Show No Fear

By Juniperlives43

Aliza has created another reset only this time she isn't facing the horror house alone. He older sister has j... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
IMPORTANT
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Q&A
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
New Book!
Epilogue

Chapter 11

2.7K 130 87
By Juniperlives43

It's been about a week since I was brought to this goth castle, Horror being the one to bring food and keep me company. I would also take a chance to read some books that were on the desk, most of them about different AU's. I didn't really have a favorite, I liked most of the ones I read about, especially the one that is in outer space. I can only imagine the night sky there, and how beautiful the stars are. I personally don't think the picture does it justice.

    There were also stories about the Sans I have seen, despite Horror's terrible background I believe Dust, the skeleton I saw covered in dust, had it much worse. 327 times is how many times the human committed genocide after each reset. I most likely would have done the same if I became that powerless, if I tried everything to put an end to the slaughter. Cross also got the bad end of the stick as he was basically used as a tool or a testing subject for this Gaster character or CrossGaster is what he is referred to in the book. I began to wonder if Chara is still with him.

         I began to shift through the books, hoping to find something on Nightmare or even Error, the only two I haven't found some information on. However I was more curious about Nightmare, it's obvious he didn't always look like that, plus I remember him mentioning a brother before.

          "Anything catched your interest?" A dark voice questioned behind me, I turned my head seeing Nightmare. Jack let out a hiss from where he laid curled up by the book. "I picked those books out myself." He added as his cyan eye glowed, four tentacles protruding from his body almost making himself seem bigger.

    I look at him with a blank look, "Where is a book about you?" I questioned, watching his grin fall slightly, seeming surprised before the grin returned in a second. I began to question myself if I just imagined it.

    "That one's lost." He answered with a roll of his eyelight. He then turned my chair around before pinning both his hands on either side of me, his tentacles pointed right at me in a threatening way. "Now what is your F E A R?" His voice became deeper and gurgled as his mouth changed from teeth to something you might see on a jack-o-lantern on halloween. Nightmare's cyan eye glowed brightly as he seemed to be searching for something, I raised a brow as I crossed my arms, waiting for him to just get out of my face, resisting the urge to just shove him away. Minutes passed as his expression went back to normal, before his maniac grin turned into a frown as his cyan eye searched.

His frown turned angry, as one of his tentacles wrapped around my neck, swinging me around before slamming me into a wall, knocking the air out of my lungs as I heard a crack. "There goes a rib." I spoke in a strained voice, as I opened one eye, glaring at the gooey skeleton that just looked at me in confusion.

"What are you?" Nightmare questioned with a growl as his eye glared right into me with a look that could kill.

"A human?" I spoke in a 'duh' type of tone, it was pretty obvious. I have skin, hair, eye balls, bones, a heart, etc. I felt his tentacle grip tighter around my throat causing me to gasp, however, to no surprise, I felt no fear, only agitation as I tried to claw the tentacle off my neck trying to get air back in my lungs so I could breathe.

"Don't play games with me, I could snap your neck here and now." Nightmare spoke firmly, squeezing my neck slightly tighter before releasing his grip, retracting his tentacle as I crashed to the floor on my knees. I coughed as oxygen was sucked back into my lungs, my chest expanded in relief as the respiratory cycle continued, breathing going back to normal after its sudden pause.

I kept my hand around my neck as I looked up at Nightmare who wore an agitated and confused expression on his features. "You ... feed off ... of negative emotions, right?" I questioned in between breaths before letting out a few coughs.  "Specifically fear. Nightmare isn't just your nickname like the others. It's your actual name isn't it?" I questioned further as I pushed myself back to my feet, rubbing my neck with my fingers, my voice slightly raspy.

Nightmare looked at me in shock, before an amused grin formed along his mouth, "You are smart ... for a human. I'll give you that much." His grin widened into a smirk, "It's true, I feed off of negative emotions. In fact I'm attracted to them, but fear is much more delicious and fulfilling."

"Then you aren't gonna find any food here." I spoke, my eyes narrowing, glancing behind him to see Jack with his head raised, however his hood was not revealing as he flicked his tongue out.  "For I cannot feel fear." I stated as I watched his every move, his cyan eye trembling in fury.

"Fine ... cries of pain are just as delicious." He spoke, a cyan tongue coming out from in between his teeth, running it along his teeth as his cyan eye glowed. I slid my feet apart, bending my knees a little ready to dodge any attack made by Nightmare. However, Nightmare glanced at a clock before letting out a chuckle, "That will be for later." His tentacles shrunk back into his back as he shoved his hands into his pockets as a lazy grin took over his features. He then turned walking towards the exit, "Guess it'll have to wait." He mumbled as he opened the door before closing it behind him.

I stood still for a few more moments just in case before going back over to the desk, pulling the chair off the floor from where it was knocked over. I then rubbed my fingers across Jack's head, calming him down. "That went better than I thought." I say with a small smile as Jack laid his head back down on the table.

The door burst open as Dust entered slamming the door closed behind him before locking it. "Guess it's up to me huh?" He spoke as a purple bone seemed to form in the palm of his hand.

Dust POV

I waited just around the corner, listening in expecting to here screams of terror or something. But all I heard was a thump as well as a crash, my fist clenched inside my pocket. "What is going on?" I mumbled to myself as I glanced around the corner.

"Perhaps Nightmare is planning to stretch out the torture." Papyrus suggested, floating just behind me, peaking around the corner as well. I glanced over at him, knowing he has a point. Nightmare never tends to break his toys right away, plus maybe she isn't a screamer but a freeze type.

I jumped back from looking around the corner as I heard the door open, leaning my back against the wall. Acting as if I wasn't doing anything at all, leaning my head back with my eyes closed. I opened one eye, watching Nightmare walk past looking ... slightly agitated? "Didn't have fun?" I question with a grin.

Nightmare didn't even stop to cast an angry glare, "Can't." Was all he said as he continued walking. I opened both my eye sockets which were wide with shock.

My shock faded into excitement, "Well there goes the lazy route." I pushed myself off the wall before rounding the corner, stalking towards the room, one of my sockets glowed purple as I burst open the door before slamming it closed behind me. "Guess it's up to me." I spoke with a crazed grin as I locked the door knowing Horror might be here soon. I conjured a sharp purple bone in my skeletal hand before stalking towards her.

Her eyes met my pin pricks, however no fear shined in them, just irritation. "Can't I catch a break?" She questioned as I raised the bone to her throat.

"Sorry kid but you're making my buddy ... soft." I stated as I pushed my sharp bone closer, she didn't even lean back. "I'm doing him a favor."

"Are you afraid of me?" Her question took me aback as I blinked down at her, her golden eyes staring right into my pinpricks calmly. "You fear I might hurt him ... kill him?" She questioned further, not breaking eye contact. "Like the human did in your world?" Sadness flashed across her gaze as I stood there frozen.

"W H A T?"

Third POV

    Ink teleported into his doodle sphere as he looked around at all the worlds above him almost looking like stars. He glanced towards an out-distant world before jumping as a child's voice spoke behind him, "Why are you so interested in this one Ink?"

    He turned around seeing a grey child with empty black eyes, "Geezus Core you scared me." Ink let out a sigh in relief, his shoulders relaxing.

    "Sorry." They replied as they gave him a blank stare. They then glanced to the one world before back over at Ink. "So?"

    "Yeah yeah I'll answer in a minute..." Ink then trailed off as he looked down at his scarf, seeming to find the answer for the child's question. "Well ... she's Blue's friend!" He exclaimed with a smile.

    "That never caused you to go this far before." Core countered as she walked over before climbing up onto a beanbag in Ink's realm. "It's a trap you know. Nightmare probably grew bored, man really needs a hobby."

    Ink placed his hands on his hips, "You are totally right. But ..." He trailed off once more as a frown developed on his features, a blank look on his face. He glanced back at the world, "She got his attention meaning ... something about her is different from the others." Ink stated as he crossed his arms. "I will not make the same mistake twice." He mumbled, flashes of memory crossed his mind ... never will he trust him again.

    "So, let's see where Nightmare moved his castle to this time." Ink stated before snapping his fingers, "Let's go get Dream!" He then wrote something on the inside of his scarf with his small paintbrush.

    "Is he really active again?" Core questioned, a sad look taking over their features.

    Ink looked over at them, walking up before placing a hand on their shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll get her and take her somewhere where he won't think of looking." He then held a thumbs up, "Don't worry, none of the creations will be harmed and we will be watching their stories go along just like how they are supposed to soon." He added before disappearing leaving Core alone.

Core sat in silence for a few moments before sliding off the bean bag, "I better tell them." They spoke before a portal opened behind them where a colorful skeleton with shades stood on the other side of the portal. "Come Fresh we must warn them."

Hello everyone! Hopefully this isn't true rushed or stuffed together.

Just a quick fact (Y/N) lacks/doesn't have amygdala which is a part of the brain where fear "comes from" and is produced like adrenaline, fight or flight, all that jazz. This can be caused by either head trauma or genetic disorder that could damage or destroy them. So yes, some people in real life don't feel fear however it is really rare. I personally had no idea this existed till I decided to see if there are people who can't feel fear before I started writing this story.

Anyway that is all everyone, till next time!

Edit: Forgot to mention I have started a discord where you can submit fanart, ask questions, give out ideas, and/or just socialize. https://discord.gg/PSQtqMZA this is the link. Enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 2.3K 18
What happens if Someone from our world was reincarnated as Horror Sans? Would they be able to survive or die trying? Through his entire life? 1/7
6.2K 324 12
What if the corruption that invaded Nightmare's mind after eating the apples disappeared? When he woke up after a long sleep Nightmare found himself...
56.7K 2.9K 24
[HK/Undertale Crossover] For ages, the Void godness has to sit and see how her multiverse was fill and filled by AUs of her Universe, Undertale, she...
22.4K 453 30
(Y/N) was a normal girl but she was homeless since her parents kicked her out a month ago. But that all changed when Nightmare saw how negative she w...