The Brown Bunny (TCF)

By Elac_H

'What the--?!' His eyes widened as he sees his hand. No. It was a paw. A small brown and soft paw was in fron... More

Chapter 1 : Is it a bunny? (1)
Chapter 2 : Is it a bunny? (2)
Chapter 3 : Is it a bunny? (3)
Chapter 4 : You Can Talk? (1)
Chapter 5 : You Can Talk? (2)
Chapter 6 : You can talk? (3)
Chapter 7 : It's A Curse (1)
Chapter 9 : It's A Curse (3)
Chapter 10 : There's A Way (1)
Chapter 11 : There's A Way (2)
Chapter 12 : There's A Way (3)

Chapter 8 : It's A Curse (2)

2.6K 214 54
By Elac_H

I'm still alive, guys. My mind has become complicated while deciding the ending for this book hshshshs. Anyway, have a nice day everyone!

❤️------------------------------------------------------❤️

"It's been 5 hours 54 minutes and 48 seconds...."

"I'm bored, meow..."

"Why is he still sleeping, meow...."

The three children lied down on the soft carpet while staring at the little bunny that still sleeping peacefully on the cushion.

The bunny kept rolling around while sleeping so they need to make sure he didn't fall off from the cushion.
Every time Cale's about to fall off, Raon will use his floating magic and shield to secure the small bunny's safety.

"The human never sleep like this when he's in human form..."

"Is he perhaps feeling uncomfortable?"

"M-maybe he is having a nightmare!!"

Hong's remark makes the black dragon worried.

"No! W-we should wake him up then! Right? Choi Han?"

"...I don't think Cale-nim will like it if we disturb him in his sleep."

"But we just want to save him from the nightmare!"

Raon and Hong urged Choi Han to wake Cale's up. They looked at Choi Han with their sparkling eyes and Choi Han couldn't refuse their wish.

"I–"

"Purrr..."

All four of them turned their heads towards the sound.

The little bunny makes a cute purring noise as he rubbed his soft cheeks with the cushion. They could see a tiny smile formed on his bunny face.

Choi Han's hand started to tremble and he grabbed his chest tighter. He could feel his heart squeezed uncontrollably.

"No! I, I can't! I can't wake Cale-nim up..."

Seeing him sleeping peacefully like that. There's no way he could disturb his slumber.

"Let's just let Cale-nim rest, okay?"

Choi Han patted Raon's head. Raon pouted but he didn't say anything. He nodded his head and flew towards Cale.

"Well, I guess it's nice to see human like this...but I really want to hear his voice...."

"How long will he be in that form? I miss his scammer smile, nya."

"Me too, nya..."

Choi Han looked at the sweet children with a sad smile. He walked slowly towards Cale and held the cushion.

"Wait, are you really going to wake him up–"

"Shh..."

He put one finger against his mouth and carried the cushion with his other hand gently. He smiled softly towards the children.

Fortunately, Cale was still in his slumber despite being carried by Choi Han.

"You guys must be bored, right? Why don't we take a walk around the garden?"

The children's eyes light up in excitement.

"Yes! Let's go! Let's take a walk together with the sleeping human! Eventhough he is actually being carried rather than taking a walk."

"Well, you are also not taking a walk since you're flying Raon."

"Oh. You're right."

They laughed happily as they walked out of the living room and towards the large garden outside of the Super Rock Villa.

Fuuuu~

"Ahhh~ The wind feels so great today!"

"It still feels quite hot."

"Maybe because it's already afternoon."

On already transformed into her human form and fanned herself with her hand. She grabbed Hong, who was still a kitten, into her embrace as she walked under the shade.

"I will bring out ice creams for us!"

Raon pulled out four ice creams from his spatial dimension and gave them to his siblings and Choi Han.

"Yum! Ice cream is so good!!"

Hong quickly turned to his human form and licked the ice cream happily. Choi Han smiled at the sight of the three children eating as he sat down under the shady tree. He put the small rabbit who was still sleeping on his lap as he enjoyed his ice cream.

"Ah."

Drip.

"Eeeek!"

The small bunny flinched and woke up from his dream as he felt the sudden coldness on his body. The wet sensation he felt on his body make him unconsciously squeaked.

"Cale-nim! Are you okay?!  I'm sorry!"

'Wait. Don't suddenly screaming to my ears when I just woke up.'

The bunny felt uncomfortable with the wet and coldness on his body but it's not like he can just lick the ice cream off his body. He's too lazy to do that.
Like, he just woke up from his sleep, you can't suddenly tell him to do work.

Choi Han looked worried and quickly finished his ice cream in one bite. There's still some drips of ice cream on his hand.
He licked the melting ice cream on his hand as he reached out his other hand towards the black dragon.

"What?"

Raon stared at Choi Han's open hand with a confused look. He then put his paw on his palm.

"No. Not your paw, Raon. Do you have handkerchief or towel inside your spatial dimension? I need to wipe off the cream from Cale-nim's fur."

"Oh. Hehe. Let me check!"

Raon smiled awkwardly and the two kittens just giggled.

Hong patted the bunny's head and spoke.

"Good afternoon, Cale! You've sleep for too long. I'm happy that you're awake now!"

He flashed a bright innocent smile and Cale just nodded his head.

'But I want more sleep...'

Cale was thinking of continuing his slumber but the red kitten and black dragon seemed happy to see him awake. He pushed aside his wish to sleep and just rest comfortably on the cushion.
He will not fall asleep. Hopefully.

"Oh no!! I've got no napkins or towels for human! How could I remember to store ice creams but not a napkin??"

Raon flew around Choi Han and his eyes full of worries.

"No. It's fine, Raon."

Choi Han shook his head as he placed the bunny gently on the grass.

"I will go grab it from the kitchen. Please take care of Cale-nim till I come back."

"Roger that!"

"Alright."

"Don't worry. Cale safe in our cares."

The children waved goodbye at the swordmaster who leaving with a worried look on his face.

"I'm sorry, human!! I should have kept some napkins in my spatial dimension."

Raon rubbed his cheek against Cale's which cause Cale to be pushed out a little from his cushion. He tried to push back the black dragon's cheek with his paw but he got no strength to do that.

– You are weak, Cale.

Super Rock said with a voice full of pity towards Cale.

'Whatever. I don't care anymore.'

The bunny sighed as he stopped to waste his energy pushing the black dragon away. He then just covered both of his cheeks with his long ears. Now, his bunny face looked so round like a fluff ball.

"Gasp!"

"C-Cale, you are so cute!"

"Yes! Cute fur ball!"

The three children circled around the bunny while drowning him with lots of praises. The bunny's small nose twitched cause he felt uncomfortable with those praises.

Raon then noticed someone coming closer towards them.

"Oh! Hi, Lock!"

"Hello, Raon-nim. On and Hong too."

Hong and On smiled as they ran towards the tall wolf boy. They held Lock's hands and guided him towards the shady tree where there's the small rabbit and Raon.

"Lock! You just come back from Harris Village, right? That means you still don't know, right?"

"Don't know about what?"

"Cale has turned into a cute bunny!"

"H-huh? Who?"

Hong pointed at the small bunny on the cushion.

"Cale! He becomes so adorable!"

"Ahh..."

Lock gasped as he stared at the small bunny with a pair of sparkling eyes.

Almost everyone have the same reaction when they first met Cale in that form. Cale noticed the gaze so he held up his head and greeted Lock by waving his tiny paw.

'Hiya! Long time no see. Did you have fun at Harris Village?'

Cale accidentally asked that question in his head eventhough no one could hear him. There's no words came out of his small mouth but he did make some cute rabbit's noise.

He quickly closed his mouth with both of his paws because he felt a little embarrassed by the noise that he made.

'Umm... that's quite embarrassing...'

– At least it's cute.

– I want to hear it again!

Cale let out a tired sigh as he heard someone answered him.

"Y-yes!  All the wolves children miss you and the others so much. Sir Gashan also said that it would be nice if you can come and have a tea with him anytime soon."

Lock smiled brightly at the small bunny who looked at him with a wide eyes. It's quite shocking.

The bunny pointed at himself as he made another cute rabbit noise.

'You can understand me, Lock?'

The wolf boy tilted his head to the side in confusion as he spoke.

"Hmm? Yes, I can."

'That's unexpected...No...'

Wait. Last night, On also understood what Cale was saying eventhough he was a bunny. Could it be that all the beastmen can understand this small bunny?

Cale turned his small body towards On and Hong and continued to make some cute noise.

'Hong, what's 2+2 ?'

"I'm not stupid, nya! It's obviously 4!"

Hong crossed his arms and pouted. Cale didn't mean to ask that kind of stupid question but that's the first thing that came out of his mouth to confirm that the beastmen could understand him.

'On.'

He called for On this time.

On crouched down to look at the small bunny properly.

"Yes? What's the matter?"

Hah. This is a good news.
At least he have someone who can understand him now. But it seemed like there's a little dragon who didn't really like this situation.

"Hey! What are you guys talking about? I want to know too! Human, why can't I understand you? This is so not fair!"

Raon flapped his wings furiously but Cale just ignored the jealous dragon.

Dragons can't grasp what Cale the bunny was saying at all. It's maybe because eventhough they are quite similar to beastmen, they are different type of species. They are not beastmen as they don't go berserk and don't have any berserk form.

'Also this curse is related to beastmen...'

Cale didn't forget the fact that this curse is dangerous for beast tribe. He needs to be cautious because he didn't know what will happen if the beastmen are too close with him.

'I didn't trust that damn tree at all.'

The cursed tree told Choi Han that Cale will be able to speak sooner or later. But Cale always doubt his enemies. Why would he believed the tree when it was the one who put Cale in such situation?

Cale had a guess. No, he was one hundred percent sure.

'It's impossible. I can't talk at all.'

Not now. Nor in the future.

He could feel it. There's no a single change in him at all since this morning.

Then, the tree probably lied when it said the curse will be broken. They have no other choice but to burn that damn tree till only ashes remain. But it can only be properly burnt with the Fire of Destruction.

'Haa....what a pain...'

The bunny scowled and it makes the wolf boy flinched a little.

"Y-young master-nim, can I hold you?"

He stuttered a bit but he still gathered the courage to ask Cale that question. His heart beat faster when he saw the small bunny figure in front of him.
He wanted to hold him.
He REALLY wants to.

'Well, I guess that's fine. Hmm..hup!'

The bunny stood up on his hind legs while his front feet was trying to reach the tall wolf boy. His short arms was swaying a little because it's hard to balance this new body of his properly.

"Ah... thank you..."

Lock grabbed the bunny gently and placed him in his embrace while caressing his soft head. He bit his lip to suppress the feeling of wanting to pinch Cale's cheeks.

Fuuu~~

"It's so windy today, human! Are you perhaps feeling cold or uncomfortable?"

'No. It's fine.'

Cale shook his head.

The soft and warm breeze running through Cale's fur gently that it actually felt rather nice than uncomfortable.

Dup. Dup. Dup.

'Huh? Is this...sound of the heartbeat?'

Cale lied his long ear against the wolf boy's chest. It was beating so fast.

'Is this kid alright?'

He frowned and held up his head to look at Lock.

Fliched. Cale was shocked.

Lock's face is slightly red. He was also sweating a lot. He opened his mouth slowly and spoke in a low voice.

"Your scent is so sweet, Young master-nim..."

"Hmm? Maybe it's because of the melting ice cream on human bod– huh? Noona? Hyung?"

The kittens were oddly quiet since earlier. Their golden eyes kept staring at the small bunny inside Lock's arms.

Cale's brown fur quickly stood up.

'I felt chills–'

"Aaaang––"

Cale's reddish brown eyes turned wide as he saw shiny sharp teeth in front of him. Saliva was dripping from those sharp fangs to his small face. The wolf boy opened his mouth wide like he was trying to eat the small bunny.

In that moment of danger, Cale could see the wolf boy's eyes for a second.

They were red.
As if Lock was being controlled.

'Shit–!!!!!'

Cale was not fast enough and strong enough to escape the wolf's grasp.

"HUMAN!!!!"

Raon's cried echoed in his ears.

Klang–!

The wolf's fangs clashed with a small and almost invisible silver shield.

Crackk!

Cale's silver shield is too weak that it cracked the moment it touched the sharp and strong fangs.

Fwuuu–!!!

Lock suddenly getting chained by a black mana. Only that black dragon could do this.

"Y-you! B-bad Wolfie! WHY DID YOU DO THAT, LOCK?!!"

Raon's screamed at the crazy wolf but he didn't even spare a glance towards the black dragon. His eyes kept staring at the small bunny who was running away towards the kittens to find a safe place.

"Grrrr.....!!!"

Lock growled as he kept tossing his body left and right violently to get away from the black mana chain. Of course it's hopeless.

Cale ran towards the kittens but flinched when he noticed the look on his children's eyes. His paws was sweating and his heart was beating even faster.

'This....! This bullsh*t–'

"Human! Noona and Hyung also not normal!!"

"MEEEOOWWW!!!!"

On and Hong who already turned into their kittens form aimed their sharp claws towards the bunny as quick as lightning.

SLAAASHH–!!

Drip...

'Holy sh*t!'

Tiny droplets of red blood were dripping from the bunny's soft right cheek. It was only a small amount of blood but it was enough to make his heart stopped functioning for a second.

Cale make an emergency break and quickly turned around and ran far away from his two beloved children.

"MEEOOOWW!!!!"

"MREEEOOWWW!!"

Now, the kittens also being chained by Raon's black mana.

"Humann!!! Sob! Sob! Are you okay? Why– why–"

Raon was supposedly wanted to shield the small bunny with his mana shield.

But.

"WHY DIDN'T MY MANA WORK ON YOU?!!!"

Raon couldn't do it.
Just earlier this morning, he could float Cale around with his great and mighty mana. But now he can't.

Cale just kept running away as he closed his eyes and he didn't even take a single glance at how far he already was from the wolf and kittens.

'Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! This damn feet!!'

His feet was stubby so every step he took also short. Thankfully, he was fast.

"Cale-nim!"

He finally could hear that puppy-like voice again.

Stupid senior.

What took you so long to take a single piece of towel from the kitchen?

Buk!

Since he was closing his eyes while running, he didn't see Choi Han who was coming with a basket of strawberries and towel in his hands.

'OOF! DARN IT–'

He accidentally bumped into the confused Choi Han's shoe and got threw back due to the impact.

'Ow..my head...'

As Cale got dizzy, the swordmaster quickly carried him and rubbed his head. The basket filled with strawberries already fell down to the ground and the towel was used to cover the bunny.

"Cale-nim...what...."

Choi Han's pupils was shaking and his hands that was holding Cale was trembling. He could see the stained of blood on Cale's cheek and feel his sweating paws.

He rushed towards the shady tree while embracing the bunny tightly but carefully. There's a sight that he never expected to see.

Lock and the kittens were already fainting to the ground and the black dragon who kept crying because he didn't know what to do in this situation.

Raon cried when he finally saw the person he miss the most.

"Wahh..Sob...H-human..."

'Ah....'

The bunny's heart sank when he saw the sight of his dragon crying uncontrollably.

"L-Lock..Noona...and Hyung...T-they suddenly fainted....W-was it my fault..? D-did I chained them to hard..? I- I'm not great at all...."

Raon's paws was trembling and he couldn't even move towards Cale and Choi Han because of the shock. To the small dragon, it might seemed like he was the one who hurt his siblings and Lock.

Cale wanted to rushed towards Raon to comfort him. He wanted to tell him that there's no way this was his fault. He wanted to tell him that he is always great and mighty.

But he also cannot move. He was trembling too. He kept hiding under the towel as Choi Han caressed his injured cheek.

'F*ck it..! This prey instinct!'

He was instinctively hiding because all he could see now is not really his beloved kittens and Lock fainting.
But his predators

"Raon...."

As Choi Han ran closer towards Raon,  the bunny also continued to hide himself deeper into the big towel.

Hiding.

You need to hide.

That was his bunny's instinct had told him. His mind already calmed down but his heart was still beating fast.

Cale is someone who always think of the worst possibility that could happen so that he could prepare himself.

But he never expected that he might get eaten alive by his own family.

😃------------------------------------------------------😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 573 9
The son of a Count in Northeast of Roan Kingdom, is named Cale Henituse, had lost his mother and his father had neglected him. The once cheerful chil...
78.1K 3.6K 11
^Cover found on Pinterest^ Choi Han and the cast of TBOAH stumbled upon a temple of the sealed god and on top of the altar they see... Young master C...
16.3K 1.3K 27
Cale was similar to himself-Kim Rok Soo-in an assortment of things, but his reactions were not of someone who had given in. No, they were of someone...
5.2K 319 4
[COMPLETED] Everything around him was blurry. His body aching painfully despite the common fact that his ancient power should've healed his wounds b...