A Glimpse of Hope

Galing kay ScarlettJanexx

Did I miss it before? I glanced at the sign on top of the door. I realized this is the area of my supposed c... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

8 0 0
Galing kay ScarlettJanexx

Beautiful.

The scenery of the sky turns from the various hues of orange and red to purple haze and will be turning into dark blue hues. The gradient of many colors painted in the sky signed the sun is about to set is enough to take many breaths away. All four classes that were appointed today have been swiftly finished without any further complication.

Sitting on a bench just outside the entrance hall of my last class to kill time as Maya texted me just a few minutes ago to wait for her when I have finished my class to go and grab dinner with her, by continuing my reading session while taking in the breathtaking view of the sunset. There is not a lit of students running around now as most of them had already ended their class long ago.

Pages after pages were turned, and a shadow suddenly appears in front of me. I looked up and the cold green-eyed man who seem to always find mine lately.

"Why are you still here?" he asked, looking down at me.

"Umm... I'm waiting for a friend" I replied softly.

He sighed, casually kneeling in front of me, looking at my heels. "Is it the same girl with you yesterday?" he asked.

"Wha-what are you doing?" I asked cautiously, raising my guard.

He glances up at me and pulls up a band-aid from his jean pocket. "For the blisters," he said in a boring tone. He then strip my heels of my feet, examining the redness and the blisters that were formed earlier.

"W-wait, I can do it myself" I stuttered, trying to make him stop.

"Shh kitten, calm down and just sit tight. You should have done it earlier if you want to" he murmured, ripping the band-aid open and sticking it carefully on the blisters.

I blushed at the nickname he gave me. "How did you know about the blisters?" I asked quietly, letting him, a total stranger put band-aids on me. If my mom knows this, I'll get a 4-hour long lecture probably.

"It's not that hard to notice when you're fucking limping while trying to walk faster than normal, Kitten," he said with a splash of sarcasm on his few last words as his jaws tightens. "And why the hell did you run? Even worse with heels on" he sighed, trying to calm himself down as he continue putting band-aids on the other feet.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, worriedly.

Why am I worried?

He turned his attention towards me, his hardened facial softened a bit "I'm not mad, Kitten. It's just...never mind" he sighed.

My brows scrunched together in confusion but letting it go for now. "Why are you calling me that? I have a name you know" I stated, scrunching my nose.

He chuckles, and a small smile appears on the corner of his lips. "Well if you don't like it that much, then you should tell me your name."

The little chuckles he made are so nice to hear, warmth on my cheeks suddenly began to intensify, as I soon realise what I had just thought of. "It's Adaline," I murmured, looking down at my now band-aided blister.

My eyes then flutters to his green ones as he remained silent. But the glance began to turn into stares as it is hard to turn away from them. There is something about his eyes that is so mesmerizing, making it hard to look away.

He always puts put a cold stone face, as he doesn't care about anything or anyone, but his eyes gave out a mixture of many unfamiliar emotions that is hard to understand.

"Sorry I'm late Adaline--" Maya came running towards us but stopped when she realized who I'm with. "I can come back later," she said, smiling devilishly.

I looked away immediately, turning my attention to Maya, "N-no, don't leave, you came just in time" I stuttered.

Reece smirked, dimples forming on both sides of his face, and got up from kneeling. Instead of just walking away, he lowers down, moving closer to my ears, and whispers "I'll stick with the Kitten, Kitten."

Without another word, he finally walks away. As soon as he is out of hearing, Maya walks up to me. I immediately got up from the bench turning my attention to her.

"WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?" She asked in shock and excitement.

______________

"And just as I told him my actual name, you arrived. That's it" I stated, finally ending the little storytelling of what happened earlier today, from the glass door incident to the band-aid part to Maya as I twirled my spaghetti meatball with a fork.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very cozy, it is just a few minutes away from the student apartment so it is very convenient. There are not many people around so it is not as loud and crowded, which I enjoyed the most after a tiresome day.

"What do you mean 'That's it, It's everything!" she exclaimed loudly. "The positions you guys were in, and the way you were staring at each other is intensely hot"

I almost choke the last bite of the meatball at her exaggeration. Immediately grabbed the glass of water in front of me.

"Seriously Maya, we're practically strangers," I claimed, placing the glass back in its position.

She smirked mockingly, "Strangers don't touch each other sensually and as hell won't stare at each other the way you guys were" she winked cheekily. "Well, except if you're in a club or something but still!" she shrugged.

Scrunching my brows together, "It's not like that. He's just trying to help"

She chuckles, shaking her head "You're so cute, Adaline. One day you'll understand. Let's get out of here, I'm ready to dive into bed"

Taking the last sip of my drinks, we called the waiter to pay for the bills and head out.

The walk from the restaurant to our apartment was not far, The slightly cold breeze makes the walk much more enjoyable. As it was only half-past eight, there were still people hanging around, laughing and talking to their peers.

As we walk, the weird feeling of being watched that I felt all day came back, unconsciously wrapping my arms around myself, I look around, confirming that people are staring at us.

What is going on now?

I asked myself, feeling the harsh glares and stares around us. I turned my attention to Maya. "Why is this keep happening?" I asked quietly so that only Maya can hear me.

"Loverboy happened, Twitter has been blowing up since yesterday about you guys and what happened on campus today is added to the fuel," she said as she pull the main door of the apartment building.

"What? It's on Twitter?" I asked dumbfounded while waiting for the elevator.

"You didn't see it on Twi-- Adaline Williams. Don't tell me you haven't downloaded the app yet? Instagram?"

Ding

The elevator door has opened and we walked in.

"I did download it, just haven't got the time to make an account yet. Is it really necessary though?"

"Yes, it is! You need to at least try to it in, you promise!" she exclaimed and sighed in disappointment.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I just forgot."

The elevator door opened again on our floor and we immediately headed into our apartment.

She sighed, tossing her bag on the sofa. "Come on, hand it over, I'll make the account for you." she signed to hand over my phone to her.

Fishing for the phone from my bag, I immediately do so, not wanting to get scolded again. "I'm sorry, Maya. Please don't be mad at me. It's just that I'm still not used to this"

"I'm not mad. But going to college together has been our dream since we were kids." she started, as her finger continuously viciously tapped my phone. "We hardly get permission from your parents and we both know why. After many begging and compromising, we need to be extra careful and keep our promise. Okay? I still love you, now stop pouting"

I nodded understandingly. "I promise and I love you too"

To be continued

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.8M 161K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
2.2M 133K 45
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1M 47.9K 28
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases in initial chapters which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the...
2.8M 47K 15
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...