Safe Word Sunlight | Gay MxM |

By dollygrand

A college student finds an injured vampire in the woods, saves his life, and helps him stay hidden from those... More

Welcome!
0. Prologue
1. Detour of Fate
2. First Taste
3. In Need for Comfort
4. Hunger
5. Finding Peace
6. Trophy
7. The Penthouse
8. To Protect Him
9. New Hobby
10. Just a Technicality
11. Exciting Day

12. Worry Too Much

1.8K 117 26
By dollygrand

-Sirius-

I just stared at the wide living room that opened up right before my eyes. There wasn't much yet, but that didn't bother me. Just by watching the wide space, the massive windows, and the modern look, I knew I made the right call when I bought it.

"I take it you still love it," Riley said.

I glanced at him. He had a happy smile on his face as he watched me.

"I do," I breathed out. "Let's go! I want to see everything!"

Riley laughed lightly at my enthusiasm and started our tour. He stopped my wheelchair by every room and opening so I could take a good look while my giddiness kept growing. I'd already loved it from the get-go, but seeing it now, even without a lot of furniture, knowing it was all mine... It was wonderful.

"You know..." I muttered when we stopped in the middle of the kitchen, and Riley stepped in front of me. "This is mine. My home."

"I do know," he said with a smile.

I shook my head. "I mean, this is... Mine. All mine. My family has never stepped a foot in this place. Just me."

His smile grew warmer. "It's yours to do whatever you want without the bad memories."

"Exactly," I said. "I didn't hate the mansion, but it wasn't my home. It was just a place where I lived."

"And what a home this will be!" Riley said, leaning in to hug me. "Your home is beautiful."

"If only I knew where to start," I said, peering around at the white walls over his shoulder. "So much to do."

"I'll help however I can," Riley said.

"Obviously," I said with a chuckle.

He pulled back and studied my face. "How are you feeling? Tired? Hurt? Was the drive here too much?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I said. "You worry too much."

"You almost died," Riley reminded me quietly. "And all I could do was watch. I'm sorry, but I am going to worry too much."

"Fair enough," I whispered.

He smiled and hugged me again, then stood up and turned to look around as well. "So! What is the first thing you would like to do in your very own home?"

"I, uh..." I glanced around, but the place really was empty. And the wheelchair was getting uncomfortable. I sighed. "I think I should keep my promise to Mike and go back to bed."

Riley smiled. "At least you have a big TV in the bedroom now."

"Hmmh..."

Riley stepped behind me and pushed me into the bedroom behind the living room. It sure was big. The massive bed I'd ordered was already there, the big pillows and soft blankets nearly calling my name. I was suddenly exhausted. I suppose the small trip had taken its toll on me, after all, but I hadn't noticed it in my excitement. A small TV stand had been placed at the end of the bed, and on top of it was my new TV.

"I have a lot of catching up to do," I told Riley while I took off my jacket and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I've missed a lot of my favorite shows while I was in the clinic."

"I have to go get us a lot of snacks then," Riley said.

I smiled at his words, especially at the 'us' part. Man, I was already too attached to this young human. I'd never had anyone by my side for so long, and I... I'd be miserable for a very long time if he stopped visiting me. At least it didn't seem like he was going to forget me anytime soon.

"I'll go get our bags so you can change your clothes," he told me and left the room.

I hoped this was the last time in a while when I had to use that potion. It did take too much of my energy, and I could already feel it in my weak body. I nearly fell on my face when I pushed the pants all the way down.

I tried to not laugh at the sight of my own wrinkly legs. I was not used to seeing myself so old. In a way, it was bittersweet. I'd never grow old like this. That option had been taken from me. I was not angry with my current life, not at all, but... I'd lost a lot of my freedom, and I'd never get back the time I was forced to waste with the vampire family.

When Riley stepped back into the room, I shook myself out of the memories. Meeting this little human was one of the many silver linings in my life.

"Are you hungry?" Riley asked after giving me the bag, and I fished out a pair of brand-new sweatpants and a T-shirt.

"Does my answer matter?"

"No."

"Then I'm hungry."

"Correct," Riley said with a smirk.

He turned his attention to the TV, trying to figure out how to turn it on while I got dressed. The clothes were a tad too big, but at least I'd be comfortable. They wouldn't fall off, not as long as I was too weak to leave my bed.

I lay down and let out a happy groan as I stretched my back. It felt good to lie down and let my aching body relax. It was odd to be in pain while this current body of mine should've been just fine. But I could still feel it, the damage lurking under my skin...

"Wait... How am I supposed to drink?" I asked, focusing on Riley in hopes of forgetting the pain.

He turned around and gave me an apologetic smile.

I sighed.

He pulled his bag closer and fished out a small cooling bag. I could already smell his blood, but it was tainted. Tainted by the plastic bag it was in.

"Don't give me that look," he said with a chuckle as he grabbed the blood bag and came to sit down next to me. "Be a good boy now."

I laughed lightly and shook my head, then grabbed the damn bag. "I'm not a good boy."

"Yes, you are," Riley said, tousling my hair. "Would you like a glass? Maybe it won't taste so bad?"

"Sure," I said, and watched him leave the room again.

I glanced out the windows while I waited. I could see the sea in the distance and wished I could go for a walk. I'd always enjoyed the salty air and the cool winds on my face. That was one of the reasons why I bought this place. But how long would it still take until I was well enough to go for a stroll?

I sighed and glanced at the stupid blood bag when Riley returned to me. He flashed a smile at me when he took the bag, opened it, and filled the glass halfway.

"At least it's your blood," I muttered when I took it from him. I sniffed it and tried not to gag. "I'm normally not this sensitive to plastic."

"You are sick," Riley said as he sat right next to me. "Does it still smell?"

"A little," I muttered, humoring him. I brought the glass to my lips, and the smell of his blood did wake up my appetite. I tried not to think of the smell or the taste when I took a sip, and then I tried to stop myself from shuddering. "It's good."

"You hate it," he said with a sigh.

"It's not as bad. It's yours, so I can drink it. Here, watch!" I said and took a big gulp.

It was somewhat of a mistake, but I did manage to keep it down. I didn't want to worry Riley. And I didn't want to throw up his blood. It would've been very, very rude of me. So, after a brief battle, I brought the glass back to my lips and drank the rest of it. I focused solely on his taste. The glass actually helped too, since now I didn't have to smell the bag while I drank.

"See? All gone!" I said cheerfully after I was sure everything was staying down.

"Very impressive," Riley said with a light chuckle, taking the glass from me. "And now you should rest."

"I never get to do anything fun," I murmured. "Though... This bed does feel like heaven."

"It really does," he agreed.

He helped me get cozy under the blankets, then took his place next to me and grabbed the remote. Since I didn't have that many services yet, the selection of programs wasn't that big, but we did find a comedy that had just started. It didn't even matter that we'd missed the beginning, since it took me only ten minutes to pass out.

When I woke up the next time, I was so groggy I didn't even realize I had passed out. Or that the movie Riley was watching was not the same anymore. Or that I had already turned back to myself. It even took me embarrassingly long to understand I was no longer at the clinic.

"Good sleep, huh?" Riley asked when I wiped drool off my cheek, looking around with a frown.

"Hey, you," I said when our eyes met. "Yeah, it really was," I added and chuckled as my head finally worked.

"Today was an exciting day," he said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Are you hungry?"

"I literally just ate."

"You ate two hours ago," he said and smirked.

"O-oh... To be fair, two hours isn't that long."

"You didn't eat enough," he said, bringing his left arm in front of me so he could pull up his sleeve with the one resting on my shoulders. Like he was hugging me...

I took a deep breath, enjoying every subtle scent caught in Riley's clothes and hair and himself. His own scent was even more fascinating, and I could've stayed there for a long time studying it if it wasn't for his blood that suddenly stole my attention.

He gave me his wrist, and the hunger overtook me, but not in a way that I had to be scared of myself. Ever since Riley became my Feeder, controlling my hunger had been much easier. Even now I stayed completely in control, even though I was hungry.

When he was ready, I sank my teeth into his skin, trying to be gentle. His blood flooded my mouth like a warm river of velvet, and I let out a happy little groan at the taste. Riley chuckled at my reaction and made himself comfortable against my side.

I was so focused on drinking that I hardly felt the gentle hand brushing through my hair, but when I'd satisfied the worst of my hunger, I noticed it. Of course I noticed it... Those delicate fingers had kept me sane through that horrible night. I knew I shouldn't have let myself enjoy his touch so much, but I couldn't help it. That touch meant good things.

I was hungrier than I'd thought, so it took a while before I'd had enough. Once I was full, and Riley's skin was healing, I carefully peered at him. His skin had turned paler...

"I took too much," I muttered.

He shook his head. "I'll be fine in thirty minutes or so. The supplement is working like a charm."

"You're so pale," I noted.

"Trust me, thirty minutes and I'm as good as new," he said with a smile. "It has never taken longer than that."

"I know, I know... I just..."

"You worry too much," he said and hugged me.

I chuckled at his words as I hugged him back. "I suppose we both need to learn to stop worrying so much."

"No, you have to stop worrying so much. I get to worry as much as I want," he said playfully.

I rolled my eyes in amusement. "I feel much better now," I told him, and peered around in my massive room. "I don't really want to stay in bed."

Riley raised his eyebrow at me. "How's your wound?"

I pulled my shirt up. The skin around the wound was slightly red, but that's about it. There were no signs of tearing.

"Well it looks good," Riley muttered. "Does it hurt?"

"Nope."

"I suppose we can go have another stroll around the place," he said after a short moment of hesitation.

"Great! I really want to go see the views in the living room," I told him while he got out of bed.

"They are gorgeous," he agreed.

A short moment later, I was securely seated in my wheelchair, and Riley parked me in front of the massive windows so I could see the sea.

"I much rather sit here and watch the waves than stare at the walls at Mike's," I muttered.

"Yeah, so would I."

I looked up at him. He had a soft smile on his lips as he stared outside. For a moment, I forgot what I was going to say while I watched him. It was not only his blood and touch that made me feel better.

He soon noticed me staring and turned his attention to me. "Do I have something on my face or are you still hungry?" he asked.

"I was just... making... sure that... you're feeling all right. I mean... I took too much blood and..."

Oh god, why was I blushing...?

"I'm fine," he said, stretching his words as he leaned closer to me. "I'm not even dizzy."

"Good, good," I hurried to say and turned to look outside. But I was too restless to stare outside, so I turned to look toward the kitchen. "Let's... Take me there. I want to take a closer look."

"Sure!"

I tried to get a hold of myself while he couldn't see my face. I shouldn't get too attached to the boy. And by attached, I meant... feelings. No, no, no, no... This was not good. There were tons of reasons why this was not good at all!

And yet... I didn't want to put a stop to it.

I wasn't actually paying attention to the kitchen. I opened doors and drawers, peered into the massive fridge, and asked to see the wine cooler closer, but in reality, all my senses were on Riley. His scent. His warmth. His breathing and heartbeat. His voice.

"I wish I could get my wine collection from the mansion," I spoke in hopes of giving myself something else to think about. "I love a good, old bottle of wine..."

"You'll get them back," Riley said. "One day, this all will be over."

"I hope so. Let me go take another look at the other rooms," I said, and our tour continued.

The other rooms were still empty, and I doubted I'd have the opportunity to furnish them anytime soon. The place was so big it would take me months to buy everything I needed. But time was all I had, and I wanted to take my time furnishing this place exactly the way I wanted.

"I have so many plans for these rooms," I muttered. "I want at least one cozy reading corner. And lots and lots of plants everywhere. Maybe an aquarium? And big, puffy chairs around the fireplace, and..."

As Riley pushed me slowly through my new home, I came up with dozens of ideas about what to do with the place. He then stopped my wheelchair at the bottom of the staircase leading upstairs. I peered at the top of it, but I didn't feel like climbing up the stairs just yet, so I asked him to take me back to the windows in the living room.

"And the balcony..." I murmured. "I want to turn it into an exotic jungle. Plants, trees, flowers..."

"It's going to look amazing," Riley said in excitement.

I nodded with a smile, then glanced toward my bedroom. It was big enough to... to...

I gasped so loud Riley sprung around to see if we were in danger. I just stared at the doorway, frozen to my seat.

"Sirius? What is it?" Riley asked with worried eyes.

"I only have one bed," I whispered.

Riley frowned, his posture relaxing. "Yeah? Do you need a second one right now?"

I turned to stare at him. "But where are you going to sleep?"

"Oh! It's fine, I can..." he peered around and noticed something I'd already realized. "You don't have a couch yet," he murmured.

"I'm sorry, I should've bought a spare bed," I said. "But... If you don't mind... My bed is big enough for both of us?"

"Of course I don't mind," he said with a smile.

"It's better than sleeping on the floor, right?" I asked, giving him an apologetic smile. "I completely forgot to get a spare bed..."

"It's fine," he said with a smile. "There is plenty of room for both of us in your bed."

"Yes, there is," I said, feeling unnecessarily happy that he was fine with it.

I really should've put a stop to this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.1K 39
This is about a boy who hated love . He doesn't want any type of relationship in his life, he just like living and surviving alone. That was his life...
3.2M 176K 37
They're blood-thirsty. Every last one of them. Per the Agreement, however, all humans are assigned a vampire at birth. When they reach their age t...
70.5K 4.9K 105
Erin Tesla was eager for his first day of college. He was bright, young, and happy to be three hours away from his family. Everything was going smoot...
897K 26.8K 24
Baine is a normal vampire. He works at his sire's club The Vampire's Kiss as a bartender and does not wish for anything more in life. That all change...