HATING ROYALTY

By amnah_amee

She hates royalty but she is royalty. What happens when a misogamist Amatullah is being asked to introduce a... More

β€’COPYRIGHTβ€’
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30|Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Hello!

Chapter 1

831 86 14
By amnah_amee

The 21 year old girl walked out of the Dubai mall with her friend walking beside her.

"With more than one thousand shops in this mall,I still can't find the best dress for tonight's dinner"She cried out furiously.

"It's not like you've been to all the shops so please stop complaining,you didn't even check zara"Ablah suggested.

"I hope I get something modest and beautiful"she said before she turned and headed back into the mall,zara is on the ground floor of Dubai mall so it was easy for them. Amatullah wanted to get a white dress but she ended up with a sky blue dress. She bought some jewelries and shoe that will match her dress before they finally headed out.

"Oh baby girl I now know my stance,you couldn't even get anything for me right?"Ablah complain

"Who said so,the bracelet I bought is for you" she said not wanting anymore drama,the bracelet is hers but it won't hurt giving it to her best friend after using is tonight. Amatullah and Ablah have been friends since from Kindergarten,at first they were not that close but in primary 3 they became close,they also went to the same high school in Abuja. They became even closer when they knew that they have the same interest which is to study business admin. Two years in the university, Amatullah fell ill which lead to her deferring the course for a year and that was why Ablah graduated before her. Even after that,Ablah came to help her with her graduation stuff after she have pleaded with her parents.

"I know it's not mine but either ways thank you"Ablah thanked

"I'm famished,why don't we grab something to eat"Amatullah suggested

"I know right,there is a restaurant near by why don't we stop there and eat"Ablah know this city more than her,she studied here but she barely go out and even when she do,it is mostly to shop.

"Let's be fast,I have to start getting ready before 4" Amatullah said as she fasten her pace.

Right now there are in the restaurant waiting for their order "Amatullah"Ablah called but her attention is on something else.

"Amatullah"she shook her shoulders slightly before she finally looked at her

"What's wrong with you"she asked worry evident in her voice

"It's nothing okay? I just remembered someone" She replied,this was the first place they met that person a few years back.

"Who?"she asked

"You don't know the person"sensing that she don't have the intention of telling her who the person is she didn't ask further questions.

It was a on a Sunday evening when her and Ablah decided to go shopping,it is also their third month in Dubai and they haven't been to any other place apart from school and the beach. And now is the best time to go shopping since they have already finished settling and have used almost all their toiletries. They decided to stop by an eatery and eat well not because they are hungry but because they want to try something new,something they have never tasted before. They placed their order and waited for their food to arrive.

"wait,I have to snap this"Ablah said when their food finally arrived as she check her bag for her phone.

"Why exactly do you have to snap this,there is nothing special about it since everybody here is eating the same thing"Amatullah mumbled enough for Ablah to hear as she raise one brow

"Because this is the first time I'm trying this"she said with an annoying smile, Amatullah hates cold food and that is why she always eat her meal immediately after it arrives

"Why don't you use my phone then"she passed her the iPhone 8+ which they both got from their parents as a birthday gift.

"Why don't you say my phone"Ablah said showing her the screen which has the picture of Amatullah as the wallpaper. They use each other's picture as their wallpaper.

"Then how on earth did your phone get to my hand and where is my phone?"she asked all in one breath.

"I don't know but I'm sure it is in your hand when we came out and remember I gave you my phone when I wanted to try that jean at the store"

"But I gave you your phone when we went to make payment at the counter"Amatullah couldn't believe how careless Ablah could be at times.

"I guess I left it there"Ablah replied nonchalantly as she continue to snap the food

"Damn you Ablah"and with that she left to get her phone

A few minutes later,she walked back into the restaurant with her phone in hand. She walked faster when she saw Ablah taking a sip of her smoothie.

"Can today be any better"she half yelled in a teary voice. She looked at her body to see what just happened,from the coolness she felt on her body,she knew what just happened but she still had to look at herself to be sure

"You bumped into me"the girl who looked the same age as her accused.

"For real girl? You bump into me and then accuse me of doing that"she would have apologized even if she's the innocent one if it were normal days but today is an exception. First it was Ablah and now this girl.

"Excuse me,I need to go now"she said as she try to push Amatullah aside.

"Grow up girl,where are your manners huh? Is it so hard for you to say sorry or excuse me you spoilt brat. I don't even know whats wrong with kids here,they do what ever they want and then go scot-free"Amatullah complain. It's not like she's not aware of the looks she's receiving but she just need someone to vent all her anger on and then she got the perfect person,this girl bumped into her and poured all her smoothie on her but couldn't even say sorry and on top of that she want to push her away because she's in a hurry. For real?

"Kausar?"someone called from behind Amatullah "what's wrong?"he asked the girl who stood in front of her

"She bumped into me and even have the guts to blame me and ask for an apology,she even called me a spoilt brat aki"she explained to the person who Amatullah didn't bother turning to see.

"I didn't accuse you. Wawiya shashasha kawai mara hankali,wallahi idan bakida tarbiya kizo in koya miki domin da alama iyayenki basu iya ba,banza kawai"she was sure they didn't hear her especially with the look most of the people who sat in the restaurant are giving her. She went ahead and pushed the girl who looked like she will explode because of anger out of her way.

"Iyayena basuyi maki komai ba,idan kinada matsala da kanwata then can you please take my parents out of it"The Hausa rolled perfectly out of his tongue making Amatullah turn around shock evident on her face. She watch as the brother moved forward and held his sisters hand and they walked out of the place.

"Na shiga uku Ablah,he heard all what I've said"Amatullah cried feeling so embarrassed

"He's so handsome"was what Ablah said to Amatullah who shock didn't even let her notice what he look like.

"Can you please stop thinking about that guy and think of me for once today"As if that's the best thing Ablah could say,he's so handsome "mtsewwwww"she hissed out loud

"I'm sorry,you have to clean up first"Ablah said as she point at her soiled clothes. Amatullah couldn't eat,she had to plead with Ablah that they should leave before she finally agreed and ever since that day,she have never stepped foot into that restaurant again thinking that she will have to see one of those people who noticed the embarrassing moment that happened that day and they will tell everybody about it.

And now that she will soon be leaving the country,maybe in seven to ten days time so she decided to go there again. It's been five years already but she still can't forget that incident but instead of being embarrassed she will laugh about it,it's worth laughing at right?

At the moment they are in Amatullah's room as Ablah help her get ready for the school dinner,she don't have a date but she will still go,maybe stay for one to two hours before coming back home.

"Can you be useful for once Ablah,stop pressing that phone and come help me with my dress"she motioned for her to come

"What's up"Amatullah asked as she sat next to a blushing Ablah

"Who is this?"Amatullah asked

"He's Haydar and I met him at a friend's birthday"

"Which friend?"Amatullah asked

"You don't know her"she replied,by now Amatullah was sure she's hiding something

"Girl I know all your friends and enemies so tell me which friend?"

"Basma,she's a girl I met on instagram and then when I was in Kano she invited me to her birthday,so I met this guy who happened to be her friend there"she said showing Amatullah his picture

"That's great and I'm only hearing about her and the guy now,that's great"Amatullah felt deceived,Ablah the only person she shares all my problems and secrets with,not even her parents or brothers know half of the things she know about.

"I'm sorry,I just don't know how you will react especially when you don't trust social media people"why exactly should she trust them?

"It's your life so do as you please"and with that she left the room for her. She don't know how she got stuck with a bestie who is obsessed with social media while she hates everything about it.

Everything was going smoothly at the party,they danced,ate while awards are being presented and then continued to dance. It didn't surprise Amatullah that she didn't get any award since she's not famous,she barely socialize. She watch as the awards are being presented from where she sat.

As everyone continued to dance,she stood by the side not being so comfortable as one of the guys who she know as Deen pulled her to the dance floor where the light is a little bit brighter "Deen what's this?"she asked as she attempted to leave but he refused to let go of her hand

"I'm sorry but you have to dance girl,this is like your last party here"he winked

"I don't feel like dancing,please let me go"and then he finally let go.

She could feel someone's presence around her,she could smell the person's masculine sweet cologne as she walk towards where she was standing before Deen pulled her. The person was so close that if only she isn't as short as she is then she could feel the person's breath.

"Ya Allah Deen can I please have a peaceful night" she yelled on top of her voice for the person to hear her,the loud music that is blearing is not helping matters especially since she's not used to screaming. Perks of being the last born with no little siblings.

"Who is Deen"the person behind her whispered in her ears making her look up and immediately their eyes met.

"Uhm"the person cleared his voice making her look down

"Your cloth,I mean you've stained your cloth"he said pointing at her cloth

"How?"she asked knowing so well that she didn't sit on anything that will stain her clothes

"You've stained"he said as he look at anything but her. She was speechless for a while before realizing what he just said,she quickly moved to the wall that is behind them before she thanked him as she looked at the way to the toilet,what will she go and do there when she don't have an extra pad. What on earth just happened,this is what happens when you don't feel anything before or after your period have arrived and this days she tends to only see the stain without feeling anything. It's two days before her period comes and she's not even surprised since it sometimes comes before it's usual time and the fact that she left while angry didn't allow her pick a sanitary wear before leaving.

"I can take you home" the guy suggested sensing the tension "here" he gave her a hoodie to tie around her waist which she did without any hesitation.

"Let's go"he said as he walked towards the exit door,she slowly followed him. He unlocked the car and she took off the hoodie first before getting in.

"Thank you"she thanked him before exiting the car she was reluctant at first because she know his car seat is definitely stained but she hopped out after he asked her not to mind,she wanted to give him back his hoodie but he stopped her "you can keep it,and it's a pleasure that you allowed me to help you"he replied with a smile

"The pleasure is mine"she smiled too. she couldn't even recognize him if she see him in broad daylight because the light in the hall is dim and its dark outside.

"That's so embarrassing"Ablah commented after Amatullah have just finished telling her the story of what happened. They couldn't be mad at each other for more than an hour or two,they always find a way to resolve their misunderstanding either by cooking or by gifting each other. When Amatullah came in Ablah handed her her favorite pouch, Amatullah have been asking her for it but she refused to give her and then she gave her today.

"I know right,it was so so embarrassing I felt like the floor should open up and swallow me" Amatullah replied "I don't know why you girls hate cramps,at least you won't have to walk around with blood stains on your cloth until a stranger walks up to you and tell you"

"I'll rather be informed by a stranger that I'm stained than go through the pain of cramps, you're saying this because you don't know what it feels like"Ablah laughed. He's a stranger and you might never meet him again but cramps is something you have to go through at least two days of every month.

"Whatever,well I'll be graduating in less than three days and Mama and Baba will be coming tomorrow,I'm not sure if my brothers are coming tho"

"It almost skipped my mind that you will be graduating soon"Ablah teased gaining nothing from Ablah but a painful pinch on the tight.

So I believe we now know something about Amatullah.
And I won't stop pleading please vote comment and share.

Q:will you rather get stained and be informed by a stranger or deal with cramps?
I don't know what cramps feel like but nah I'm good,and please the stranger should better be handsome 🌚😅

22nd July,2022.
                    Amnah Amee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 129K 65
β€’Completedβ€’ *Read only if you can accept the grey shade of life* The Kazi was called in, a few prayers were read in a tongue unknown to her and then...
73.3K 3.6K 39
Amal has never met Yasir before but as per her fathers wishes she marries him. Maliakah is going to be an auntie and couldn't be happier. But what ha...
410K 15.4K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...
759K 43.3K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...