Cloudless Sky

Da Seigex

A Song of the Mind Altro

Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Epilogue

5

5 1 0
Da Seigex

The Way I Are

Ciarra

What is this man planning?

I reluctantly accepted his outstretched hand, as he then led us to the dancefloor on the other side of the hall.

Grasping my hand in his, I felt his thumb slowly stroking my knuckles. The sensation causing a stinging in my chest.

As we stopped on the middle of the dancing people, he faced me. His eyes the color of light moss, glanced at me differently, before he masked his expression. I was so nervous that my hands started to shake when he grabbed one, placing it on his shoulder while he held my other hand in his. His other hand was then placed at my waist, reaching my back.

I can't help but notice his perfectly styled auburn hair that was so dark it almost appeared black most of the time. Despite it being shorter than the last time I saw him, it still suited his look.

We started moving to the slow tune of the song. As we stare at each other's eyes, I started to forget about the people around us. All I see is the man who gave me everything before. The man who was never afraid to show everyone that we had something for each other. The man who was so happy to accompany me to different tourist spots in Miami.

The man who made me feel free.

I avoided his gaze and inhaled deeply when I felt my eyes starting to water. I felt his hold on my waist getting tighter, slowly wrapping them around my small waist, bringing our bodies closer. I gasped when I felt the skin to skin contact of his hand on my back. His hands felt so warm, like how I remembered it felt years ago.

"How are you doing?" I then heard him softly whisper beside my ear. I didn't notice that we were so close to each other that my head was now leaning to his shoulder. I held in a shuddering breath as my grip on his shoulder tightened. If he noticed, he didn't say a word.

He sighed when I didn't answer. Not that I don't want to, but I can't seem to speak without my voice shaking. "I missed you." He uttered brokenly, his hold on my hand tightening.

I do too.

I couldn't tell him that now, so I only squeezed his hand, somehow saying I also missed him. My eyes suddenly shut close when I remembered what happened after I left him. It wasn't his fault. Also wasn't my brother's. It was my fault why I left. I could've stayed. The least I could've done was tell him I was leaving.

But I couldn't.

I didn't.

"Funny how after all these years, we ended up doing the same thing we did the first time we met." I looked up at him, confused with his words.

As our eyes met again, he seemed taken aback. For a few lingering moments, we just stared at each other's eyes. He then smiled, as if he didn't say something that affected us both earlier. "Dance with me."

It wasn't a question. He also wasn't asking. I can tell as his words from years ago floated to my mind again. Reliving that moment, our movements picked up its pace as the song transitioned to a livelier one. The other couples around us doing the same.

I small smile played at the tips of my lips as he encouraged me to match his pace. Forgetting all that happened in the past, I tried to get lost in his eyes, trying to savor this given moment with him. Knowing all too well that it might never happen again.

"You're still stiff as ever." I scoffed when I heard his playful tone. I smacked his shoulder as he laughed. For a moment, it felt like we were back in the past. The way he teases me, and I would end up smacking his hand or rolling my eyes at him.

Following the rhythm of the song, he let go of my hand and twirled me around twice, he then pulled me closer to him, my back to his front, our left hands clasped together while our right hands are placed at my stomach. Our faces inches apart. Together, we danced as if we were the only people in the dancefloor.

"You're no better. I mean, what is this, Rumba?" I chuckled, pointing out our position.

It was now his turn to scoff, "You wound me, woman." Chuckling at his own choice of position, he twirled me around, this time, he pulled me when I was facing him again, smiling at a few guests who looked at us in awe.

We continued to dance for a couple more songs, only stopping when my feet started to ache, and goosebumps crawled at my skin. Damn it, I'm fucking freezing here.

We started walking towards our table. I paused when I felt something placed on my shoulders. I looked at him adjusting his coat around my shoulders, his face looking so serious. "You really shouldn't wear backless dresses anymore, since you get so cold easily."

I smiled when he remembered. I muttered my thanks and tightened my grip on the front of his coat, providing warmth to my slightly shivering body, "You know I have a thing for backless dresses." I chuckled as he frowned at me.

"Of course, you do." He clicked his tongue, wrapping his hand around my waist as we head to our table.

Alizarin

What are you hiding from me, my dear?

I couldn't help but get lost in her eyes as we started dancing.  There it is again. That soulful yet unfeeling eyes. Seeing those same eyes, I can't help but think about what happened to us before.

Clearly, she's still affected by my presence. It was evidently written on her face, and the way she acts is suspicious. If she moved on, like I thought she did, she wouldn't be this nervous in front of me, right?

And the way her eyes shone with sorrow and unshed tears when I told her I missed her only added to my troubled thoughts. Somehow, I can't help but be hopeful.

Do you still feel something for me, Teia? Do I still affect you like before?

Despite my worries, I acted as if nothing happened and danced with her. However, I couldn't resist the urge to get closer to her body, not only because I was tempted to touch her again, but because her frame kept on shuddering every now and then.

After a while of dancing, I couldn't take it anymore and removed my coat to put it around her shoulders. Her lips, despite having color from her makeup, were slowly turning blue and quivering slightly. If this woman froze to death here, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Wrapping my arm around her waist, I thought she was headed to our table. But after noticing that Keith and Razel, her cousin, were nowhere to be found, she headed to the door leading to the patio of the venue.

I quietly followed her, my steps picking up pace when her shaking seemed to be visible, as if she can no longer hide them. I noticed how deep in thought she was that she didn't notice we were already outside, the warm summer breeze blowing a few strands of her dark hair that have streaks of brown under the bright light.

I pulled her body closer to mine when she doesn't have any intention of stopping. She seemed lost for a few seconds before her eyes cleared in on mine. The look in her wide eyes showed sorrow, frustration, and pain. My forehead creased when she seemed to be lost in thought for a while.

Why are you hurting? What are you hiding from me?

I couldn't help the impulse of kissing her soft lips when she leaned forward. It's been five years and her lips tasted the same. Sweet like honey and soft like marshmallows. It took everything in me to control my movements when I pushed her toward a pillar, leaning onto her lips as I gave her a bruising kiss. The kiss was not sweet like how we usually shared before. I poured all the frustrations I felt when she left me in that kiss. Nibbling at her lip a few times, she gasped and pushed my head closer, deepening the kiss. I groaned when she licked my lower lip, as her hands started to encircle my neck. My hands found their home when they settled at her waist, wrapping my arms around her when I felt the cool skin of her back.

When we paused to take a breath, she looked at my eyes, longing evident on those brown orbs. Her eyes then grew wide with shock when she realized what we've done. Her hands flew to her mouth, looking ashamed for a moment. I was about to speak when just like before, she immediately left.

She left.

Again.

I looked at the direction she ran off to. My heart felt like exploding inside my chest. I was once again left in the dark.

Pinching my eyes to prevent the tears from falling as I look toward the sky filled with stars, I slowly released a shuddering breath.

It's gonna be a long night tomorrow.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

216K 8.9K 33
"๐ˆ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž." - ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ณ๐šˆ๐™ฝ๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐™ธ ๐™ฟ๐š๐™พ๐™ณ๐š„๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ๐š‚ ยฉ๏ธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ
249 0 16
life, just as it is
485K 10.8K 45
ษช แด€ษชษด'แด› sแด€สษชษดษข แด›สœแด€แด› สแดแดœ แด„แด€ษด'แด› แด…แด แดกสœแด€แด› สแดแดœ แดกแด€ษดษดแด€ แด…แด โตŠ แดŠแดœsแด› แด€ษชษด'แด› ษขแดษชษดษข ๊œฐแดส€ ษชแด›เฐŒ แดs.ษขสŸแดแด„แด‹'s แด˜ส€แดแด…แดœแด„แด›ษชแดษดs #2