I Am Living With an Idiot

By BrightWhiteSnow

Vena Anderson, a nineteen year old girl has moved away from home to attend college. She has no desire to live... More

||The Beginning||
Two || Hi My Name Is Vena
Three || Goodnight James
Four || Wow this looks good
Five || Where are we gonna eat?
Six || Tell me about yourself please
Seven || This is Awkward...
Eight || Oh God, Not Her
Nine || I Could Hit You So Hard Right Now
Ten || As You Wish, Darling
Eleven || You Are So Infuriating
Twelve || Grayson Would Not Be Jealous
Thirteen || The Agreement
Fourteen || You're Bluffing
Fifteen || All In Good Time James
Sixteen || Uh Oh This Can't Be Good
Seventeen || You Are So Adorable
Eighteen || I See You're Capable
Nineteen || Truth or Dare?
Twenty || Don't Panic
Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night
Twenty Two || His Darling
Twenty Three || Those Six Words
Twenty Four || Live a Little
Twenty Five || Staring is Impolite
Twenty Six || Game Over
Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player
Nothing more, Nothing less {Grayson's Pov}
Twenty Nine || How Can I Trust You?
Thirty || Worth The Risk
Thirty One || Stupid Sweet Talk
Thirty Two || Life is Beautiful
Thirty Three || We Need To Talk
Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be
Thirty Five || You Scared Me
Thirty Six || Such a Great Story
Thirty Seven || Afterwards
Thirty Eight || So Honest
Thirty Nine || Bouquet of Lillies
Forty || I Hate You
Forty One || His Kisses
Forty Two|| A Dilemma
Forty Three || I Don't Want to Hear it.
Forty Four || All Is Almost Forgotten
Forty Five || Maybe I Need This
Forty Six || Drunk Protests
Forty Seven || Hold My Hair
Forty Eight || Trust me J.H.
Forty Eight || Trust me V.A.
Forty Nine || Tease
Fifty || Get Out
Fifty One || Betrayed
Hello from the other side
Fifty Two || He Didn't Cheat On You
Fifty Three || Don't Raise Your Voice
Fifty Four || This Should Be Good
Fifty Five || Christmas Tree
Fifty Six || Wake Up
Fifty Seven || The City
Fifty Eight || He's Home
Fifty Nine || That's Cool
Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone
Sixty One || Presidential Debate
Sixty Two || Family Dinner
Sixty Three || Explosive
Sixty Four || Punch Your Teeth In
Sixty Five || Of Course
Sixty Six || Calvin Klein
Sixty Seven || Big Spoon
Sixty Eight || Before It's Too Late
Sixty Nine || What if?
Seventy || He Never Knew
Seventy One || Cupcake
Seventy Two || Abandon
Radish Notice!
Seventy Three || Forgive Him
Seventy Four || Messy Situation
Final Author Note: Important.
"I Am Living With An Idiot" Playlist
HELLO

Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less

289K 10.6K 7.8K
By BrightWhiteSnow

I let go of him and look at him. I raise an eyebrow at him.

I could feel the anger bubbling up in me. I have a real bad temper, so he's in for it.

"Uh oh" he mouths.

I cross my arms across my chest and wait for an explanation.

"You have thirty seconds to give me a reasonably explanation before I leave" I snap.

He nods and turns the nod on the stove. He turns to me and crosses his arms.

"I um, well when you were at a class a few days ago Leah popped out of nowheres and she hugged me from behind just like you did, anyways I I said your name and she laughed at me hysterically. Anyways, I thought she was tricking me again" he explains.

I shake my head, "Are you sure you want to go with that answer because I will go ask her right now" I say sternly.

He nods and turns back to the stove, 'Yes Vena that is that truth" He tells me.

I sigh and walk into the dining room. I grab Leah's arm and drag her around the corner.

"Hey what was that for?" she rubs her arm.

"Sorry. I need to know if you played a joke on James a few days ago" I say desperately.

She puts a finger to her chin, "I do recall playing a few" she smiles at her words, "But I am going to guess that you are talking about the one when I hugged James and he thought it was you" she raise an eyebrow.

I nod, "So you actually snuck into our apartment just to trick him" I clarify.

She smiles, "Yup and it was funny. You should have seen the colour his cheeks changed. He looked like a freaking strawberry" she laughs.

I chuckle. That would be funny. I didn't think James ever blushed.

"Anyways, so yup I played that trick on him. Why what happened?" she asks.

I shake my head, maybe this will be the part when my cheeks turn to the colour.

"Fine, I was looking for James and then I found him and I hugged him from behind and he thought it was you" I say plainly.

She was standing there, looking like she was trying to keep in her laughter. She face was turning really red, so she turned around and walked back down the hallway. I could hear her burst out in laughter when she was no longer in sight.

I groan and head back into the kitchen and see James putting the food in serving bowls.

"So, what did she tell you?" he asks.

I shrug and sit at the island.

He looks back and smiles, "I was right. I am no player, Vena" he tells me.

I shrug. I hate being wrong, but with a situation like this I was kinda glad to be wrong.

You're just denying your feeling for him.

My conscious told me. Stupid. My mind was obviously just messing with me again. I would never have feelings for James Henderson, I mean that is just absurd.

Sure he's hot and has the body of a god, but that doesn't mean I like him. I'm his roommate, nothing more, nothing less.

"Vena" James's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I look up at him, "Yes?" I ask.

"Are you okay, you look a little pale" he puts his hand up to my forehead.

"I feel fine" I assure him.

He nods, "Well could you help me set the food?" he grabs a bowl and passes me.

I grab a bowl and follow him out.

They were all sitting there talking. I set the bowl down and sat down beside Grayson.

"Hey I heard what happened" Grayson whispers to me.

My eyes widen. I should have known that she would tell.

I shoot a glare at Leah. She holds her hands up, "He was begging me" she glanced at Grayson.

I sigh and just as James sits down I start dishing my plate.

~
I had just finished my meal, while everyone else was still eating. I set my plate in the sink and when to the living room and laid down on the couch.

I stretched out and changed the TV show to a more practical one.

Melissa & Joey

You can never go wrong picking this show, like ever.

I was ten twenty minutes in when a body flopped down by my feet.

I glance down and see James smiling back at me.

I shrug and he gives me the pouty lip.

"Can I lay with you, Vena?" he asks.

I roll my eyes and make room behind me. He slides in behind me and wraps his arm around me.

"Nothing like cuddling after dinner, my Darling" he whispers in my ear.

I roll my eyes and keep watching TV.

James grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine.

I yawned and a tear slipped out on to my cheek. You know those tears slip when you're tired or when you yawn.

I don't know why I was so tired, I mean I had a few naps today, but then again I was up til three waiting for James, which meant I only got four hours of sleep last night and I noticed that after you are on a plane, it makes you tired.

"If you're tired, get some sleep" James whispers.

I nod and turn over, so I'm facing his chest. he wraps both of his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest.

I was this close to falling asleep until some ignorant asshole had to ruin it.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Grant's voice annoys me when I am trying to sleep.

"Dude, be quiet" James whispers.

I feel a dip by my feet. "Why are you cuddling Vena?" he whispers.

I feel James shrug, "I like her and she let me" he answers plainly.

Grant chuckles, "Don't screw with me, James. I know you don't like her" he scoffs.

"I told you this before, like five times and you still can't get it through your thick skull" James sighs.

Grant chuckles, "I thought you liked that girl in your class or whatever" he whispers.

"Grant. That is Vena" he runs his hand through my hair.

"She is an amazing beautiful creature" James whispers.

I smile at his words.

"Whatever. I don't want to know anymore" Grant, I assume, gets up and leaves the room.

"He's gone" James whispers in my ear.

I lift my head up and look at him. He smiles and places his hand on the side of my face.

"You really are something, Vena Anderson" he smiles.

I lean forward and press my lips to his cheek.

"Thank you" I pull away.

He gives me a questioning look, "For what?" he asks.

I smile, "For the complements".

He smiles, "Anything, for my Darling" he brushes away a piece of my hair.

I lay my head back down on his chest and rest my hand on his chest, letting sleep take over me.

~

My eyes open and I see the stairs in front of me. I look behind me and see James's tired face. He notices me and smiles small.

He carries me up the stairs and up to our room. He gently sets me on the bed and tosses me some PJs.

I was packing to sleep alone, so I had a pair of short shorts and tank top.

This is going to awkward.

He takes off his shirt and looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Get ready for bed" he tells me and slides off his jeans, only leaving him in his underwear.

It was a very lovely sight. He was muscular and had that V line.

"You're staring aren't you?" he looks back at me.

I quickly look away and grab my Pyjamas and rush into the bathroom.

I hear him laugh right before I shut the door.

I quick change and brush my teeth and all that crap before I came back out.

I shut the bathroom door and see James sitting on the bed, staring at me like I was a meal.

I give him a questioning look and shrug. I reach into my bag and grab my brush. I stand back up and see James's jaw slightly dropped.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

He slightly nods, "Yeah, you're turning me on" he says in a hushed voice.

I roll my eyes, "Get over it" I mumble, turning off the light.

I hear him groan and lay down.

I climb into bed and get under the blankets.

It felt so weird having my legs bare, especially in bed with James.

I turn on my side and I feel him up come up behind me and pull me against him.

He snuggles his head into the crook of my neck, slowly breathing.

I grab his hand and lace my fingers through his.

James's other arm was underneath my head, supporting my neck.

"Good night, Darling" he mumbles.

I smile, "Good night, James" I whisper.

~

I feel lips move down my neck, I open my eyes and see the side of James's face.

I feel him nip the side of my neck.

Oh, Hell no!

I push him away and when sees me, he smiles.

"Well good morning to you too" he smirks.

I glare at him, "Why on earth were you trying to give me a hickey?!" I ask angrily.

He shrugs, "I don't want anyone to take you away from me" he says.

I bite the inside of my mouth.

Deciding what I wanted was going to have to happen now. I have no more time left. I can't keep on dragging him on anymore.

I lean over to him and press my lips, hard to his. He was surprised at first but he eventually kissed me back. My lips felt like they were on fire and I didn't know how to deal with this fact so moved so that James fell on his back and I was straddling him.

I pull away from him.

I don't know why I did that, I just needed to know how it felt to have his lips against mine again. The last time it happened it ended just as fast as it happened.

James looked at me with wide eyes, speechless.

I shake my head and get off of him.

He grabs my hand before I could get off the bed.

"That was amazing" he smiles big.

I try to not smile, but I do anyways.

"Can you a favour?" I ask.

He nods, "Yes, anything".

"Don't tell anyone anything that happens with us from now on" I tell him.

He pulls a cricked smiles and nods, "Okay, I promise" he lets me of my hand.

I grab my clothes and walk into the bathroom and quick change.

When I came back James was in the middle of pulling on his pants.

He looks up and pulls up his pants the rest of the way.

He smirks and walks over to me and pulls me against his bare chest. I could feel his abs through my shirt.

I push him away from me and toss him his shirt out of his open suitcase.

"Put that on and meet me down stairs" I open the door and jog down the stairs.

I walk into the living room and see everyone eating breakfast on the couch.

I glance at the them all. They were a bunch of odd people.

My eyes land on my best friend.

Leah had her legs on top of Grayson's lap.

You really do get close to a person after you sleep on the same mattress as them.

I flop down on the couch next to Grant.

I glance at his and my eyes drift down to his chest.

He was shirtless and he was just as ripped as James was.

"I can see you" Grant mumbles, stuffing his face with cereal.

When swallows he smirks at me.

"Like what you see?" he asks.

Before I could have the chance to reply with a snarky comeback James comes down the stairs.

He flops down on the other side on me.

He glances over at Grayson and smirk.

"So, what did you two do last night?" James smugly says.

_______________

Hi guys sorry for not updating last night.

Please follow my IG account for wattpad. I sometimes post sneak peaks on there.

It's @BrightWhiteSnow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 1 30
"Please let me be in silence, please leave me alone. You have plenty of friends please find someone else." I said looking down. I had tears in my eye...
1.4M 56.6K 78
This was supposed to be different. I was supposed to live in a world where I don't have to worry about my boyfriend's well-being 24/7. Where I don't...
712K 17.3K 83
[completed & under editing] 𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 ➙ 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧; 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧-𝘤...
447 36 41
I smile as he leaves and I go to my room and close the door. What the fuck am I gonna do if Zack tells them tomorrow. That can't happen. I need to s...