Tales from the Phantom

By Blue_Hybrid_

Babysitting 101s, A deadly Virus, new neighbors, and some new and old faces. Memories, good and painful. Ligh... More

Welcome!
Pilot
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
Part title
An illusion
Mike Wars
The one with the karen
Vector's Neighbor, Karen
Thunderstorm on Angel Island
Night Terrors
Problems in babysitting
My No Romance - The Pride Parade
Shadow: Safety Check
A Birthday to Remember
Terrible Terfs and where to Find Them
Blood & Tears
A day in the life of Vanilla
Trust, time, & patience
Baby Steps
Scared
Doctors & Donuts, what a day!
Working Title
Kitten' around
Heatwave
It Doesn't Matter... or does it?
Goodnight Longclaw
Breakfast and Small Talk
A New Mike
Attack on a Titan
The amazing life of Silver
One Evening at Freddy's
The Halloween Oneshot
Real; or a faker?
Battle Scars
This is why I have Trust Issues...
I promise...
Lost & Found
Hate? That's no good!
Blurry Vison
Thanksgiving Day
Hedgehog vs Bee
Sonic and the aro/ace rings
The Ow House
Monster Hunter
I won't be home for Christmas...
...Or maybe I will?
Christmas Eve
A Quick Thank-You

Rise of the Mike

29 0 0
By Blue_Hybrid_

  Sonic tapped his foot a bit as he looked at the time. 3:30. They should be out by now. He had been tasked with watching over Charmy and Cream whilst Vector and Vanilla went out together.

At last, the two kids came out of the large building, waving at the teen, who returned it before frowning at the sight of another running with them. It was Mike, the kid he had met before. Once at that picnic, where the kitten got him stuck down a tube slide, and the other when the two and Karen's kid Spencer went to play at Angel Island. Those were fun times.
"Hey guys," he greeted them with a smile nonetheless, "how was school?"
"It was Great Mr Sonic! Mrs Peterson brought in her hamsters, and we got to pet them!" Cream exclaimed excitedly.
"It was alright," Charmy tried to stay cool in front of his friend, secretly excited about the small fuzzy creatures. "Oh, and can Mike come with us to the park?"
Mike smiled innocently, "Hey Sonic. I liked the hamsters as well, I threw one. I think it enjoyed it,"
"That's nice... Wait, wait, what!" Sonic looked at the young kitten in horror. "Why would you do that to those poor, innocent creatures?"

The kid continues to stare until he started picking his nose. Disgusted, Sonic sighed. "Fine, he can come. Just please, no slide." 

Later at the park, The three kids were enjoying their time playing on the park equipment. Charmy was swinging just a little too high on the swing, Mike was sitting at the top of the triangular Spider's web climbing frame, just intensely staring, and Cream... wait! Where was she? Sonic leapt out of the bench, looking around for the rabbit when a pat on the back made him jump a mile, immediately turning around to see Cream there, and he sighed a sigh of relief.
"Can we get ice cream please?" She sweetly asked, in a tone that Sonic just couldn't resist.
It was a rather warm day in June, just a month before they broke up, in fact.
"Sure," he smiled at the small rabbit, "Hey, kids!" Mike and Charmy immediately stopped what they were doing, and turned to the hedgehog, "Who wants ice cream?"
Was that even a question? The two ran as fast as they could to the small van, Cream following quickly behind. "I'll take that as a yes," He chuckled to himself, using his speed to catch up with the kids.

"I want the gumball sundae. With the gumball," Mike informed, acting like it was the coolest thing a kid could ever do.
"I want Strawberry, please," Cream asked nicely, and the nice man smiled before passing her the cone. "Thank you Mr Ice cream person!" She then skipped off, happy with her treat.
"Charmy," Sonic turned to the bee, "what do you want?"
"Can I have the chocolate honeycomb ice lolly?" He asked in a polite tone, smiling. Being a bee, the kid absolutely adored honeycomb.
"Of course, can I also get a chocolate nut sundae, thanks," paying for the snacks, Sonic ran back over to the park, where Mike grinned after seeing Sonic's ice cream.
"Hey, Sonic! Did you know I'm allergic to nuts?" He informed, looking sad.
"Oh, Mike. I didn't know! You should have told me, I would have got something else, I can go swap if you would like me t.."

"Yeah, Deez nuts!" Mike shouted, and the two young boys burst out laughing, even Cream chuckled a little.
Sonic gave the small grey cat a disproving look as if to say really? But he noticed the kid staring at him. Or more rather,
What was hanging from his neck.

His phantom ruby shard.

"Mike. No. No!" The hedgehog warned. Too late. This kid was fast. Really fast. Like, too fast. He had swiped it the same way that Rouge would steal the chaos emeralds right from underneath Shadow's nose, and darted up the climbing frame.

Climbing after him, Sonic had started to gain some attention, and some were even filming. Reaching the top, Mike blew a raspberry in his face, before chuckling and jumping down the frame. (Even Möbian cats were able to jump from incredible heights.
Mike could tell that Sonic was starting to lose his cool with the kid, and he grinned. "Aww, what are you gonna do about my bad behavior? Tell me off?!"

Sonic reached out to grab the Ruby from the kid's sticky hands, but missed, and Mike fell to the floor dramatically, chucking the gem shard away.
"Oww! He attacked me!" He faked, "And I was only playing!"

Sonic had just put the shard back around his neck when he felt two study hands push him to the floor.
"Stay down! You're under arrest for child assault," One of them shouted, securing the hero's hands behind his back in sturdy, tight handcuffs.
This seriously can't be happen' Sonic rolled his eyes, trying to escape the strong human's grasp, pinning him harder to the floor.

The two other kids had spotted the trouble and ran over as quick as their little legs could go, "Hey! What are you doing!" Charmy shouted, scared.
"Let Mr Sonic go! You're going to hurt him!" Cream cried, "don't make me phone my mother!"

The officer gave her a look, "This Möbian is under arrest for the assault of a kid," he droned as he and his partner lifted the 'criminal' from the floor and forced him to walk away, Sonic struggling. "Hey come on. Let's talk this through. I promise there's a perfectly good explanation for this! Let's just talk this through!"

Charmy gave his friend a look, "Why'd you do that?" He was mad, madder than he had ever been at a friend.
"Why not? It's good fun to get people into trouble!"

"MIKE OSCAR MINTZ!"

A voice seemed to scream, and Mike turned around in horror. His mom. He was in trouble. She had seen everything.
"You officers best kindly let that kid go! He is our Hero, and has saved our lives plenty of times! You give him some respect!"
The officers didn't even hesitate, they had both seen the G.U.N. Badge on the lady's clothing.
"You ok sweetie?" Feeling embarrassed by the situation the kitten had once again put him in, Sonic nodded, blushing bright red. "Good. Now. As for you!" She turned to her son. "Consider yourself grounded. Again!"

So that's Mike's mother. Glad there's someone to keep him in check, Sonic thought as he spotted a dark yellow shape flying towards them.
Tails.
"Sonic!" He shouted as he descended, landing in the springy fresh grass next to him, "I saw everything on the news. I rushed straight over."
"Wait, everything?" Sonic questioned, rubbing his now sore wrists, looking around to see a crowd had gathered around them, all filming, some with microphones, and Sonic immediately looked at the floor, bright red again.
"Tails? Whenever you're ready, get us out of here,"
Tails didn't need telling again. He lifted Sonic up by his hands and flew off towards Vector's, Charmy and Cream following closely behind.

Arriving at Vector's house, Sonic used the spare key that the croc had lent him to get into the small house, the two kids darting straight into the living room to play on the old Wii, Sonic sinking into one of the couches.
A few moments later, Tails appeared with a large cup of coffee, and handed it to his friend, "Here. I think you need it." Tails chuckled. Normally, no one would ever dream of giving the hedgehog caffeine; they'd made that mistake before. But that's something that would come back to haunt Tails later, probably at 3:00 in the morning.

Sonic seemed zoned out, and Tails waved a hand in front of his face, "Hello? Earth to Sonic, are you there?"
The blue shook his head a bit, looking at the fox for a few seconds, "oh, ughhh... I was just thinking,"
"Ok. About what? Seemed important,"
"About the Death Egg..."
"Oh..." Tails simply said, "it's ok. You don't have to tell me," he sat down next to him, and the two watched the kids as they played on Wii Sports.

That's when the remote flew out of Charmy's hand and shatter the tv with an almighty crash, glass was everywhere, color erupting on the large flat screen, and Cream crying.
"Oops?" Charmy innocently said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 0 12
this is a story about my oc, maxy and her friends being turned into a hedgehog and meeting sonic and his friends, will she have fun in this world? Or...
9.3K 189 20
My First Wattpad Story. The characters in this story aren't mine they're Sega's. (Y/N) belongs to you and is also you. (Y/N) is just a normal girl wh...
13.7K 493 17
"ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴜɢ ᴛᴡᴏ ɢʀᴀᴠᴇꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜꜱ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ, ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴ' ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ꜰᴇᴀʀ" -------------------------------------------- (Y/N), a poo...
1K 15 50
SONIC FRONTIERS SPOILERS! It's a round two with the Blue! Finally free from the trauma of the Six Month War, Sonic begins to settle into his new lif...