๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐–๐Ž๐‘...

De prxttybuttxrfly

๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™... the youngest princess of king triton leaves her kingdom in order to... Mais

๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ: h2o - just add water
๐€๐‹๐„๐—๐€ ๐‘๐Ž๐Ž๐๐„๐˜
แด„สœแด€ส€แด€แด„แด›แด‡ส€ แด€แด‡๊œฑแด›สœแด‡แด›ษชแด„๊œฑ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ป๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ
๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™ 1
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ... ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ... ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ... ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜† ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—น๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ... ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐˜†
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น... ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ
๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐˜„๐—ถ๐—บ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฝ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ!
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐—ด ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—น

๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜€

2.3K 51 6
De prxttybuttxrfly

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

IT HAD BEEN FOUR MONTHS SINCE ALEXA LEFT HER KINGDOM. she had trouble finding her footing in adjusting to the human world but she soon made three friends: cleo sertori, emma gilbert and lewis mccartney. 

on her first day at high school, she had trouble finding her geography class. her nerves continued to build up until she was darting from hallway to hallway in order to find the right classroom. 

however, it was as if fate occurred in this moment as she crashed into a brunette girl who was also running late to class. they both apologised for the incident and exchanged names. this was when alexa rooney met cleo sertori.

alexa had found out that cleo was also going to the same class as her so on the way to geography, the two girls got to know one another and slowly but surely, they became great friends.

soon after the bell rang which indicated the end of the geography lesson, it was time for lunch. cleo took alexa's hand into her own and tugged her in the direction of where a blonde girl and blonde guy were sat chatting to one another. that was the moment when alexa met emma gilbert and lewis mccartney.

alexa got along with the three of them. their personalities all complimented each other remarkably well. whilst emma possessed a confident aura within herself, cleo was often shy and most empathetic out of the group. meanwhile, lewis was always willing to help out others whilst alexa became the mother of the group with a reassuring smile that would hypnotise anyone in her path. she was the one where the three would go to her for advice and a shoulder to lean on if needed.

the four became a force to be reckoned with. they may have had their differences but they'd always have respect for one another. like their interests would always differ from one another but the love between the four friends would always remain strong.

emma's hobby was swimming. every saturday in the morning, she would go for a swim. 

which was how alexa found herself standing next to cleo who was timing emma's swimming with a timer in her grasp.

emma was swimming front crawl towards the two brunette girls as she finished her last lap. when emma's hand made contact with the tile of the swimming pool, cleo stopped the timer and showed her time to the blonde.

emma looked at her time and exclaimed happily, "awesome, that's two points under my personal best."

cleo complimented the blonde, "emma, you were murdering out that."

alexa nodded her head in agreement, "you did a great job, em." she added with a bright smile on her face.

"thanks lex." emma thanked before she turned to face cleo, "i'll do better than that tomorrow. give me two weeks and i'll be ready for regionals." she said before she placed her goggles over her eyes.

"so cool." cleo commented, referring to emma's talent to swim. this was because cleo had a huge fear towards water and she had always admired emma's ability to swim.

emma dove back into the water before she made her way out of the swimming pool with the two brunette girls shortly following behind her.

👑

CLEO GOT A MESSAGE FROM HER DAD FOR AN ERRAND THAT SHE HAD TO ATTEND TO so alexa chose to wait for emma to finish getting dressed after her morning swim. since it was a sunny day, the two girls decided to take a walk which allowed emma to talk to alexa about the regionals which emma would be competing in two weeks time. 

alexa looked up to see cleo and rikki (the new girl who alexa showed around the school) who was on a boat. 

cleo called out, "hey emma, alexa! you guys want a ride?" she asked her two friends.

emma turned to face rikki who was driving the boat. she inquired curiously, "are you licensed?"

rikki rhetorically questioned the swimmer, "are you my mother?"

emma stared at rikki blankly before she shook her head.

"sure, we'd love a ride, cleo." alexa answered as she accepted cleo's offer. she made eye contact with emma who nodded her head in agreement.

👑

ALEXA AND EMMA WAS NOW ON THE BOAT ALONGSIDE RIKKI AND CLEO. rikki, who was driving the boat further into the ocean and away from the pier, asked the three girls, "wanna go out to sea?"

whilst alexa was enjoying the feeling of the sun on her face, emma asked cautiously, "isn't it dangerous in a craft this size?"

"chill out." rikki waved off emma's worry before she changed the gear on the boat and continued to drive the boat with the girls in further out to sea.

a few moments later, the gas went out and began to sputter.

emma remarked, "are we 'chilled out' yet?"

alexa turned to face emma, "don't start anything. we need to find a way to get off this boat and onto dry land." she stated calmly.

rikki sent a thankful smile to alexa before she turned to face emma. she assured, "so? we're floating. it's not like we're sinking."

"not yet." emma added.

an awkward silence fell between the four girls but the silence was filled with the ocean waves rocking the boat.

the awkward silence was broken by rikki who pointed out, "i think we're out of fuel. feel like paddling to that island?"

"mako island?" emma asked in amusement, she quickly added, "forget it."

cleo explained, "no one goes there. it's surrounded by sharks. and reefs. and mangroves." she listed.

"we're way too far from the gold coast to paddle there. it could take ages. we don't have a choice but to go to mako island." alexa reasoned with the brunette.

rikki nodded her head in agreement with alexa's words, "it's all we've got." she passed a paddleboard to emma who took it reluctantly before she used it to paddle to mako island, with rikki's help.

as emma and rikki used the paddleboards to paddle to mako island, alexa stared at the island with wonder in her eyes as a hint of curiosity began to grow within her as the four girls got closer to mako island.

eventually, the four girls made it to shore and they worked together to pull the air-blown boat onto the sand.

once the four girls were done pulling the boat onto land, cleo questioned sadly, "how are we ever gonna get back home?"

emma crossed her arms and looked at rikki. she replied aggressively, "good question, cleo. ask your friend."

rikki turned to face the blonde with a look of disbelief, "don't put this on me." she said.

emma rhetorically asked rikki, "oh? it was someone else's fault?"

alexa ran her hand through her brown wavy hair in frustration at emma and rikki arguing with one another, "arguing isn't going to get us off this island. i suggest that we find a way back home before it gets dark." she said.

 emma sighed in defeat, "you three are lucky i've got this." she took her phone out from her bag and walked around the island for a signal.

cleo, who had her hands clasped in front of her, informed the blonde chadwick, "emma is always really prepared."

rikki replied sarcastically, "i'm so happy for her."

emma gave rikki a look before she decided to not argue with her, "i'm not getting any signal. we should try to get to higher ground." she suggested to the three girls before she walked away with her phone in her grasp as she moved her phone around in an attempt to find a better signal with alexa, cleo and rikki following shortly behind.

the four girls was walking deeper into the forest with the intention to leave the island and never come back.

rikki asked emma, "do you have any idea where you're going?"

emma, who was leading the way, answered, "just up. i'm still not getting signal."

"maybe we won't get a signal. what then?" cleo questioned worriedly as she feared for the worse.

alexa assured the brunette, "we'll find a signal, cleo. since none of us have the intention of staying on this island, our motivation combined will encourage us to find a way to get out."

still not feeling assured by the brunette's words, cleo questioned anxiously, "what if we can't call anyone? what if nobody finds us?"

rikki suggested, "we'll have to draw straws and decide which one of the others will eat."

the four girls stopped for a moment to catch their breath. 

emma snapped, "that's not funny."

"i'm relieving the tension." rikki defended herself.

"you're making it worse." cleo said to rikki.

alexa groaned in frustration, "i just said that arguing isn't going to get us anywhere. i understand why you're all getting frustrated. i really do. so let's just find a signal then get out of here."

the three girls remained silent for a moment before they reluctantly nodded their heads in agreement.

"come on." emma said, breaking the silence before she walked away with the three girls following behind. she led the girls further into the forest until they're climbing onto huge rocks where a small waterfall was in the distance.

emma warned, "mind your step." she cautiously jumped over and onto the next rock.

alexa was next. she took a deep breath to calm down her nerves before she jumped over and landed beside emma.

rikki paused for a moment before she jumped and landed on the rock before making her way over to alexa and emma.

"i can't do this, it's too slippery. there's got to be another way." cleo shouted to the three girls. she looked around for another way to get across. suddenly, her leg slipped and she landed on her back. she let out a scream of fright and she fell into a hole.

"cleo!?" emma called out for the brunette worriedly. she was met with more screams from cleo's end as she went further down into the hole.

"cleo!" alexa yelled fearfully as the three girls rushed over and found a hole that cleo went down.

emma continued to call for cleo, hoping that cleo didn't hurt herself when she fell into the hole.

the three girls waited for a few moments waiting for cleo to give them an answer, "i'm ok. i'm fine." cleo yelled from below which caused the three girls to let out a sigh of relief.

emma asked the brunette, "can you climb up?"

cleo answered, "no."

"are you sure? come on, just try." rikki persisted as she refused for the brunette to give up so easily.

cleo shouted, "i can't! there's no way, it's too steep."

emma pondered for a moment before she stated, "i've got to go down and get her."

alexa's protective instincts kicked in as she added in determination, "i'll come with you."

rikki questioned incredulously, "are you guys crazy? it doesn't make sense if you girls—" she was cut off when emma fell into the hole. she let out a piercing scream as she slid down to wherever cleo was.

alexa and rikki shared a look of disbelief before they shrugged their shoulders. alexa followed shortly behind emma as she let out a scream, not expecting the slide to go down that fast.

once alexa recovered from her shock, she questioned worriedly, "cleo! are you hurt?"

cleo had her hands pressed down tightly on her leg. she replied, "my leg, it's probably just sprained."

"whoa!" the three girls heard rikki exclaim as they looked behind them to see rikki coming down. she crashed into alexa's back which caused the two to wince in pain.

emma asked in annoyance, "what are you doing here?"

rikki took in her surroundings in awe before she turned to face the blonde gilbert. she retorted, "well you and alexa came down."

"you were meant to throw down a rope or something." emma stated in irritation.

rikki remarked, "what am i? a mind reader? and what rope?"

alexa could tell that another argument was about to start so she placed her arms between them and said, "alright, that's enough. me and cleo don't want to hear the two of you bickering whilst we remain innocent bystanders."

cleo inquired, "shouldn't we concentrate on getting out of here?"

emma answered, "yep."

the four girls stood up from the floor and began to walk further into the cave. 

"there's no way out." rikki stated in defeat.

alexa turned to face rikki, "we'll find a way out. besides, it's better to have four pairs of eyes than one."

rikki gave alexa a small smile and she reciprocated the gesture.

emma walked up a few steps and peered around the corner, she suggested, "let's try here."

the three girls followed emma as she led the girls to a pool of water.

rikki took in her surroundings and responded in awe, "wow. this is like the cone of a volcano."

alexa looked up to see the view of the stars shimmering in the night sky, "it's so beautiful." alexa chimed in admiration.

"it's um.. not going to erupt, is it?" cleo questioned worriedly to emma.

emma reassured the brunette , "it's been dormant for twenty-thousand years. i think we're safe." she walked closer to the pool of water and bent down to point out, "look, tidal rings." she took off her shoes and explained, "the level of the pool rises and falls."

"so?" rikki asked emma.

emma elaborated, "so it's connected to the ocean. there might be a way out." she dove into the pool, leaving the three girls behind.

alexa, cleo and rikki sat on the floor as they stared ahead at where emma dove into the water.

cleo broke the silence as she shook her head, "i'm not going to like this." she told the two girls.

👑

IT HAD BEEN AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES and emma was still not back yet. the three girls waited patiently for emma's return. it had been complete silence for a few minutes until cleo broke it when she called for the blonde, "emma? emma?!"

alexa placed her hand on cleo's shoulder and reassured, "she'll be fine, she can take care of herself."

rikki added, "just give her a minute."

emma announced her presence when she appeared out of the water and let out a gasp of breath, "i was right. it's about a twenty second swim to the reef outside." she told the three girls as she swam her way over to the three girls, "straight through. plenty of room. we can fit."

cleo pointed to the exit and questioned nervously, "through there?" she added, "no way."

with alexa's hand still on cleo's shoulder, she squeezed it reassuringly and replied, "you can do this, cleo. just believe in yourself." she said before she took off her shoes and socks.

as rikki was taking off her shoes, she encouraged the brunette, "go on, cleo. there's no other way out. you can do it."

cleo denied, "i can't do it. and besides, i can't swim." she informed the three girls.

👑

CLEO WAS REFUSING TO SWIM WITH THE GIRLS. her fear was controlling her which made her and the other girls pause in their movements. emma and rikki were in the water whilst cleo was sat at the ledge of the pool with alexa beside her. the three girls had been trying to reassure the girl that she'd be fine but cleo wasn't budging at all.

emma assured the brunette, "everything will be fine."

"how can you be sure?" cleo asked.

rikki chimed in, "listen to her, cleo. what alternative do we have? stay stuck down here forever?"

alexa stated softly, "you don't have to worry cleo, we're all here with you. you're going to be fine." she climbed into the water and swam over to emma.

rikki extended her hand to cleo. with hesitation, cleo placed her hand in rikki's and she slowly pulled cleo into the water who fell into the water but rikki quickly pulled her up to the surface.

the four girls stood in a circle as a circle of water with bubbles surrounded the four girls. a bright light emitted from the full moon shone down on the four girls.

cleo looked up at the moon and back at the three girls. she stated, "wow."

emma commented, "spooky."

the pool continued to bubble around the four girls with the moonlight shining above them, showing no indication that it was going to stop.

emma instructed the three girls, "ok. now concentrate. take a deep breath." she inhaled a deep breath before she went underwater and swam away.

alexa shortly followed behind emma, then rikki and finally cleo.

alexa swam up to the surface and let out a gasp of relief. as alexa and emma caught their breath, they waited patiently for rikki and cleo. soon enough, the two of them swam up to the surface and let out a gasp of relief.

cleo stated, "that was more than twenty seconds."

"oh, relax." rikki waved off. she added, "we made it, didn't we?"

"well done cleo." alexa praised the brunette, "you did it!"

emma added, "i'm proud of you cleo. i knew you could do it."

a loud siren pierced through the night sky and a light was shone on the four girls which caused alexa to cover her eyes with her right hand.

"this is the water police. please make your way to the boarding ladder at the rear of the vessel." the voice through the speaker instructed.

"come on." emma said to the three girls.

and with that, the four girls swam over to the boat but cleo took one last look at mako island before she shortly followed the three girls behind.

👑

LAST NIGHT'S EVENTS CONTINUED TO PLAY THROUGH ALEXA'S MIND. she had no idea what happened with the full moon that shone above her and her three friends so she swam all the way to the pool. she stayed there for a few minutes before she came to the conclusion that nothing happened and it was all in her head.

so she left the pool and swam away back onto shore. once alexa arrived onto the beach, she made sure no one was around before she placed her rose-gold 'a' heart locket around her neck which allowed her to turn back into her human form.

alexa stood up and dusted off the sand on her clothes before her phone buzzed in her pocket.

CLEO

emma and rikki are over at my house. meet us there now. sos.

alexa frowned at the message that cleo sent her before she placed her phone in her pocket before making her way to cleo's house. she eventually arrived at cleo's house and made her way inside.

"is there anyone else here?" rikki asked cleo.

"if you consider me being anyone else, then yes." alexa stated as she announced her presence to the three girls who breathed out a sigh of relief.

cleo answered, "well.. excluding alexa, no. dad's at work and my sister and mum are shopping."

alexa sat down next to cleo, "so what's this sos about?" she asked curiously.

"what happened to us." emma replied.

alexa furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "what are you talking about?"

rikki explained to the brunette, "about ten seconds after we touch water, we... we grow these—" she trailed off.

cleo cut in, "and it vanishes when we're dry." she pointed at herself, rikki and emma, "that's the same with you guys, right?"

emma and rikki nodded their heads in agreement whilst alexa shook her head.

cleo looked at the brunette beside her in confusion before she continued, "the tails are like—" she trailed off.

emma continued on with her head down in deep thought, "exactly like—"

rikki concluded, "we look like.. mermaids."

alexa's eyes widen in shock.

emma told rikki, "i've told you before. you're not funny. mermaids don't exist. that's just.. too weird."

alexa didn't blame emma for being rational about this situation. mermaids had been a secret for years as they've stayed hidden away from the human eyes and remained in the ocean where they'd remain safe.

a knock was heard at the front door of the sertori household. alexa turned to look at cleo with a questioning look on her face.

cleo explained to the three girls, "oh no. it's lewis. i forgot. he's helping me with biology today." she made her way to the front door to let lewis in.

alexa remained quiet as the three girls continued to talk about the earlier events that happened to them today. questions began to fill her mind. she was scared of revealing her secret to her friends but now that they were mermaids, was it safe to reveal the secret?

alexa was snapped out of her thoughts when cleo asked lewis, "do you know anything about mermaids?" cleo's question caused alexa to look up in alarm as the three girls eyes went wide in shock as panic began to fill their bodies.

lewis replied, "no, not really."

"ok, sorry, bye." cleo said as she guided lewis to her front door.

once lewis left cleo's house, the three girls stood up from their seats and stared blankly at cleo.

"what?" cleo questioned, noticing the looks of disbelief on the three girls' faces. 

rikki mocked cleo, "'do you know anything about mermaids?'" she exclaimed, "are you crazy?"

emma addressed the brunette, "cleo, this is really serious. if anyone found out about this, we could be in big trouble."

"well maybe.." cleo started before she got cut off by the gilbert.

emma cut the older sertori off, "look, something very strange has happened to us. we don't know how and we certainly don't know why." she turned to look at alexa and stated, "i, however, want to know how none of this has happened to alexa." she interrogated the brunette, "none of it makes sense. if all of this stuff is happening to us three—" she points to herself, rikki and cleo, "then why isn't it happening to you, alexa?"

nerves began to course through alexa's body. she replied anxiously, "i guess i got lucky?" she stated with a question.

cleo pointed out, "you've been quiet for a while."

rikki pushed for an explanation, "what are you hiding, alexa?"

alexa looked at the three girls and realised that there was no way to lie to them. she sighed in defeat, it was time to tell them the truth. a friendship can't be formed with a foundation of lies, "alright, you want the truth?"

rikki remarked, "no we want cookies." she exclaimed, "yes we want the truth."

emma scolded the chadwick, "rikki."

cleo placed her hand on alexa's shoulder and reassured, "it's alright alexa, you can tell us and we won't say anything."

alexa remained quiet as she made her way back to her original spot on the couch. cleo sat beside the rooney girl whilst emma sat on an individual seat with rikki sat on the leg of the chair.

"before i tell you the truth, there has to be no interruptions. i will explain everything and you guys can ask questions at the end, alright?" alexa questioned.

all three girls nodded their heads in agreement.

"alright. so... i'm... actually not like you. the three of you were born human but i.. i was born a mermaid." alexa revealed to the three girls whose jaws dropped at the revelation.

alexa continued, "for years, i've lived underwater with my sisters and my father. we have been living in secret for years. my father... he's king of atlantica which makes me... a princess. i'm royalty to the mermaids in our kingdom and i have this birthmark to prove it." she paused before moving her shirt sleeve out of the way to show the girls her birthmark. on the back of the rooney's left shoulder, there was a minimalist crown there to show her status in the mermaid world.

alexa finished, "so i'm sorry for keeping all of this from you guys. i thought that if someone discovered that mermaids exist then the entire world would find out and it may result in the mermaids' extinction and that's something i don't want to happen to my people and loved ones."

emma assured the brunette, "it's alright alexa. we understand." she said with small smile.

alexa turned to look at cleo and rikki who both nodded in agreement which caused the brunette to smile gratefully at them.

emma continued, "i also have to ask, if you're born a mermaid then how are you human?" she asked curiously.

"this locket." alexa gestured to her 'a' rose gold heart locket, "with this on, i'm human, just like you girls. but the moment the locket is off, i turn into a mermaid."

rikki added, "what about the water thing? does that cause you to grow a tail?"

"no." alexa shook her head, "you guys have the thing with water where you have to make sure that you don't get wet. on the other hand, i have to make sure my locket remains around my neck to conceal my mermaid form." alexa added, "any other questions?"

the three girls shook their heads.

"good." alexa smiled in relief, "just do me a favour and don't tell anyone."

"of course not." cleo chimed in.

"after all, us girls have got to stick together." emma stated with a smile on her face.

"so... does that mean we have to bow down to you and call you 'your highness'?" rikki asked in a half joked yet half serious tone.

alexa laughed then shook her head, "it isn't necessary."

rikki sighed in relief, "oh thank god." which caused the four girls to break into a laugh. getting back onto topic, she said, "there is a way for us to find out more about what happened to us."

cleo looked at her, "how?" she questioned curiously.

"go back in the water." rikki replied like it was obvious.

"no way, not me." cleo denied as she sat down on the red chair.

"i'm going." rikki told the three girls. she added, "i just don't think i should go alone. any volunteers?" she looked at the blonde and brunette in question.

👑

ALEXA DECIDED TO STAY WITH CLEO WHILST EMMA AND RIKKI WENT OUT INTO THE WATER.  the two brunettes decided to go to the juice-net cafe to get a drink. they entered the cafe and alexa was about to walk over to an empty table before cleo grabbed her arm and dragged her over to where lewis was, who was sat by the computer.

cleo noticed the images of mermaids that were on the computer screen. she let go of alexa's arm and questioned in alarm, "lewis, what are you doing?"

lewis explained, "oh, well you asked. so i thought i'd do some research." he placed his glasses on and continued to do more research.

alexa looked at the computer screen and she instantly began to panic. today was not alexa's day at all.

"that's really nice lewis, it's just.. you didn't need to do that." cleo replied as she shook her head.

"i know." lewis responded with a nod, "but i've got way too much time on my hands." he added, "hey, look. i found this really cool stuff."

"so cool." alexa stated nervously as she began to fidget with her locket.

the three friends left the cafe and lewis was currently explaining to the girls about mermaid myths. alexa already knew about this but she had to act like she didn't.

lewis explained to the two girls, "mermaid myths have been around for at least three thousand years."

cleo questioned sceptically, "and people really believed in that stuff?"

"yeah, apparently." lewis replied, "sometimes, they were good omens, sometimes they brought trouble with them."

alexa chimed in, "trouble? what kind of trouble?"

before lewis could answer, a motorcycle revving could be heard. alexa turned around to see someone on a motorcycle with a helmet on so she couldn't identify they were.

"oh no." cleo stated in alarm as she noticed that the motorist was driving towards the three friends.

the motorcyclist stopped a few feet away from the trio and they opened up the face shield revealing brown eyes.

"just ignore him." lewis instructed the two girls.

"how can we ignore him when he's right in front of us?" alexa questioned in exasperation.

"let's go back." cleo suggested as she tugged on lewis' and alexa's arms so they'd follow in her direction as the three turned around and walked back the way they came from. 

alexa could hear the motorcyclist revving up the engine on the motor as she and her two friends walked away when lewis suddenly exclaimed, "watch out!"

alexa turned to see the motorcyclist headed towards the trio so alexa hurriedly ran over to the grass before she could get hit.

"agh!" cleo let out in fright.

"whoa!" lewis replied in shock.

the motorcyclist got off the motorcycle and took off their helmet which showed the motorcyclist was a male. he turned around to face the three friends to reveal that the motorcyclist was zane.

zane bennett enjoyed teasing cleo, emma and lewis. when alexa arrived at the gold coast, he would also tease her to create amusement for himself.

"nervous?" zane questioned the three friends.

cleo, who had a tight grip on alexa's arm, asked, "what do you want, zane?"

zane answered, "my father didn't appreciate having the water police knock on his door." referring to last night's events on mako island.

cleo pointed out, "well, you shouldn't have told me to keep the zodiac."

alexa remained silent throughout the interaction between cleo and zane. she was slowly putting the pieces together that the zodiac was what her and the girls must have used to go further out to sea until it ran out of gas and they had no other option but to paddle to mako island.

"i don't like people making me look bad, cleo. especially chicks like you." zane stated as he slowly took a few steps towards the three friends.

alexa's protective instinct kicked in when zane insulted one of her friends, "don't you dare say that to her, zane." she stated to the bennett firmly with a glare on her face.

"in front of your dad you mean, zane?" lewis corrected with a glare on his face. he taunted the brunette boy, "sounds like you're scared of him."

zane's attention went to lewis. he questioned, "you think you're better than me, lewis? is that it?"

lewis rephrased, "almost everyone is better than you zane, live with it."

lewis' words angered the bennett boy as he strode towards the trio until he's a few feet from them. alexa and lewis stood in front of cleo as a barrier as they didn't want her to get hurt.

"tough guys. got yourself not one but two protectors, have you, cleo?" zane taunted the older sertori, "you and whose army?" he chuckled, "it's not gonna do you any good. you know, one of these days, with or without lewis and alexa, something really bad might happen to you—"

he got cut off when water was suddenly shot right at him which caused him to fall backwards as he collapsed onto the floor. he let out, "whoa!" before he crashed into the ocean.

alexa's jaw dropped at what just happened to zane. she knew that she didn't do that. she may have powers but she can control them. alexa turned to face lewis and cleo who were equally shocked at the scene that had just unfolded right before their eyes.

cleo grabbed onto alexa's arm and tugged her away as they fled the scene, leaving lewis to remain speechless at the scene.

👑

CLEO INFORMED THE ROONEY HOW SHE WAS THE ONE WHO CAUSED THE SCENE WITH ZANE. they both decided to inform emma and rikki of their recent discovery as the two blondes decided to go out into the ocean to test out their mermaid abilities. the two girls rushed down emma's street where alexa could see the two blondes making their way inside the gilbert household.

before the two blondes entered the gilbert household, cleo called out, "wait!" which gained the attention of rikki and emma, "you will never believe what just happened" cleo said out of breath as she dragged alexa over to rikki and emma. she let go of alexa's arm and guided the three girls inside emma's house.

the four girls sat on emma's bed so that cleo could demonstrate her recent discovery to emma and rikki. she got a glass of water and placed it on the desk before she sat on a chair a few feet away from the glass of water. she raised her left hand towards the glass of water and spun her hand gently which caused the water to grow from the cup, "and it grows even more." cleo stated.

the three girls stared at the water tentacle in shock as it continued to grow taller and taller.

"where's the extra water coming from?" rikki inquired, her eyes fixated on the water tentacle.

"i don't know." cleo answered as she stopped doing her hand gesture which caused the water tentacle to fall onto emma. 

alexa's protective instinct kicked in once again as she used freeze breath to freeze the water tentacle. however, emma held up her right hand to protect herself from getting wet but instead, she froze the water tentacle with her hand.

"did i do that?" emma questioned with surprise evident in her tone as she was slowly processing what just happened.

"it wasn't me." cleo replied as she shook her head.

alexa chimed in, "i kinda helped. i also forgot to mention that i have powers which are heat and freeze breath as well as telekinesis." she said with a sheepish smile on her face, "i probably should've told you guys."

"ok. this is over the top. i'm getting tingles now." rikki stated in awe. she was beginning to love this mermaid situation more and more as her excitement began to course through her veins.

emma, who was recovering from almost getting hit by the water tentacle and discovering her power, replied, "all i did was—" she repeated the action again by holding her right hand out to the water of her flower in a vase which instantly froze which caused the four girls to exchange a smile.

rikki did a spider man hand gesture on her right hand towards the frozen water that emma froze only to realise that nothing worked. she switched to a different hand gesture where she used both her hands and pushed outwards only for nothing to work. she questioned, "not fair, why don't i get to do the cool stuff?"

alexa reassured with a soft smile on her face, "you'll find your power soon, rikki."

cleo corrected rikki, "i don't think 'cool' is the word. it's scary." she added with a cheeky smile, "but you should've seen the look on zane's face."

alexa added, "cleo's right, zane's face was completely priceless." which made cleo and rikki laugh.

emma doesn't laugh but stated in a serious tone, "this isn't funny. we've got to keep this a secret. from everyone. we could end up dissected, or in the circus or something."

"emma's right." alexa chimed in, "no one can know that we're all mermaids. this is our secret."

"so.. this secret, it's just between the four of us?" cleo questioned.

emma nodded her head, "our secret. our responsibility. whatever happens, we're in this together." she said which caused alexa and cleo to nod their heads in agreement.

rikki joked, "this doesn't mean we're married, does it?"

"now that was actually funny." emma replied to rikki.

👑

AUTHOR'S NOTE: i love protective alexa. she is definitely the mom of the group. with cleo being shy, emma being rational and rikki being sarcastic out of the group, alexa definitely balances the three girls. i hope you all have a great day ! :)

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

117K 5.6K 44
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
609K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
kilian [21+] De Angelangel

Ficรงรฃo Adolescente

87.9K 529 23
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
578K 51.6K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...