I'm a hidden boss in the duel...

By Gilthur

Note: This story is a fanfiction of a Yugioh Fanfiction. Summary: One night he suddenly found himself waking... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 35

1.5K 75 8
By Gilthur

Chapter 35: Konami Vs Joey

        Under the stares of the audience of the Duel Arena and the host, the red cap duelist Konami and Joey exchanged their cards to each other and shuffled them before returning them to their owners.

The two then decided who would choose the sides on the coin toss by rock paper scissors. Jonouchi won the game.

" Okay! I choose heads! "

The Host then performed the coin toss. It was tails.

Before the two got onto their respective duel platforms, the Host announced something important while holding a paper in his hands.

" During the duel, I would assist in explaining Mister Konami's card effects so please be prepared when the time comes. "

The red cap duelist nodded his head at the host. Whether it was a sign of gratefulness or gratitude no one knows. Joey then look at the red cap with a complicated expression before the host started to speak again.

" Now everyone here is the next duel! Duelist 125 from the Eastern Block Katsuya Jounouchi and also from the same block, Duelist 1023 Akai Konami! DUEL!! "

[ Akai Konami LP2000 ]

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP2000 ]

" The first duelist who would take his move was duelist Akai. What would be his move? "

Under everyone's stare, the red cap duelist places a card on his trap & spell zone. To their surprise, both of the players on the platform's life points increase to 1000.

[ Akai Konami LP2000 → 3000 ]

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP2000 →3000 ]

" An unexpected move! Duelist Akai activated his spell card which gives both him and his opponents 1000 life points! "

A card then appeared in the field in a set position.

" Fast and without hesitation, Duelist Akai set a card in defense position and ended his turn! Now, it was Duelist Katsuya's turn! "

" It's my turn! "

Jonouchi declared as he stared at his hand cards. He glances at his silent opponent on the opposite side who seems to look calm. Sighing and gritting his teeth, his luck wasn't good enough as he get a weak starter monster. But he wouldn't let things like this discourage him! He wouldn't admit defeat.

" I activate my spell card Hinotama which inflicts 500 life points damage to my opponent! Take that! "

[ Akai Konami LP 3000→2500 ]

" I set a card and end my turn! "

" Duelist Katsuya also set a card and ended his turn. Looks like our 2 duelists are very cautious and grasp each other move! "

Konami glanced at his opponent and draw his card while feeling secretly surprised inside his mind. It seems that Joey was starting to learn and grasp the card lessons given to him from both Yugi and his grandpa.

" Duelist Akai activated a spell card red medicine that makes it look like Duelist Katsuya's previous damage dealt with him uselessly! "

[ Akai Konami LP 2500 → 3000 ]

" He set a card again! Looks like he was in defensive or he doesn't have any good cards. Now it was his opponent's turn! "

" I DRAW! "

Joey declared as he stared at his card. Then a smile was revealed on his face.

" Okay! Here I go! Looks like my luck is at peak today and you're not. I summon a monster in attack position! "

[ Garoozis < Level 4 > 1800/1500 ]

" I activate the spell card Salamandra which I equip on my Garoozis. "

[ Garoozis Atk 1800→2500 ]

" Okay! Let's go !! I destroy one of your set position monsters! "

Garoozis attacked a set defense position monster. It was then revealed that it was a green phantom king before it was destroyed.

" I end my turn daze! "

In the audience, Miho, Anzu, and Honda cheered for their friend while Yugi was staring at both Joey and Tokio thoughtfully.

Joey's opponent seems calm. He must have still something up in his sleeve if he was calm with the presence of the monster with a 2500 attack on his opponent.

" Duelist Katsuya is on fire! Would Duelist Akai be able to pour out his burning passion? Let's see his move! "

Akai draw his card and grinned. Joey wasn't the only one who likes to bring inflict damage-type spell cards with him.

He revealed the spell card before activating it on the field.

[ Katsuya Jounouchi LP3000 → 2400 ]

" Ah! Duelist Akai activated his Final Flame spell card inflicting 600 points of damage to his opponent's life points! "

A monster in face-up attack position then appeared on the red cap duelist's field.

[ Sky Scout < Level 4 > 1800/1600 ]

The red cap duelist then activated another spell card.

[ Sky Scout < Level 4 > 1800/1600 →2500/2300 ]

" Duelist Akai equipped his Sky scout with Horn of the Unicorn granting his monster with both 700 attacks and defense! Looks like the table has turned! Duelist Akai declared his attack! "

[ Garoozis <Level 4> 2500→1600 ]

" Garoozis a land-based monster is weak against water and flying monsters! Garoozis lose half of its original attack points. "

[ Katsuya Jounouchi LP 2400 →2000 ]

" Now, duelist Katsuya is back with his original life points! He was currently in a pinch right now! Duelist Akai ended his turn! "

" Draw! ... It's no good. "

Joey muttered as he stared at his hand cards.

" I activate my spell card Hinotama! I inflict 500 points of damage to my opponent! "

[ Akai Konami LP 3000 → 2500 ]

" I set a monster and end my turn. "

At the audience seat, his friends stared at him with worried expressions.

" Jonouchi! "

Honda shouted and gritted his teeth while the others were also concerned for their friend.

Tokio who glanced at their reactions couldn't help but complain inside his mind a little bit. Their reactions are so exaggerated. It wasn't like that they were playing Shadow Games. Save that dramatic reaction when Marik Bakura comes!

Tokio then shook his head and draw another card. He reminded himself that he wasn't Horo Tokio today but Akai Konami who was a duelist participating in this National Duel Monsters Tournament.

Akai Konami draw his card and summoned an attack position monster on the field.

[ Lady Assailant of Flames < Level 4 > 1500/1000 ]

The red cap duelist then removes 3 cards on the top of his deck.

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP 2000 → 1200 ]

" Duelist Akai activated his monster card's effect. He removes 3 cards from the top of his deck to play to inflict 800 points of direct damage to his opponent! Will it be over the next turn? Or would duelist Katsuya manage to turn the tides? "

At the question, the red cap duelist commanded his monster sky scout and the lady assailant in flames to attack the two assailant monsters on the field.

The set monster Kagemusha of the flames and Rock Ogre Grotto are both destroyed. The Red Cap duelist ended his turn.

Drawing a new card, Joey glanced at his friends in the audience seat and stared at his opponent calmly.

" I summon battle warrior in attack position. "

[ Battle Warrior < Level 3 > 700/1000 ]

" Oh, an unexpected move! Is there any meaning behind this move? But there are no trap cards on his field! "

The host announced to the audience.

" You are strong Akai! I know that my defeat is inevitable! But I don't want to remain passive and wait for my defeat! If I would go out, I would go on my terms! Yugi, everyone, thank you for coming with me here! Thank you for your support. "

" Jonouchi-kun.. "

Yugi and the others muttered in their seats.

" Granpa has taught me a lot of things but I was lacking. I disappointed him.. "

Joey then clenched his fist and pointed at his opponent.

" Let's duel again someday Konami! Battle Warrior attack the Sky Scout! "

The Battle Warrior rushed to Sky Scout and attacked Tokio's monster. The Battle Warrior was then destroyed by battle.

[ Katsuya Jonouchi LP 1200 → 0 ]

Yugi and the others then stood up from their seats and clapped their hands.

" Looks like we have the winner! Duelist Akai won the duel! But until the end, Duelist Katsuya has shown his burning passion! "

The two duelists on the duelist platform then move to the stage. Akai Konami and Katsuya Jonouchi shook their hands. But before Jonouchi could leave and join his friends, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

" What's wrong Akai? "

Three cards were in Akai's hands and it seems that he was intending on giving them to him.

" For me? "

Joey stared at Akai in surprise. The latter then nodded his head before leaving.

Glancing at the 3 cards in his hands, Joey stared at his opponent who headed towards the exit.

[ Black Metal Dragon ]

[ Ms. Judge ]

[ Black Stone of Legend ]

He was grateful for the cards that were given to him. But what would he use these cards for? And what are even the red eyes that 2 of these cards talking about?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 2.1K 84
A young duelist with a troubled past arrives at Maiami city in order to participate in the Maiami Championship, but soon finds himself embroiled in i...
93.4K 1.1K 19
❌DISCONTINUED BEING REWRITTEN ❌ Meet Aira Judai Yuki, who is a new Slifer Red student at Duel Academy and the holder of two powerful decks that she c...
766 24 23
(If there are any concerns about this story, like in how it's told or plot Questions, feel free to message me and Kk try to clarify! I'll do whatever...
406 15 6
(This book is being remade) So here we go again with another story idea my friends! What I have here is an idea that was solely based on the anime of...