Sovereignty

By jmkrb1

BOOK 2 of Serendipity ! Just when Carlotta thought she found her serendipity in Greek Mafia Don Evangelos Kos... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
So angelo's always been a bitch, huh?
You stole my kill
Lovesick puppy
The misunderstanding
If you tell, I'll throw you in the pool
I love you

60

26.2K 835 419
By jmkrb1

"So what are our club personalities?" I ask Mateo as we walk hand-in-hand down the dark streets of New York.

Mateo looks down at me, and I see his confused expression illuminated by the heavy traffic, "Club personalities?" He repeats.

I nod my head, "Uhuh, we need to create new identities, wow people. Fuck with them, it's fun." I shrug, and I can't believe he hasn't done this before.

Mateo scoffs a laugh, "Oh cause telling people we run mafia's isn't believable enough?" He says smugly and I scowl at him.

"Lighten up." I whine, and swing our hands exaggeratedly as we walk.

Mateo cracks a smile, "Okay. Who are we tonight then?" He asks and I grin.

"Hmm. My name is... Arabella!" I say and Mateo gives me a look.

"Real original idiot." He comments and I send him a glare. He rolls his eyes, swinging our hands even more, "Then I'll be Rodrick." He counters.

I purse my lips, "You're my husband and you're rich from selling..." I trail off, trying to think of something Rodrick would sell.

Mateo starts to think too, humming to himself as we cross the street.

I snort, "You're rich because you invented cat litter."

Mateo gasps, "Arabella! I treat you well with my cat shit money." He jokes, smirking down at me as I shake my head.

"So then it's sorted, Rodrick. To anyone who asks, we're married. It will hopefully keep the creeps at bay." I jide and he nods his head enthusiastically.

He grins mischievously before nudging my side, "We could make it interesting and say we're swingers." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

I grimace and push him away, "Ew no. Fuck off." I laugh, "We're trying to keep the creeps away, not get them in our bed."

Mateo laughs loudly before turning more serious, "Just don't tell your actual husband." He side glances me and I roll my eyes.

"I think we're past that point Mateo." I tease and he chuckles, letting go of my hand and pulling me to his side as we approach the club.

"What is this place anyways?" Mateo asks, squinting his eyes as he looks up at the neon pink sign spelling 'Stripped' above the entrance.

I grin, "This is a place Hailey recommended."

Mateo gives me a look, "Well that can't be good."

I frown and punch him lightly on his arm, "Be nice." I scold and he scrunches his face in disapproval.

"You were my friend first." He mutters under his breath and I pretend to ignore him, continuing my explanation.

"Anyways," I say pointedly, and he's a good boy and listens, "It's like a Karaoke bar but instead of singing you strip dance." I gush excitedly.

Mateo's eyes widened, "For free?" He exclaims.

I roll my eyes, "C'mon it'll be fun."

Mateo narrows his eyes at me as we move up in the queue outside the venue, "Fine." He says and I break out into a grin, "But you're not dancing."

My grin drops dramatically, "Mateo." I whine pathetically, grabbing the front of his jacket and hanging off him. He looks down at me with a set jaw, "Please, why not?"

A muscle in his jaw ticks, before he grabs my arms and detaches me from him, "Because I'm not having a bunch of 'creeps' as you put it, staring at you." He shakes his head, dismissing the idea.

"But-" I try to plead.

"No Car. Not happening." He says sternly and I pout.

"You sound like my brothers." I grunt, crossing my arms pettily as I move forward in the line ahead of him.

He sighs, "Look, babe, if you want to give me a strip tease so badly, you can at home." Mateo teases in my ear and I shriek.

"Mateo!!" I exclaim, capturing some people's attention from around us, "Gods, you're worse than Andreas!" I shake my head, putting a few steps between us.

Mateo laughs obnoxiously, "Nah, if Andreas were here he would let you up on that stage for his own selfish reasons."

I narrowed my eyes, "Then maybe I should've gone out with him instead." I retort sassily.

Mateo looks at me, "No, I'm your favourite." He says, his tone all serious.

We have a stare off for a few seconds before I give in and break the eye contact with a smile, "Whatever you dork. You're my favourite." I admit and he grins widely pulling me in for a hug.

"You're still not dancing." He kisses the top of my head and I whine again.

"Next." The voice of the bouncer calls and Mateo and I turn to him, pulling out our fake IDs and handing them over.

The bouncer glances at them lazily before handing them back and letting us in.

I get excited and dash forward into the club, hearing Mateo say my name behind me as he catches up and grips my hand tightly with his.

He sends me a look, "Stay with me." He demands and I nod my head as we enter the main area, music thumping loudly as a friend group of 2 girls and 2 boys take their turn on the main stage.

I smile as they do their best strip dance efforts, though it wasn't very graceful. But everyone was laughing and having a good time, the dance floor was packed with bouncing bodies and the bar was busy mixing drinks.

I quickly realised I couldn't be here sober.

With an affirmative tug, I pull Mateo towards the bar, indicating we should get something to drink. It was so loud that we couldn't speak normally- not unless we spoke directly in each other's ear.

When we got to the bar I tug Mateo down to my height and place my lips by his ear, "What do you want to drink?" I speak into his ear loudly, and he shifts our positions so he can talk into mine.

"You choose." He says and pulls back. I nod and smile widely.

I turn to the bar and have to lean over with how tall it is. I can feel my dress riding up dangerously high.

I catch a bartender's attention and suddenly feel someone at my back, only to realise Mateo's grabbed the hem of my dress and is keeping it pulled down whilst standing directly behind me with a frown.

Stupid protective boys.

I smile and turn to the bartender who puts his ear by my lips so I can put in our order, "Two pornstar martinis and four shots of tequila!" I tell him and he pulls back with a smile and nods, getting to work on our drinks.

I hop down from where I'm leaning on the bar and turn to Mateo, who's stood very close behind me. I send him a grin in thanks and he gives me a disdainful look.

Stupid angry protective boys.

Our drinks get placed on the bar in front of us and I pull out two $20 dollar bills from my bra, handing it to the bartender who winks in thanks.

I grab Mateo's martini and hand it to him. He looks at the glass, then to me, then the glass and then back to me with a bored expression.

I could perfectly understand what he was saying, 'A fucking pornstar martini?'

I only pushed the glass further towards him so he got my message loud and clear, 'Drink up little boy.'

He does as he's told with a roll of his eyes, practically chugging the martini with no reaction whatsoever and putting the glass down on the bar.

"Fucking psycho." I mumble to myself as I take sips of my martini, how it's supposed to be drunk.

Once I'd finished we took our two tequila shots, making me officially drunk enough to dance.

I push off the bar and Mateo follows me wide-eyed, grabbing my hand so we don't get split apart.

I drag him to the middle of the dance floor and turn to pull him to me, the room spinning with my drunk high.

Mateo was so obviously not drunk, but he danced with me regardless, spinning me around and twirling me like we were in our own little world.

He matched my smile, and we danced for what felt like an hour, before I really needed to pee. Plus, the floor was shaking. Or was it me?

It was definitely the floor.

I grip Mateo's neck and drag his tall ass down to me, "Rodrick I need to pee." I whine, "And can you make the earthquake go away? It's bothering me." I add on.

He pulls back and suppresses a smile before bringing his mouth to my ear, "I'll take you to the bathroom Arabella, and I'll make the earthquake go away." He replies.

I grin widely at him and he rolls his eyes, pushing through the crowd roughly so no one touches me as we make it to the back.

We go through a doorway into a corridor, where the music is now only a distant thumping noise.

I head to the ladies room, and I'm about to push open the door before Mateo catches my arm.

"No, I need you where I can see you." He tells me and I laugh drunkenly.

"Rodrick, if you have a piss kink-" I begin to slur my words slightly and Mateo slaps his hand over my mouth.

"Carlotta." He warns in a low voice, "Be not drunk for one second." He chastises.

I roll my eyes, "Just come in with me. You're bi and taken, it's fine." I shrug and go to walk in, but he pulls me to him again.

"No Carlotta, that doesn't matter, I'm not making other women feel uncomfortable by being in their bathroom and overstepping my boundaries." He says, and I think on his words for a second.

I nod and stumble a little, falling into his arms as two drunk women push past me into the bathroom.

Mateo wraps a protective arm around me and glares at the closing door.

My bladder tingles. "Mateo I'm going to piss myself." I say and Mateo instantly starts panicking.

"Oh shit." He says and looks around before I groan and push away from him, walking further down the hall.

"Where are you going?" He asks, chasing after me.

I head to the men's room and he widens his eyes, "To piss." I remark and push the door open, "You can stand outside my stall here. I don't care."

I push into the room and find it empty, Mateo rushing in after me.

I smile sloppily and spread my arms out, "See? All good." I sniff and immediately regret it, "Oh fuck, it smells like shit in here though." I grimace, the shock of the smell kicking me a little out of my drunken state.

Mateo levels me an amused look, "Ironic isn't it?" He says and I shake my head and shuffle into one of the stalls.

I see Mateo's feet move outside the door and smile. Always playing the guard dog.

Even when no one else was in here-

I just sit down and pee, sniffling as I begin to catch a cold in the stuffy club, my nose running a little.

"You okay?" Mateo asks.

"Mhm." I respond, sniffing again and flushing the toilet.

Mateo steps aside so I can get out of the door and I go to wash my hands in the row of sinks.

"You sure?" He steps up behind me and I sniff again, shaking my hands to dry them off.

"Yeah, just a sniffle." I shrug, before a large yawn escapes my mouth and Mateo frowns.

"We should go, hm? You're tired and getting sick." He says worriedly, taking a step closer to me to put a hand on my forehead. "And you're hot." His frown deepens.

I realise my head is pounding, but I still manage a deviant smile, "I know I am."

Mateo scoffs, "Ever the arrogant asshole. You and Gigi are perfect for each other." He teases and I laugh, wrapping my arms around him and giving him a hug.

He freezes a little before hugging me back tightly.

"What's this for?" He mutters, and I shrug against him.

"Thanks for taking me out tonight." I tell him, "And I just felt like it. Can't I hug my best friend?" I asked him and look up.

He can't stop the large smile on his face as he shakes his head.

I smirk, "And I want to make sure I pass on my cold to you."

Mateo immediately pushes me away and I burst out laughing as he looks at me with pure disgust.

He points at me, "You," He begins, "You are evil." He accuses me and I just keep laughing at him.

Though I suddenly halt when I hear the door to the bathroom open loudly, and Mateo snaps to attention.

He's in front of me before I know it, practically pushing me into the sink counter as he blocks my entire view.

I hear footsteps enter and they immediately halt.

Mateo lets out a long breath, "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

I frown and peek my head out from beside him, only to see Apollo frozen in the middle of the bathroom, eyeing us in surprise. 

___________________________________________________________

it feels good to update consistently again :)

tysm for all your congratulations yesterday 😭😭 you're all so sweet to me

i hope you enjoyed reading!!

ily all soooo much and see you again next time <3!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 13.3K 68
Book 1 of ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–š๐–‡ ๐–˜๐–Š๐–—๐–Ž๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–ค“ ๐”–๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐” ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ข๐”ก ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ช๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฐ ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ก ๐”ด๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ข ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ฏ ๐”ฐ๐” ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฐ ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”จ๐”ข...
82.4K 4.1K 26
"You know for someone with your name, you're reputation with love is something else," "That's because none of them were you, now come back and let m...
457K 9K 60
"I am Camellia. Camellia Celestia Durazzo and I bow to no man". Dive into the tumultuous life of Camellia Celestia Durazzo, Every moment is a battle...
2.9M 84K 49
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 1 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. I...