Tokyo Ghoul - NEST

By FallenJester3

"Do you enjoy a Good end, or a Bad end?" "Aren't they the same thing?" "How so?" "No one has the right to say... More

Prologue
Escape from Solitary
A Normal Errand
The New Residents
Under Cover
The Mask Maker
Curing What Can't be Cured
The Plan to "Buzz Off"
The Choice, and a Highway Shootout
The Old Man and Dreams
Re
The File that Marks Life or Death
Hostage Situation
Letting the Monster Loose
What Does She Want?
Lazy Days
New Faces
Going Back
Talking French
In the Dark
Clues in Plain Sight
Delay for Home
Tsukiyama Residence
Control
Other Self
1000 - 7...
Not You...
Aftermath
Waking to a "Beautiful" Sight
Meetings
Follower
Fake Friendship
Quinx
Auction
Chaos
Voting poll!
Kakuja
God of Death
Gone
Silently Suffering
Time, Slowly Passing
The Bandaged Girl
Date with a Celebrity
Accept it
The Levin I Know
Say It!
She's Hungry! (For Me!)
Bookstore and a Bath
Through Whispering Thoughts
Acceptance
Kaneki Ken
Quiet, Once Again
Mom & Dad
Favorite Coffee
Unexpected Party
Scars
Women Are Needy
Preparation
Start of Operations
Trap
Melancholy
The Nutcracker
Torso
Jasons Legacy
Mister Nice Guy
Job
A Memory Filled Storm
Last Meeting
Anteiku
H Cell
Plans for Dates
The Calm Before the Storm
Storm Approaches
Orca
Broke Once Again
Sorrow
The Words of a Lost Friend
After the Storm
Turning your Back
No Matter What
Realization
The Aogiri Spy
Eye Patch
Teacher
Consideration
Stealth At Its Best
Mixed Feelings
To be Missed
Takatsuki Sen
Hidden Pain
Smell
Decisions
Without a Trace
Initiation
Lab Raid
Tools
Pinnacle of Insanity
Floppy
Remember
Don't...
Different
Fear over Love
White Christmas
End of the Chase
Intense Questioning
Looming Darkness
Vincent Valhalla
Flames Grow Taller
Not the Same
Bitter Reunion
Unexpected Friendship
Forgiveness
Target for Extermination
Stronger Bonds
RC Gates
Not Sorry
Ready?
Stronger than Before
Opposite Sides of the Same Coin
Make Them Hate
Thanks for the Memories
Miracles Don't Exist
All in Vain...?
Those Three Words
Seperated
Let it Out
The Hidden Error
Favorite Books, Secret Meanings
Next Move
Pawn
The Fight Draws Near
Newfound Hope
Sins of a Prophet
"I'll Be Back"
Lulluby for the Owl
The Foolish Plan
Infamous Clown
Riki Hada
The Reaper Knows Death
The Cruel One (Bonus Questionnaire)
I'm So Lonely Without You
Favorite Meal
Truths from Family
Snow White
The One Eyed King
King & Crow
The MIA Dove
Half of a Promise
Old Friend
Seidou Takizawa
The Journal
Where's The Frenchy?
Mouse Hunt
The Circus Is In Town
Clowning Around
Insane Love
The Fake Kings Ideal
Failure
Nightmares of Truth
Nashiro Yasuhisa
The Crows Ideal
Betrayal
Reaction
Beginning of the End
Destroy Everything
Binge Eater
Dead End
King vs Crow
Blood in the Street
Not -Alone- Anymore
Zealous Act
Clown Parade
No Escape
Rize Kamishiro
A Sea View
Building a New Future
Kurona Yasuhisa
The Planned Finale
Cruise to Valhalla
Short Reunions
Fall
Clipped Wings
Levin Seto
Black and White (Epilogue)
Part 1 Author Notes

Hold Up

1.2K 65 6
By FallenJester3

" Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
- Abraham Lincoln

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vincent POV

Ayato quickly grabbed me face after dodging my Kagune, and shoved it into a wall making my head pulse with pain with each heartbeat. I gritted my teeth, so that didn't help when I cracked one of my teeth.

"I had perfect teeth." I said plainly, spitting out a piece of tooth, the perfect white covered in blood. I look up at him with a glare.

"Let me pass, and I won't have to get serious." I said, getting in a battle stance.

Ayato smirked at this remark. "Serious? You getting serious? I thought you swore not to use your serious personality on anyone." He said with a cocky voice.

I take a step forward, slowly walking towards him. I then push off the ground with my Kagune, making me fly at him, he flinches from surprise as I knee him in the face, my two pincers stabbing his wings.

I backfill over him, my Kagune still connected to his wings, and I fling him into the wall, making him cough out blood. I walk up to him and aim the point at his neck as he tries to get back up.

"You should learn how to tell when your in a mismatched battle, Ayato-kun." I said, my face with a straight expression.

He makes a disgusted look of anger as he yells as he jumps back up, moving my pincer out of the way and crystalizing his wings, slashing them across my chest like a chainsaw.

I take a few steps back as I check my wound. It was pretty deep, I cringe as I poke it, Damn. I hate to admit it, but I won't win this unless I go serious, which concerns me greatly. If I can hold him off until Sasaki takes care of Noro, then I'll be fine with back up.

Until then...

I get ready for another attack as I aim my Kagune at him, ready to pierce any openings know get.

I'll have to wound him, little by little.

Levin POV

That night, I walked down the street of the 13th ward. Taking a walk like this wasn't normal for me, and the others knew that, but I somehow covered it up saying that I was visiting Yomo.

Which I'm not.

I look down at my cell and find a small smile going to my face. Takatsuki's number blinks in white across the black screen. I put the cell phone to my ear, and walk while it's ringing.

After the fourth ring, someone picked up. I find myself being nervous all of the sudden. But I decide to act like I'm perfectly fine. "H-Hey, Takatsuki-San, I was wondering if you had any time to talk?" I asked, I found myself looking up at the moon.

Takatsuki sounded like she was tired. "What time is it?... oh, only 9p.m. ! I overslept!" She starts to freak out over the phone.

"What?" I say confused.

She seemed to remember I was on the phone just then and calmed down when she cleared her throat. "I had a deadline to complete, buuuut~ I'll make some time for my favorite little brother." She said with a sweet tone.

I blush a bit, scratching my cheek. "I thought I told you, your more likely to be my little sis-"

"Ward 10, Primes Street! I'll be waiting~!" She interrupted my counter as she hung up the phone and left me staring blankly at the call ended screen.

How can she act so innocent? I sigh as I shove my hands in my pockets, walking down the street and watching my breath come out of my mouth, trying not to be bored as I walk, feeling a bit lonely.

Kurona POV

"Why are we following him?" I asked with Rize staring at Levin from half behind the building. The alley smelled like trash filled with dead fish. I cover my nose as Rize and Nashiro stare down at Levin.

Rize glances at me. "Theres one thing in a girls curiosity I need to confirm! So be quiet until we see who he's meeting!" She said.

Nashiro perked a bit. "But we don't know if he's meeting anyone..." she said, staring at Rize. "I think your just mad that you think he's going out with someone." She said blankly.

Rize blushes a bit but it quickly vanishes. "I-I just wanna know if he's okay!" She said quickly.

"You actually care about him?" I asked with confusion.

Rize stuttered. "N-Not really! I-I just need to make sure no other ghouls try to eat him, he's mine!" She said, covering the conversation with that.

Rize has been acting weird lately. She's acting more nervous around everyone, especially when Levin 's brought up in a conversation. And she seems to be more softer to him than usual. What's wrong with her?

Rize waves at us to follow. "C'mon! He stopped over at that cafe! Let's get a seat over there!" She said, walking steadily in a few minutes after Levin. We sat across the cafe, hiding our faces with the menus. Why are we doing this?

Levin seemed bored. He was dressed in regular jeans and some sneakers. A plain white t shirt and over that was a unzipped hoodie, he stared down at the coffee he had ordered and sipped it, making a quick taste of disgust at the taste.

Rize looked confused. "Why does he look disgusted at the coffee?" She asked aloud.

"He only likes his coffee black, I think it's too sweet for him." I said, making Nashiro and Rize look over at me in surprise.

"Your... really close to him, aren't you Kuro?" Nashiro said, with the same blank face up was making.

I nod in confusion as Rize makes a puffy face and turns back to Levin, and we join her. Just then, a jingle of the door rings out, and Levin makes eye contact with a teal hair colored girl. Her beauty was obvious, but she looked petit. She grinned at Levin and waved energetically.

Rize stared with disbelief as the girl sat down with Levin and they began instantly chatting, every now and then, Levin would turn red by a comment from the girl. The cup Rize was holding in her hand was suddenly being crushed, but I poked her shoulder to make her realize what she was doing.

Rize looked surprised as she stared at her hands, then at the girl, biting her lip in irritation as she suddenly got up and stormed out of the cafe. Nashiro mumbled something like, I'll go get her.

They walked out of the restaurant and I'm only left. So I decide to eavesdrop on their conversation, getting to a closer table and ordering an warm coffee.

"- Thats what been happening to me..." Levin said, just finishing a sentence he was saying. Huh? What's happening to him?

I perk my ears as I lean a bit closer to hear more.

"Thats does sound troubling... I've had my fair share of things like this, being confused state of mind was normal for me at your age as well." She said, sipping her iced coffee, looking up at Levin. "We really do connect~"

Levin coughed, clearing his throat. "Y-Yeah. So, what do you think I should do with them?" He asked.

Them? What are they talking about? My curiosity was over the top for some reason, why did I want to learn about this so much? Oh, it's because Levin is my friend, yeah...

Just a friend...

Somehow, when I thought that, my chest ached in pain, as if it were telling my brain to shut it and stop thinking that. If I didn't want to be his friend, then what did I want to think of him as? The thought lingers as I listen more.

There's a brief silence then the girl perks up. "For now, Vincent is right, don't give in to inner demons, they can ruin you... someone once did that, and he turned out like..." she trailed off, thinking about that certain person.

The girl stood and smiled. "Well that's all the time I've got for now, I've got a dead line~! Bye bye!" She said after getting up and planting a... a...

She kissed him on the cheek.

My heart suddenly was on fire and I felt like going and yelling at the girl, even though I'm not that type of person. What's wrong with me?!? I cradle myself as the girl turns around.

"Oh yeah, Levin-Kun... your quite the celeb with the ladies, huh?" She said, glancing at me and making me freeze, hiding behind the menu I was holding. She noticed us?!? How? I was pretty sure I made not a sound!

The girl then left Levin, who was still blushing and holding his cheek in surprise. He suddenly sighed and got up, stretching. "Darn woman... giving me a headache." He said as he walked out of the store.

(Thank you for all the support on this book! But to think this is just like one third of what I have in mind for this story is pretty amazing! So expect this to be my biggest story yet! Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171

P.S. - Next chapter is Sasserious?(bad puns!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 733 27
Warning: This Story Contains Harmful and Trigger Warning. You Have Been Warned (Y/n) (L/n) is a very powerful ghoul. Unlike any other. She's also s...
572 8 61
" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in prison. Because, if that is the goal, you g...
22.4K 727 21
"Every time I trust someone, they show me why I shouldn't." "I think that I'm actually afraid to be happy, because whenever I am, something bad alway...
6.9M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...