SIERRA ALPHA PRIME: KNOCKING...

By DioneRobinson4

After 40 years have passed, the Earth Conglomerate has decided to colonize Sierra Alpha Prime. Upon arrival... More

PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
Chapter 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 3

3 0 0
By DioneRobinson4

Six Months Later

Earth Conglomerate Military Colonial Base

From the skies of Sierra Alpha Prime, a transport supply ship just arrived at the colonial military base, now called Spearhead Forward Operating Base. Once landed, General Jackson and Lt. Major Mason exit a ship with a two-platoon of soldiers. Brigadier Major Talbot met general Orlando Jackson. Talbot and the troops he commanded saluted General Orlando.

"At Ease," General Jackson commended. Brigadier Major and the troops followed his command.

"General, I am here to brief you on our progress on our plans for assault against the traitor Joilee and those savages."

"Hey, watch who you are talking about. That is my sister."

"Lt. Major, at ease!"

"Yes, sir!" Mason replied as he trimmed Talbot.

"Mason, make sure the troop unloads the UAVs, droids, vehicles, and equipment unloaded.

"Yes, Sir!"

"Brigadier Major briefed me in the command center!"

Once Jackson and Talbot arrived at the command center, they went through an airlock that pumped fresh oxygen into the chamber. Once the safety light went from red to green, they removed their exosuit helmet.

General Talbot reveals himself to be a 61-year-old caucasian male. He was clean-shaven with silver hair and gray eyes.

"So tell me what is going on here, Brigadier Major. I have read your report about your prior engagement with the native. I find your contact methods with the natives disturbing."

"What do you mean?"

"Your hostility towards the natives of the planet is disturbing."

"Sir, I am sure our hostility is nothing more than self-defense. We have countlessly tried to shut down the weapon that keeps us from expanding our population here."

"It's not self-defense when we are trespassing on their world."

"Sir, I have an order to shut that weapon down by any means necessary for the greater good of the human race."

"There is no such thing as the greater good when victory is one by ill means. We will take a peaceful approach to Alien human relations from this day forward. You are relieved of duty, and you will head back to the Ragnarok for debriefing."

"Sir, you can't do that! I had orders from the last General before he was killed."

"Your orders have been received. The supply ship leaves at 300 hours,"

General Talbot has a smug look on his face

"Sir, yes, sir!"

Two days later, General Jackson listened to a video log of the report and studied the terrain where Talbot encountered the natives. General looks at the bodycam footage of the battle against Joilee. General could not believe his eyes. Joilee has not aged 40 years. "Damn, you look just as beautiful the day you left me!" Orlando replied.

The thought of Joilee rekindled Orlando's memory. He remembers how they used to spar in training and made love. Suddenly, Orlando's memory lane was interrupted by a video call chime. Orlando pressed a button. The screen revealed that it was his wife, Dr. Yelena Jones.

"Hey, baby girl, what can I do for you," Orlando smiled.

"For one, you can explain why you have not contacted me once you took over command. I have missed you since you left the Ragnarok," Dr. Yelena stated.

"I am sorry. I have just been briefing myself on the situation that the last commanding officer created. What a fucking mess he has caused."

"Well, don't stress yourself out."

"I won't!"

"Have you been taking your antidepressants?"

"I have!"

"You are a liar. I have been reading your bio signs monitor, and it says you have skipped your medication for two days."

"If you already know, why do you even ask me; when you already have me under observation."

"To see if you will lie to me!"

"You got me. I am sorry, love, I just have been busy...."

"Save the excuse, soldier. You are going to take it now!" Suddenly a medical doid enters Orlando's quarters. The droid opens a compartment, revealing a medical syringe gun."

"You are already on top of it," Orlando replied.

"I am just looking out for my husband. Now take your dosage."

Orlando takes the syringe and injects the concoction into his arm.

"Good!"

"Now get some sleep. Your cortisol and blood pressure levels are rising."

"I will go in a few!"

"Oh, and Orlando, don't let ghosts keep you awake if you know what I mean."

"I won't."

"I love you, Orlando!"

"Love you too!"

Orlando and Dr. Yelena Jackson end the video call.

*****

Flying at low altitude in transport helijets; Orlando, Mason, unit of mixed troops of droids and human soldiers. They are on their way to the location to meet Joilee. Orlando sits with Mason as both are nervous about meeting a long-lost comrade. Orlando's bio signs a monitor display in his exosuit hud. His anxiety levels were high, as well as Masons. Orlando had access to visuals of bio signs of any human troops he commanded. Orlando gave Mason a tap on the shoulder.

"Hey, get your emotions in check, soldier."

"I am trying, sir! Are you nervous, sir," Mason replied.

"That is affirmative. However, we have to check our emotions."

"I'll try."

"If you want, I can have you hold a position on oversight recon. You can watch my back in the sky."

"No way, sir. I need to go with you!"

"Alright! We will be deploying in five clicks away from the target site."

"Why are we deploying that far away?"

"Recon had detected E.M.F. disturbances coming from the temple; our previous troops have attempted to recon. It will knock out our systems if we get too close to it."

"If that is so, why are our droids not affected?"

"I guess it is because the vital hardware is shielding by the lead foil that it's encased, just like our Palmers," Mason replied.

"Anyway, you and a few droids will parry down to the insertion point."

"What about the other dropship?"

"The ship will stay in the sky as reinforcement if Joilee isn't Joilee."

After reaching the deployment area, the dropship hovered in an open field surrounded by the dense jungle. After the pilot scanned the area with thermal and sonar scans. The droids rappelled to the surface first to secure the area; once the droids were in place, Orlando, Mason, and another unit of human troops rappelled to the surface.

Orlando looked around to observe the area. It was a great place to set up a military camp. Orlando staked a beacon into the ground. Orlando radioed back to base to transport supplies, arms, and additional troops.

"Sir, why have you ordered more troops?"

"This is a good place to set up camp. Come on, let's be on our way."

Orlando and Mason took their unit of droids and troops into the dense jungle. Orlando followed the G.P.S. that was marked on his map. The humanoid droids scouted ahead while one of the helijets provided oversight. One of the troops constantly looked as if he had an uneasy feeling.

"What is it first, Lt. Dowells," Orlando asked.

"I dunno. I have an uneasy feeling about this. I feel like we are being watched, sir!"

"That's because we are? Make sure you keep your eyes open."

The droid picked movement on its sonar scan as they continued to their destination.

"Motion Detection, ten feet from our right position," the droid announced. The droid broke formation and followed the sound.

"Where is this stupid droid going! Droid gets back into formation," another of the troop replied. The droid did not follow orders and continued to investigate. The droid ran into the dense foliage.

"Crap, I will get it," the human troop replied as it ran into the bushes.

"Get back into formation, soldiers," Orlando ordered.

The soldier disobeyed orders and followed suit. The soldier and droid disappeared into the alien bushes.

"Shit! all of the units ran after the soldier and the droid.

The soldier and the droid reached where the sound was coming from. They saw a Sierran native female child foraging for food from the plants. The droid pointed a gun.

"HALT!" The droid replied. The soldier caught up with the droid.

"Hey, are you listening to me!"

The child jumped up in fear. The soldier noticed the child and began to approach. Suddenly, an arrow pieces the droid chest where the processor and mainframe are located. The droid is deactivated and falls over.

The soldier panics and points his gun in a different direction as he hears the howling noise. The soldier fires his weapon in multiple directions. The native child runs into the bushes.

The soldier is disarmed as an arrow impales his gun to a tree. The soldier took out a sidearm; he met with a swift palm strike before he knew it. The soldier could not believe what had just happened as the blow was strong enough to crack his armor. The soldier began to lose oxygen which caused him to panic further. As the soldier looked up, he met with a blow to the helmet, cracking the protective AM-III glass visor.

Orlando and his unit arrive late as they see the droid destroyed and the soldier lying on the ground. The unconscious soldier exo-suit gives a warning that his suit is losing oxygen.

Mason and a few other troops kneel to help their comrade while Jackson removes the impaled weapon from the tree. "

"What could have done this," Mason asked.

"Not what! Who," Orlando replied.

Suddenly, the other droids drop as spears pierce their chest cavity, and one droid is decapitated.

Except for Orlando and Mason, all the troops fire their weapon blindly into the bush.

They all are taken out as they laced and drug into the bush. They all scream for help. Orlando and Mason remained. Orlando and Mason go back to back and point their weapons, waiting for a clear shot. They here ruffle to the right of them. What emerged from the bushes was Joilee wielding two blades in each hand. "

"Is this..."

"Yes!"

"The E.G.C. was warned to stop trespassing onto this territory," Joilee replied as she looked up. Joilee was wearing alien pelt-like arms.

Suddenly Joilee fiercely attacks Mason and Orlando, catching them off guard. Joilee rushes Orlando and Mason attempting to strike them with the blades. Both Mason and Orlando use Mag Krave to disarm her. However, Joilee was more dangerous than unarmed. Joilee manages to land a couple of blows on two of her opponents. However, Mason and Orlando plead for her to stop. Joilee continued her advances with punches and kicks. Joilee managed a leg sweep on Mason, causing him to fall to the ground.

Orlando gave Joilee a risk grapple; however, Joilee pulled Orlando close to her only to meet him with a palm strike to the chest. Orlando manages to block the palm attack, which only cracks Palmer on his wrist. "

"Fuck it, Joilee, if that's how you want to play it, then let go, big sis," Mason got up off the ground. As Orlando fought with Joilee, Mason grabbed his gun and loaded it with a magazine full of tranquilizers. Mason pointed his gun at Joilee. However, his attempt to subdue his sister was averted when a shining ship went across his face. Mason looked at his pistol, which the barrel severed. Mason looked up and saw an angry Mantiko holding a spear to his face.

Orlando caught a glimpse of Mason being held at spear poinOrlando'so's distraction gave Joilee the upper hand she needed to land stunning blows. Joilee gave Orlando a flying knee to the stomach; that cracked his exosuit stomach plate. The force of the knee was enough to paralyze Orlando temporarily. Orlando fell to the ground gasping for air. Joilee and a female warrior stood over Orlando. The female warrior handed Joilee a spear to give him a finishing blow. Joilee took the spear."

"For your constant trespass into our territories, you are sentenced to death. "

"Joilee, wait. You are making a big mistake. Your brother Mason is here."

"Stop with the lies."

"I am not lying," Orlando manages to sit to his knees. Orlando removed his helmet. "

"Look into my eyes. And see that I am telling the truth."

Joilee stared into the 60-year-old Orlando. The way that he looked at her was full of admiration and sadness. "

"Orlando, it really is you?"

"So you are telling the truth," Joilee looked over to Mantiko and Mason. Mason removed his helmet, showing an older version of himself. "

"Mason, is it you? You two have gotten old."

"And it looks like you have not aged a day," Orlando replied.

*****

After establishing some sort of diplomacy, Joilee talks with Orlando and Mason. Mantiko keeps his distance as he does not trust the Terrans. As mixed personal of E.G.C soldiers and the Quexamatill keep a parameter. Orlando debriefs Joilee trying to find answers about her experience on Sierra Alpha Prime. However, Joilee is secretive as she tries to protect the secrets of the Sierran Natives. They all sit around a fire to keep warm from the dropped temperatures.

Mason and Orlando are amazed to see the woman thought dead sitting in front of them alive. Once having short auburn hair not, it flows to the middle of her back. Many trinkets hold her hair in place as it is braided into a ponytail. The clothes she wears are light in weight but adjust to the planet's climate.

"Wow, Joilee, I can't believe it. You are alive," Mason replied.

"Yeah, and you have grown up. I am glad you took your VR training seriously.'

"If I didn't, I am quite sure you would have kicked my ass."

"You are damn right. How are mom and dad?"

"They have died twenty years ago."

"Ten years ago, how can this be. How?"

"Joilee, how did you manage to survive," Orlando replied.

"Thanks to Quexmatil, they have taught me everything."

"You stayed with these aliens all this time."

"There are no aliens and no! I met other tribes across this world!"

"You actually journied this world?"

"Yeah!"

"Do you still have it?"

"Yes."

"We need to see it."

"No!"

"What do you mean no?"

"I don't want the E.G.C knowing where the other tribes are?"

"SIs, the recon you gather can help our people."

"I said, Mason."

"Fine! You still need to report in for debriefing."

"I am not going, and that is final!"

Joilee got up and stormed off. Mantiko glares a look at Orlando and leaves with Joilee.

"Joilee, comeback, let's talk about this," Orlando replied. Orlando tried to follow suit, but two Quexamatil warriors stood in his way.

"Sir, let me talk to her."

Mason attempted to approach Joilee, but he was also blocked by the warriors. However, Joilee uttered words in the Sierran language to allow Mason to approach her. Mantiko stood in Mason's way until she vouched for him that he was her brother. Still, Mantiko was not as trusting; he gripped his dagger tighter. Mason knew not to test Mantiko, for he would surely lose in hand to hand combat.

"Sis, what is wrong. Don't you want to come home with us?"

"Mason, don't you get it. I am home! Look around you. This planet is peaceful."

"Are you sure that is it? I mean, you have been out of contact with humans for nearly 40 years."

'"For me, it ten!'

"Yet, ten years you have been alone."

"I have not been alone. Look around you. I have family here."

"Joilee, I am your family," Mason replied. Joilee closes her eyes and sighs; before smiling at Mason.

"Indeed you are."

"Look, can you at least consider it? I mean, you are a fucking hero."

"I am no hero. Just a lucky woman that manages not to get herself killed."

"It's been that tough here, huh!"

"Somewhat!"

Joilee eyes started to tear up. Joilee quickly wipes her eyes.

"Anyway, let's talk about you. Do you have a girlfriend, wife, or kids?"

"As of right now, there is no one in my life."

Joilee light punches Mason in the shoulder and smiles at him.

"What's the matter? Can't find a girl," Joilee teased.

"Oh, I can find a girl."

"Oh, what are you a ladies' man?"

"No, there is one I am interested in. I just haven't had the nerve to approach her."

Joilee again lightly punches mason in the shoulder.

"Grow some balls! You can't let the military be your only life."

"I will do!"

"Look, Mason, I won't go back to Earth, but I'll think about talking to an ambassador here on this planet."

"Okay!"

"Meanwhile, tell the EGC to stop trespassing on the Quexamatil land."

"I'll deliver the message.

The next morning, Joilee and her tribe are preparing to head back to the Quexamatil village. Joilee gives Mason and Orlando a warning about wandering around on the planet. Joilee did not want the military wandering into Oxuna territory. Orlando once again pleaded for Joilee to report in for debriefing. Joilee said nothing; however, she now keeps an open mind after talking with Mason.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 12.2K 52
"Welcome to our home planet, I hope you want to stay!" Space can be a lonely place. (Y/N) was on a mission to find new life in space, but found more...
271 7 18
In the distant future, the Earth's biosphere is on the verge of ecosystem collapse. Nations plotted against each other using advanced weapons of mas...
202K 25.7K 82
Centuries after an asteroid smashes into a star ship, the inhabitants must learn to survive space without technology or perish. Join princess Airome...
789 89 77
The Array consisting of twelve habitats plus the central command ship, had been traveling through space for thousands of years on their way to a new...