Are We Only Roommates? Venom...

By venomlover_2021

"Oh, hi!" Eddie said cheerfully as he came forwards. "You must be my new roommate!" That's when the person tu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
New Fanfic!

Chapter 2

1.3K 52 53
By venomlover_2021

Eddie followed Venom into the ice cream shop a few blocks down from the college. The chime bells rang as they entered, allowing the lady behind the counter to look up. She greeted them with a nod and a smile.

"Hello," she said. "What can I do for you?"

"We're just looking for now, thanks," Venom replied politely.

"Alright, just let me know if you need anything," the woman said.

Eddie looked around the small shop. It was quite cute with its white walls covered with all the different types of ice cream flavors. There were five tables that could seat at least six people and there were a couple of booths in the back and near to the windows.

"Eddie!"

Eddie's focus was taken away from the shop itself and to the two people who stood waiting for their orders to arrive.

It was Anne and her boyfriend Dan.

Eddie smiled and walked over. Venom followed curiously.

"Eddie, hey!" Anne smiled as she hugged him. "It's been so long! We didn't see each other all summer! How are you?"

"Doing as well as I can," Eddie replied with a sheepish grin.

"Hey, Eddie," Dan greeted, giving him a warm handshake. Eddie took it. He remembered himself just in time and gestured towards Venom.

"Oh! This is my roomate Venom."

"Nice to meet you, Venom," Dan said, putting out his hand to shake that huge one. Venom took it (very carefully Eddie noticed) and smiled as he shook it once.

"Hello," Venom grinned. "You know Eddie?"

"Yeah, we were with each other throughout the entire High school," Anne nodded. "He's a really nice guy."

"Hmm, I bet he is," Venom said with a shit-eating grin down at Eddie. Eddie didn't notice and went on talking with his two old friends.

"So, you guys going to the homecoming event?" Dan asked.

"Oh, yeah," Eddie said, blushing a little in embarrassment. "I don't exactly have anyone to take..."

"It's alright," Anne consoled him. "You'll find someone."

"I hope so," Eddie replied. "What about you, Venom? You gonna take someone special to homecoming?"

"Maybe," Venom replied softly.

"I love how they allow everyone to come," Anne said. "It's nice and let's new people get to know other people that way really fast."

"I agree," Dan said.

"So what are you guys studying?" Eddie asked after a moment of silence.

"Well, I'm going into the medical field," Dan replied. "Looking to be a doctor, you know, helping people."

"I could see that," Eddie nodded and turned to Anne. "What about you?"

"Law and order," Anne replied. "Of course, it won't be an easy task..."

"Hey, now, you're smart, I know you'll do great," Dan interrupted fondly. Anne smiled up at him.

"Thanks, Dan," she smiled.

Venom glanced down at Eddie and saw that his roomate looked sort of sad. Tilting his large black head a little, he gently nudged Eddie with an elbow, forcing him to look up.

"I'm fine," Eddie replied quietly, looking into those large, white eyes for a solid three seconds before dropping his gaze. Venom's eyes furrowed.

"Hmm...." he muttered softly to himself but decided to drop it for now.

Dan and Anne's ice cream came just then, drawing their attention away from the other two.

"You want to check out the flavors?" Venom asked cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood.

Eddie nodded and followed him to the counter.

"Hey, Dan and I are going to head back to campus, if you guys wanna come when you're done ordering," Anne suggested.

Eddie was about to answer when Venom spoke.

"That's kind of you, but I think Eddie and I were just going to hang out here for a while," he replied with a polite smile.

"Oh! Alright. Do you want our phone numbers?"

A few moments later and "See you guys later then," Anne giggled and then she and Dan exited, thanking the store owner as they went.

Venom turned back to glance at Eddie and again saw the same, forlorn look on his face.

"So...have you found any that you like yet?"

After a few seconds of quick observation, Eddie said,

"I'm torn between Triple Chocolate Swirl and Brown Cow."

Venom chuckled.

"They're both chocolate, Eddie," he mused.

"Well, Brown Cow has chocolate chips inside it as well as cake batter, and the other one has chocolate lava cake mixed in with it. I'm having a hard time choosing."

"Why don't get both, then?"

Eddie looked confused.

"Am I allowed? Like, can we get two different kinds together?"

Venom laughed, the deep, rumbling vibration rumbling in Eddie's chest, pleasant and comforting.

"You're so cute," he chortled. "You really haven't been to many ice cream places, have you?"

Eddie just stared stupidly. Did Venom just call him cute?!

Omgvenomjustsaidbewascuteandeddiecouldntthinkbecausehisbrainwasgoingamillionmilespersscondand—

"It's okay, just tell the cashier that you want a scoop of Triple Chocolate Swirl and a scoop of Brown Cow," Venom smiled, teeth gleaming in the light. Then it seemed to grow wider as he added teasingly, "Well....that's if you can even get it out."

Eddie blushed.

"I can speak, it's just that..." he trailed off, blushing harder.

"Yes?" Venom hummed as he allowed his tongue to curl out to lick at his massive bowl of ice cream. Eddie's eyes followed the tip of it, watching in fascination as that long, thick muscle acted as a spoon and pulled back into Venom's hungry, eager mouth. "Don't get distracted, now..."

"Sorry," Eddie replied quickly, wishing he would stop acting like an idiot.

"You're fascinated."

Eddie shrugged.

"I guess, I mean you're not exactly human..." he stuttered. "Kinda wish that I could learn more, y'know?"

"That's why were staying here for a bit," Venom smiled. "Getting to learn more about each other, right?"

"Right."

"Good."

A few minutes later, Eddie and Venom were sitting at a booth in front of the window looking out at the decorative street.

"I like this place," Venom said whimsically as he looked out the window. "It's much more pretty than the place I used to live."

"I believe the correct word you're looking for is prettier," Eddie replied without thinking. "It's "much prettier"."

"Hmm?"

"Oh, sorry. Guess that was my English major kicking in," Eddie grinned sheepishly. "I want to go major in English, more specifically into journalism."

"I can tell," Venom smirked, giving him a playful kick under the table.

"What do you want to major in?" Eddie wondered curiously.

"Criminal justice," Venom said.

"Oh, cool! Is it fun?"

"Apart from the tasers and loud sounds, it's not all that bad," Venom chuckled. "The first time I went into training I held the taser the wrong way and accidentally pulled the trigger."

"Oh-no!" Eddie gasped with a giggle.

"The loud sounds are kind of difficult to ignore," Venom rubbed the back of his neck. "My kind doesn't exactly like high-frequency stuff."

"Hmm. Like, is it all sounds or what?"

"4,000 to 6,000 hertz is lethal," Venom said solemnly.

"Hmm. So, like, what are you, exactly? An alien?"

"You could say that, yes," Venom said with a humored grin. "I am a Klyntar, but most people call my species aliens and less commonly known as symbiotes."

"Symbiotes? Like symbiosis?"

"Yup. If you hadn't noticed, there were some other symbiotes who came to this college as well."

"Really?"

"Three to be exact. Virus, Riot, and Carnage."

"Hmm. I'd like to meet them. I'm interested about this."

"Virus, she'll be fine, but I don't know about Riot or Carnage." Seeing the questioning look on Eddie's face, he went on. "Riot keeps to himself most of the time, doesn't really like talking. Carnage.... he's a demon."

"What does he do?"

"Stay on campus a little longer and you'll find out soon enough," Venom replied.

"Oh."

"But not to worry. There are certain rules for us symbiotes here that we must obey," Venom said, brushing it off. "Don't worry about it."

"So, I'm still on the symbiote thing. Like, why are you guys called symbiotes?"

"We symbiotes like to attach to a few people and take them as friends. Sort of like a security squad, symbiotes don't like being alone. But there is one person in particular that we hold onto in that group. The relationship is sort of like imprinting almost. They become our best friend." He paused and looked at Eddie curiously. "Would you like that?"

Eddie, too busy having staring at Venom's beautiful white eyes, suddenly was jerked back into the present.

"Sorry, sorry, what?" he said, blushing slightly.

"I think I found my answer," Venom said smugly.

"Wait, what answer?" Eddie asked.
Venom pretended he hadn't heard and tossed his empty styrofoam cup into the trash a few feet away. Eddie blinked.

He hadn't even looked! And he had made a perfect basket!

"Wait, how'd you do that?" he gasped in surprise. "Can you teach me that?"

Venom chuckled, amused at the young man's reaction.

"One word, Eddie," he replied, standing up. "Practice."

Eddie hesitated a moment before he also stood and tossed his into the trash can, although his was at close range.

"Well, we have two hours left," Venom said, glancing at his phone before slipping it back into his black denim   pocket. "We could still stay here if you want, or we could drive somewhere else."

"That would be fun," Eddie agreed. "There's a cool place I saw on the way here that I kinda wanted to check out. I don't know if they'll be open, though," he added after a little pause.

"We can still check it out," Venom replied.

"Alright."

"Thank you, Mrs. Chen." Venom called to the store owner as they left, Eddie echoing.

"You're welcome," the woman replied warmly.

As the door shut behind them, Eddie sighed.

"Hey, thanks for bringing me here, and paying for everything," he muttered shyly. The chilly august air made his breath seem smokey and he had to fight himself not to shiver.

"You're welcome," Venom said with a soft smile. His eyes narrowed a little. "Didn't you bring a coat?" he asked.

"Uh....kinda forgot," Eddie said, trying to stop himself from looking like a little baby because of some cold air. "But don't worry, I can—"

"No, I insist. Take it," Venom replied, handing his coat to him. "You're weaker and can't exactly keep your body temperature the same."

"And you can?"

"For a while, yes," Venom said. "Now take the coat."

"But—"

"No buts. You need it."

Eddie could see he wasn't going to win and put the coat on. It was heavy and big, way too big, but it fit.

"It feels like I'm wearing a trench coat," he said with a goofy grin as he stretched his arms out beside him. "The sleeves! Oh, my God! The sleeves!" He wiggled one arm and the empty stretch of fabric that was supposed to be filled easily by an alien dangled uselessly and empty.

Venom's broad shoulders shook with laugher.

"Aww, look at you..." he cooed as if talking to a pet dog. "Having trouble? Poor Eddie..."

"Shut up, it's not my fault you're like nine feet tall," Eddie giggled.

"Nine feet is an exaggeration," Venom smirked. "Although it is a nice compliment."

"What are you? Like, eight feet?"

"Mm. Seven foot six," was the reply. "I'm small for my species."

"Really?" Eddie sounded surprised. "Wow."

"You just think I'm big because your species is so tiny," Venom replied, pulling the hood up over Eddie's head, causing the entirety of it to swallow his roomate's head and face.

"Ahh! Nooo!" Eddie yelped. "I can't see!"

"Peek-a-boo," Venom teased, flicking the hood back so Eddie could see again.

"You're a menace," Eddie muttered but he was smiling.

"Let's go to the car, we don't want to block anyone else's way," Venom suggested.

Eddie followed awkwardly, the coat flapping and billowing around him in the somewhat gentle but crisp wind.

Once they were in Venom's car, Eddie laughed.

"Bro, I can't wear this," he snorted, lifting up his arms and letting the ends flop around dejectedly as he moved them around. "It's too big."

"Nah, it's cute on you," Venom said sweetly. "Don't take it off. I'm going to take a picture of this."

"Oh, yeah? Who you gonna send it to?" Eddie asked.

Venom took the picture and grinned.

"Hmmm.....maybe Anne and Dan," he said mischievously.

"What? Noooo," Eddie replied laughingly as he tried to grab for the phone. Venom chuckled and moved the phone away to a safe place on the other side of his car.

"Oh, don't get so riled up," he growled playfully. "You know you like the feeling of being small."

Shit. Why did he know that about Eddie?

"Yeah, well, maybe stop teasing me and I'll think about letting you send it to them," Eddie replied, trying to hide his not too subtle surprise.

Venom laughed again.

"Deal."

There was a moment of silence as the engine was revved to life and the lights flicked on. Venom reached for the shift but then paused.

"Can I ask you something?"

Eddie, who had been getting quite drowsy from the encasing warmth from Venom's coat, looked up, blinking.

"Yeah, go ahead," he said.

"I don't have anyone to take with me to homecoming," Venom said simply. "And you don't either..."

"That wasn't a question."

Venom chuckled and swatted at the hood, making it fall down over Eddie's face again.

"I know. But this is." He leaned forward a little, and Eddie could hear the slide of leather as he moved. "Am I going to take someone.... special to homecoming?"

Eddie's breath hitched and now he was glad his face was hidden. His face burned and he was so so shy right now.

"You don't have to come with if you don't want to, it's totally up to you," Venom said.

"No. I...I want to go with you."

Venom smirked knowingly and leaned back.

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you, Eddie."

"Hehe. You're welcome," Eddie replied with a goofy, little grin.

"Now...do you want to go back to the dorm or do you want to just hang out out here for another hour?" Venom suggested.

"Well, we kinda need to buy our stuff for tomorrow," Eddie reasoned.

"True. We could stop by that shop you wanted."

"Oh. Yeah, we could."

Venom smiled and tugged back a little bit of the hoodie with one large finger so he could see Eddie's pink face.

Cute..... he thought.

"Ready, Eddie?" he asked. Eddie smiled shyly and wriggled his feet a little in a flustered but happy manner.

"Ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 53 13
This story is between crimeboys duo. Everything is platonic! If there is any tw I'll say it at the start of the chapter. (there's a lot of swearing) ...
85K 3.3K 48
Rated Mature for strong language and sexual themes ~~~ Ana shrieked and frantically shielded her eyes as a very male, very naked man entered the roo...
164K 4K 19
He was a symbiote And she was a girl Can I make it anymore obvious? She's Drake's sister And she fell in love And she couldn't stop herself from...
724 19 11
I shakily reached for his hand and he stood, gently pulling me up with him. My gaze bounced between each of the six eyes on the mask and I got frustr...