fools » lee donghyuck (SLOW U...

By delightkyun

when a misunderstanding costs two people the friendship they spent years building, it'd be hard to get them t... More

please read
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

16

296 14 5
By delightkyun

༊*·˚ fools

thursday evening hyerin was at her desk in her own world thinking of the pros and cons of attending renjun's party and it went as follows. pros: get out of the house; see some new people. cons: donghyuck. pros didn't weigh out the cons but she still wanted to go. donghyuck's presence couldn't deter her from having, potential, fun in life.

so, she did the next best thing and confided with her uncle who was in his office with jeju on the chair opposite.

"can i have your opinion on something?"

"of course, always." he put his pen and the papers he was writing on down.

"jaemin invited me to a party renjun's hosting and he discussed with the others. they all wanted me to go apart from jeno and donghyuck. the problem is, i know that if i show up donghyuck's going to start something and i don't want to ruin the night."

and he told her exactly what she thought he would.

"i think you should go."

she did the bread smile still uncertain.

"don't restrict yourself just because donghyuck is at some place. with that logic, you shouldn't even be attending school since you're both in the same class. besides, i know you can put him in his place."

she snickered. "you sure display a lot of confidence in me."

"because i know you. if you need me to drop you off then give me a shout on the day and i'll do the honours. i haven't seen those kids in a long time."

"and you're not going to see them. we're not friends, they just invited me to their party."

he grinned. "baby steps, hyerin, baby steps."

she blinked then rolled her eyes and walked out going back upstairs to watch some videos she kept on her watch later that kept piling up.

just before bed, she opened the messaging app and texted jaemin.

hey
is the party invite still up?

he responded four minutes later.

ofc

she replied as soon as she received it.

then i wanna go

his reply was almost instantaneous.

good (:
i'm glad you've decided to come
i'll tell the others
c u tomorrow

she didn't even reply and instead put her phone down going to sleep.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"you're going to the party?"

"you guys weren't invited?" she raised a brow.

"i'm pretty sure it's open house but we didn't get an invite, no. of course we aren't as special to them as miss moon hyerin." myunghee did one of those curtsey bows. "but i'm not going."

"neither am i. i have something else to do."

"what else do you have to do? all you do is play basketball and game," myunghee pointed out.

here we go...

"what are your hobbies then? other than waiting for your faves to have a comeback so you can spend your money on them and stream the music video?"

hyerin just looked away as she smiled at their bickering. if you didn't know them personally, hearing this would make you think they were enemies when in fact they would drop everything if the other needed help.

"for the record!" myunghee spoke up. "i do have hobbies i just-"

"good morning!"

hyerin turned to look at kiya who'd approached them with a smile and a binder hugged her chest.

myunghee composed herself, "hi."

"did i barge in on something?"

"no, just tom and jerry bickering as per usual," hyerin explained. "how are you?"

the four walked in together and sat in an empty cafeteria table before the first bell rang so they headed to their individual classrooms.

another day.

already exhausted, hyerin pulled back her chair and plopped down putting her head on the desk for a few minutes. at least it was friday.

the day went pretty quickly and, after school, the group went for another karaoke session as four – this time including kiya. right after, they went to grab something to eat as they walked her to her bus stop since she had an earlier curfew than the others and they walked around for a bit.

"do you have cigarettes on you?" myunghee questioned to dongmin.

he fished them out from the inside of his blazer and she took one, lighting it up with the hello kitty lighter she kept around. dongmin did the same and passed it over to hyerin who slipped one out.

"we should plan a vacation. the three of us, just before we all go our separate ways for university," myunghee commented. "thoughts?" she exhaled the smoke and looked at the two friends in front of her.

"i don't see why not."

"i'm amazed you actually want me to participate in something with you," dongmin mused.

"shut up."

he pouted nodding then looked away. "yeah, now that sounds more like you."

"where do you plan on going?"

myunghee thought. "how about some place in europe?"

"paris?"

"no... i mean, i want to but everyone goes to paris. someplace in greece?"

hyerin shrugged. "i've never been."

myunghee's eyes lit up. "monaco?"

dongmin chuckled. "our parents have money but do you think we have enough to stay in monaco?"

"dubai?"

at that point, they were just throwing out random names of cities.

dongmin treaded on the remains of his cigarette. "we can sort it out sometime later, let's go home."

they walked all the way back to get into his car then he drove to the train station so hyerin could take the train home and they went their own ways.

"good evening, kiddo."

hyerin closed the door behind herself. "hey, did you see the message i left?"

"yes, i did."

she slipped off her shoes.

"did you have fun?"

she nodded. "tons. but now i have to do my homework."

"i was thinking of what to make for dinner, you got any ideas?" her uncle questioned.

she thought for a little. "kimchi jjigae?"
(kimchi stew)

"gotcha."

"do you need help?" she questioned.

he waved a hand. "no, no, no, no, you go do your homework then i'll call you down."

she trusted him to not burn up the kitchen so she went to focus on her homework for a little while before dinner.

"any news on the dog adopting?" she asked him as they sat down opposite each other.

"actually, yes." he slipped his phone out of his pocket and showed her the pictures he took of the dogs he'd seen. "the problem is that they've all been trained and are mostly over three years old."

hyerin only got sadder at every dog he showed because they seemed to have been there for a long time and get excited by any form of human contact.

"i'll keep looking when i can." he slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"me too. i'll see what i can find."

<3
fun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 463 26
Two completely different people, who fell in love but life always tore them apart. One fight and mistake led to another sad memory. How will they cle...
326K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
31.7K 1.3K 29
⟨A Markhyuck Fanfiction⟩ [In which Mark Lee doesn't hate Lee Donghyuck as much as he thought he did.] -Enemies to lovers au Trigger warnings are to b...
9.4K 221 67
two best friend encounters something they wish they didn't. But afterwards began to accept it.