⚜Liberty or Death: Fallen Ang...

By kanzakiciel

"Once one has rejected faith, it is impossible to pass through the Gates of Heaven." A silky, sultry voice ec... More

Ch. I: prólogos [prologue]
Ch. II: Archí [Beginning]
Ch. III: I synántisi [The meeting]
Ch IV: Klironomía [Inheritance]
Ch. V: Paraskeví [Preparation]
Ch VII: Chónkouart [Hogwart]
Ch VIII:Taxinómisi [Sorting]

Ch VI: Occurrens [Meeting]

2.3K 125 17
By kanzakiciel

The Malfoy and Black families could barely hide their disgust of the Potters, the blonde lady looking at Rose's behavior in open distaste. Of course, it wasn't long before the Potters saw them too. Sirius and Remus were the first his eyes connected with. Then Hadrian, with an immediate increase of interest. Then finally the Malfoy's.

When Lily spotted them her eyes were only on Hadrian. She looked like someone had slapped her in the face, and was extremely glad about it. "Harry?"

"Hadrian is the name...do I know you?" Hadrian questioned coldly, obviously knowing who they were already. The Malfoys look at him with glee over Hadrian's passive aggressive tactics.

Lily was about to bolt over to him, but James held her back with a first grip of the arm. His eyes went back and forth between Sirius and Remus. "So, you elected to abduct our child? You traitors."

Hadrian handled the comment instead of his godparents. "They didn't abduct anyone, I came to them willingly. And I'm more their son than I've ever been yours. You abandoned me for five years, they rescued and cared for me for six. It's you who are the traitors."

"What do you mean by that?" James asked with indignation. Lily appeared wounded by her son's words. "We did what we did to protect you. They are endangering you. Come on Harry, come home with us."

"He is not going anywhere with you." Sirius barked with ferocity. "He's our son."

James erupted at his ex-best friend. "Black! I will slaughter you where you stand! He is a Potter! He's my son!"

Sirius raised his eyebrow. "Then where were you for eleven years...daddy. I bet you've only just found out he's been gone. We've raised him for six years against your knowledge, because that is what's best for him."

"You ingrate" James insults him.

"Daddy?" A little girl's voice chirps up, cutting into the back-and-forth shouting match between Black and Potter. Rose walks closer towards the strangers. "What do you mean he's your son?"

"Rose, I would like you to meet your twin brother, Harry. Harry, this is your sister, Roseanne." James introduced, still red-faced but calmer.

"It's Hadrian. Sir." Hadrian gritted his teeth, looking at him darkly. "It's a displeasure to meet you."

Rose looks down on him with a sense of entitlement, before nodding her head. "Not nice to meet you either."

Hadrian smiles emptily, the kind of smile that gives chills and induces fear. "Do not worry, we have the same parents. That's my only connection to you. Let's keep our distance, okay Heiress." He points out the last title to her with contempt.

Rosie took this badly and became angry. "What?! You can't speak to me like that! You're just jealous that Mummy and Daddy love me way more than you!"

Hadrian only raises his eyebrows, finding her response too stupid to worth him replying to. Malfoys look at her just as distastefully. Her attitude wasn't punished, James scolds Harry instead. "I know that this is a shock to you, but you will not direct your jealousy towards your sister! She's innocent in all of this! Apologize!"

"And why should I? I am not jealous of her, not when I am the Heir of the Black House." Hadrian says to the Potters before looking at her with cockiness. "We'll see who loves who more, and I'm not talking about them."

He points at his so-called biological parents. Then at his godparents. "Do your parents love me as much as mine?"

Rosie goes red in the face, fuming in anger, mirroring her dad who scowled just as deeply. They were definitely father and daughter. "You insolent little..."

Hadrian straightens his robe before stepping out from the chair. "I've changed my mind Amanda. I'll buy some clothes another time." Madam Malkin shakily nods at his cold gaze. Green eyes like poison, locking onto her but not aimed for her.

He turns to the Potters, the poisonous eyes growing even colder. "I am not a saint, or the innocent child you think I am. You will find out just who you're dealing with at Hogwarts. As this is the first meeting, I'll leave without fuss. But as first impressions go, I cannot stand the sight of you. Lady Potter, Lord Potter, Heiress Potter. Good day to you."

Hadrian dipped his head in respect to the Malfoys, "It was a pleasure to meet with true family, I wish we could talk more in better circumstances. Draco, l'll see you on the Hogwarts express, and I hope we can be friends."

Draco smiled "sure... I'd like that. I can introduce you to the others, I know we're gonna become great friends."

Hadrian dipped his head before turning his heel and walking away, joined by Sirius and Remus. The two adults put themselves between Hadrian and the Potters, whilst they passed beside them.

The Potter's family were perplexed at how smooth Hadrian could talk and carry himself. But mostly they threw acid looks at them. Even Lily, though hers were directed at only the two male adults.

Sirius looks up from the door to connect warm eyes with the Malfoys. "Cissa, Lucius, see you at the station. You too Draco."

With warm waves in response, the Black trio left the shop.

They get further down the street, away from the Potters' view. Then Hadrian breaks his composure to silently staring up at the blue sky. Tiny, human tears in his eyes.

Remus immediately embraced him tightly ignoring, how he flinched and stiffened. Warm magic bled through him, making the boy melt in his arms.

It is bittersweet to know they can't hug the boy without magical assistance, but at least they could with it.

If he was angry or lost to them completely, Sirius and Remus could not touch him whatsoever. Magic assistance would do nothing. How thankful they were that he was only sad for the moment.

"Let's finish up... And then, we can go home." Remus says, earning a confirmation hum from the boy in his arms

....

The trio enter Ollivander's Wand Shop, Hadrian looking the most enthused out of the three. He looks around in marvel, taking in the view of the oddly stacked wand boxes. Piles that defy laws of physics, like psychics even have a place in the Wizarding world. He was heavily distracted, right up until he saw Mr. Ollivander creep round the corner of one of the aisles behind the counter.

With a glassy look that pinned many, but unwavered Hadrian, the wandmaker said his welcome."I wondered when I would be seeing you, young Prince."

"Greetings to you too Garrick, and a pleasure it is too for me" Hadrian greeted him with a warm smile,"You haven't been lauding my title around in public have you..."

"Of course not...Mr Potter-Black" Mr. Ollivander says evenly, already excited about delving into his fine wand selection. He kept his back to Hadrian as he spoke, though the boy felt no disrespect was shown. A man's passion overcame himself, and that was something Hadrian could understand.

"Hmm...I think an ancient species of wood is certain to work. The shorter lengths ought to be better. But your core...that is tricky" Ollivander deliberates whilst Hadrian kept his eyes busy, scanning the room.

"Chestnut will be a good place to start...Chestnut and phoenix feather" Ollivander returned with a reddish brown wand, so smooth and polished in the hand. He hands it to Hadrian,who automatically performs the Lumos charm.

Nothing breaks, nor does anything else peculiar happen, but both Hadrian and Ollivander know that the wand isn't for him.

Hadrian keeps trying multiple wand woods, with the additional changing of core, but nothing matches. Hadrian was just becoming irritable when Mr. Ollivanders eyes sparkled with realization. "I've been looking at this all wrong."

He rushes off to the back, sounds of discarded items and boxes confirm his intense search. Finally he rushes back to the counter where Hadrian meets him on the opposite side. "Holly...nine inches...phoenix feather...here, try it."

Ollivander gave Hadrian the wand and the result was immediately discernible. Hadrian gasped as magic flowed like blood, up and down his arm. From an observer's view, you could make out his glowing emerald eyes, brightly reflecting and swirling like a whirlpool.

"How curious" The wandmaker mutters to himself, but the boy's ears catch it.

"What's so curious?" Hadrian asked, eyes narrowed and scrutinizing the old wand maker. He dared the man to show him disrespect.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold. And as it so happens, the phoenix whose tail feather resides in your wand, has a brother. It is curious that you were destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar" Mr Ollivander informed him, pointing to where his scar was hidden behind the boy's glamour.

"The wand chooses the Wizard young Prince. It's not always clear why but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Some would say terrible, but undoubtedly great."

Hadrian provides a warm smile to Mr. Ollivander, beholding the wand like a precious artifact.

"I know. He expects great things from me, soon our brother wands will be reunited, with the same cause. I leave nothing to chance, and our future shall be great no matter what. For we both can't live without one another." Hadrian declared.

Mr. Ollivanders face is filled with pride. "Then one can not wait to see what kind of world you create together. The devil in disguise will thwart you every step of the way, so be careful.'

Hadrian draws out the right amount of coins and exchanges them with Ollivander, a determined smile partnering his farewell gesture. "I know...have a good day, Garrick."

Right before Hadrian could step out from the store, with Sirius and Remus following, Mr. Ollivander spoke out again. This time with words of the old language. "If you're ever in need of advice, if you feel stuck and don't know where else to turn, come back my way and let an old man grant you his wisdom."

Hadrian looks pleasantly at the old man, so old and wise. "Yfel hêrespel" [I will]

Hadrian stores Ollivanders words away to reflect on later, but the next port of call was the menagerie. Hadrian made sure he kept his wand safely tucked in his storage rune located on his wrist. Once again, he was eternally grateful for a home like Camelot Castle, more specifically the library. The Pendragon's had an abundance of books, a plethora of knowledge you could only know about by spending time there.

And this seal is a direct extraction from one of the many complex runebooks. This rune in particular acted as storage, opening up a small empty void in another dimension, sealing it off to become his private dimensional space. The more he stores through his wrist, the bigger the void grows.

Merlin had great hopes that one day Hadrian would become a Magecrafter. That he could invent the world's greatest feats of magic, be a revolutionary who's name will never be forgotten. He remembers when Merlin told him about being a young Slytherin student, who was struggling so hard to find a favourite subject. He decided to incorporate them all, and hence Merlin later made a creation of his own.

The creation of Magecraft.

Runes, Arithmancy, crafting spells and charms, with the unappreciated art of Divination. With those skills at your disposal, you can accomplish anything. Merlin understood that, and championed the notion that natural magic forces had spoiled them with inventive and unique base skills.

Skills that Merlin believed ought to be repaid. And so Magecraft was born. Where there were rewards and successes laying in wait, a debt to natural magic would be pending. No single rune created, or spell and charm crafted, could exist without the price being paid.

To properly show gratitude to nature's magic, you had to be aware of historical significance. You had to understand the magic in all creatures and animals, to understand magic at all. You had to show that you understood that life wasn't possible without nature's magic.

Hadrian learnt the secrets of the magical world through Merlin, he refused to have him go out into the world without learning of the fundamental truth about magic.

Wizardry and witchcraft was born from a type of science you had to attune to. If they couldn't harness this power, most humans gave up on it. This is where the divide was created. And it's those times in which magic really was a craft of freedom.

Magecraft made art and perseverance out of magic. Then wizards and witches grew satisfied with emulating, not inventing. And so it turned into something more structured and regulated. People were accepting things the way things were, and stopped searching for the why's and how's. They no longer look for roads that lead them to new paths. Those who did were ridiculed, led to believe that what they are doing is hacking magic, having free reign over laws and regulations.

Magic is an equation. A puzzle to build up not only your magical core, but your brain power too. Magecraft...well, it's hard to say what the different distinctions are. If Magic is music, Magecraft is its swan song. If Magic is a river, Magecraft is what makes water flow. If you practice only magic without the flow, then it won't carry you to further undiscovered waters.

That's what Magecraft means to them.

Hadrian snapped out his thoughts when Remus gently guided him into a slight change of direction. In front him now was the menagerie, of which he almost walked right by without noticing. Hiding his embarrassment, Hadrian entered the animal shop.

Sirius and Remus make a beeline towards the owl section, making Hadrian raise his eyebrows. Sirius quickly handles the top of a silver metal cage, bringing it down from up high with a grin.

"Here..." Sirius beholds a beautiful snowy white owl with beautiful golden eyes. "...Consider it as a gift."

Hadrian leans down to peer in at the beautiful owl. Her name immediately came to him. "Horus..."

"Horus?" Remus quizzed curiously.

"Her name is Horus." Hadrian didn't explain further, just straightened his back then looked at the older men. "Thank you both. How did you know she was the one?"

"Bird as lovely as that, and she hasn't been sold, we couldn't delay. So we reserved her, with half up front" Sirius answered. "Which reminds me, need to pay for the rest, don't we. As well as food and a grooming kit."

Hadrian hugged both the men, who likewise embraced him. Then they all went to pay for their beautiful new friend Horus. Once paid the trio left the menagerie and returned onto the cobbled street. Hadrian released Horus from her cage, and the owl swiftly perched on his shoulder like she'd has years of training.

"Now just the books left to get" Hadrian mentioned out loud.

"Of course. Let's go." Sirius slung his arm around Hadrian's shoulder, taking care to mind the owl on the opposite side.

They go to the bookstore where there is already a crowd of children moving around in there, looking for books and talking excitedly with other children. Hadrian is not feeling much different to them, as he leaves Horus with Sirius and Remus whilst he dashes for the entrance.

Unlike the other customers, he goes straight into the restricted aisle, ignoring all the concerned looks from adults, none of whom were concerned enough to stop him or call out. The people who were already in there acted differently, and Hadrian hated how judgmental they were being.

Hadrian looked around for several moments, but this was seemingly the wrong place to be looking. His interest in the Dark Arts was not something the general public agreed with, not even amongst their highly regulated material. The library in the castle is much more complete, and far more interesting than this shop.

"Anything?" Sirius asked with slight surprise. Remus was fussing over Horus on his raised forearm, feeding him some crushed chestnut.

"Nothing. There is nothing remotely interesting in that shop" Hadrian answered looking forlorn. "I want to go home now "

"Alright Pup" Sirius nodded.

When they return home, they are greeted by Whoopy grimacing at his master's weariness.

"Want some tea Masters Remus, Sirius and Hadrian?" Whoopy asks.

Hadrian hummed. "Yes please. Bring it to the library, then bring my purchases to my room."

"As you wish, sir" Whoopy smiled before apparating.

Remus and Sirius let him leave in a bid to find knowledge he was denied in Diagon Alley. Arriving at his usual spot, he all but flops onto the sofa. In agitation he sweeps all of the stationary by his table onto the stone floor and closes his eyes. His frustration quickly led to drowsiness and before long he was asleep.

He was "awoken" once more by someone on his right side. He looked at them with his fed up eyes, and was greeted by crimson ones. "You did well to hold yourself back. Lesser people would have killed them, including me." Tom commented.

Hadrian stays quiet looking around and realizing he is laid upon grass. Tom was sitting next to him, prodding his bent knee into his chest and propping his chin on top.

After taking note of his surroundings, Hadrian brought his attention solely back to his soulmate. "I try not to, but it might not always be like that" He muttered, before changing subjects."Soon I'll be at Hogwarts."

"Yes. Exactly what you've been waiting for? That spoiled brat Roseanne, along with the heartless older Potter's. And how could one miss out the mighty puppet-master, Albus Dumbledore. I can't wait to see what you are going to do, my little devil?"

Hadrian only remains quiet briefly before speaking, "Take my place in my kingdom, of course. They discarded me because of one man, and his pathetic fearful plight to diminish my potential. This will be the most fun I've ever had, I will let them see their nightmares come true, right before their very eyes. My hate is my driving force."

"Indeed...our place is occupied by cheats and traitors, let's remove them from it." He responds with the delight of bloodlust in his crimson eyes.

Hadrian nodded firmly and darkly, his goals set in concrete. Sharing a tender goodbye with Tom once more, his eyes shut, vanishing once again from Tom's domain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 0 12
╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗ "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." ...
966K 33.3K 89
When Harry got hit by the killing curse, he thought that would be the end of his life. He was happy that he could reunite with his loved ones in the...
448K 9.6K 31
Abandoned by his parents in favour of his twin at the behest of Dumbledore, Harry Potter grows up tortured and tormented by his relatives. And yet Ha...
98.3K 2.3K 44
"Nothing can change the way I feel about you, do you not get this?" I raised my voice and the tears were starting to flow. Harry closed his eyes in f...