Dressed as an educated youth...

By mahalakshmiponsing

This is not my original story Original title 穿成知青女配 What if I wear it until 1974? Or is it the tragic female... More

Chapter 1 One day through seven or four years
Chapter 2 The Female Match Who Lost Both People and Wealth
Chapter 3 Getting ready to catch the train
Chapter 4 Pastimes on the Train
Chapter 5 To and from the Field of Hope
Chapter 6 New arrivals
Chapter 7 Integration into the educated youth force
Chapter 8 Working in the Field
Chapter 9 Heroes or Bears
Chapter 11 Illness
Chapter 12 Amoxicillin
Chapter 13 The plan of the year lies in spring
Chapter 14 Supply and Marketing Cooperatives
Chapter 15 Zhao Meimei
Chapter 16 So You Are Such a Girl
Chapter 17 The little girl is delicious
Chapter 18 Cornmeal Dumplings
Chapter 19 The Storm Is Coming
Chapter 20 Pregnancy or Menstruation
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 81-85
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166 Finale

Chapter 10 Finding Food

2K 26 0
By mahalakshmiponsing

The educated youth wanted to go up the mountain to find food. Before leaving, Jiang Qiuyue entered the house and found a piece of paper to draw the ground plants of kudzu and yam.

    In fact, the plants on the ground in spring are definitely not the same as the lush ones that grow in summer and autumn.

    Chen Zhonghua has been in Linhe Village for the longest time, and he is more familiar with Houshan, so he leads the way.

    Jiang Qiuyue walked in the middle, handing out the drawing paper to everyone.

    A group of people walked with sticks and beat the grass. People who are extremely hungry are not afraid of snakes, rats, insects and ants. They dare to catch them and use them as food.

    Gradually entering an open field, Jiang Qiuyue and the others tugged at the bushes and grass to find them.

    Turning around, he saw that Lin Wenqing had already led people inside and found an elm tree, and he was directing one of the male educated youths to climb up and pick elm money.

    Jiang Qiuyue and Chen Zhonghua couldn't find it in the open field, so they ran to see the elm money they picked.

    Chen Zhonghua put a handful in his mouth, and after chewing, he commented, "Too old." A

    bit bitter.

    Fang Weidong, the educated youth who climbed the tree, had bulging eyes.

    "All the leftovers are picked from the top of the tree. If you want to pick the good ones, you have to go inside." Fang Weidong reluctantly put it down and suggested.

    It's not that they haven't been in the mountains in previous years, but they couldn't find the local villagers.

    As soon as the good things on the outside grew, they were taken away by the villagers who paid attention. There were beasts on the inside, and they did not dare to enter.

    A group of people searched left and right and found nothing and then went inside, and soon came across a few old locust trees.

    The green leaves on the locust tree show a little white, which is the bud of the locust flower, and it has not yet opened.

    The male educated youths crawled up, a few pulled branches on top, a few picked up from below, and they were very busy.

    Jiang Qiuyue took the opportunity to look for kudzu and yam around, holding a wooden stick that was split one by one, digging and digging, looking for the root and stem in the impression.

    The hard work paid off. When the educated youths pulled down a pile of locust branches, Jiang Qiuyue finally dug the root of the old yam.

    The good news is that next to it, there are several similar trees.

    She had eaten both yam and kudzu, and when she dug out a small piece to be sure it was yam, she immediately called someone over.

    After Chen Zhonghua ran over to confirm that he had found it, he greeted the male educated youth to start digging.

    Jiang Qiuyue saw that the sky was getting dark, so she suggested to dig out the top and take it back, and mark the remaining ones that grew deeper and come back tomorrow.

    The yam grows straight into the ground, and it takes a long time to fully dig it out. It is not good for them to stay on the mountain too late.

    The male educated youths all started together, dug out five long yam about one meter long, held by one person, and the others carried the locust flower branches, and quickly went down the mountain along the road when they came.

    When they reached the foot of the mountain, it was already dark, and the moon was covered by dark clouds in the night sky. A few people touched the educated youth academy by the rare starlight.

    Liu Aiying and Li Yonghong had been waiting for a long time, and a small fire was raised in the courtyard. When they saw them coming back, they quickly got up to pick them up.

    Jiang Qiuyue directly threw all the yam roots into the fire to roast, and added firewood.

    "The snake meat and wild vegetable soup have already been stewed, how are you going to fix them?" Liu Aiying asked while taking out the basket while stroking the locust flowers and leaves.

    When the educated youths heard the words, they sniffed the aroma of meat in the air and could hardly sit still.

    Li Yonghong licked the bud of the sophora japonica, looked up at Jiang Qiuyue and said, "The sophora japonica and cornmeal are delicious when steamed, but where can we find flour."

    "If you can eat enough to fill your stomach, what else do you need to pay attention to?" Chen Zhonghua Wave your hand.

    Jiang Qiuyue thought for a while and said, "Sophora japonica and corn dregs are together. I still have two-faced pancakes there. I took out a few sheets and soaked them into a paste and used them as flour. Is this okay?"

    She asked Liu Aiying, tonight She cooks.

    Liu Aiying patted her chest to ensure that it would be steamed, and it would be fragrant with a little salt.

    Li Yonghong bowed his head and said nothing more.

    Jiang Qiuyue went into the room and took out a lighter to light it, then opened the iron lock and took out five hardened pancakes.

    She took it directly to the kitchen and put it in the soup pot, and soaked it with hot water.

    After returning to the courtyard, there was already a fragrance of roasted yam starch in the air.

    Fang Weidong and the others were eagerly surrounding the fire, constantly asking if he was okay.

    With their help, Sophora japonica, Sophora japonica leaves and Yu Qianzi are almost done.

    Liu Aiying took it to the well and washed it with water, then took it into the kitchen and stuffed it into the batter that had been soaked in the soup pot, added a small half-scoop of corn dregs, put some salt and mixed it well, put it in the pot and started steaming.

    Here, Jiang Qiuyue was being pestered by Lin Wenqing to ask about her new lighter. Jiang Qiuyue only said that it was a foreign product bought by a relative in Shanghai.

    Everyone said that they watched and played, and their knowledge gained.

    After Liu Aiying wiped the sweat out, Jiang Qiuyue pulled out the roasted yam root from the fire, and the aroma of the food filled the entire courtyard.

    Originally, they were going to put it aside and let it cool before eating, but the educated youths couldn't hold it in any longer, so they peeled off the black skin and gnawed it.

    The hot bared teeth grinned without letting go, exchanged between his hands, and half a yam swallowed in the blink of an eye.

    Jiang Qiuyue got her own half and gently tore off the charred skin, revealing the tender white yam meat inside.

    It tastes glutinous and has no taste.

    Then pull out the wooden table, and place the steamed sophora flower in the middle.

    Jiang Qiuyue took out a glass bottle of chili oil, contributed a few spoons and mixed it in, it smelled fragrant.

    One bowl of snake broth with meat was given to each person. Liu Aiying, the big snake, only stewed half of it, leaving the rest for tomorrow.

    For a while, no one spoke, and the fire was burning brightly. Everyone ignored the politeness and etiquette, and snorted and ate quickly.

    Sophora japonica saw that it was pulled down a lot, and it took less than one soup pot to steam, and one person and a few chopsticks were gone.

    Fang Weidong was still not satisfied after eating, smashing his mouth and saying it was delicious.

    Even Lin Wenqing commented that the taste is good, and he will try it tomorrow.

    Snake meat is more delicious, after all, the educated youth have not seen meat and fish for a long time.

    Everyone ate half full, packed up and went to bed, thinking about digging up all the yams they found tomorrow, and then looking for kudzu or something.

    In this ghostly day of green and yellow, I finally look forward to it.

    Jiang Qiuyue washed up and went to bed, remembering what she promised in the morning, so she pulled out a small blue tin box with a picture of magpies on it and stuffed it into the bed next to it.

    After Liu Aiying washed the pot and the dishes, she found it when she touched the kang, and recognized it was Pechoin.

    She rustled in the bed for a while, took out a few cloth tickets and money and handed them over quietly.

    Jiang Qiuyue took it in her hand following the movement and placed it in the storage box in the space.

    The next morning, Liu Aiying washed her face and carefully wiped the Pechoin, and the students' heads were neatly groomed.

    Jiang Qiuyue glanced at her watermelon peel bangs, and picked out a simple small hairpin from the drawer to help her pin up the heavy bangs, leaving only a thin layer.

    A small melon-shaped clip with spots on a yellow background, matched with a kawaii student head.

    Liu Aiying ran to her head and looked in the mirror, touching her hair and laughing, showing a bit of a girlish mood.

    "Buy one get one free, it depends on what suits you." Jiang Qiuyue said with her ponytail tied.

    Liu Aiying's eyes flashed, "Then I won't pay you back."

    Jiang Qiuyue waved her hand and said no, so she should exchange it with the face oil.

    The male educated youth outside called to eat. It was Jiang Qiuyue’s turn to cook today, but she had only been here for two days, and she still bleeds after several meals. Chen Zhonghua arranged for the male educated youth to do it first.

    The craftsmanship of the boys is obviously not as good as that of the girls. The boiled corn dregs porridge is thick, but it is not good to drink.

    "According to your method, one month's rations will be eaten up in a few meals." Chen Zhonghua knocked on the table and said to the cook.

    Zhao Xiangdong, with his big bones and hunched back, shrank his aggrieved face beside the table.

    He doesn't know how to cook at all. He's been doing this for several years. Besides, what can he eat with a little more food?

    After dinner, I went to work as usual, the weather was gloomy like it was going to rain.

    Not long after the ground was dry, the sky began to rain.

    However, the people in the fields could not leave, they had to finish the work all morning, otherwise the work points for half a day would not be credited.

    The spring rain fell sparsely, and gradually developed into a dripping lingering.

    When she insisted on going back, Jiang Qiuyue was almost wet. I sneezed several times and felt like I was going to catch a cold.

    The remaining half of the snake meat stewed at noon was stewed in a pot with wild vegetable corn dregs.

    It rained heavily in the afternoon, and the people on the team told me not to go to work.

    The educated youth were not very happy, because when there was less than half a day's work, there was less food.

    After four in the afternoon, the rain began to tick off.

    The educated youths were eager to move, and wanted to take the time to dig back the yam on the mountain.

    Jiang Qiuyue reminded that the mountain road was slippery on rainy days, but they couldn't stop their enthusiasm, so six male educated youths went up the mountain together.

    The three female educated youths were left to sit on the threshold and do some work.

    Li Yonghong put a thimble on the sole of the shoe, and the needles were fine and well-proportioned.

    Jiang Qiuyue took a close look and admired it.

    Liu Aiying took a piece of rag and sewed a small cloth pocket. Jiang Qiuyue asked what it was, and replied that it was money to pack food stamps and money.

    Jiang Qiuyue followed the flow and took out needles and threads, and found a piece of khaki-colored canvas to play with.

    Line drawing, cutting and sewing, and a small canvas bag has begun to take shape.

    The style is modeled after her military satchel.

    Attach the shoulder straps, make buttonholes and buttons on the flap, embroider the cursive characters of "Study Every Day Up" with red thread on the front, and embroider the name of the cheap brother with blue thread in the lower right corner.

    A piece of cloth is made into two small schoolbags, which are the same except for the names.

    Liu Aiying and Li Yonghong were stunned for a long time, and watched her come up with two beautiful little schoolbags within half an hour, and then started to embroider green leaves and safflowers!

    Liu Aiying took a look, except that the stitches were a little sparse, and the overall look was the same as those sold in department stores.

    Jiang Qiuyue put away the prepared schoolbag, and plans to send it back to Kyoto someday when she has a chance to use it for the two little ones to go to school.

    The remaining rags were taken by Li Yonghong, saying that hard materials are suitable for soles.

    In the evening, Chen Zhonghua and the others finally came back. They were all covered in mud, and they fell several times.

    Fortunately, the harvest was good. Five long yams were dug up and broken and brought back, and they also used their jacket pockets to return a pile of yam eggs.

    Chen Zhonghua pointed to the pile gathered on the ground and said, "I thought that the roots below can be eaten, and the ones growing on the vines above may also be edible, so I brought it back."

    Jiang Qiuyue said that it was a yam egg and could be eaten. Everyone was very happy and got back dozens of catties of food at once.

    They also didn't let go of the sophora japonica branches, they pulled down and carried them back a lot. Some flowers were blooming, and they were eaten raw and sweet.

    Afterwards, Liu Aiying directed Zhao Xiangdong to boil chili water and give the male educated youths a drink to ward off the cold.

    Jiang Qiuyue and Li Yonghong moved the yam to a ventilated and dry place to prevent it from rotting.

    The sophora japonica flowers that have been hit by the rain should be quickly removed and steamed, together with the sophora japonica leaves.

    Jiang Qiuyue continued to donate some pancakes and chili oil.

    The wind was blowing in the clouds at dinner, and most of them had eaten until they were 50% full, and they would not be able to sleep because they were not hungry.

    Jiang Qiuyue gave herself a subsidy in private. She didn't eat much. She felt a little feverish when she slept, and she couldn't get up the next morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 159 12
七零之嫁給大佬男配 Copywriting: Introduction: Gu Shuang worked hard to make money in her previous life, just to sleep well as soon as possible, but God played...
258 2 1
《男配他愛上女配[穿書]》 Tang Shi traveled back to the early 1990s and became the orphan of a martyr! The little girl's grandfather is a martyr, her grandmother...
42.7K 1.7K 34
Yu Qingze traveled to another world, where there were no women, only brothers and men, and he was saved by a dumb brother. Dumb brother can't speak a...
15.2K 187 12
After waking up, the fair and beautiful Ye Zhi turned into a miserable female supporting role in a period novel. In the original text, she is the st...