Battle Scars (Yang x Male Rea...

By Darkdragon647

It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in t... More

Meeting Her Family
The Festival Begins
JNPR vs. BRNZ
SSSN vs. NDGO
Walking on Ice
CVFY vs. CMNE
RWBY vs. FNKI
Too Early to Celebrate
Fairy Tales
Familiar Faces
Secrets
An Unexpected Turn
A Monster Again
Destiny
In the Shadows
Divide and Conquer (Part 1)
Divide and Conquer (Part 2)
Divide and Conquer (Part 3)
Beginning of the End
Estranged
Aftermath
An Unhappy Ending

Winter's Arrival

323 10 0
By Darkdragon647

You and your teammates were all chasing after Weiss who was now running off ahead of all of you excitedly. 

Ruby: Weiss, wait!

Yang: I think this is the first time I've actually seen her excited about something. 

Blake: What would excite her so much?

y/n: Well, that ship from earlier is her sister Winter's ship.

Ruby: Really?

Blake: She must really like her sister.

You all made your way into the front courtyard where Winter's ship was now landing. You all saw Winter walk off the ship with some Atlesian robots and soldiers. 

Weiss stopped a good distance from the airship as the rest of you all stopped behind her. Weiss then called out to Winter.

Weiss: Winter!

Winter locked eyes with Weiss and began to walk forward. Weiss then began to run up to Winter as you all followed behind.

Weiss: Winter! I'm so happy to see you! 

Weiss then paused and corrected her posture.

Weiss: Oh, your presence honors us.

Weiss gave a bow and your teammates all looked at each other confused at why Weiss would need to correct herself when talking to her sister. You weren't surprised as you remembered Winter to be incredibly strict when other soldiers were around.

Winter walked up to all of you as she observed the area.

Winter: Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels... different.

Winter then locked eyes with you.

Winter: Ah, I see you've met my little sister y/n.

y/n: I have. She's an awful lot like you.

Weiss: So, what are you doing here?

Winter turned to Weiss.

Winter: Classified.

Weiss didn't seem to mind her sister's one-word answer, but the rest of you felt disappointed that she was very short with her response to her own sister.

Weiss: Oh right, well, how long are you staying?

Winters expression became even more serious.

Winter: Classified.

Yang scoffed at Winter for being very short with her own sister again. She then began to whisper to you.

Yang: *Whispering* Is she always like this?

y/n: *Whispering* Unfortunately yes.

Weiss: Of course.

Ruby: Well, this is nice... I think.

Weiss: You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it? I-

Winter cut Weiss off.

Winter: I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its bureaucracy. That is not why I came.

Weiss: Right! I'm sorry.

Winter: Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears I have no choice in the matter. 

Weiss: But we won. 

Yang: Yeah! And we kicked butt while doing it!

Yang pounded her fists together in eagerness. Weiss then snapped her head around and shushed Yang before turning back to face Winter.

Winter: Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed.

Weiss hung her head in shame. Ruby then whispered in your ear.

Ruby: *Whispering* Was she like this with you?

y/n: *Whispering* Nope. She was a lot worse.

Winter then gestured to the robots and guards behind her. 

Winter: Leave us.

The robots and soldiers all took a few steps back. Winter then sighed and her composure was now much less serious.

Winter: How have you been?

The rest of team RWBY seemed shocked that Winter was actually acknowledging Weiss as her sister now but you expected this out of Winter. 

Blake: *Quietly* Pfft. 'Bout time.

Weiss: Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in second place in our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderfully too. I'm-

Winter smacked Weiss on the head leaving a bump. 

Winter: Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking. I asked how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?

Weiss: Well there's my teammates.

Weiss gestured to all of you. Ruby then snorted as she pushed Weiss's bump back into her head.

Ruby: Boob.

Winter looked unimpressed at all of you.

Winter: I see... I don't believe I caught the rest of your names. 

Yang: I'm Yang.

Blake: Blake.

Ruby: I'm Ruby... it's... an honor to meet you.

Winter looked at Ruby. 

Winter: Ah, so you're the leader my sister wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming.

Yang: Hey!

Ruby put her hand on Yang's shoulder. 

Ruby: It's ok Yang.

Winter: Greetings Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister.

Ruby nervously put her hands behind her back and stood up straight.

Ruby: Oh yes! Of course!

Ruby then saluted Winter before feeling turning to a bow instead.

Ruby: The honor is in my... court.

Ruby then almost fell over as she was standing awkwardly in her boots but Yang caught her and helped her regain balance. Winter gave Ruby a serious and unimpressed glare before turning to you.

Winter: If I recall correctly my sister has also written to me that you are on a team with her as well. Is that correct y/n?

y/n: It is. We're supposed to be in the doubles matches tomorrow.

Winter: Is that so? Well, you had better prove to be a reliable ally to her y/n. I have high expectations for both of you.

y/n: Of course. We'll do our best to work off of each other.

Winter: See that you do.

Winter nodded at you and turned back to Weiss.

Winter: Now then, I have business with the general and your headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?

Winter actually gave Weiss a smile that showed some form of sisterly love that caught the rest of team RWBY off guard. Weiss seemed excited at the idea of being able to spend time with her sister.

Winter: Really!?

Winter: Yes. I wish to inspect them and make sure they are up to my personal standards.

Winter began to walk off with Weiss as the Atlesian robots followed behind.

Weiss: Of course. Just so you're aware... the bunkbeds only look unstable.

Winter: Bunk beds?

Ruby: I'll catch up- Wait. Uhhh... I mean. I will... reconvene... with you both at a later... JUNCTURE!

Ruby looked unsure for a moment but still seemed confident.

Ruby: At a juncture, yeah.

Blake looked suddenly worried.

Blake: Uh... Don't look through the books on the left side. Those are... 

Blake blushed.

Blake: private.

You chuckled knowing what Blake was talking about.

y/n: I can't believe you still have that filth.

Blake snapped her head towards you.

Blake: SHUT UP!

You shrugged off Blake's attitude.

y/n: Pfft. Whatever.

Yang: Well... she seems... nice?

y/n: Yeah, well she's just used to being strict. 

Yang looked at you with a playful smile.

Yang: Suddenly that explains a lot about you.

y/n: Hey!

Yang chuckled.

Yang: Oh come on, I was just messing with you. Besides how about we go hang out while Weiss catches up with her even colder sister?

Ruby: Yeah! Let's do it!

You, Ruby, Yang, and Blake all began walking off to hang out before calling it a day but you all soon began to hear a commotion from the courtyard. You all went to investigate to see Winter fighting a man with a big sword-like weapon. You all found Weiss in the crowd surrounding the fight.

Ruby: What's going on?

Weiss: Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister.

y/n: What?

Ruby: Oh no. That's-

Yang and Ruby both suddenly smiled as they saw the man in the fight.

Yang: That's our uncle!

y/n: Wait! Uncle!?

Yang and Ruby began cheering on the fight.

Ruby: Kick her butt uncle Qrow!

Yang: Show her whose boss!

Weiss began to cheer on Winter.

Weiss: Teach him respect, Winter!

Blake: Yeah, I'm staying out of this.

Both Winter and Yang and Ruby's uncle Qrow were dashing across the area they were fighting in at blinding speeds while making swift and precise strikes against each other. After a bit of fighting Winter managed to strike Qrow across the face with the hilt of her sword. But Qrow snapped his head back at her and lifted up his sword ready to make a heavy blow. Winter managed to use a glyph to launch herself away from Qrow as he struck the ground with his weapon making a massive crater. Winter managed to land in the grass near where they were fighting and Qrow went after her with his weapon again. He slashed at Winter who ducked under his blade as it cut through the light post next to where Winter was. The light post fell to the ground as Winter jumped over it and did a flip as she attack with her sword from above, but Qrow block her attack with his weapon. Qrow then attempted to attack Winter as she landed from the flip but she leaped into the air again and landed on the end of Qrows weapon. Winter smirked at Qrow and kicked him in the face as she did another backflip. Qrow threw his weapon at her as she landed but she did yet another backflip and avoided the attack. Winter landed on a nearby balcony as Qrow fired a shot at her from what looked to be the gun part of his weapon. Winter leaped out of the way yet again and clung to a pillar that was holding up the entrance gate to Beacon. Qrow began running up next to the pillar Winter clung to and Winter began to run up the pillar reaching the top of the gate. Qrow then began using his weapon in gun mode and began shooting at Winter as she ran along the top of the gate. After a few missed shots one seemed to finally hit her. But Winter leaped out of the smoke and seemed to now be doing a leap attack at Qrow. Qrow then readied his weapon and held it out in front of him. WInter then pulled a second sword out of her main sword. Winter attacked with both swords but was parried with Qrow's weapon. The collision of their attacks made another huge crater in the courtyard. The two then began making swift precise strikes against each other before Winter knocked him away towards you, Yang, Ruby, and Weiss. Qrow slowed himself down by driving his weapon into the ground. Winter then spun her main sword around and drove it into the ground as she created a glyph beneath her. You then saw as dozens of small white nevermore all came flying out of it and towards Qrow. The onslaught seemed to overwhelm him but, Qrow then swung his weapon with great force at Winter creating a sword beam with the wind disrupting Winter's glyph. Winter then readied a glyph behind her as it looked like she was getting ready to charge at Qrow. Qrow then began to convert his weapon it looked like the blade was becoming curved but suddenly Qrow stopped himself and instead put his weapon away. You looked at what might have stopped him and you saw General Ironwood walking up with Penny from behind Winter. 

y/n: Winter! Wait!

But Winter was distracted by Qrow gesturing her to come to him. Winter got mad and began to charge at him with the help of her glyph. But she stopped right before striking Qrow at the sound of General Ironwood calling out to her.

General Ironwood: SCHNEE!

Winter looked behind her with a shameful expression. She then stood at attention as she turned to face General Ironwood.

Winter: General Ironwood sir!

General Ironwood: What in the world do you think you're doing?

Winter: He started the altercation, sir.

Qrow: That's actually not true. She attacked first.

General Ironwood turned to you.

General Ironwood: Is that right?

y/n: I didn't see the fight start, sir.

The rest of the crowd all then came forward and confirmed Winter did in fact start the fight. General Ironwood let out a sigh of disappointment as WInter hung her head in shame. He then turned his attention to Qrow.

General Ironwood: And you. 

Qrow pointed to himself in confusion as General Ironwood walked up to him.

General Ironwood: What are you doing here?

Qrow: I could be asking you the same thing.

General Ironwood: I-

General Ironwood was cut off by Professor Ozpin as he walked up to the crowd with Professor Goodwitch. 

Professor Ozpin: Now, now everyone. There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the colosseum that I can assure you has better seats. And popcorn.

Professor Goodwitch stepped forward and instructed everyone to leave.

Professor Goodwitch: Break it up, everyone! We will take care of this mess.

General Ironwood tightened his necktie and turned angrily towards Winter. 

General Ironwood: Let's go.

General Ironwood, Professor Goodwitch, Professor Ozpin, and Penny all began walking off with the Atlesian robots. Penny waved goodbye to Ruby and Ruby waved back. Ruby then ran up and clung to Qrow. 

Ruby: Uncle Qrow!

Yang also began to run up to Qrow while gesturing for you to come with them.

Yang: Come on!

You followed Yang and stood next to Qrow who had Ruby clinging to his arm.

Ruby: Ahh, it's so good to see you. Did you miss me? Did you miss me!?

Qrow looked at Ruby with a playful smile.

Qrow: *Jokingly* Nope.

Qrow patted Ruby on the head and let her down.

Yang: It's been a while Uncle Qrow. How have you been?

Qrow: Good now that I've gotten to see my nieces.

Qrow turned to look at you.

Qrow: Now who's this?

Yang held your hand and presented you to her uncle.

Yang: This is my boyfriend, y/n. I introduced him to dad yesterday when we celebrated Summer's birthday.

Qrow went wide-eyed for a moment.

Qrow: Well, my niece must trust you a lot if she invited you to that.

Qrow offered you a fistbump. 

Qrow: Good to meet you kid.

You were confident he liked you since Tai seemed to like you.

y/n: Good to meet you too sir.

You accepted Qrow's fist bump but Qrow then pulled you in close and began to whisper in your ear.

Qrow: *Whispering* If you break her heart. I'll kill you.

You suddenly realized he probably didn't like you that much. Qrow then backed away. 

Yang: Oh Uncle Qrow stop it. He's not like that.

Qrow smirked at Yang.

Qrow: Hmm. I'll take your word for it.

Professor Ozpin then called out for Qrow.

Professor Ozpin: Qrow! A word, please.

Professor Goodwitch then used her telekinesis semblance to repair the turf from Qrow and Winter's fight. Qrow turned towards Yang and Ruby.

Qrow: I think I'm in trouble.

Ruby: You did kind of tear up our courtyard.

Qrow winked at Ruby.

Qrow: Yeah, I did.

Qrow and Ruby fist-bumped each other. 

Qrow: Catch you later, kid.

Qrow walked off with Professor Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch. Weiss then walked up to Ruby and Yang. 

Weiss: And suddenly you're guys' recklessness makes sense.

Ruby: You're just made 'cause he whooped butt. 

Yang: Yeah! He totally showed up your sister!

Weiss: That was a draw at best.

Blake then began walking back to the dorm. 

Blake: Can we just go now, please? It's getting dark.

y/n: Yeah, Blake's right. We should get some rest for tomorrow we're going to need to be at our best for the tournament.

You and your teammates then began walking to the dorm once you got there Winter stopped Weiss before you all entered the dorm.

Winter: Weiss, if you're going to be in the doubles round with y/n tomorrow then I need to speak with you before you have your fight. 

Weiss looked a little concerned but nodded at Winter. 

Weiss: Alright.

Winter: Good now rest well dear sister. 

Weiss: Goodnight.

Weiss, Ruby, and Blake all made their way to their rooms as you and Yang decided to say your farewells for the night to each other. You and Yang were hugging each other while resting your forehead on each other.

Yang: Good luck tomorrow. 

y/n: Thanks. Do you really think Weiss and I are the best pairings out there?

Yang: Absolutely babe. I remember how you fought when I first saw you use your semblance. If you had Weiss helping you out with her glyphs and dust. You'd be unstoppable. As much as I'd love to go out there with you and kick butt with you I really do think this is the best choice. Besides you and Weiss might be able to learn to work together better by doing this.

y/n: Yeah, I guess you're right.

Yang: Goodnight babe. I love you.

y/n: I love you too. 

You and Yang then exchanged your goodnight kiss and both went to bed in your rooms. 

Switching Perspectives to Cinder's perspective.

Cinder was pacing in her room with Mercury and Emerald.

Cinder: And you're sure?

Mercury: Bad hair, used a scythe and smelled like my dad after a long day. It was him.

Emerald: What do we do?

Cinder: We stick to the plan. He doesn't know who we are. So we keep a low profile until the time is right.

Emerald: Speaking of which. Did you figure out what you're going to do with the edgelord's brother?

Cinder: As a matter of fact yes. But it's not quite time for that. Adam wants his brother alone and that won't be difficult. But right now it's important we focus on what's coming up next.

Cinder pulled out her scroll and saw she now had access to General Ironwood's scroll.

Cinder: Ah. And from the looks of it, we have a new access point. 

Emerald: Anything good?

Cinder: A good one indeed. Now go ahead and go to your rooms. I'll make sure to have everything prepared for tomorrow.

Emerald and Mercury left to go to their rooms while Cinder began altering the doubles match lineups.

Cinder: Now then. Let's start things off with an interesting fight. 

Here we go next up are the doubles flights. I hope you're all excited. Sorry, it took me a bit to finish this one up. It was a bit longer than usual. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for all your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 778 23
Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself, seeing how it changed his older brother...
57.9K 786 47
You are Y/N Xiao Long, the brother of Yang Xiao Long. His mother was also Raven. Also Yang and Y/N are non-identical twins. So what happens when Y/N...
1.1K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
42.6K 842 30
Adam had always done whatever he needed to do for the Faunus but he did so in a way that was unlike any other that we know of. This led to him going...