems excited, clearing his throat, "Are you comfortable in there? I bet you are. Your mommy is surely keeping you warm enough."

"Oh, I feel it again!" I giggle excitedly and he does too. "I'm just beginning to recognize her kicks but she really responds to you."

"Good girl. She knows who's going to give her more candy."

"She did it again!" I laugh, glancing down at him in disbelief. "Okay enough. She already has a favorite parent." I playfully roll my eyes at him

He looks at me, somewhat turning his head to the side, "Jealous?"

"Very."

"You'll be fine." he teases and I stare at him with my mouth wide open, jaw on the floor. He seems to get that reaction out of me today. "Darling, she's in your belly. She already loves you."

"Obviously." I continue to tease him. "But she loves you too. She's still kicking because she can feel your hand and she recognizes your voice."

"I have that reaction on the ladies."

I jokingly swat his chest and he smiles. His gaze shifts to something behind him, I impulsively follow his stare, he's examining the people boarding the ship. Morana and Tariq are the first ones to go. She holds the baby while he helps her with her bags. 

Odd... Maybe he truly likes her. 

"We should join the others now," Raze states. I nod and he gets up, helping me up too.

He doesn't close the doors of the death machine because a guard enters the death machine and takes it to the other ship, the larger one. And when Raze said large he meant it. This ship is huge!

It's dark blue, unlike the brown one we're taking. It doesn't have any windows but from the looks of it, it has four levels. That's humongous! "Raze, how many death machines are you bringing along?"

"Not that much, darling. All our clothes, personal items, and other possessions are being loaded into this one. Trust me you'll thank me."

"Hmm, okay. We're taking this one right?" I point to the still very large brown ship. 

"Yes, you're going to love the captain." 

The way he says it makes me crinkle my brows. He tugs me along to the ship, kindly helping me to board it. When we do, the first person standing in front of us is who I assume to be the captain. 

He's a tall man with long hair and when he smiles I notice he has a golden tooth. He's very tan and it must be from the constant sun he has to endure while he navigates the most dangerous sea of all. The kinidurn sea. 

"Emperor! Empress!" He grins, stepping to us and holding his hand out for both of us. Raze shakes his hand first and then I do. He holds my hand a little longer and asks if he can kiss it. He's a respectful man, I like that. I nod and he places a swift kiss on my hand.

"I'm Captain Dalton Sykes."

"Nice to meet you Captain!" I smile. "Now first and foremost, thank you for accepting us onto your ship. What's the name of this beauty?"

"Oh, I like her alright." he cackles when I ask that. He exceptionally theatrically turns around and holds his arms out to his ship, "Welcome aboard The Atlantis!"

I applaud and hear the crew join in, screaming and whistling. "Lovely name for a lovely ship. So did you ever find Atlantis?"

"Nah but when I do, no need to worry. I will rebuild it on an island with all of its glory!" His crew screams and whistles again but I find myself turning to Raze.

"Is this-"

"A pirate ship?" Captain Sykes finishes my question for me. "Aye, it's a pirate ship!"

My eyes widen and yet again my apparently loose jaw drops, "Fuck yeah!" I find myself slapping Raze's arm out of excitement. 

"I made an agreement with Captain Sykes before the truce but I'm a man of my word so we're going with The Atlantis," he explains.

I give him a quick side hug before refocusing on Captain Sykes, "Tell me all about the Kinidurn sea. Have you found the lost royal ship? That must be every pirate's number one goal right?"

"It is... A very curious ship that one. Some say it's already been found..."

"By who?" I ask, listening intently.

The Captain suspiciously glances around and just when I think he's going to tell me he decides against it, he motions me to come closer and I do, "I can't be spilling me pirate secrets, lassie. Do ye know what they do to traitors?"

"I have an idea but I'm not supposed to utter his name, am I?"

He points his finger at me, eyes somewhat squinted, "Blow me down! Aye!" he yells and I see the way Raze instantly looks over at us, I laugh, and Raze just frowns. 

I love stories so obviously I'm very well aware of a lot of myths, including the locker of Davy Jones. Now, I love pirate stories but these people truly believe them and... To a point, I do too. How can you not?

"The Empress is a buccaneer at heart!" he calls out to his crew. 

I bid the Captain farewell for now while one of his crew members show us to our cabin. The first thing I do is happily squeal, "I can't believe we're on a pirate ship! I need to act cool, I know but I can't! God, I do hope nothing happens. I love the stories but we can't have a real fight, not now that is... Later... Well later, I might even join them."

"Fallon." Raze warns, widening his eyes at me.

"What?" I shrug with a smirk on my face, "I can't not join them if they ask me to. Come on, fighting on land is one thing but imagine fighting on water! Oh! Oh! This is why you have another ship!"

He nods, "Precisely. I paid them well and I'll pay them again but I'm not taking any risks. Our personal belongings except for a few clothes are on the other ship."

"You're so smart." I compliment him, seductively stepping to him and taking the bag he was holding out of his hands. "So kind... So attractive..." I move up on the tip of my toes, pushing my hands into his hair, leaving kisses up his neck, "So fucking attractive."

"The pirates are turning you aren't they?" he chuckles.

"Hmm, no. Not the pirates. But the thought of seeing you dressed like one... That definitely is."

"Done." He hastily answers, his hands wrapped around my waist when his lips find mine. I'm starting to undress him when a knock on our cabin door stops me, "Sit down, darling. Get comfortable." he steps to the door while I settle on top of the bed.

I'm certainly not staying down here when all the action is upstairs. 

Our cabin is nice. Not too big, not too small. We have a bed, a single desk and that's about it. We don't need more anyway.

When Raze opens the door, my sweet wolveleon rushes in. "Ah, here's my boy!" He rushes to me, settling in front of me with his head on my lap. I brush his soft fur like I always do and he loves it. "He's getting so big, Raze."

"He really is." He nods, looking down at him.

"I'm surprised the Captain allowed it."

"He's getting paid for it." Raze smirks.

I'm about to say something else when the captain calls everyone onto the deck, us included. He tells us that we're about to set sail and I even watch them hoist the Jolly Roger up into its place. I can't help but smile and Raze smiles at my reaction.

"Ah, there they are!" Mera calls out when she sees where Raze and I are standing. When she reaches, I immediately tug her to me and hug her. It feels like I haven't seen her for so long which is stupid because I just saw her this morning.

"Okay doll, take it slow, you can have me for however long you want." 

"Don't let your husband hear that." I taunt her.

"Or yours." She chuckles in response. 

I pull away from her and squish her cheeks, "You look so adorable today!" Mera frowns and then rolls her eyes, "The hormones, I assume?" she directs her question to Raze instead of me. The man just smiles and walks away.

"No. You just look cute. Come here, let me hug you again." 

Mera fake sighs, "Alright then! Since you begged me, come here!"

I giggle and hug her again, I can feel my bump pressing against her stomach and that only makes me laugh more.

"I love seeing you smiley." Mera says once she pulls away.

"Thank youuu," I continue to smile. "Even though it's supposedly just a year of peace it makes me feel better. I'm sure I'll start having panic attacks when the date nears but right now I just can't be bothered. We're going to Hulsa! We're going to be together and undoubtedly safe... It just- I don't know, Mer. I'm really trying."

"I know doll. I'm so proud of how you're holding up. You've come such a long way."

"What do you mean?" I frown.

"The old Fallon would've either gone and gotten herself killed by trying to take an entire army out on her own or she would've excluded herself from everyone else."

"Huh," I let out, "You're right. That's exactly what I would've done."

I can't say I've changed that much because I've thought about both options. Hideo Alize will die at my hands for threatening my family, for thinking he can make a trade with my husband, for daring to say that he'll hurt my unborn daughter. I will kill him.

Once my daughter is born, once she's safe, I'm going to kill him. We're going to fight. But until that day I'm going to remain happy, healthy, and most importantly alive.

"Shit, I made you think too much about it, sorry."

"Mer you didn't." I give her a comforting brush over her arm, "I was just lost in my murder fantasy."

She chuckles, "Good. Also, I've got to say... I'm a rebel but I feel like the pirate life fits me too."

"Agreed!" Caen abruptly yells, a bottle of rum in his hands and a drunken-looking Sorin beside him.

"We just got here." Corvina scolds when she sees them.

I laugh at their drunkenness but instantly think about Zale. We're stuck here for two weeks. A ship filled to the brim with rum. "Please don't fall overboard, I'll be back."

But when I reach Zale, right beside a few crew members, I see that he's smiling and laughing with Raze. I don't want to interrupt their moment. I'll talk to him later and if I can't I'm sure Mera, Corvina, Sorin, and apparently now even Raze might.

So I begin to move back to the drunken men when suddenly I feel like I'm going to be sick. I grab onto the rope hanging beside me and try not to look at the water. It's extremely blue and in some parts, I can see deep into the ocean. I have this nagging feeling in my stomach, a cold sweat dripping down my body.

"Puke in this, lassie." Someone hands me a bucket, I thank them and gradually make my way down to the cabin. I manage to lay in bed without throwing up. Arcane jumps up, snuggling with me to comfort me.

Not much time passes and Raze joins me too.

I feel this way for about three days. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one. Tariq, Zale, Zillah, and even Sorin were feeling bad too.

When I finally feel like I can go up on deck again, I curse the sea gods for what they throw my way.

"Avast ye!" The Captain calls out, all the crew members rush toward him to see what he's talking about so I assume this means look? We all follow their example and join the Captain. "Sail ho!"

"What does that mean?" Raze asks but this is one of the few sentences that I do know.

I shouldn't be surprised. We're never safe. It's just not in our blood. The danger is wherever we are.

"It means that there's another ship in view," I reply. "And from the looks of it, they're pirates too." The Jolly Roger flag is hanging high and it's very noticeable. 

I sigh, our luck is seriously cursed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 12.8K 91
Book Two in the Mad Queen Series! Don't continue to read if you don't want spoilers for book one! Once, they were strong and united. Now, they are se...
3.9M 172K 49
Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ---------------------------- In a time of u...
4K 302 49
Howling with the Prince, Love Cole is Book 3of The Vampire Waltz Collection The Queen of Roses has returned to her King. The werewolves now has a K...
13.2K 934 82
"This bounty is mine, Xander," He said. It was the first time I ever heard his name. Xander smirked, "Kill me first, then take her." He proposed arr...