Plus Three [ShikaTema]

By babyquiche

Getting Temari pregnant isn't on the list of 200 moves planned ahead by Konoha's Greatest Tactician, Nara Shi... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

5

1.5K 34 1
By babyquiche

Their journey back to Konoha takes 2 days later than usual. Shikamaru decided that they should take it easy and ocassionally stop to get some rest. Secretly, he also wants to spend his time with her. Plus, he missed spending quality alone time together.

They arrived at Konoha when the weather is rather gloomy. Shikamaru never let go of Temari's hand and they enjoyed their time enjoying each other's company.

it wasn't until they reached Shikamaru's apartment that a familiar voice calling Shikamaru's name. Both of them turn towards the voice and found Yamanaka Ino.

Shikamaru immediately pulls Temari closer to him, hiding her bump instinctively.

"Uhh... I didn't see you anywhere in town for weeks" The blonde girl awkwardly stands by the road, looking at the pair.

"We just got back from Suna.. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to bring Temari home. Is there something wrong?" Shikamaru ask his teammate.

"Well, yeah, there is." Ino crossed her arms. "You two have been a hot topic lately... It's pretty noticeable now, it is" She continued glancing towards Temari's bump.

Shikamaru sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "Look, Ino... We'll manage somehow."

Temari looks at the ground, feeling embarrassed. Her face was heating up. She knew people were started talking about her pregnancy before they leave to Suna.

"Temari, i don't want to be nosy but i couldn't stand still when people talk bad about you and Shikamaru, you know..."

"Ino..."

"You better do something, Shikamaru. You can't hide it forever,"

"I don't want any unnecessary trouble," Temari said quietly. Ino quickly approach her and smile.

"Well... i haven't congratulate you two yet. i guess congratulations are in order! Temari, please be healthy. You, promise me you will protect Temari!" Ino pat Temari's shoulder.

"Since we're in this topic, have you told Chouji yet? I bet he wants to hear it directly from you, Oh, look at the time. I guess i should go." Ino bids they farewell and starts walking away from them.

"I... thank you... For being supportive and caring about me." Temari whispered while looking into Ino's eyes. The blonde smiles at her and waved before turning her back to leave them.

Shikamaru pulls her girlfriend closer.

"You don't have to be worried about what people say. Just focus on your health and the baby, ok?" He gives her an affectionate kiss on her cheek.
Temari just smile and buries her nose in her boyfriend's chest. It's comfortable and warm.

-----------------‐------

Shikamaru left early to work in the morning. He left a note on the dining table saying Temari should stay at home and wait for him. But the hotheaded woman couldn't stay still.

After their encounter with Ino, Temari start to think about their situation. She is right about how they can't hide her pregnancy anymore. So, after checking the cabinets and cupboards and learned they run out of lots of things, Temari decided to go grocery shopping.

It's better to buy things for herself instead of waiting for Shikamaru who will only buy things she likes.

Temari grab a thin kimono which will accentuate her bump more. If this going to be a juicy gossip, then let it be.

The market is a small place filled with people buying groceries. And a place where all the tell-tales gathers.

The mother-to-be could feel all the icy colds stares behind her back. She could swear that she hears people whispering about her too. But she has enough guts to carry on.

Temari manages to reach the vegetable stall, where she ponder whether to buy lettuce or cabbage. She stand beside a group of housewife that glance at her like she is disgusting. Temari tries her best to ignores them.

"Look at her... really have no shame showing up casually like this. Is it Nara's head clan bastard child?" A middle aged woman who carries a basket full of potatoes whisper to the group.
They nod and laugh sarcastically.

"It makes me remember how the Sunan deceived us and trying to rampage our city that day... the Chuunin exams i supposed? Isn't she one of them back then?"

"Yes.. and it seems like she's coming back and trying to seduce Konoha men... so shameful. I feel bad for the Nara clan having their name tainted like that"

That comment made Temari angry and she felt like punching the old lady in the face. But she decided to stopped herself.

She needs to calm down.
Nevertheless, she is so fed up with everyone judging her. It feels like she is always doing something wrong and no one ever wants to be nice to her.
Her fists are clenching tight. Her nails digging into her palms. She needs to get out of this store as fast as possible.
With determination written all over her face, Temari continues to pays for her groceries.

The stall vendor isn't very nice at all. She's mean. Not only to her customers but she was rude to Temari. The whispering behind her back is getting worse and she couldn't take it anymore. After paying for her items, Temari turn her back and stares angrily to the gossiping ladies.

"Do you need something from me?" she tries to be as polite as possible.

Temari could see how shocked they looked with her sudden outburst. But one of the older women recovers her composure first.
"You must be mistaken. We were merely making idle conversation" she stammered, avoiding eye contact and picking up the vegetables she was buying.

Temari glared at her. "Are you sure?" She asked sternly.

Suddenly a big, rough hand, rest on Temari's shoulder. It's Shikamaru.

His face is blank and he's glaring fiercely at the older woman. "Is there any problem?" His voice laced with venom and threatening.

The older woman gulped nervously, "No problem, young man," she squeaked. The group looks scared of the Nara heir who appear suddenly and left hurriedly.

Shikamaru grabs Temari's wrist and say, "I told you to stay at home! Are you okay?"

Temari didn't answer. She couldn't even look straight at him. She doesn't understand how he managed to come here so quick. Like he can read her mind.

"I'm on my way to Gai Sensei to deliver something from Lord Sixth.. And then i saw you being bullied by those old woman! How dare they treat you this way..." He stops short once he notices that his girlfriend still hasn't answered his question.

"The gossip will be dead by itself once they found another scandal to pry... it's just be a matter of time, ok?" Shikamaru continues.

"I don't think it is embarassing to carry the child of a person i love so much. I decided to show it and wouldn't mind sharing it with the whole village" Temari replies, finally taking a glimpse of the boy she loves.
He smiles softly.

"Wait for me at home, I'll be back and pick you up at 6. I reserved dinner at the Yakiniku place with Chouji and Ino. Chouji is dense and I thought I should break the news to him first."
He places a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Ok." Temari nods in agreement and watches as Shikamaru disappears inside the crowd.

-----------------------------
Chouji loves Yakiniku. Especially when someone else is paying. Closing a hard days work with a feast, with his teammate, is the best.

As he arrives at their usual Yakiniku place, three shinobi greeted him. He's a little confused to see Temari joins them. She never attends meals with Shikamaru and Ino before.

"Hello, Temari? It's been a while" Chouji asks with a smug smile. Temari turns around and gave him a small smile as greeting.

"So what will we have today? I'm starving" Chouji pulls out one chair. Shikamaru and Ino exchange a glance before sitting opposite of him. Temari sat in between them and they began ordering from the menu.

A couple of minutes passed with some random conversation between them. The waiter come and serve them their orders. But Chouji doesn't dig in so quickly like usual.

"Uh.. I'm not trying to be rude but don't tell me those rumors are true," Chouji asked, pointing towards Temari.

"Well.." Shikamaru nuzzling his nouse awkwardly.

"Isn't InoShikaCho team? Oi!" An obnoxious voice from Uzumaki Naruto cut their conversation. It seems Team 7 minus Sasuke is also having a dinner there. The Jinchuuriki approached their table and Haruno Sakuro follows.

"What a coincidence! Mind to share table? The more, the merrier, right Sakura?" Naruto ask the pinkette beside him.

"We shouldn't butt in so suddenly like that! Sorry guys... this brat has no manners at all" Sakura is turning red from embarassment.

"It's okay! Come here, sit down. Let's eat together" Chouji pat an empty chair beside him and turn to his teammate, "You haven't answered my question! So are the rumors true?"

"That Temari is pregnant? Ouch!" Naruto butts in once again. Sakura looks really pissed and step on his friend's foot with no mercy.

Naruto lets out a yelp and rubs his foot in pain. "Oww... That hurt" He whines.

"It's none of your damn business! Temari, i'm really sorry." Sakura said sincerely as she bows low in front of Temari.
Shikamaru sigh and massage the bridge of his nose. They've been here for only 5 minutes now, and Naruto's questions is irritating him. So it's true that gossip about Temari's... condition is spreading like a wildfire.

"Don't talk too loudly in public, you stupid!" Ino hissed. She was trying to keep a calm posture in front of Temari but she was obviously annoyed by the blond loudmouth.

Temari can't help but smile at the sight.

"I'm sorry.." Sakura repeats.

"Yes, i am. And i've decided to move to Konoha" She said calmly and continue eating, ignoring the awkward atmosphere.
Shikamaru let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, congratulations then! Shikamaru can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but i believe he will be a great father-ttebayo", Naruto grinned at his friend and continued eating his food.

"I know" Temari smiled.

Everyone was silent for awhile until Shikamaru broke the silence with his gruff voice, "I guess we couldn't keep it a secret anymore. Well, I have a request to make to you guys. Please help me take care of Temari and make her accustomized to living here in the Leaf"

"Of course! Temari, dr. Koji in the hospital ask me to told you that you need to schedule another appointment next month" Sakura turns to Temari.

"Yes, i already told her. Thank you"
"You're welcome! Just call me if you need anything"

All of a sudden, Chouji hit his best friend's arm playfully. "So you two have sex?" He smirks. He couldn't wait to hear the juicy details.
Ino quickly covers her mouth with her hands and Sakura turned red.

Shikamaru was speechless as he watched this scene unfold in front of him. The other 2 women blushed furiously, and they started to protest.
"Shut up! It's improper to talk about that in here!" Sakura shouted.
"Yeah! They're madly in love, so what!?" Ino agrees.

Temari couldn't contain her laughter anymore. She covered her mouth and tried to compose herself. Shikamaru rolls his eyes at the whole commotion.

"Tell me how he propose," Sakura gaze at Temari with sparkling eyes. "You two are going to get married, right?"
She's a hopeless romantic and love to hear about other's love story.

Temari and Shikamaru frozen. They just realized that they haven't thinking about their relationship to that extent. All of their mind is focusing on the baby lately.

"Well?" Sakura asks again.

"I..." Shikamaru answer hesitantly. He looks at Temari who's seems as shocked as him but keeping herself busy with finishing her food.
He clears his throat.

How can i be so stupid? Are we gonna stay boyfriend and girlfriend forever, when the baby is coming along? But Temari only agreed to move to Konoha, not to be my wife!

Shikamaru feels panic rising within him and it wasn't helped by how quiet Temari is.

His breathing quickened and he's sweating profusely. He could feel his chest tightening painfully. What should he do?! Should he propose now?! Or should he wait and prepare a romantic and grand proposal?

"The food is getting cold, everybody! It's an insult to the chef if we don't eat it properly!" Ino suddenly exclaims after noticing how quiet Shikamaru is.
They all start to eat their food and the tension is slowly released.

Temari was eating quietly, she was lost in thought. Shikamaru reaches below the table and gently grabs her hand. The corners of her lips curved upwards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.4K 24
How can I forget that drunken night... When I have a constant reminder? - cover @baekfordaes
132K 4K 39
Most could see them as business partners, that nothing would spark between them. Some see them as normal people who'd go out as 'friends'. What peopl...
29.6K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...
Belong By Timothy

Fanfiction

14.7K 284 28
Love is tested in this drama/romance story. Still trying to come to terms with her past, Temari finds herself yet again in a relationship, only this...