Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 35: Reunited

2.7K 55 35
By Matt-From-Wii

3rd Person POV:

(Immediately after Mongul's capture)

Zatanna collapsed onto the roof of the Tower of Fate. After fighting off Wotan's attack with Nightwing, Superboy, Black Canary and Green Arrow, then immediately shifting to using the tower's magic to help defend the earth from the Warworld, she was exhausted.

She desperately wanted to call (Y/n) but needed to rest. She gave up trying to force herself up after several failed attempts at sitting up and rested her head on the cold stone roof of the tower. A split second later she passed out.

*Two Days Later*

???: "Zatanna?!"

???: "Zatanna, wake up!"

The magician shot up and gasped. She instantly felt hungry, sore and every part of her body was stiff. When her vision cleared she saw Black Canary and Green Arrow beside her. They were both holding her shoulders and back, ensuring that she couldn't fall back.

Black Canary: "Are you okay?"

Zatanna: "Yeah... yeah I'm alright. That level of magic, it takes everything out of you. I... I just need a minute to catch my breath."

Green Arrow: "You've been out for two days. Captain Atom and Nightwing sent us here to find you after you didn't check in."

Zatanna: "Two days?!"

Black Canary: "Come on, let's get you out of here. There's a lot to talk about."

The Emerald Archer and his Pretty Bird helped Zatanna up. They began walking down the steps of the Tower and towards the exit that appeared before them on the next floor. Zatanna decided that she couldn't wait anymore, she needed answers.

Zatanna: "Have any of you heard from (Y/n)?"

Zatanna struggled to look at Canary and Green Arrow's faces as they helped her down the stairs. Neither wanted to break the news to her that (Y/n) and his agents were missing along with the entire Team.

As the group exited the tower it suddenly vanished. Zatanna got the strength to stand on her own as the groggy state she had been in upon waking up was over, though her body still ached.

Zatanna: "Guys, what aren't you telling me?"

The Green Arrow and Black Canary shared a glance at each other before deciding to break the news the best they could.

Green Arrow: "(Y/n) found a way to the Warworld, how, we don't know. He managed to bring four of his agents with him and together they took down Mongul and handed him over to the Team."

Black Canary: "Apparently when they arrived in the hangar to dock with the bio-ship, Mongul opened up a boom tube and almost everyone fell in. Blue Beetle was the only one to escape."

Zatanna: "So where are they? Do we know?"

Green Arrow: "At the moment no, we don't. Captain Atom has the League guarding the Warworld's key chamber in shifts. We're on our way up there now. You should check in with Nightwing at the warehouse, he may have found something."

Black Canary: "Go get some rest Zatanna. We'll call you the second we find something."

*At the Warehouse*

Nightwing sat alone in the Warehouse looking over evidence he collected from the hangar.

Nightwing has now figured out that Blue Beetle is under the control of the Reach. Thanks to a press conference by the Reach Ambassador where he announced to the world that Blue Beetle saved Earth from the Warworld.

The public loved it. They lined up to meet Blue Beetle and the Reach Ambassador at the U.N and the Reach's popularity soared to an all time high.

On the Division's end it was pure chaos. With the sudden disappearance of (Y/n) and almost all of Noble squad being in critical condition it left Ortega scrambling to cover his bases. They knew slightly earlier than Nightwing of Blue Beetle's betrayal and that along with one other minor problem forced Ortega to go see Nightwing.

The leader of the Team shot up when he heard the door open. Nobody should've been able to override the electronic lock and no alarms were tripped.

Ortega: "Nightwing. I need your help."

Nightwing: "Ortega? What do you want? I'm kind of busy finding your boss and my Team."

Ortega: "Well it seems you already know that Blue Beetle's a traitor. So I'll get to my second problem."

Ortega pressed a button on his ISAC watch and the zeta tube activated. A body secured in a straight jacket and tied to a wooden chair appeared as the zeta tube shut off.

Nightwing: "Who is that?!"

*On the Warworld*

(Y/n) is out of rations and all forms of explosives. He's been hit several times by Reach weapons and is bleeding badly. He's currently hiding on a small observation platform that overlooks a large room while he wraps his legs in bandages in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Once he finished he stuffed the medical kit back into his backpack and slung it over his shoulder just as more Reach soldiers arrived on a platform above him and started shooting down at him.

(Y/n): "Could you fuck off for five minutes!"

In a fit of rage (Y/n) held his ground. He fired back up at the Reach soldiers, nailing the first directly in the face. Feeling enough satisfaction after witnessing the alien's blood splatter across his comrades he broke contact and ran into the hallway.

Deeper in the Warworld, Black Beetle and the Reach's head scientist are walking around the prison full of stasis chambers the Reach have commandeered to hold the Team.

Black Beetle: "Until the Ambassador allows a direct attack on the Justice League occupying the key chamber, the Warworld will never truly belong to the Reach."

The two continued to walk down the rows of chambers looking at the captured Team.

Black Beetle: "We have suffered a great setback with the loss of our fleet."

Scientist: "True, but we still have 24.8% of our fleet. The Earth hero Zatanna managed to shield the Earth so our fleet could shoot down Mongul's attack without suffering losses. Compared to the Earth heroes have lost so much more than us, we only have two loose ends."

Black Beetle: "They will soon be cut off. I will kill Vanguard for costing us the majority of our fleet. Without him his agents will be easy to deal with."

*The Warehouse*

Zatanna burst through the door to see Miss Martian and Nightwing talking.

Zatanna: "M'gann!"

Zatanna rushed to and hugged her friend who had been missing for about a month now.

After the short embrace, Zatanna turned her attention to Nightwing.

Zatanna: "Dick, where's (Y/n)?"

Before the detective could answer a voice answered 'We don't know' from behind her and Zatanna spun around in shock.

Zatanna: "What are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be out looking for (Y/n)!"

Ortega: "The Division doesn't have a space program so I can't get a search party onto the second moon where he went missing."

Zatanna recoiled back at Ortega's sarcastic response and apologized for lashing out at him.

Ortega: "Can you do it?"

M'gann: "I don't know, fixing a broken mind... It's difficult and dangerous. I could make it worse and hurt her."

Ortega: "Her mind was never broken. Just please, try to fix her."

Zatanna: "Fix who?! What's going on?"

Ortega walked over to a small chair that had a body strapped to it and Zatanna was wondering how she missed that when she first came in.

Zatanna: "Why do we have a dead body in here?!"

Ortega: "She's not dead. Not anymore."

The communications coordinator walked over and quickly ripped the hood off of the tied up girl. The Miss Martian, Nightwing and Zatanna were all terrified.

Strapped to the chair and bound in a straight jacket was Alani Kelso. The former agent began thrashing about violently for a brief moment before stopping and looking around.

Her eyes were bright green as opposed to the brown they had been when the group last saw her. Her skin was far more pale than it used to be and her hair was all dishevelled.

Ortega: "Right after the Justice League condemned (Y/n) for the battle in the Pacific, a perimeter breach was detected at the old Toy Store facility. When agents investigated, they found her along with a bag full of medical records. It appears as though the League of Shadows attempted to revive her under orders from Ra's al Ghul."

Nightwing: "That means they..."

Ortega: "They put her in something called a Lazarus Pit. Apparently it took several attempts to get her conscious and each time she spent over an hour in the pit."

Nightwing: "That would've completely fried her brain! Ra's barely goes in the pit and when he does it's for a few seconds at most!"

Ortega: "Which is why we need her to bring back Kelso."

Ortega pointed to M'gann who after fixing Kaldur's brain was confident she could bring back at least a part of Kelso.

M'gann: "I'll do it. I'll bring her back."

Ortega: "Thank you."

M'gann grabbed either side of Kelso's head and entered her mind. Kelso immediately stopped thrashing and closed her eyes.

Zatanna's gaze was fixed on Kelso. She was horrified at what she was looking at. 'Was this what (Y/n) was like when he was brought back to life?' 'Was his body thrown into the Lazarus Pit as an experiment?'

She couldn't get the questions out of her head but continued to pray for the best possible outcome. She knew (Y/n) must've been hurting after the League disowned him and the order for him to surrender himself to the U.N. He must've felt so alone and abandoned. If she could help bring Kelso back to him, maybe he could forgive her. Maybe everything would be alright and back to normal. Whatever normal was.

*On the Warworld*

Arsenal was having a little more luck than (Y/n). His high tech arm allowed him to grapple up to higher levels and evade the Reach soldiers chasing him while (Y/n) was left with nothing more than a rifle and a half used medical kit.

Arsenal was following several of the teenagers that the Team rescued from the Reach back before the Reach announced their presence to the world. Unbeknownst to Arsenal, the teenagers were leading him directly to the Team and Black Beetle.

(Y/n) was nearing the end of the line. He never pictured it ending like this. Well who would think that they would die being chased down like some wild animal. (Y/n) had a feeling that he wouldn't be returning from the Warworld, a feeling that now turned into a fact.

Despite him knowing that he was going to die here, the agent elected to kill as many Reach soldiers as he possibly could. In that effort he had been incredibly successful. Every single defendable position he came across he held for as long as possible. With his intense marksmanship training to fall back on (Y/n) could kill a Reach soldier with one or two well placed shots, and all of his shots were well placed.

After briefly engaging with the Reach patrol hot on his heels he started running down a random hallway, checking his ammunition status, it was low, dangerously low.

ISAC: "Friendly signal detected nearby, unable to establish communication. Battery at 12% activating reserve power and restricting function to basic needs only."

(Y/n) figured that the friendly signal must be Arsenal. The agent cursed under his breath and called the hero a coward. 'Blowing that damned airlock guaranteed the Teams capture and could've killed some of them. Not to mention it destroyed any chance of an organized resistance against Blue Beetle.'

(Y/n) loaded his weapon as blood started seeping through his bandages. His legs, arms and chest had taken multiple hits either directly or indirectly and had been bandaged accordingly. His running was more like a fast limping, but his constant engagement with the Reach soldiers forced them to advance carefully so for now he was moving faster than the aliens hunting him. But he was running out of time and he knew it.

*The Warehouse: 5 hours later*

The suspense was killing Zatanna. Both M'gann and Kelso hadn't moved since M'gann started, it's been hours and Zatanna hated feeling helpless.

Suddenly Kelso's eyes shot open and everyone in the room gasped. Kelso's eyes were back to her original dark brown and no hint of green remained. Her skin tone was also back to what it had previously been. She started surveying the room.

Ortega: "Kelso.... Are you..."

Kelso: "Yeah, yeah I'm alright. I'm good."

Nightwing: "What do you remember?"

Kelso: "I told (Y/n), I'm sorry. Then it all went black, until I woke up in a strange room in a pool of green liquid. I had no control over my body and it was like I was watching a terrible movie. I was violent, insane, I killed some of the doctors and tried to escape. That's why they had me in a straight jacket."

Ortega: "Yeah, we figured that out fast."

Kelso: "I... I didn't kill any agents, did I?"

Ortega: "No, only minor injuries on a few."

Kelso: "Would you tell me if I did?"

Ortega undid the straight jacket and M'gann helped Kelso out of it. Kelso stood up and looked at Ortega who was walking towards the door.

Ortega: "No."

Nightwing, Zatanna and Miss Martian shared a confused glance as Ortega opened the door.

Ortega: "I have your gear in my car, do me a favour and lay low until I figure out a way to explain your sudden reappearance."

Kelso: "Sure. I'll tag along with these guys to the Warworld and find Vanguard."

Miss Martian: "How do you-"

Kelso: "When you fixed my mind it was a two way link. I got a refresher on current events from your perspective."

Miss Martian: "Oh... so you..."

Kelso: "Know all about your boy problems. Yeah I do. A bit of advice, just tell him how you feel."

Zatanna and Nightwing lightly laughed as Ortega left and Miss Martian blushed. Zatanna let an amused giggle slip out which drew Kelso's attention.

Kelso: "So Zatanna, you and (Y/n) get engaged yet?"

The magician's cheeks flushed bright red. Nightwing burst out laughing and Miss Martian joined in.

Zatanna tried to stutter out a rebuttal but Kelso just found her flustered state amusing.

Kelso: "So am I going to use my dying wish on you two tying the knot?"

Kelso was the only one laughing at her joke.

Ortega dropped a large bag that contained all of Kelso's gear and let out an unamused chuckle.

Ortega: "You just got back and are already cracking jokes about dying... and I thought one (Y/n) was enough."

Kelso: "Hey, it helps us deal with the crippling depression of the situation and lets us bury our true feelings."

Again, Kelso was the only one to laugh at her own sarcastic statement, though everyone could tell there was more than a hint of truth behind it.

Ortega: "Just try to take it easy. I have to get back to work, I'll try and find a way to break this to Kandel that won't devastate her."

Kelso: "Oh... ok. Manny... thanks a lot."

Ortega: "Hey, I look after my agents. It's the least I can do."

Nightwing: "Alright, let's go find our people."

*Small Time Skip*

On the Warworld (Y/n) was at the end of his rope. He's been hit once more in the back and the empty backpack did almost nothing to shield him from the laser.

The impact sent him flying into a wall and he dropped his rifle.

ISAC: "Armour integrity compromised."

(Y/n): "No shit."

(Y/n) rolled over and pulled out his handgun. He shot the closest Reach soldier and grabbed his rifle off the ground. Pushing through the pain he broke into a sprint towards the friendly signal ISAC identified hours ago.

(Y/n) was determined to find Arsenal and either help him or put a bullet through his skull. He would decide which later.

The small team of Nightwing, Miss Martian, Zatanna and agent Kelso, were flying around the surface of the Warworld in the bio-ship. Miss Martian was trying to locate anyone with her psychic powers. She didn't have any luck finding anyone.

Miss Martian: "It's no use. They're out of my range. The Warworld is so massive they could be anywhere on it."

Kelso: "Let's try something else. You don't need to overwork yourself right after your kidnapping."

Zatanna: "You died."

Kelso: "It's a requirement to be a good agent."

Zatanna: "That's not funny."

Kelso simply smiled and relaxed back into her chair. She had never been to space, like most other normal people. Even with the patrolling Reach starships and the Warworld the view was still beautiful.

After a short flight they arrived at the hangar where the Team was abducted. Nightwing began scanning every inch of the hangar again while Zatanna and Miss Martian just looked around. Kelso was standing in the middle of the room, fiddling with her watch.

Zatanna: "I thought you would've already scanned every inch of this place?"

Nightwing: "Well yeah I did, but I obviously missed something. Since I'm obviously capable of missing obvious clues. I totally should've spotted evidence of Blue Beetle's defection after Green Beetle 'fixed' his scarab."

Miss Martian and Zatanna walked over to Nightwing as he focused on the holographic display coming from his glove.

Miss Martian: "That's my fault. You asked me to scan Green's mind, and I vouched for him without delving deep. I was so afraid to use my powers after what I did to Aqualad. I allowed Green Beetle and his scarab to feed me exactly what the Reach wanted us to believe. So Blue trusted Green and was turned by him, then somehow abducted the Team and (Y/n). It's all on me."

Nightwing: "Except you never would have been in that position if I had trusted you with the secret of Aqualad's deep cover mission. I put you, Aqualad, Artemis, (Y/n), the whole Team, in unacceptable danger."

Kelso: "Alright, we get it. You both fucked up."

Kelso cursed again and slapped her watch. Everyone turned to watch her as she continued to mess around with it.

Nightwing: "What are you doing?"

Kelso: "Trying to activate something, I've never really used it before and I don't remember how to.... Got it!"

ISAC: "Echo detected."

Miss Martian: "What's an echo?"

Kelso: "It allows ISAC to draw information from surrounding sources and project a 3D holographic image for us to study. Most times it can even recall audio from the event and with the advanced Warworld's sensors, we should get a really clear one."

Kelso placed her ISAC node in the center of the room and stepped back. The small shoulder piece then projected out an orange 3D image of (Y/n) and his agents huddled behind some nearby equipment. Also in the image we're the bodies of the Team laying on the floor, Blue Beetle flying above them attacking the agents and Arsenal running to the airlock.

When Kelso pressed the right button on her watch the audio played.

(Y/n): "Open fire! Shoot to kill or he'll tear us apart!"

Arsenal: "I will not be podded again!"

The 3D image faded away and Kelso's watch picked up a faint signal.

ISAC: "Weak friendly signal detected, proximity coverage only."

Kelso: "Can you track the signal?"

ISAC: "Affirmative."

Kelso: "We have a lead."

Back with (Y/n) who is limping and steadily bleeding as he stumbles closer and closer to Arsenal's position. The blood is seeping through all of his bandages. Sweat is dripping down his face and his vision is starting to occasionally blur. The pain he's feeling increased massively as the adrenaline slowly wore off. Still he continued in the direction ISAC told him the signal was coming from.

Now he could hear some fighting in the distance, but there was way too much fighting for it to just be Arsenal attacking the Reach.

As he drew closer to the fighting he wondered what was going on.

*Back on Earth*

The Reach Ambassador is currently sitting in a dressing room talking with the head scientist via a communication device that displays a holographic image of the scientist.

The Ambassador is about to go on the G. Gordon Godfrey show and is dealing with the situation on the Warworld before his appearance on stage.

Scientist: "The meat hero designated Arsenal has so far eluded Black Beetles soldiers. The Division agent Vanguard is heavily wounded and our soldiers are closing in, however, whenever they attempt to engage the agent they suffer heavy losses. Of greater interest is the sudden reappearance of four of our former test subjects inside the Warworld. They are attacking our patrols."

Ambassador: "Tell Black to terminate both Arsenal and Vanguard and if possible capture the four test subjects. If they resist, eliminate them."

Soon the Ambassador made his appearance on national television where G. Gordon promptly thanked the Reach and the Reach 'refugee' ships that helped save the Earth.

Godfrey: "Yes Ambassador, without the Reach refugee ship I don't believe that Blue Beetle would've been able to save the world."

Ambassador: "He truly is a magnificent and selfless hero."

Godfrey: "Maybe some certain heroes could take a lesson from the Reach and Blue Beetle."

Ambassador: "We are always open to working and cooperating with the Justice League, though it seems they are far more interested in attacking us than anything else."

*On the Warworld*

Nightwing, Miss Martian, Zatanna and Kelso were interrupted by Sphere before they could follow the signal ISAC identified.

Now the small group loaded up on the Sphere after she converted into the super cycle and flew through the large halls, drawing closer and closer to the faint signal.

(Y/n) arrived at a large door with Reach soldiers hot on his tail. He opened the large door and ran through to the control panel on the other side.

He quickly shut it and let out a temporary sigh of relief. His relief was instantly swept away when he turned around and saw Black Beetle standing over the four teenagers he rescued from the Reach and met again at S.T.A.R labs.

Arsenal was across the large prison room which used stasis chambers for cells. (Y/n) noticed the entire Team and Mongul spread out in various cells.

Black Beetle: "Vanguard!"

(Y/n) didn't even bother responding. He knew he was no match for the Reach warrior in his current state. Black Beetle and Arsenal knew this too, with the hero wondering how he is going to keep the critically injured agent alive and rescue the unconscious teenagers.  The Reach warrior laughed about how easy the rest of this fight is going to be.

The fight began when (Y/n) shot at Black Beetle. He wasn't trying to hit any specific part of the warrior, he knew his rifle wouldn't even scratch Black's armor. It was more of a defiant last stand, a symbolic defense. He preferred to go down fighting, even if he had no chance of winning.

Black Beetle lunged at (Y/n) and backhand slapped the agent in the ribs. The force sent (Y/n) flying through the air and skidding to a stop along the metal floor. Fortunately the large backpack, or what was left of the shredded bag broke his fall and he wasn't hurt much more than he already was.

Arsenal attacked while Black had his back turned to him. He used the Reach staff weapon to shoot lasers at the warrior and tried his best to keep Black Beetle off balance.

Arsenal needed a few seconds without Black Beetle attacking him to free Mongul. He hoped that Mongul would fight Black and allow him to free the Team and make their escape.

(Y/n) pushed himself to his feet, his vision was insanely blurry now. In his dazed state he couldn't find his rifle so resorted to his handgun. (Y/n) squinted and took aim at the blurry black object that was Black Beetle and fired three shots before limping away into the maze of stasis chambers.

Black Beetle: "Come on Vanguard! Let's get this over with! You can't hide while bleeding out!"

(Y/n) kept limping for what felt like hundreds of meters but in actuality it was only twenty. His body gave out on him and he collapsed onto the metal floor. He desperately wanted to say goodbye to Zatanna, to apologize for not spending more time with her. He would give anything just to see her smile once more.

If only he had a picture of her to look at, he could see her one last time.

As (Y/n) rested his head on the floor and slowly closed his eyes he could hear the thumping of Black Beetle's steps grow closer and closer.

On the super cycle, Nightwing, Miss Martian, Zatanna and Kelso were approaching the source of the signal. Kelso used her watch and listened to the audio for several other echos on the way to the signal, she knew (Y/n) was in bad shape but didn't say anything. She didn't want to worry the others more than they already were but any chance of keeping them calm went out the window when they arrived at a massive metal door guarded by at least three squads of Reach soldiers, numbering around 30.

Zatanna: "We don't have time for this!"

ISAC: "Agent detected, vital signs critical."

Zatanna: "(Y-Y/n)..."

Kelso: "Deal with these guys I'll get (Y/n)!"

The group hopped out of the super cycle and Kelso charged into battle before anyone could stop her. She dropped four seeker mines and let them clear a path right through the Reach soldiers.

Zatanna: "Snopaew ylf yawa!"

All at once the staff weapons the Reach soldiers relied upon flew out of their hands and levitated in the air out of reach. Nightwing, Zatanna and Miss Martian immediately took to knocking out the soldiers while Kelso simply ran through their lines as if they weren't there.

Kelso: "ISAC open this door!"

The door opened and the three heroes knocking out Reach soldiers watched as the formed agent sprinted into the room without even thinking.

Nightwing: "Does she know something she's not sharing with us?!"

Zatanna: "Who knows! Ezeerf!"

The remaining two Reach soldiers stopped dead in their tracks and Nightwing easily knocked them out. Then the group sprinted into the room after Kelso.

It didn't take long for Kelso to find (Y/n). Black Beetle had blasted some of the stasis chambers away so everyone had a clear view of Black Beetle and (Y/n) the second they entered the makeshift prison.

Black Beetle was holding (Y/n) up in the air, gripping the defeated agent by the neck. (Y/n)'s body was limp and he didn't struggle. Black Beetle was basking in the glory of his victory over the lead agent and as a final act of defiance (Y/n) spit in Black's face. The spit was more blood than saliva but pissed Black off nonetheless.

Black Beetle: "I'm going to make you suffer for that."

A smug smile formed on (Y/n)'s face, knowing that he pissed Black Beetle off in his last moments almost made it worth dying.

(Y/n) closed his eyes and waited for the pain to start. To his surprise, it never did. Suddenly Black was rocked by an explosion and fell to the ground, bringing (Y/n) down with him.

Black Beetle jumped up and left (Y/n) on the ground. As the agent laid on his back, barely conscious, the only thing he could do was listen to Black Beetle get hit over and over again by what sounded like seeker mines. He was a little confused to say the least.

Black Beetle staggered as repeated explosions rang out.

Mongul: "Reach!"

Mongul lunged at and tackled Black Beetle away from (Y/n). The agent sat up and groggily stared at the two aliens fighting with a dumb smirk across his face. He had no idea how Mongul escaped but figured Arsenal had something to do with it.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, as he turned to look up at the figure looking down at him his vision slowly cleared.

Kelso: "Hey, kid. Miss me?"

(Y/n): "K-Kelso..."

(Y/n) tried to fumble out words, he was completely shocked and speechless.

Kelso: "It's a rather long story so I'll explain on the way back. Now, where's your magical girl, I'll get her to carry your ass out while I cover the retreat."

(Y/n) tried to stand up but was far too weak to manage.

Kelso: "Hold on. This adrenaline boost will help you walk but it won't last long."

Kelso injected the drug specially designed to numb pain while not impacting the recipients cognitive abilities. The effects kicked in immediately and (Y/n) was able to stand.

Kelso smiled and briefly hugged the agent she raised. She thought of him as the younger brother she never had and hated the fact that they never got to say a proper goodbye.

(Y/n) broke into a slow jog towards the door and Kelso soon followed while speaking into her watch, talking to the others.

Kelso: "I have Vanguard, moving to your location."

Nightwing: "Copy that, we have everyone else loaded up."

(Y/n) and Kelso emerged from the row of stasis chambers and ran to the large door where the Team was in the midst of boarding the super-cycle.

(Y/n) stumbled up to the back of the group, Wonder Girl quickly caught him with her free arm as her other was holding up Robin.

(Y/n): "Thanks."

Kelso took a defensive position and started firing at Reach reinforcements that arrived from the other end of the prison.

Kelso: "Mount up, it's time to go!"

Zatanna pulled (Y/n) up and into the super-cycle. The second he was in, Zatanna quickly pressed her lips against his. The kiss wasn't nearly as long or as passionate as both wanted it to be but they were pressed for time and needed to escape.

Zatanna: "Can you not almost die for one week?"

(Y/n) let out an amused chuckle as Kelso hopped into the super-cycle and Nightwing drove it away.

(Y/n): "We feel most alive when we are closest to death."

Zatanna: "Nenia Campbell?"

(Y/n): "Maxwell used to make me read all sorts of books. That's one of the quotes that stuck with me."

During the short time it took Sphere to fly to the hangar Zatanna helped (Y/n) change his bandages that needed changing, which were all of them.

(Y/n) was struggling to stay awake. He felt like he hadn't slept in forever and Zatanna's embrace was warm and comforting.

Before he could drift to sleep in Zatanna's arms the super-cycle came to an abrupt stop in the hangar.

Miss Martian: "All aboard. We're almost home free."

The Team loaded up in the bio-ship with (Y/n) waiting on the ramp with Kelso, Nightwing, Bumblebee, Arsenal and the teenagers from S.T.A.R. He convinced Zatanna to head inside, though she only agreed to do so after Kelso promised to help (Y/n) into the ship.

Nightwing: "I think congratulations are in order. No training, no guidance and yet you pulled it off. When we get back, after a debrief, there might be a place for all of you with the Team."

Virgil: "Wow, really?!"

Ty: "So now that we saved your asses you're cool with us not being S.T.A.R labs guinea pigs."

Virgil: "Dude, chill!"

Arsenal: "Before we head back, we need to talk about Blue Beetle. He betrayed us."

Bumblebee: "Look who's talking! You blew an airlock!"

Arsenal: "Hey my escape guaranteed your escape so you could stand here and complain! So how about a 'thank you'!"

(Y/n) was full of Arsenal's shit. He drew his handgun and grabbed Arsenal by the collar of what was left of his uniform. The enraged agent pushed through all the pain he was feeling and smashed Arsenal's back against the bio-ship before pressing the gun up against Arsenal's chin.

(Y/n): "If you ever do something as selfish and reckless as blowing a fucking airlock without warning, gaurenteeing the capture of your teammates, almost killing most of them and MY agents ever again. I won't even bother ordering them to turn their guns on you. I'll do it myself."

(Y/n) threw Arsenal to the ground and started walking further into the bio-ship. The second Arsenal hit the ground he activated his laser arm cannon and pointed it at (Y/n)'s back.

Arsenal: "After 8 years there is no way I'm ever going back in a pod! EVER!"

(Y/n): "ISAC, L-37."

Arsenal's arm short circuited and lost all power in an instant. The agent turned around and glared at Arsenal, the glare caused everyone to freeze with fear.

(Y/n): "You can't be trusted if you're letting your demons control you. You crushed any chance of a resistance against Blue because of your personal demons. Find a way to deal with them, or get off the Team."

(Y/n) continued his walk up into the ship, he passed Kelso who had an amused smile across her face. She quickly followed him in and grabbed his arm, placing it around her neck.

Kelso: "I've got to keep my promise, even after that little performance back there, Zatanna still scares me more than you do."

(Y/n): "Sure. You just can't admit I've grown into the director role better than you did."

Kelso: "Maybe, maybe. You certainly have the heart for the job."

(Y/n): "Most of Noble squad is in critical condition thanks to Arsenal."

Kelso: "Were you considering shooting him?"

(Y/n): "No, I would never.... Besides, the gun's empty."

Kelso laughed for a few seconds which drew everyone's attention. (Y/n) simply chuckled and made his way to Zatanna. The magician stood up and forced him into the chair despite his brief protest.

Zatanna: "You, oh you are not doing any field work for a month."

(Y/n): "I had the situation well under control, I'm a professional. Besides, you're not Kandel."

Zatanna: "You are almost dead, yet again. And I think Kandel would side with me on this."

(Y/n)'s smug expression quickly softened when he noticed the blank stare on Kelso's face. Zatanna quickly caught on as well. The two were speechless, they didn't know what to say.

(Y/n): "Kelso... I-"

Kelso held up her hand to stop (Y/n). The small group now had a full audience as everyone's attention was once again fixed on them.

Kelso: "It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm glad she's treating you two like you're her children because someone has to keep you in check.... And it's exactly what I would do. She and I were... close."

Zatanna: "She told us. We'll get you back to her."

(Y/n): "It's our turn to look after you two."

Kelso: "Oh please. I'll still be pulling your ass out of danger so don't let this one time go to your head."

(Y/n): "I would never."

Kelso and (Y/n) both smiled as Zatanna returned her gaze to her agent and studied his injuries once again.

*Small Time Skip*

The Team, (Y/n), Kelso and Zatanna arrived back in the Warehouse. (Y/n) slept most of the way back and finally stood up only to have his arm forcefully thrown around Zatanna's shoulder by the magician herself.

(Y/n): "You know, I can stand on my own."

Zatanna: "Oh, are you a professional at that as well?"

(Y/n): "As a matter of fact, I am."

The two started lightly giggling as the elevator brought the entire group to the main Warehouse area. The group dispersed, those that required medical attention were helped to the various beds by others who weren't as injured.

Nightwing went to the holographic monitor in the corner of the room and Impulse raced to his side.

Impulse: "Look! I know this missing Warworld key is important but we need to focus on-"

Nightwing cut the speedster off by turning on the holographic screen, the news broadcast from GBS popped up with Cat Grant in the middle of the morning's news.

Cat Grant: "Blue Beetle, the so-called Reach hero has dominated this news cycle, with U.N Secretary General Tseng announcing his plan to present Beetle with the International Medal of Valor for saving Earth from the Warworld. Additionally, Secretary General Tseng is offering a formal apology to the Reach on behalf of all nations for the unfortunate misunderstanding that resulted in the attack on the Reach refugee fleet."

Nightwing muted the broadcast and turned to face the small crowd huddled behind him.

Robin: "That's a load of good press for a traitor."

Impulse: "Hey, don't blame Blue. He's as much a captive of the Reach as we were. We have to set him free. You know, before he conquers the Earth and enslaves all mankind."

The room was silent for a moment as Nightwing looked towards Zatanna, the magician quickly shook her head with only Kelso and Nightwing noticing.

(Y/n): "No we don't have to set him free, we need to eliminate the threat. That doesn't necessarily mean setting him free."

Impulse: "We can't kill him!"

(Y/n): "We may not have a choice. If what you're saying is true, and Blue is responsible or will be responsible for the defeat of the Justice League and enslavement of the Earth... then that fact alone forces our hand. It's one man or the entire planet."

Impulse: "There has to be another way!"

Nightwing: "There is."

Zatanna's grip on (Y/n)'s arm tightened for a brief moment. This was enough for (Y/n) to know something is wrong.

Zatanna: "N-no, I'm not ready. I-I'm not strong enough to do it."

(Y/n): "Do what?"

Nightwing: "The ruins you and Batgirl discovered in Bialya, they show of a way to cleanse Blue's scarab of Reach influence through ancient magic. Zatanna is the only one who can do it, Fate has translated the hieroglyphics, we just need Zatanna."

Zatanna: "I-I need more time."

Impulse: "Well how much! Nightwing gave this to you months ago! We need to save blue or else we're all going to die!"

(Y/n): "If she said she isn't ready then she isn't ready! This type of magic isn't something you can force!"

Kelso: "Okay, okay. Everyone calm down. Let Zatanna take as much time as she needs. In the meantime the rest of us will rest up and make sure we're good to go when she is ready. Even if she was good to go right now, you guys are in no shape to be fighting anyone. Rest up and we'll deal with Blue soon enough."

Everyone calmed down and went their separate ways. (Y/n) and Zatanna stopped before entering the zeta tube and turned to Kelso.

(Y/n): "You know you're a far better leader than me."

Kelso: "Hey don't beat yourself up. You were defending a loved one, that's all that matters. You're a great leader, now go home and both of you get some rest. I've got to apologize to a very angry doctor so I'll see you later."

Zatanna: "Goodbye Kelso. Thanks for everything."

Kelso: "Don't mention it. I'll see you two later."

Kelso walked into the zeta tube and teleported away. Once the zeta tube was ready, Zatanna and (Y/n) teleported to Gotham city and made the short journey to their apartment.

(Y/n) convinced Zatanna that he was strong enough to walk the short distance home, Zatanna only agreed to it if (Y/n) would hold her hand the entire way and lean on her whenever he felt wobbly. (Y/n) was happy to accept and even occasionally faked a stumble so Zatanna would pull him close to her.

They arrived at the door and as (Y/n) unlocked the door, Zatanna started to grow impatient. Zatanna shoved (Y/n) into the apartment and closed the door behind them.

(Y/n): "Zee, is everything-Mhmm!"

Zatanna smashed her lips against (Y/n)'s. The sudden attack caught (Y/n) off guard, he stumbled back and collided into the wall, almost knocking a mirror off. The two continued into the living room, crashing into walls as they went. Zatanna finally pried her lips off (Y/n)'s. She moved her head back an inch, their noses still touching as they caught their breath.

Zatanna: "Mhmm... You need to rest, ice up your sore muscles. I can feel the tension in them."

(Y/n): "Yeah umm, totally because of my injuries."

Zatanna giggled and passionately kissed her agent, making him moan out as she grabbed his head and back while pressing herself into him.

Zatanna: "Lay down, I'll get the ice."

(Y/n) begrudgingly agreed. He laid down and turned the television on. Zatanna soon returned with medical tape and several ice packs.

The two taped the ice packs to (Y/n)'s sore spots, which were all on his left side. Zatanna snuggled in between his right side and the couch.

Zatanna: "We need to do this more."

(Y/n): "Yeah, maybe without the extensive injuries on my end next time."

Zatanna perked up, running her hand under (Y/n)'s T-shirt.

Zatanna: "Speaking of which, your wounds..."

(Y/n): "What about them?"

Zatanna: "They're almost healed... well not completely but, you've stopped bleeding and the swelling's already going down... and you seem to be in significantly less pain."

(Y/n): "Well doc, what can I say... your presence is magical."

Zatanna: "I'm serious. This is bordering on unnatural."

(Y/n): "It's ok Zee. The body armor we wear is highly advanced, it took the brunt of the beating."

Zatanna didn't respond. Something was nagging at her to press the subject but she didn't want to ruin the moment. She submitted to her desire for a peaceful night and snuggled back into (Y/n)'s chest.

(Y/n): "I love that you worry, it's so sweet."

Zatanna: "I like it when you worry too, but it's nice to not have too."

(Y/n): "Once this invasion is over, we're taking a nice and long vacation."

Zatanna: "I couldn't agree more."

At a U.S federal prison, Natalya Sokolova is being led into a room for a meeting with what she thought was her lawyer.

When she entered the room the door was locked behind her and a single piece of paper and a cell phone lay on the table before her.

She cautiously made her way to the table and took a seat before turning over the paper to find a phone number.

Natalya dialed the number and it was instantly answered. A cryptic voice she knew all too well spoke to her. The Clairvoyant.

"All goes well, the sudden reappearance of Alani Kelso hasn't interrupted our plans. She doesn't possess the knowledge we seek but we will soon have it. When the time is right we will strike, everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

*Small Time Skip*

🍋Lemon🍋

Zatanna and (Y/n) climbed into bed after showering and lightly wrapping (Y/n)'s injuries.

(Y/n) pulled the covers up and turned off the lamp that sat atop his nightstand. The split second he leaned back, Zatanna was on top of him. She let out a playful giggle as she pinned him down, her black hair dangling down around (Y/n)'s face.

(Y/n) freed his one arm from Zatanna's grip and quickly brought it to the back of her head before she could react. He pulled Zatanna down and crashed his lips against hers.

Zatanna caved in instantly and released (Y/n)'s other arm. She brought her hand to his head and gently held it in place as they deepened the kiss.

(Y/n) wrapped his arms around Zatanna and held her in place, the magician moaned in approval.

After a short while, Zatanna broke the kiss and sat up and pushed herself up until she was straddling (Y/n)'s chest. A mischievous smile formed across Zatanna's face as she decided what she wanted.

With one swift motion, Zatanna took off her t-shirt that was several sizes too big, leaving her in a black bra and underwear.

(Y/n) tried to sit up but Zatanna pushed his chest back down.

Zatanna: "Don't bother. Evomer sih trihs."

(Y/n)'s shirt split into hundreds of small strands and flew off to the corner of the room where they reassembled back into his shirt and fell to the floor.

(Y/n): "Cool party trick."

Zatanna: "You haven't seen anything yet. Now stay still and relax."

(Y/n): "Zee, I can-"

Zatanna placed her finger on (Y/n)'s lips and silenced his protest. She repositioned herself back down on (Y/n) and seductively whispered into his ear, she got the reaction she was hoping for.

Zatanna: "Shh, you're mine."

Zatanna took full control of the night. She thrusted her crotch against (Y/n)'s own and started grinding against him while generously exploring his body with her hands. Zatanna leaned in and gently bit (Y/n)'s neck. (Y/n) reached around and swiftly undid Zatanna's bra, in response she brought her lips up against his.

Zatanna tossed her bra carelessly in a random direction before pushing her chest against (Y/n)'s and proceeding to suck and biting at different spots on his neck

After a short while Zatanna decided to take what she wanted. She wasted no time throwing off the blanket and moving down to (Y/n)'s shorts where his member was already pitching a tent.

Zatanna removed (Y/n)'s shorts with a quick spell and took his fully erect cock into her mouth.

She didn't waste any time, quickly taking his full length in and causing her lover to shakily moan out her name.

(Y/n)'s hand found its way to the back of Zatanna's head and he took control of the pace, forcefully thrusting up into Zatanna's mouth despite her orders to do nothing.

Zatanna's brief protest came in the form of a shocked moan, a moan that quickly changed and signaled how much she was enjoying being used by her lover. Zatanna continued to suck and moan against the hard shaft thrusting in and out of her mouth while coating it in saliva and precum.

They soon changed positions with (Y/n) pulling her head off his now throbbing member and Zatanna whining for more. (Y/n) climbed out of bed and gently pulled Zatanna with him. (Y/n) brought Zatanna close to him, he backed her up until her back was pressed against the wall. (Y/n) gripped her neck with one hand causing the magician to let out a startled gasp.

(Y/n): "Arms up above your head, and keep them there."

(Y/n) spoke in a low voice, almost like a growl and it sent shivers down Zatanna as she obeyed.

As (Y/n) held Zatanna in place he brought his lips to Zatanna's neck and started sucking on her weak spot. He knew her body like the back of his hand and tonight he would exploit that.

(Y/n)'s grip on Zatanna's neck tightened as he sucked. His other hand snaked down into her panties. Zatanna shuddered in between moans, anticipating what was to come. (Y/n)'s fingers gently traced over Zatanna's soaking wet folds. A pleading whimper escaped her lips followed closely by a gasp as (Y/n) inserted two fingers into her pussy.

(Y/n) fingered Zatanna as he sucked on her neck, leaving a mark so everyone would know that she belonged to him. Zatanna couldn't take it anymore and it wasn't long before she gave in. As she released all over (Y/n)'s fingers a loud moan escaped her mouth. (Y/n) silenced her by moving his hand off her neck and clamping it down on Zatanna's mouth.

As Zatanna rode out the high of her orgasm she moaned steadily into the hand, which (Y/n) tore away and replaced with his two cum soaked fingers.

(Y/n): "It only took me two fingers, we'll have to see how much you can take."

Zatanna shivered before she started sucking and licking (Y/n)'s fingers while keeping eye contact with her lover.

(Y/n): "On your knees."

Zatanna was eager to obey, her legs were on the verge of giving out from the explosive orgasm she experienced moments ago. Zatanna opened her mouth and accepted (Y/n)'s throbbing cock into her mouth once again. Zatanna kept her hands behind her back as she focused on (Y/n)'s most sensitive half. She steadily began taking more and more until she could feel the cock begging to throb in her mouth.

(Y/n) pulled back before Zatanna could make him release, much to the magician's displeasure, she wanted him to feel as good as she did.

Zatanna: "(Y/n), please let me-"

(Y/n) pulled Zatanna up and carried her to the bed, cutting her off mid sentence. Zatanna's patience wore thin as (Y/n) teased her entrance with his cock.

(Y/n): "Beg for it."

Zatanna: "Please just do it already. Fuck me, please..."

(Y/n): "You can do better than that."

Zatanna moaned before caving in and giving her man exactly what he wanted. Once she started speaking she realized how much she wanted it as well.

Zatanna: "Fuck me please, I need this, I need you. Fuck me into submission, I'll be a good girl I swear, just fuck me senseless."

Zatanna got her wish. (Y/n) started fucking her relentlessly. Zatanna couldn't contain her moans and brought her hand to her breast, gently pinching her nipples as she grew closer and closer to her climax.

(Y/n) wasn't far behind Zatanna who reached her climax first. Zatanna started panting in between moans as her legs wrapped around (Y/n)'s body, keeping him in her.

Zatanna: "Mhmmm... Ah... Ahh...Ohh!"

Zatanna hit her climax and came all over (Y/n)'s dick as he continued to thrust into her.

Zatanna: "I-I I'm sorry, I couldn't hold on."

(Y/n): "Shhh. It's okay, you're such a good girl."

(Y/n) backed up and Zatanna fell to her knees. (Y/n) knelt down to check on Zatanna as he wasn't expecting her to throw herself out of bed. Zatanna grabbed (Y/n) and whispered to him.

Zatanna: "Use me until you cum."

(Y/n) was slightly shocked at first but soon stood up and positioned himself in front of Zatanna, his cock still throbbing.

(Y/n): "Suck it."

Zatanna: "I want you to fuck my face. Please, use m-Mhmm!"

(Y/n) shoved his cock deep into Zatanna's mouth, her warm spit and saliva mixing with his precum as it coated the massive cock between her beautiful lips.

Zatanna: "Mhmm mhmmm."

Zatanna looked up and locked eyes with her lover as he rammed his cock further and further into her throat, causing her to gag and choke. Tears welled up in Zatanna's eyes, she loved being fucked like this, used by the man she loves.

(Y/n): "So fucking good Zee..."

(Y/n) pulled back and allowed Zatanna to catch her breath for a moment before shoving his cock back in with even more ferocity. 

Despite the ferocity Zatanna kept her lips glued to the shaft and kept coating (Y/n)'s cock with every thrust.

(Y/n): "Such a fucking good girl, you love being used don't you? You slut, you fucking dirty slut."

Zatanna could only moan out as she deepthroated (Y/n)'s cock. His cock began to throb and Zatanna knew he was about to cum, she continued sucking and was slightly shocked when (Y/n) forced her head down so his entire shaft was in her mouth when he climaxed.

Zatanna moaned and swallowed every last drop before backing off, leaving a trail of saliva from her lips to the head of (Y/n)'s cock.

Zatanna: "Mhmmm. That was amazing."

(Y/n): "We're not done. Lick it clean, then we're going again."

Zatanna was shocked, but as (Y/n) brushed a strand of her disheveled hair behind her ear a drunken smile formed on her face. She happily gave in and followed her orders as the two continued making love for the rest of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Anjo By JJ

Fanfiction

141K 7K 46
|Young Justice AU| |BirdFlash (Dick Grayson x Wally West)| The Dark Knight had faced some unexpected trouble during one of his routinely patrols in G...
10.8K 355 20
You don't usually ride the bus to school, but this month is different and -HOLD UP- is that the Hall of Justice? Are superheroes real now? Is the who...
9.2K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...
89.1K 2.5K 27
Life for Ember Phillips is fairly simple...wake up, go to school, spend time with her best friend, Wally West, and go beat up some bad guys with her...