The Other Cooper

By hawkins_2000

"I do everything for everyone. Everything has to be perfect. The perfect daughter, the perfect sister, the pe... More

A/N
~ Season One ~
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
~ Season Two ~
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
A/N
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
~ Season Three -
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
A/N
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
A/N (So sorry!)
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five (pt. 1)
Chapter Sixty-Five (pt. 2)
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Five
A/N {pls readπŸ’š}
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
INCOMING CHAPTERS!! (A/N)
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty

Chapter Seventy-Four

475 11 10
By hawkins_2000

It had taken Marie forever to convince Betty that she had been taken to talk to Fangs and Kevin. Apparently, when she had followed Edgar into the hallway to see lily, the hidden wire in her hoodies lining went haywire and stopped working. Betty was eventually satisfied with thinking Edgar had wanted her close friends to talk about their happy experiences at the Farm.

"So let me get this straight, the reason Cheryl has suddenly joined the Farm is because they let her talk to Jason?" Veronica asked as she, Archie, Jughead, and the Cooper twins sat down in the student lounge. "Yea. And our mom is entirely convinced that she's seeing and talking. to Charles, her long-lost son." Betty scoffed.

"And who did they let you speak to on your super secret mission, Little M?", Veronica asked with a laugh. Marie looked up from her book and stumbled to find an answer. "Oh- um, I only take to Li- the living, ha. Evernever took me to Kevin and Fangs so they could try and convince me to join." Marie said quickly, ignoring the inquisitive look from Betty due to her almost slip-up.

"I can't be the only one who isn't a fan of you playing spy kids all alone in a cult." Archie sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "You're not." Jughead piped up and Marie gave them an amused smile. "She's the only one they would have believed and hopefully, she's almost done." Betty countered as she rolled her eyes at the boy's judgment.

"What if you can prove Charles is dead. Maybe the best way to snap her out of her delusions is a harsh dose of truth." Jughead suggested as he munched on a bag of chips. "That should work..." Betty muttered as she started to scheme.

{A few days later}

Marie was leaning against the row of lockers while she waited for Betty to switch out her books for their next class when Evelyn walked up to them. "Hi, Marie. My dad says you guys have been making a lot of headway. I'm happy to hear it. Any chance you've gotten Betty to warm up to us?" The girl said hopefully.

Before Marie could respond, Betty slammed her locker shut and said, "Not a chance." Marie gave Evelyn a fake apologetic smile as Betty slung her book bag on her shoulder. "Well, on another subject... You wouldn't happen to know where you mom is would you, Betty?" Evelyn asked.

Marie looked between the girls confused, but Betty ignored her and sighed, "Am I my mother's keeper?". Evelyn kept calm and continued, "She missed bed check last night. But somebody did see you visiting her room yesterday."

"Hmm, well. I'll let you know if I find her." Betty hummed and spun on her heel, dragging Marie along with her. "What did you do to Mom!", Marie hissed. "Relax. She's in the bunker. I'm deprogramming her." Betty whispered back.

"Oh, Marie!", Evelyn called, making the twins stop and turn around. "My dad hopes you'll stop by later so you can finally have a real tour." She said with a sickly sweet smile. "Oh uh, yea." Marie said as Betty returned to pulling her down the hallway.

Marie was confused when they entered the B&G office. "B, what about chemistry?", Marie questioned. "This is more important. You need to hear what Mom said about us on these tapes before you go back there.", Betty replied as she flipped on the tape player and held out the headphones for Marie to take.

"Ok...", Marie said as she put on the headset and sat down at the table. Betty picked up a note pad with a few timestamps written on it and hit the fast forward button. Marie's ears were met by soft static as Betty went to the first time stamp.

"It's just the three of us in the house now. And honestly, I'm scared of Betty. I'm scared Betty is going to hurt me or maybe even her sister.", Alice's voice rang out. Marie stared up in surprise at her sister's stoney gaze. Betty didn't say anything, but only went to the other time stamps.

"Marie is so much like how Polly used to be and I'm terrified. We've already had a few close calls and every time it just gets worse."

"Betty is more her father's daughter than any of my other girls. She has that same darkness I saw in him."

"Something happened to Marie. She's ...broken, not whole. I didn't notice anything until Polly pointed said something. All I know is that I need to get her away from Betty. You could help her, Edgar."

That was all Marie could take and yanked off the headphones. "How could she think you're like Dad?? And how can she just act like she knows what's wrong with me?", Marie huffed and tossed the headphones on the table.

"I think Edgar fed her what to say to convince her she needed the Farm. He planted those ideas in her head." Betty said angrily as she crossed her arms. Marie sighed and rested her head in her hands. "When you go there tonight, try to dig for more information to help with snapping Mom out of it." Betty said as she began to scribble a few notes on her notepad.

"I don't like going there, Bee. Edgar, he- he just... I don't know." Marie stuttered, trying to find the right words. "It's not for much longer, M. I'm getting through to her. This might be the last time you even have to step foot in there, ok?", Betty said reassuringly and patted her sister's shoulder.

Marie only slowly nodded and stood up. "Alright. Give me the wire." The younger twin sighed. "I don't think the wire will be much help if you're going to be walking around more. Try to voice record on your phone." Betty suggested as they walked out of the B&G office.

{Later that evening}

Marie had been escorted by Evelyn to Edgar's office when she arrived. The girls stopped at the closed doors and the Farmie turned to her and smiled. "My dad and I are very hopeful about you. You seem to fit in with us well." She said with an eerie smile.

What she did next shocked Marie. Evelyn leaned in a placed a chaste kiss on Marie's cheek before opening double doors. "E- Dad? Marie is here." She announced and stepped aside for the still stunned girl to enter. Marie shook her head a bit and thanked Evelyn before entering the office, which obviously used to be a small chapel.

"Ah, thank you." Edgar said as he turned away from his plants and smiled at Marie. "Hi. Mr.- I mean, Edgar." Marie greeted, correcting herself when she saw the man's arched brow. "Come in. Take a seat. I thought we could talk a bit before I take you on the tour.", he said and gestured for her to sit in the chair in front of his large desk.

The girl obliged and dropped her bag by the chair and sat down, 'Shit, I didn't start the voice memo...' Marie mentally cursed as Edgar moved to lean against the desk right in front of her. The girl crossed her legs and began to twist the rings on her fingers.

"I've become aware that your twin, Betty, has gotten her hands on your mother and sister's tapes." Edgar began as he tilted his head. "Now, I'm sure, being as close as your mother has told me you two are, she has shared these tapes with you. Am I correct?" The man question as he braced his hands against the desk.

There was no point in denying it, so Marie nodded her head. "Do you have any questions about what was said?", Edgar asked. Marie looked down at her lap and continued to play with her rings before gaining the courage to speak again.

"Wh-why did my mother say such horrible things about Betty? And about me being broken?". Marie breathed. Edgar sighed a little and Marie looked up to meet his gaze. "To be fair, Betty has given Alice some legitimate reasons to fear her." He said quietly.

Sure, in any normal family some of the things Betty had done might be concerning, but they weren't a normal family... But did that really make it any better? Did Edgar have a point?

"Please don't try to turn this on Betty. You have my mom convinced she's talking to our dead brother." Marie whispered as she felt her eyes start to prick with tears and blinked harshly. "Charles is a wound. She needs to heal. Your mother is on a journey, and she is making tremendous progress towards finding her truest self." Edgar told her passionately.

"She could do that at home, with a therapist." Marie said a bit more loudly. Edgar stood up a bit straighter and quipped, "Like your therapist? Dr. Sam Wilson? Are you truly any better than you were before?". Marie was surprised at the unusual harshness in his voice.

Edgar closed his eyes and composed himself before speaking again. "She needs to heal from the pain that has been inflicted upon her. Communing with Charles, real or illusionary, comforts her...Fills her in a way that no one in her life can or does." He said calmly and took a step closer to her chair.

Marie gripped her hands tightly together as Edgar braced his hands on the chair's armrests and leaned down to meet her gaze. "Now why in your mind is that a bad thing? I can help you too." He said lowly before moving even closer and making Marie's breath hitch. "You just have to let me in." He whispered in her ear.

A/N
Took my last exam todayyyyyyy:) hope you guys are doing well<3 thanks for sticking with me!!
-hawkins_2000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 1.8K 34
𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 π‹π¨π«πžπ­π­πš π‹πžπ’π π‘π­π¨π§ 𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞π₯𝐟 𝐟𝐚π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐫 π›πžπ¬π­ 𝐟𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭...
990K 24.9K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
650K 23.7K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
247K 16K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...