𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 ☽...

By Last_Renegade

❝ But I can't turn a blind eye anymore, Osiris. I'm not going to sit idly by and wait for someone to do some... More

the other side
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

8

3K 165 218
By Last_Renegade

18+ warning - dubious content (could be considered non-con)

Elizabeth woke up the next day, feeling energized and ready for the day. It's been a long since she had a full night's sleep and sleeping with Steven helped her achieve that. She carefully propped herself up and peered over at the man sleeping soundly behind her. Last night, Steven had his arms enveloped around her, now, his back was facing her.

Elizabeth brushed it off and left the bed slowly, so as to not wake up Steven. She hopped over the sand, not wanting to have a footprint and make him think that it was his. She walked past the aquarium and she bent down so she could get a good look at the goldfish that had miraculously grown one of its fins.

"Good morning, Gus." she greeted, grabbing the fish food shaker before pouring a suitable amount for the goldfish She decided to do it herself so Steven wouldn't have to. The goldfish dug in right after, eating very quickly and in a matter of seconds, the food she had thrown in there was gone.

"Hungry, aren't you?" she said with a chuckle while watching the fish swim about. She then walked to the kitchen, cleaning up the mess before she grabbed a metal bowl after she surprisingly found a box of pancake mix in his cupboards.

"Are pancakes vegan?" she questioned herself as she stared down at the box with a lifted eyebrow. She wondered at the thought for a minute until she shrugged it off and opened the box. When she walked back to the bridge to grab a few wet ingredients, her head bumped against the cupboard door. She groaned softly as she went to grab wet ingredients from his fridge before mixing them all together. As she mixed the batter, she heard footsteps padding against the wooden floor, causing her to turn around.

Steven had awoken, eyes still heavy with sleep as he stared at Elizabeth.

"Good morning." she greeted him with the mixing bowl in hand, "I hope you don't mind but I made breakfast."

Steven looked at her with his eyes half-open, he responded with a hum and sat down on the table near the kitchen, groaning softly. Elizabeth tilted her head, staring at him with a perplexed gaze.

"Are you okay?" She asked, setting the mixing bowl on the table before situating herself in front of Steven. Steven lifted his head from his hands, his eyes growing wide as if he was surprised to see her there.

"Are you okay?" She reiterated, then found herself chuckling with the way Steven reacted. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

She rose to her feet while she tied her hair in a bun, exposing more of her face. "Well, I might as well be. Because of what I look like now."

"You like fine," Steven replied, but it sounded different. His accent was gone, replaced with an American one but not the one she hears from most Americans she encountered in the museum, something more different. "If anything, you look gorgeous in my clothes, darlin'."

"Look at you being flirty," Elizabeth remarked with a giggle as she walked back to the kitchen to continue cooking. Throughout the whole time, she could not forget the accent that Steven had on, it was kind of weird, and wondered why he seemed like he was putting up an act.

"Here you go." she placed the plates in front of his and Steve grinned in delight and began digging in before she sat. Within a matter of minutes, Steven was able to finish all the four stacks of pancakes she made him, making Elizabeth chuckle softly. "Jesus, slow down."

"Sorry," he replied with a laugh, "It's because of the way you made this. You remind me of Gena."

"Gena? Who is she?"

"She owns this great diner in New York. All of her food is great," he said in a muffled tone, his mouth still full with food until he swallowed it down. "Tell you what, if we got the time, I'll take you to New York and we'll go eat in that diner, sweet pea. My treat."

Elizabeth reeled back from the table, chuckling softly. "O-Okay." Elizabeth quickly finished up her food and took the plates from the table so she can bring them up to the sink and wash them. She felt his eyes burning through her skull, making her a bit wary of his actions. Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands fall on her shoulders, she had to smother back a flinch as he began kneading his fingers into her skin.

"You look tense, cariño'. Relax." His breath fanned over her ear, making her shiver. Her heart started to pound against her chest, not because of worry, but because of the way his fingers felt, her skin felt like it was on fire now.

"S-Steven..."

"Hmm?"

It was as if all the words left her mouth when he began to kiss her neck. She almost dropped the plates if she had not kept a tight grip on them. A low chuckle escaped his mouth as if he was amused at how much effect he had on Elizabeth.

"What we're you saying, darling?" he asked, his voice having a teasing edge in his tone.

"We can't...we..." Elizabeth bit her bottom lip as his hand now left her shoulders. His hands began traveling down to her body, but even if she wanted this to stop, her feet remained rooted to the floor. Meanwhile, 'Steven' was loving the effect he had on her, with every kiss he placed on her skin, he was watching her holding back a sound by biting her bottom lip. Oh how he wanted to hear her voice, he didn't want her to hold back.

So he decided to take it up a notch.

His right hand played with the hem of the sweater that belonged to him, he smirked dubiously at the way she flinched when his hand went underneath, allowing his hand to touch her skin. For a split second, a soft sound escaped her lips and when she realized it, Elizabeth clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Oh just let it out, darling. I want to hear you." He moved his left hand up to her face, fingers wrapping around her wrist as he pulled her hand away from her mouth. Elizabeth dropped her head low, biting her bottom lip to refrain from making any sound as Steven continued to touch her body and doing nothing more than that, that was until he felt his right hand going down her pajamas.

"Steven..." Elizabeth said in a hushed tone, her hand touching his that was inside of her pajamas.

The sound of her voice when he called her was his breaking point, even if she called her by a different name.

Without hesitation, he turned her body around, grasping onto her thighs before he hoisted her swiftly up the counter. The plates in her hands fell on the sink with a loud sound, making him grin at how she was fidgeting under his stare.

Elizabeth involuntarily let out a small yelp at the gesture, mouth popping open in surprise. Something in the way he was able to carry her up to the counter without strain was wildly attractive. Her skin felt like it had been lit on fire as she gazed down at his hands holding onto her legs.

He leaned forward, pressing his arousal against her inner thighs in a slow rhythm, causing her to release a soft whimper. Slowly, he reached up with one hand to grab one of her own. "Just like that, sweet pea. I want to hear your voice," he told her softly, bringing her hand up to his mouth, and placing delicate kisses upon her fingers.

"We–" she shuddered when his hand grabbed onto the hems of her shirt, pulling it upwards. "Steven, we don't have ti—"

All of a sudden, a loud thud against the door caused him to stop his actions. He snapped his head towards the door, keeping a wary gaze at it if ever it sounded once again.

"Stay there, darling." He instructed her and Elizabeth nodded. 

She pulled her sweater down as she watched him stride over to the door with careful steps. He removed the tape that was plastered onto the door before unlocking it. After one deep breath, he pulled the door open and looked out. He viewed the hallways suspiciously, lingering there for a few seconds before getting back inside.

"What was it?" Elizabeth asked, craning her head so that she sees through the door.

"It's nothing, sweet pea." Steven closed the door behind him, a reassuring smile set on his face, "Probably the neighbors."

"Oh, okay." Elizabeth then glanced at the clock that hung on the wall, trying hard to rid her mind of Steven's hands exploring her body. "We need to get ready, we can't be late or Donna will have our ass."

Elizabeth returned her gaze towards Steven and saw the playful smirk on his face. Elizabeth rolled her eyes with a soft chuckle as she finished up the plates.

"That's too bad, cariño. Perhaps we can continue next time." Steven suggested as she was walking past him. Elizabeth stopped at the door, feeling her cheeks burning up. She shot Steven a glare which he found amusing, making him laugh.

Closing the door behind her, Elizabeth released a heavy sigh as she drifted her gaze upwards, seeing Horus standing in front of her door with his arms crossed. Elizabeth wondered if he was the one who made that noise.

Your friend is acting differently.

Walking inside of her far, she made a bee in towards the bathroom, quickly clothing the door so that Horus could stay outside. She began stripping herself off her clothing when she heard Horus's footsteps approach the bathroom door.

You saw that, didn't you?

"Of course I did." Elizabeth turned the shower on, letting the water pour all over her body. But deep inside, she thought that it was hot. "It was weird."

Indeed. I was keeping watch on you the whole time.

"That's creepy," Elizabeth told him as she turned on the shower and allowed the water to run down her body. "It's not like he's doing anything wrong, Horus. It's still Steven, he probably...putting on an act." Elizabeth told him but by her tone, it was like she was convincing herself more than him.

Is that uncertainty in your voice, I hear? Still, I would suggest keeping an eye out for him.

"Bad feeling again?"

Bad feeling.

"Fine then I will."

It's for your safety, child.

"I know. I know."

When she finished, she made her way to her bedroom to get dressed. She tossed the clothes Steven lent him and mentally noted to wash them when she gets home. After getting a few things, she walked out of her flat, not surprised to see Steven waiting outside. She merely offered him a smile as they both headed down.

He was still acting as this suave man with an American accent. She wondered how long he would keep it up.

Halfway through their bus ride to the museum, Elizabeth hadn't noticed Steven had fallen asleep until she felt his figure leaning into her.

"Oh god," she said, straining as she leaned him against the side. Within a few moments, Stephen's eyes shot wide open, and a loud, frightened scream escaped his mouth, startling the bus driver and everyone inside the bus, including Elizabeth.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" she asked in a hushed voice.

"I-I-I..." Steven stammered, eyes darting around the bus. He was still disoriented from sleep but once it had settled his eyes fell upon Elizabeth's causing him to take a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"You're..." his eyes scanned her from head to toe with his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "You're alright. You're all right!"

"Of course I'm alright, why would you think I wasn't?" she replied to him with a perplexed gaze.

"Because last night, I—" He paused, his eyes catching a familiar white figure standing on the side of the street. His eyes flashed with recognition as they zipped past the figure, it quickly vanished as they passed by a lamp post.   He blinked a few times just to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. It was the same monster in his dream or rather, last night, pursuing him.

Worried for his safety and Elizabeth's, he grabbed her hand as the bus came to a stop. He pulled her out of the bus hurriedly.

"Wait, this isn't our stop yet." Elizabeth looked over to Steven and saw him starting at the bus with his eyes wide in shock. She followed his gaze but by then, the bus had been driving away.

"Oh my God. He's real."

"Who is?" she asked, directing her gaze back towards Steven.

"The man in my dreams. But I don't think it's a dream anymore."

"I don't understand."

"I'll explain to you on the way. But now we need to get to the museum, it's the safest place we can go to right now." He grabbed her hand once more before the two of them crossed the street. On the way to the museum, Steven explained everything to her; Getting lost in the Alps,  his dream that he was being chased by a group of soldiers because of a golden scarab, the man that looked like a cult leader, everything.

She was beginning to believe that the reason he was missing two days ago was because of this.

"But how the bloody hell did you get to the Alps?" Elizabeth questioned, confusion racked her mind.

"Exactly. I don't know. But when I woke up, I was back in my flat."

"Goodness, Steven."

The pair climbed up the stairs leading up to the museum, hand in hand. Holding Elizabeth's hand brought him comfort and reassurance, but he knew by bringing her around would also endanger her as well. He let go of her once they approached the security desk where J.B. was.

"Hey, J.B., now you doin' mate?" Steven greeted casually, hiding the panic in his voice.

"How's it going, Scotty?" J.B leaned in closer but his attention never left his phone.

"It's Steven." he corrected him, glancing down at J.B.'s phone, "Are you watching otter videos again?"

"They're adorable, mate." he responded, glancing up from his phone. At that moment, he then noticed Elizabeth standing behind Steven, "Hey, Elizabeth."

"Great, yeah cool." he glanced to the entrance again, checking whether the man from the bus had come in yet. "Listen, man, I need to keep an eye out, 'cause I'm being followed."

"Really, mate?" J.B said, finding it hard to believe.

"Yeah. Will you just, like, not let anyone in, yeah?"

"It's a museum, bruv. That'll be difficult."

"Obviously, I just mean like, anyone dodgy." Steven elaborated but J.B. still refused Steven's request.

"Anyone who wants to come in, can," J.B. rebutted, reclining his back against his chair. "It's free."

Around the corner, Elizabeth spotted a familiar figure coming up to them. Donna called to Steven, carrying a box of scarab-shaped plushies.

"Stevie, can you take this downstairs?" she asked as she approached him.

"Just a minute," Steven told her then turned to J.B. To ask again. But the security disregarded him as his phone started to ring, telling Steven that he had to take it because it was his Mum calling.

"Take it downstairs, now," Donna demanded and when she saw Elizabeth standing beside Steven, she shot her a questioning look, asking Elizabeth what was wrong with Steven.

"Just help me out? Yeah?" Steven asked again, but he didn't get any reassurance from J.B. for he had already walked off somewhere. Steven then brought his attention to Donna who hasn't stopped nagging ever since she came. But from the corner of his eyes, he saw a man in a suit, one he recalled seeing on the bus with him and Elizabeth. His grip around her hand tightened, worrying for her safety.

"Oh my God. that man was on the bus," Steven stated, causing both Donna and Elizabeth to follow his gaze. Elizabeth's eyes went wide, it was indeed a man she saw on the bus earlier.

"I don't give a monkey's. Take this downstairs—"

"Will you—" Steven said through gritted teeth, irritation evident in his tone for he was starting to get on his nerves. However, he was able to compose himself while he joined both of his hands in front of his chest as he gazed down at Donna, "Please, just give me a minute? Yeah? Thanks, Donna."

Steven then turned to Elizabeth and saw how worried she was. "Stay here, love, okay?"

Elizabeth nodded and the two women watched as he walked deeper into the museum, following the man in the suit.

"You're still on inventory tonight!" Donna reminded him, that Steven didn't answer for he already stepped into the other room where a man had entered.

"I'll bring this downstairs," Elizabeth said as she picked up the box of plushies from Donna's hands.

"Is there something wrong with your boyfriend?" Donna turned to look over to the room where Steven disappeared. "He seems pretty tensed about something."

"I'm sorry for how Steven acted, Donna." Although deep inside, it was nice to see Steven almost getting annoyed at Donna for interrupting him while he was talking to J.B. "He's just stressed, that's all."

Donna raised an eyebrow as she viewed the woman in front of her. "Are you two fightin'?"

"What's this about fighting?" J.B. chimed in as he returned to his seat, "You and Scotty are fighting? Then that means I still got a chance then."

Elizabeth shot him a glare, "Firstly, we are not fighting and secondly, J.B. The answer's still no."

J.B. frowned and to hide away his embarrassment, he faced his back towards the two women and continued watching otter videos on his phone. Elizabeth excused herself from Donna and make her way downstairs to put the box there at Donna's request.

Upstairs, Steven kept his pursuit of the man in the black suit. He headed to a less crowded part of the museum before he disappeared behind one of the displays. Steven continued to follow him with a careful stride.

"So you really do work here."

"Oh god." Steven whirled around, eyes wide in surprise as Arthur Harrow spoke from among the large pillars.

"I'd assumed Steven Grant was an alias." Harrow continued as he began walking forward. But with every step he took, Steven retreated. "Imagine my surprise to find you here."

He turned around, watching for any of the museum displays he might be tipping over when he spotted one of the security guards nearby. Relief washed over Steven as he approached him.

"Excuse me, Ronnie. This man right here has been following me. Now I don't know—" he paused when Ronnie walked up to him and exposed his right arm, revealing the same tattoo that Harrow has on his arm.

"Praise Ammit."

Steven glanced up at Ronnie, eyes wide in shock as the realization dawned on him. "Ronnie, you're part of this?"

Steven turned to face Arthur Harrow once again, this time, he wasn't going to run anymore, he was going to confront him to stop this once and for all.

"Mate, I don't have your bloody beetle. I swear i—"

"Oh, no. The scarab doesn't belong to me. It belongs to her." He directed his gaze over to the pillar beside him, placing his hand over it. The pillar had a portrait of an Egyptian deity with a head of a crocodile, the mane, and forequarters of a lion, and the hindquarters of a hippopotamus. "Do you know Ammit?"

"Do I know Ammit...No, not personally." Steven was walking sway again but with every step he took backward, Harrow was closing in on him. "Egyptian deity, right? World's first bogeyman."

"She was only the bogeyman for evildoers." Harrow corrected him, chuckling softly.

"Right." Steven nearly knocked over one of the displays, he quickly placed his hand on it so it wouldn't fall before he continued walking backward.

"She grew weary of having to wait for sinners to commit their crime before punishing them. Would you wait to weed a garden till after the roses were dead?"

"I wouldn't do that." was Steven's quick response.

"The justice of Ammit surveys the whole of our lives. Past, present, future. She knows what we've done and what we will do." Harrow carried on before he stopped walking.

"Great. Okay. Well, the books must have left that part out." Steven turned around, ready to make a run for the door behind him until he saw a man had shut it close before he faced Steven, walking up to him with malicious intent. He then went the other way but froze when he saw a young girl in a denim jacket standing in his way. She exposed her arm which bore the same mark that Harrow has.

He was being surrounded.

"Consider this. Had Ammit been free, she would have prevented Hitler and the destruction he wrought." Harrow started to approach him once more, closing the distance between them, "Nero, the Armenian genocide, Pol Pot.

Steven started to shake his head, "Not nice people.

"But she was betrayed."

"By indolent fellow gods. By even her own Avatar."

"Avatars. Blue people. Love that film."

"By Avatar, what I mean—"

"You mean, the anime?"

"Steven. Stop it." Harrow told him in a demanding tone.

"Are you going to kill me?" Steven asked him when suddenly, the lights around them started to flicker, just like how they had been in his apartment building.

"It's maddening, isn't it? The voice in your head?" Harrow stepped closer to Steven, "Relentless, forever unsatisfied. No matter how hard you try to please, it devours you until there's nothing left but a hollow shell. And the more you ask for help, the more you begin to sound like the boy who cried wolf."

Steven glanced down as Harrow began to roll his sleeves up to his elbow, exposing his tattoo before reaching out and taking Steven's arms. Steven relented, allowing him to do whatever he was going to do.

But fear and panic began to rise up, causing him to breathe heavily.

He brought his gaze back to Harrow as he tried to claim his breathing. "I can't help you."

Harrow moved his head closer. "I am trying to help you," he reassured him in a higher tone before leaning back. Harrow then brought his cane into Steven's arms.

"I saw you kill that woman in the Alps." Steven told him as Harrow joined his arms together to keep the cane in between them.

"I only told her what millions more will soon learn."

Harrow looked straight into Steven's eyes and then asked the question. "Do you want to know the truth?"

Steven gazed at him in anticipation as both the cane and the tattoo on Harrow's arm began to move. Steven glanced down so that he could watch the whole thing happen.

Harrow stared down at the scales in his arm, eyebrows scratched together in confusion as it continued moving as if it was never going to stop. He looked up at Steven and their eyes connected.

"There's chaos in you," he told him.

"There what—"

"Steven!"

Steven turned his head as the door opened and Elizabeth's voice sounded in his ears. The brunette walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his, tugging them off of Harrow's grasp subtly. If she had been paying attention, she would've heard the irritated groan that escaped Harrow's lips.

"Come on, Steven. You don't want Donna to get angry at you again." Elizabeth said, tugging him away from Harrow. She then glanced sideways, only acknowledging Harrow just now. "Mister Harrow, how nice of you to come by."

"Elizabeth Foster, what a surprise." Harrow was now placing his cane back in on the ground as he looked down at the brunette, "You work here?"

"Yes and we've got a lot of customers waiting in the gift shop so do you mind if take Steven away?" Elizabeth was pulling Steven back before Harrow could even answer her. She started sprinting out of the door with Steven, getting away from them without any trouble.

"Do you know him?" Steven asked as they slowed down.

"I do. My sister works for him." She replied as they were nearing the gift shop. She stopped the both of them, glancing over his shoulder to see if they were being followed. When she saw that they were not, she returned her gaze to Steven.  "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"He did the thing right?"

Steven's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "What thing?"

"The thing that he does with his cane and you go like this." Elizabeth joined her arms together, demonstrating it for Steven.

"Oh yeah, he did that." he confirmed.

"So what happened?"

"Nothing happened to me. Why are you asking? Did he do the same thing to you?"

Elizabeth nodded. "He did. But before it really started, Hor—" she paused, realized that the had almost blurted out her god's name, she shook her head and corrected herself, "One of his followers came and took him away before we could continue."

Steven didn't miss the name she was about to say but he brushed it off.

"You two!"

The pair snapped their heads towards Donna, who was the gift shop whole shooting them a stern look. "Don't just stand there and make out. Work!"

"Sorry, Donna." The pair said at the same time before walking back to the gift shop.

•••

"You look adorable in this."

Elizabeth said, holding the plushie that's shaped like a falcon, mostly resembling the Egyptian God Horus. As they were closing up the shop earlier, she saw it in one of the boxes, being the last one left, and decided to buy it. She had been holding on to it ever since.

Horus was standing in front of one of the displays, eyeing it with interest until Elizabeth caught his attention. He turned around, gazing down at the plushie she was holding with both hands, scrutinizing it with a judging look. He turned to Elizabeth, shooting her a questioning look. He wasn't sure if he was teasing her or not.

"What?" she said laughing softly, "I'm making fun of you. I'm just saying that the way you look here makes you adorable."

And these really sell?

"Of course, this was the last one." She waves the plushie up, allowing Horus to see it fully. "And don't judge it like that, they changed its appearance so it's more appealing to kids and maybe some adults," she clicked her tongue as he pointed to herself with a smirk. Horus rolled his eyes playfully, a chuckle coming out of his mouth as he directed his gaze towards the museum.

Your friend sure is taking his time.

Elizabeth followed his gaze, seeing the museum barely had any lights anymore for they had turned them all off. Elizabeth stuffed her plushies into her bag and stood up.

"Should we check?" She glanced over to Horus, awaiting his answer. She saw how his shoulders tensed when he started at the museum for a short period. Seconds picked by and finally, Horus nodded.

Fine, but keep an eye out. I have a—

"Bad feeling about this," she said in unison with Horus, earning a stern look from the god.

This is no laughing matter, Elizabeth. I sense something in there. Something ominous.

Elizabeth nodded and after mustering all of her courage, she marched back to the museum, undeterred because she knew that Horus was behind her. The Museum was quiet until the sound of a growling animal broke it, Elizabeth froze as her hands clasped around the handles of her bag.

"What the bloody hell was that?" she asked as her eyes dated around her surroundings, trying to determine the growling noise as it continued to sound off in the distance. It seemed to be closing in, getting closer and closer with every breath she took. She got poised for battle but her fear left her frozen.

Elizabeth!

As Horus called out her name, a creature pounced on her from behind, pinning her down to the floors. Elizabeth got on her back as she struggled. The creature kept clawing at her face which she was able to avoid surprisingly.

Fight! Get up and fight!

"I can't!" Elizabeth's eyes widened as she saw that the creature was lifting its other hand, preparing to deal a powerful blow to her. Elizabeth felt useless, unable to fight back because she left her fear to take over.

That was until she heard the creature seemingly crying in pain. She blinked her eyes, seeing that the creature in front of her was now, limping backward as its screams of agony rang in her ears. She was no longer on the floor as well, and in her hands, she held a pair of feather-shaped blades.

"Horus?" she called to him as she looked at herself. Her body moved but not of her own volition. Horus had taken over of Elizabeth, controlling her body and now fighting for her safety.

I'm sorry I entered your body without your permission, child.

"No, it's fine! It's fine!" she reassured him as she kept a wary gaze on the creature which seemed to have recovered quite fast. It shook its head before setting its eyes on Elizabeth once more, the creature released a powerful cry before sprinting towards her.

You don't mind me using your body for a bit, do you?

"Just go with it, you're the fighter," Elizabeth reassured him and with that, Horis took full control of her body. She dashed towards the creature, releasing the two feather blades in her grasp. The two blades merely whizzed past the creature with one of them creating a gash on its leg, but it disregarded it completely and kept pursuing her.

The creature then leaped in the air, about to pounce at Elizabeth until she got down on her knees, using the momentum she gained from running allowed her to slide across the floors. She manifested another feather blade from her hand before shoving it upwards.

The blade pierced through the creature's skin like paper and as she slid across the floor, she dragged the blade across its body, cutting it in half. With a sharp pull of her blade from the creature's body, she rose back to her feet and faced the creature, setting a hard gaze on it before she threw a blade right through its skull.

Elizabeth raised her hand, watching as the feather blade dislodged itself from the creature's skull before returning to her hand.

Elizabeth felt Horus leave her body, her body moved like it was being pulled on as he left. After steadying herself, she watched the feather blade dissipate into flurries of light before turning her attention to the creature that had died. Elizabeth took a wary step forward, eyeing it with her eyebrows knitted together in confusion as its body turned into a big pile of sand.

"Well, Larry from maintenance is going to have a fit." she began looking around, spotting Horus standing beside her seconds later with a perplexed look on his face. "What was that creature?"

A jackal. It was summoned to pursue something.

"Well, if there's more than we should get to Steven! He might get hurt." Without expecting any more response from Horus, Elizabeth sprinted deeper into the museum. She soon heard the familiar sound of the jackal growling in the room beside hers. She headed straight in that direction but she skidded to a stop when she saw Steven hiding behind one of the displays, clutching his bag tightly with a terrified look on his face.

"Elle!" Steven said in a low tone when she saw her. He looked over the display, spotting the creature slowly creeping up towards their direction. "Go!"

"But I can't leave you here!" Elizabeth glanced up when the jackal roared.

"Get down!" Steven waved his hand, gesturing to the pillar beside her. Elizabeth nodded and got down on one knee, hiding behind the pillar with her back pressed against it.

"Steven Grant of the gift shop." Harrow's voice echoed throughout the museum through the speakers. "Give me the scarab and you won't be torn apart."

Elizabeth looked over the pillar, watching Steven holding up his bag while behind him, the jackal was coming in closer. Elizabeth waved her hand, manifesting three feather blades in her grasp while silently praying that her shots were precise kind of like how Horus did when he was in control of her body.

Bu t before she could anything, Steven threw his bag across the room. The jackal tackled it, ripping it apart with teeth while Steven stood up, walking up to her.

"You should go," he told her with a panicked voice. His eyes fell upon the blade in her hands, causing him to lift an eyebrow.

"No! I can't—" she was cut off when all of a sudden, the jackal grabbed onto the pillar she had her back against, his roars caused Elizabeth to duck away and cover her ears.

"Go! Go!" Steven told her as he started to run away.

Elizabeth was about to chase after Steven when a pair of hands wrapped around her right arm, pulling her back. Elizabeth looked over and a breath escaped her lips to see her big sister standing behind her, with a pleading look on her face.

"We have to go," Ara told her, her grip growing tighter around Elizabeth's arm. "It's dangerous in here."

"No! Steven's in trouble. We need to help him."

"There's nothing we can do, Lizzie. We have to go now!" she said with urgency in her tone. But Elizabeth didn't budge, she pulled her arm from Ara's grasp and glared at her.

"I'm not leaving." she told her firmly.

Ara's worried expression changed, almost making Elizabeth shudder. Before she could do anything, two men were holding both of her arms, her feather blades fell to the ground when she tried to struggle out of her grasp.

"What's this?" Elizabeth let out a soft grunt as she tried to pry her arms from their grasp but they were far stronger than she was. She turned to her sister, who was now walking up to her with her eyebrows furrowed with feigned concern. Elizabeth started to move her head back when Ara lifted a white cloth, a strong scent emanating from it.

"What are you doing?" Elizabeth kept moving her head back, distancing herself from the cloth until one of the men holding her grabbed her head, keeping it steady.

"You made me do this, Lizzie. I'm sorry but I can't have him interfere with our plan."

Ara clamped the cloth over Elizabeth's mouth and nose, watching her inhale the substance with no ounce of sympathy for her sister. The chemical entered her lungs and within a few moments, her eyelids began to feel heavy. By then, the men holding her let her go, one of them hoisted her up to her shoulder before they carried her away.

Unbeknownst to them, stepping out into the room they were in, was a man dressed in a white suit. His eyes—glowing white like the full moon in the night sky—scanned his surroundings, until they fell upon Arabella and the two men behind her. Glancing down, he grew furious when he saw who they were carrying in their arms.

He took one of his crescent darts from his chest plate and without hesitation, threw it towards the man he first set his eye on with deadly precision. The man released a strained cry as the dart struck the back of his head before collapsing to the ground.

Arabella and the other man turned to see that their companion had fallen to the ground and was now dead.

With the two of them distracted, he dashed towards them, his white cape billowing in the air behind him as he brought his knee up and managed to hit Arabella's chin, knocking her back while sending her into a momentary dazed state before swiftly taking another crescent dart from his chest and throwing it into the head of the man that carried Elizabeth.

The crescent dart struck him in between his eyes, blood began to pour out of his forehead as he began to collapse. But before the man brought Elizabeth down with him, he swiftly takes her in his arms.

His bright white eyes stared down at her in concern.

"Elizabeth." He called to her, worry coating his voice. "Elle."

For a split second, the woman opened her brown eyes but found it hard to difficult to do so. She barely opened her eyes but she caught a glimpse of a man in a white mask staring down at her. When he called her name once more, Elizabeth fought to keep her eyes open.

But the effect of the chemical she had inhaled was far stronger and in the end, her head fell backward, her consciousness gone.

He carefully brought her head up, keeping it against his chest as he began to depart the museum. The closer he was getting to the entrance, the more his suit started to peel away, revealing who he truly was.

Marc Spector.

...

First time writing smut in a fic, so I don't know if I did it well or not. What a creative way to introduce Jake Lockley huh? XD.

Also I made a playlist on Spotify for this fic, it has some songs that I didn't mention in the introduction chapter of this story.

Check it out!

Also, I have finally decided on Charles Foster's face claim and that will be...

Jeffery Dean Morgan!

so excited to have him do more in the story so stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 148 12
When you were very young you were adopted by the 1 and only Marc Spector. Life with 3 dads that share a body who are ALL the avatar of an ancient god...
1.5K 88 15
in which things don't go as planned. [MOONKNIGHT AU] [OC x MOON BOYS] [I ONLY OWN MY OC] [ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO MARVEL] [MAJOR FLUFF] [#60 in moonkn...
709K 9.4K 200
✨FULL OF SMUT✨ ⚠️⚠️⚠️ Smut, soft lovemaking, fingering, unprotected sex,chase kink, spit kink, dom/sub dynamics, choking, oral sex (f receiving), mas...
4.8K 141 5
Marc had a suspicion he had another person in him, Steven wasn't the only one, that was evident after what happened with Harrow. But neither Marc nor...