Memories

By nightmare840

Seth isn't popular at his new school. The young introvert isn't making friends but he doesn't care. Watching... More

1: Lone Wolf to Wolf Pack
2: Close Call
3: Cheer Practice
4: Pop Quiz
5: Seth Help
6: Dungeon Raid
7: Little Big Secret
8: Young Friends
9: WW3
10: Sunday Battle
11: Rooftop. . . What Now?!?!
12: Next Day
13: Lunch Troubles
14: Friday Night Lights
15: Game-Time!
16: Homecoming Pt. 1
17: Homecoming Pt.2
18: Homecoming Ending
19: Group Date
21: Try-Out?
22: It's time
23: Some Help
24: Halloween
25: The Question
26: Party

20: Library Duty

34 3 0
By nightmare840

Cameron: Well that sucks, you didn't even win.

Seth: Turns out I didn't. But they say a tie but it's a lose still.

Tyler: I'm surprised to hear you put effort into something.

Seth: Honestly, same. Not sure what went over me.

Cameron: Well it's more surprising you did sports.

Seth: Yeah my parents were athletic so they put it in me.

Tyler: So you're actually pretty cool huh.

Seth: I don't know about that.

Cole: HEY GUYS!!!

Tyler: What's wrong Cole?

Cole: Can one of you cover for me for library duty?

Tyler: Why can't you do it?

Cole: My sister has something today so I have to leave right after.

Seth: I could do it. I got nothing.

Cole: Thank you!

Cameron: What does your sister do?

Cole: She has a piano recital.

Seth: Oh cool.

Cole: Yeah she makes me sit through it so I wanna be there.

Cameron: Don't worry about it, we'll take care of it.

***

Seth and Cameron sit in the library.

Seth: When did he do library stuff?

Cameron: Ever since he needed service hours.

Seth: Makes sense.

Tyler: Hey guys. Seems empty no?

Seth: I mean the bell rang like a couple minutes ago. Maybe people are just getting their stuff.

Cameron: Nah, people don't read anymore. This will be an easy quiet day for us he-

The door opens as a flood of people walk in. Some pulls board games out and play, some sit doing homework, and some pull books down and read.

Cameron: Looks like I jinxed that one.

Seth: No kidding.

???: It's normally like this after the end of the day.

The three boys turn around to see a girl sitting in a chair reading a book. She wore purple glasses and had dark black hair. It was a contrast to her pale skin. She wore their school uniform.

Seth: Um, who are you?

???: I'm Olivia Leroy. I have third and fifth period with you.

Seth: Oh, you do. Sorry.

Olivia: It's ok.

Seth: I'm Seth Walker.

Olivia: I know. I sit next to you in third period.

Seth: Oh. . . Sorry again.

Olivia: It's ok.

Cameron: *Whispering* So this is two quiet kids talking huh?

Tyler: Must be.

Seth: So why are you here?

Olivia: I have Library Duty as well. I believe Cole Reyes was assigned to do it today it, but he's not here.

Cameron: Yeah he had a family thing today we were here to fill in his place. We're his friends.

Tyler: Sorry if we don't know what to do though.

Olivia: It's ok. We don't do anything until the end anyways. We mostly just clean.

Cameron: Oh that's not bad.

Tyler: Maybe I should sign up. Easy service hours.

Seth: I wonder how many I have.

Cameron: At least you have a good excuse.

Seth: I'll probably just lie on them anyways. Not like I really do stuff.

Tyler: Shhh, Seth.

Seth: What?

Olivia: It's ok. I won't tell.

Tyler: Thank you. Idiot keep that to yourself.

Seth: Sorry.

The boys were on their phones as the girl was reading a book. After 15 minutes, Seth got bored and got up and walked around the library. He watched as kids play with friends and enjoyed their time. Seeing this, he smiled. Knowing that he had friends that, if he asked, would cut time out of their day to play a board game with him.

He walked to the door to the library.

Cameron: Forgot why we're here Huh.

Seth: Oh crap.

He sits back down and spins in the chair. He looks over to Olivia and sees her reading. He leans over and sees the words. Small words.

Seth: What book is that?

The girl looked up from her book. Her hair were covering her eyes, but he felt her stare. It was straight black hair, bangs over her eyes and the other side going down the the middle of her back.

Olivia: Doom.

Seth: Like the game?

Olivia: No.

Seth: What is it about?

Olivia: . . . A girl has to go through hell to save her sister who died by a Demon who dragged her down to the Underworld.

Seth: Does she save her?

Olivia: I didn't finish it yet.

Seth: Oh. So what's like, the stopping force?

Olivia: The problem is she's just a human so she had to find a way to get down to Hell and get a guide to show her the way. Right now a Demon made a deal with her to take ten years off her life to take her to her sister. However I believe It is a bad Demon and will try to kill her.

Seth: Why's that?

Olivia: The dialogue between the two are getting grimmer as they continue down the cave. The Demon is trying to get information about herself because it's hinted that humans taste better after having a relationship with the prey. She's oblivious to this because of her main goal even though she is smart. She has a good plan to get her sister out but getting there is the main problem. I also don't think the plan will go well however because there is still a good portion of the book left and here is another book.

Seth: . . . Interesting.

Olivia: Do, you read?

Seth: Not really. I like story games but books are too confusing to me. I like to see pictures with mine. That's why I like comics and manga.

Olivia: You read comics?

Seth: Yeah. Mostly only hero's I'm a fan of. Spider-Man, Deadpool, Bat-

Olivia: You like Deadpool!?

She leans forward in her seat.

Seth: Um, yeah.

She quickly looks away.

Olivia: I do too.

Seth: Oh sweet. My sister and I did a Spider-Man and Deadpool Halloween costume thing together. I was Spider-Man.

She closes her book and looks down, having her hair cover her face again. She looks around to make sure Cameron and Tyler weren't listening.

Olivia: So, um, do you, know what, c-cosplay is?

Seth: . . . I think so. Can you remind me?

Olivia: It's, kinda like, dressing up as a character from something.

Seth: Like on Halloween?

Olivia: Yes, but not on Halloween!!

Seth: Hmm, so why do you do it? Do you get something?

Olivia: Well, you can go certain places and you can get compliments from others and if you post them online you also can get a following. And, it's also just, fun to do.

Seth: That sounds cool.

Olivia: What??!! You think so?!?

Seth: Yeah why wouldn't I? It's cool to be someone you like for a while you know. I'd do it if I knew how to do things with clothing.

Olivia: I guess it helps knowing how to sew.

Seth: Do you know how to?

Olivia: Yes. I make all my outfits.

Seth: Wow that's impressive. Can I see some?

Her face lights up.

Olivia: Oh! Um, I, um, sure.

She looks through her phone and stops. Looking at a photo and blushing.

Olivia: Um, ok, I'll show you, but, just know I normally wouldn't wear this out ok.

He gives a thumbs up. Olivia turns the phone to she him a Zatanna Cosplay. She wears a white dress shirt with a black dress coat. Under the shirt was a black leotard with fishnet stockings over her thighs going to her feet. There was also black heels and a black top-hat. The outfit was a bit revealing and tight, hence why she was blushing.

Seth looks at the photo. For a while, making Olivia more uncomfortable.

Seth: That's Zatanna right?

She nods.

Seth: Haha, yeah I love her. She's awesome. So where are you.

Olivia: . . . Um, that is me.

Seth looks back that the photo.

Seth: . . . . . . WAIT WHAT!?!?

Olivia: Shhh!!

Seth: Holy shit that looks amazing!

His eyes light up taking the phone and looking at the picture more.

Seth: Wow, it looks just like her, I thought this was like concept art or something.

Olivia's face explodes at the compliment.

Olivia: You're, just, saying that because you're trying to be nice. You didn't even know who it was at first.

Seth: That's because I suck with names. This really is amazing, I'm surprised on how well it fits you.

Olivia: HUH!?! W-what are you trying to say?!?

Seth: Your hair is like exactly the same. I couldn't think of a better match. Not only that but everything is great, just like the comics. It's super cool.

He hand a the phone back, still giving a little smile. Turns out, he had a big crush on the character Zatanna before, however he forgot about that.

Thing is, even if he forgets that, he still subconsciously remembers feelings about her.

Olivia: T-Thank you.

Seth: That's awesome. Hey do you watch anime?

Olivia: Um, no.

Seth: Give some a try, I think you'd like it.

As he was talking, someone slammed a stack of papers on the desk everyone was at. Tyler and Cameron looked up.

Olivia: Um, c-can we help you?

???: Yeah this is what came out of the printer. It's all mixed up and now looks like shit.

Olivia: Um, was it, making a-

???: Hey your Seth right?

Seth looks up. He doesn't know this guy.

Seth: Yeah.

???: You're Patty's Boyfriend right?

Seth: Yeah.

Olivia: You, have a girlfriend?

???: Heh, what are you doing here?

Seth: Helping with library duty.

???: Heh, why stick with these losers.

Cameron: GAH!! Come on Tom, you don't have to be rude ya know.

Tyler sees Seth's face and whispers, "he's the QB of the Football time." Things make more sense to Seth now.

Seth: So you just need the printer to work?

Tom: Heh, yeah I have a paper due.

Seth: Alright let's go.

Olivia: I'll help too.

They walk around the desk and get to the printers. Seth held a paper towel.

Tom: What you gonna do, do a magic trick? Haha.

Seth: If you want it to be.

He take the paper towels and puts his hand in the printer. He finds the ink heads and wipes them off. They weren't hot anymore but the ink was swelling at the tip. Seth walks over to the computer and hits print.

Seth: Abracadabra.

The paper prints fine.

Tom: The hell. What did you do?

Seth: Sorry, a magician never reveals his secrets.

Olivia gives out a chuckle as Seth starts it walk away.

Tom: Tsk, what does Patty even see in a loser like you.

Olivia turned back, visibly mad at the comment. Then she looks back at Seth who seemed to not heard.

Seth however did hear. It isn't the first comment he's gotten about himself in his life. His confident that he'd had hundreds of people say the same thing to him but he just forgot. It doesn't bother him, but suddenly a memory pops in his mind.

***

Tom: Patty has looks, but she's a complete idiot. Red hair, big boobs, good body, but she's just too dumb.

***

Seth stopped walking. He remembered how mad he was at that comment. He clenched his fist.

His hair was over his eyes, but he turned, his right eye was visible to Tom. He opened his mouth.

Seth: At least I know how I use a printer.

It wasn't meant to be a comeback, seeing how simple the sentence was. It was more like a sign that he wasn't going to be pushed around, that he wasn't going to give up on his girlfriend, well that's what Tom took it as.

Seth Thinking: What an idiot, just had to wipe the ink off the heads and you'd be good to go. What does me being a loser have to do with anything?

He turns and walks again. Olivia follows as they sit down at the main desk.

Cameron: How'd it go?

Seth: Ok. Just had to wipe the ink heads. They swell up sometimes and just spit out ink on things.

Tyler: That's not what he meant.

Seth: Well everything is good so.

Cameron: Well if you say so.

They sit down. Seth leans back.

Olivia: Um, that was, pretty cool of you!

Seth: Huh?

Olivia: I mean, never mind.

Seth: Alright. Oh that's right, I wanted to give you this.

He goes through his bag and pulled out a book.

Seth: My sister got me this Manga when she came over. Perfect since I think you'll like it, seeing the book you're reading.

He pulls out Deathnote.

Seth: It's interesting, it's like a mystery, thriller type book.

Olivia: Are you sure?

Seth: Yeah. Just come to me if you want the next volume.

Olivia: Um, ok.

A teacher walks in the room.

Teacher: Alright everyone, start getting your things together. Time to go home.

Everyone in the library got up and started to leave. Olivia went to clean it up, so did the boys. Tyler and Cameron put the books away, randomly, as Seth put the games back in boxes. As he does, Olivia helps him.

Olivia: Um, Seth.

Seth: What's up.

Olivia: What, made you talk to me?

Seth: Boredom.

Olivia: Oh.

Seth: Not like I talk to people all the time. I was just wondering about your book that's all really.

Olivia: So do you like reading?

Seth: No. the cover looked cool so I asked what it was about. I don't do well with reading.

Olivia: Can I ask why?

Seth: Ah, it's a long story but there's no point in reading books with my condition.

Olivia: But you read comics no?

Seth: Heh, you got a point but I can read those in a day. Books takes me way longer.

Olivia: You're not wrong. When I started I couldn't finished fast either. If you'd like I can start you on easy reads.

Seth: Ehh I'm ok. Thanks though. Anyways why did you ask about that?

Olivia: Oh, it's just, people don't, talk to me a lot. I don't think I did something different so.

Seth: Oh, well, I just, I am also a quiet person you know. I didn't talk to people before, and if I stayed like how I was I'd be alone now, but those guys over there sat and talked to me and look at me now. A group of friends, a table to sit at, and now a girlfriend I never asked for. So, not that I like starting conversation and all, I just, I really don't know how to end this.

Olivia give a little giggle.

Olivia: No, I understand. You're just a nice person.

Seth: If you want, you can sit with us at lunch. That's if we have the same period anyways.

Olivia: I believe we do. Are you sure, do you have room?

Seth: Pff, I don't know. It doesn't matter, we'd make room.

He looked up. Both of their hair wiped out of their face. seeing her eyes for the first time.  To contrast with her dark hair, she has bright emerald eyes, same as Seth's.

Cameron: I'll take that for you guys.

He butts in and grabs the box. He tosses it in the stack of others.

Tyler: Looks like that was it.

Cameron: Well that wasn't that bad honestly. Let's head out.

Tyler: Alright. You ready Seth?

Seth: Ah, yeah let me get my bag.

He turns and reaches over the desk. As he grabs his bag he walks to his friends. Before leaving he turns and waves.

Seth: Well see ya tomorrow I guess.

Olivia: Um, yes, see you tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
3.8K 129 99
***** Emma Pear definitely wasn't the most popular girl in her high school she was far from it most people would call her a nerd she got good grades...
36.6K 1.4K 24
"So don't go worrying about me, it's not like I think about you constantly" Its 2008 and...
1.5K 40 20
Chase Denners, a 17 year old high school student, is a typical high-schooler. He has a muscular build, is tall, gets good grades, but the only thing...