fools » lee donghyuck (SLOW U...

By delightkyun

when a misunderstanding costs two people the friendship they spent years building, it'd be hard to get them t... More

please read
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

18

288 16 2
By delightkyun

༊*·˚ fools

"what's he doing here?" hyerin nodded to donghyuck standing against the wall at the other end of the room on his phone.

both jaemin and jeno peeked over their shoulders then looked back at her.

"forget about him. do you want me to take you home?" jaemin suggested.

"if you wouldn't mind..." she mumbled, looking down at her bandaged hand.

"let's go." he, gently, placed a hand on the centre of her back as she hopped off the bed. "are you going back to yours with hyuck?"

renjun nodded. "i'll see you tomorrow."

"take care."

him and hyerin walked out and she became alarmed when donghyuck grabbed her arm to stop her.

"you okay?"

he had the softest look on his face and his tone was the sweetest he's used to address her in the past two years. she almost didn't recognise him.

"fine." she shrugged him off and continued walking.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

monday morning hyerin was re-enacting everything that had happened at the party to myunghee and dongmin.

"by the time i was leaving the hospital, donghyuck gripped my arm asking if i was okay and he seemed genuinely concerned. i said i was fine and walked away," she finished.

myunghee and dongmin were both in shock and lost for words for a solid minute.

"what the fuck?" were the first ones that came out myunghee's. "wait, can you write and stuff?"

"yeah. i'm left-handed, remember?"

myunghee had forgotten.

"at least he wasn't verbally abusing you," dongmin mumbled.

hyerin scoffed as they stepped inside the hallway. "yeah, bare minimum after i've just gotten my hand sliced open."

at lunch, hyerin went to play football with the guys she always played with who all questioned what'd happened to her hand. it was probably the millionth time she'd been asked that question and the millionth time she was explaining.

"take care of yourself, yeah?" one of the taller guys patted her back and gave a wink before jogging off back to the game after she decided to leave and sit with her friends for a while.

"are you skating today?" myunghee questioned.

"i should be. but i have to go home to grab my shoes then go to the ice rink. why?"

she shrugged. "curiosity."

"how long do you need to have that bandaged?" dongmin asked to change the subject.

"two weeks, i think."

myunghee spoke up. "did you see who pushed you?"

hyerin shook her head. "it's fine. it was probably just someone trying to stop the fight from escalating."

"okay but would you rather have someone with a bruised face or have someone slice their hand open? i think i know which one's worse..."

"why was donghyuck even fighting the guy?" dongmin asked.

"apparently him and donghyuck don't get along but the guy's annoying and likes to tease and provoke people and we know donghyuck's a ticking time bomb when it comes to that sort of thing," myunghee explained.

dongmin scoffed and looked away, shaking his head.

just as the three of them were together, two shadows overcasted in front of them and a third one stood behind them.

"hey, how are you doing?" jaemin's voice was soft as he addressed hyerin after acknowledging the presence of her other two friends.

"if you're asking about my hand then i'm fine, thank you. thanks for driving me to the hospital."

"what did your uncle say?" renjun asked.

she shrugged. "he was worried but there wasn't anything he could do about it so i convinced him to let it go."

jisung stood behind the two boys towering over them but not saying a word. he'd always been a little introverted and quiet in comparison to the other guys.

"hey, jisung." hyerin smiled at him.

he gave her a mischievously cheeky smile."hey, rin..."

rin.

"i'll see you sometime in class, yeah?" jaemin spoke up.

she nodded and all three boys left after wishing her a speedy recovery.

"i haven't been called rin in two years..." she mumbled when they were at a distance where they couldn't hear her.

"they still remember stuff about you," myunghee commented.

"they still care," dongmin added.

"everyone apart from donghyuck..."

myunghee gave her a sad smile. "everyone apart from the one you want to care about you most, right?"

she was right but hyerin would never verbally admit it.

just as she grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulders, she looked at the guys still walking off midfield and turned her attention to where they were headed only to find donghyuck looking at her but then he looked away.

she hadn't noticed at the hospital but noticed this morning in class that he had a cut on his lip from a punch but that was the only injury he'd sustained.

"i have geography now," she mumbled. "with lee donghyuck."

myunghee cringed. "good luck with that."

"thanks." she took another peek at him across the field yet only this time he was walking away with an arm around gina so hyerin looked away.

she was back in class and the teacher joined a few minutes later asking everyone to sit with their partners and get on with the project.

dreadfully, hyerin made her way over to donghyuck's table.

"have you done any work since last time?"

he shook his head, spinning the pen in between his fingers.

sometimes she wondered why she even asked.

"who invited you to renjun's party?" he asked, voice low.

she didn't bother looking up from what she was writing. "if you didn't host the party, what's it to you?"

"calm down, you're trying to create a problem where there isn't one."

"if it wasn't a problem then why did you ask?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

his brown eyes flickered between her own without an answer.

"why'd you get into a fight with that guy?"

he scoffed. "here you go again..."

"can you not even answer the simplest of questions?"

he leaned forward. "if it's not any of your business then i don't have to answer."

her lips cracked into a big smile. "fair play." and she went back to doing her work.

after school, she descended the concrete steps outside and waited for dongmin to pull up in his car. in the meantime, she was tapped on the shoulder by someone.

jeno.

"hey, um," he was clearly a bit nervous or uncomfortable, "i'm sorry about your hand."

"it's fine it's not like it was your fault anyway."

he looked away. "well... i was technically the one that pushed through the crowd and pushed you over..."

"ah..."

jeno scratched the back of his head. "yeah, i'm sorry."

"it's fine. you didn't do it on purpose and probably didn't know there was a shattered vase on the floor," she mumbled.

"hyerin!"

"yeah, anyway, i've got to go. see you."

he nodded and watched her walk off to dongmin's car.

"where's myunghee?" ahe helped herself into the passenger seat.

"she had to talk to kiya about something. what were you talking to jeno about?"

"he came and apologised because he was the one that pushed me over at the party. it was an accident, he didn't know it was me and he didn't know there was a shattered vase. he was just trying to stop the fight from escalating," she explained.

dongmin sighed. "he should've been more careful."

"hello, bitches!"

myunghee.

"get in."

the car door slammed and both dongmin and hyerin turned around to see kiya and myunghee in the backseats.

"change of plans, kiya is coming with us. now drive."

<3
hope you guys are all doing well (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 3.3K 75
airpods, chicken, and a little too many people, yet a relationship forms out of a wrongly given number. what could possibly go wrong? -𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨...
19.4K 463 26
Two completely different people, who fell in love but life always tore them apart. One fight and mistake led to another sad memory. How will they cle...
31.7K 1.3K 29
⟨A Markhyuck Fanfiction⟩ [In which Mark Lee doesn't hate Lee Donghyuck as much as he thought he did.] -Enemies to lovers au Trigger warnings are to b...
225K 11.6K 101
"It's okay to be scared, but you have to go out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again." - Unknown