Naruto: The Great change

By BestToonAnime

Just after the mission in Wave Country Naruto was alone in the forest near a lake in Village hidden in Leaves... More

INTRODUCTION
Wave Aftermath
Meeting and Mindscape
Unforseen consequences
Explanation
Big Problems, Less Solutions
A bit of this, A bit of that
A surprising revealation
Repercussion of action and daily routine
Start of Training
New discovery, Long Reach
New Jutsu & Truth of "that"
Training: I
Training: II
Training: IV
Training: V
Training: VI
The Crimson Four-Leaf Clover
The Crossroads
The Crossroads II
The Crossroads III
We all make mistakes
Hey guys!
Renewed vigor
Very Important Information
Back in ACTON
Rasengan and Elementals
Training continued
The birth of mysterious Shinobi
Happy Diwali
Aftermath
Shikamaru's doubts and a summon
Foxes, Sasuke and a start
The mission
Happy New Year
The next 'Level'
Naruto Dies
Is it over? It is.
Take a moment to appreciate
The twin missions and God Arc begins
Naruto's past and Jin's origin

Training: III

1.4K 37 4
By BestToonAnime

Yo.
_________________________________________

One could easily deduce that his 5 elements were responding to him while he was trying to bond with his Chakra. Suddenly debris on the ground started to defy gravity as they slowly flew up in the air vibrating wildly. The chakra was carrying them no doubt. Some of the rocks crumbled under the sheer pressure of chakra. The wind started to howl while lightning seem to be crackling now. Good thing they were here in Naruto's dimension or else ANBUs and Hokage would have panicked from the amount of chakra Naruto was releasing. Of course it was just on the surface. He had far..... far more than that.

Some time later,

Naruto groggily opened his eyes. What happened? Oh right. He met a freak who oddly enough looked like him and he was chained and tortured. He freaked out which would be an understatement. And suddenly he felt warmth & love and a waterfall came out of nowhere which transformed into a dragon and carried him. Pretty normal right.
.
.
.
.
.
NO. IT'S NOT.

Now,

So what was happening? Right. Naruto saw the dragon in front of him. He was looking at Naruto, his yellow eyes shining. There wasn't even eyeball in his eyes. Just shining yellow eyes. Beside him was a similar dragon however it was yellow in colour or more like golden with shining blue eyes.

"Uhhhh....." Confusion was evident in his voice. Naruto didn't even knew where he was. He neither felt hot nor cold. He neither was hungry nor thirsty. It was a different feeling. Like he was feeling content. Satisfied in his power. He could feel his own blood and chakra passing through him. However what unnerved him was the eyes of the two similar looking dragons. They felt like they were looking deeper at him or more like into his soul. Eyes were window to soul if one could read them properly that is. It felt like they are omnipotent. They know everything. About him, about his likes, dislikes, his darkest secrets, etc. Well, Naruto has to be a bit confident in order to get some answers.

"So....-" He stared at both of them for a bit. "- do I know you???" He raised an eyebrow. If possible, Naruto would have liked to touch them. He doesn’t know but he feels like he knows those two dragons.

The dragons as if understanding him bowed closer. Naruto who was alerted at first bought his hands together in cross form to guard himself. But then he saw that the dragons who were supposed to attack him, (according to him) were bowing down. As if his body knowing what to do, he raised both of his hands to touch the heads of the dragon who were bowing.

As soon as he touched their head, he was assaulted by the warmth and closeness of them. They have a bond.... not a strong one but there is nonetheless. This was pure. This was innocent. This was naïve. This was....
.
.
.
Chakra. His eyes widened in realisation. So this was his chakra. Warm & bright. He felt like he could stand and hug them forever. Being engulfed with them, it was a different form of warmth. Like that of both father and mother. Strict and loving at the same time. He let his hand roam around their bodies. Smooth. Too smooth. It was great. They were Chakra dragons if that was anything to scoff at. But they felt solid. Hmmm......

Outside,

Naruto was giving out soft ripples of chakra out of his body. Like small pulses travelling through the air faintly shimmering. Good thing he was not in Konoha or Danzo or Jiji would have noticed. ANBU are a pain in ass. They were strong and overwhelming. And by that Naruto meant the chakra pulse coming out frequently from the young Naruto's body. In a pattern after every few seconds. As it should be. Being the reincarnation of Asura, an Uzumaki and as the child of the prodigious Minato Namikaze, young Naruto like himself has alot of untapped and untamed potential. Enough to take on the 5 Kage and defeat them without Kurama.

He's doing good. Kurama snorted amused by his progress. It was great. Naruto has to agree. But with powers come responsibilities. You can't give out powers for free, you know.

Naruto hummed in approval. Kurama was right. As much as Naruto wanted his young counterpart to achieve his dream of being Hokage he cannot decline the fact that too much power makes a person blind. He himself knew this because of his addiction to the powers of Nine-Tails chakra. Not to mention he saw how Sasuke was jealous of his power and how addicted he was to Orochimaru's powers. With powers come responsibilities. It was because Jiraiya instilled his teachings of peace and order that Naruto never went stray. He has to do the same for young Naruto. Not only he has to make him stronger but also responsible. The way he was getting stronger was astonishing.

Well beside the part of teachings Shadow Clones did well, don't you agree? Gyūki said as he considered the Shadow Clone training. They had many more effects. And what, precisely, did that mean for Naruto’s brain development? He thought. He was effectively experiencing exponentially more hours in the day than usual. Which meant that all of that experience, all of the decision-making and critical thinking and mental processing, was making him mature faster.

"I quite agree. But how can I instill maturity in him?" Maturity in ninjas came from doing dark and heinous missions. When they realise the horrors of the Shinobi World slowly and painfully. And Naruto was not mature. Not enough. Even after Haku's death.

Then how about this? You'll help Naruto to learn fūinjutsu from Uzushiogakure. Kurama said with a grin. Naruto face faulted.

"Oh come on Kurama. You know I can't do that." He said with a huff. He raised his first finger. "First, we're trying to instill maturity in him. Your advice is out of the topic. Second, if I would try to make him learn the Sealing Arts then what about all those things I need to teach him here." He completed his ramblings.

Kurama sighed. Right. Both Narutos are a bit stupid. He cannot forget that. Mimicking Naruto, he raised a single finger on his paw. First listen. With his advanced Shadow clones and your own Shadow Clones you both can just make one pouring literally half of your chakra and I guarantee that it can last upto at least 70 years. Also we're still to discover the yellow chakra as well. I sense some specific powers from it. Who knows? It might be as special as Black or White Chakra. He said shrugging. It wasn't a big deal. But here comes the main part. Your Shadow clone will teach his Shadow clone. After teaching him the basics or whatever else needed. They will be dispelled. We'll do it in real world where Kyūbi wouldn't be blocked by your seal. In case of brain damage, he and you can both manage it. I don't think any other medic is needed. He won't be brain dead or in coma, that's for sure. Kurama completed with a grin. Naruto looked at him with the best deadpan expression.

"Right!" He turned around completely ignoring him. "Do anyone else has any other ideas? Cuz Kurama forgot the maturity part completely."

Hey?!! I'm all powerful and great you little shit. Naruto completely ignored him. And the part of the maturity about which you were talking about, I was thinking. Yup! Naruto completely ignored him. Power isn't a candy. It cannot be freely distributed. Young Naruto has to understand those responsibilities. This boy… so pure and naïve. That innocence would devolve rapidly: and no longer would Naruto be the innocent boy that he was now.

He could become a society-harming shinobi or a missing-nin.

Don't you think that Kumogakure, Iwagakure and Kirigakure have some.... he drew out a pause. ....Things to return to you? He raised an eyebrow with a deep smirk. Kurama was a fox. And foxes were cunning.

There were reasons why Uzushiogakure was being hunted down by other nations. Not to mention Black Zetsu also played a small part. He just weakened the sensory seals and impenetrable sealing defenses of Uzumaki Clan and thus proned them to attack.

Who stands to be the greatest threat to Kaguya? If your answer was her sons, you’re correct! Except, they’re dead. So who stands to be the greatest threat now?

Those who inherited the greatest abilities of their respective lines. For Hagoromo’s descendants, that’s Naruto, Sasuke, Hashirama, and Madara. For Hamura’s line, specifically the Kaguya line, that honor falls to Kimimaro.

So why bring it up? Because the Kaguya line, except for Kimimaro was eliminated and the only reason Kimimaro survived was that Orochimaru found him. In other words, it’s plausible that Black Zetsu orchestrated the massacre of the Kaguya clan so eliminate the threat to his mother’s return.

How does that relate to the Uzumaki massacre? What did the Uzumaki excel at?

The Kaguya clan bore the greatest physical threat to Kaguya while the Uzumaki bore the greatest non-physical threat: they could seal either the biju, Juubi, or Kaguya herself. They are the distant relatives of the Senju, making them descendants of Asura Otsutsuki, the younger son of the Sage of Six Paths.

To be completely fair, Black Zetsu almost succeeded. Without some deus ex machina from Minato, Naruto succumbs to Kurama, Nagato takes him, and Kaguya is revived with no one to stop her.

Eliminate the threats, save his mother. A perfect plan. It was because of Minato genius mind and Naruto's unwavering Will that the World of Shinobi was safe.

The Uzumaki clan once had their own village with Uzukage, and they were known to be one of the strongest clans in the entire world. The members of this clan possessed incredible vitality and great chakra reserves, which made them very powerful. This made the other nations envious of their power, and together, they started planning ways to thwart this powerful clan before it became too difficult to stand up to.

Fuinjutsu unlike other Jutsu, these techniques could deal with things that one can't defeat, making them invaluable. In fact, even the First Hokage of Konohagakure, Hashirama Senju, couldn't deal with some creatures and sought help from this clan. Most of their techniques remain unseen, but the skill they carried in this art was simply unmatched. Evidently, the Uzumaki clan's Jutsu was way too powerful , and this only added to their troubles as many villages had their eyes on them. Many of the scrolls were stolen although the main ones were protected in secret vault of Uzumaki shrine in Uzushiogakure. It was way too easy for Black Zetsu to manipulate things his own way. But this is where young Naruto can learn.

Old Naruto leaned forward in interest. Suddenly Kurama wasn't boring anymore.

No one noticed that young Naruto's eyebrows which were burrowed together in deep concentration.

Inside mindscape,

Naruto's eyebrows were furrowed together in concentration. They were knitted together like curtains. The yellow dragon and the blue dragon were sitting together side by side. Nope. This wasn't the point. The point was that they were pointing towards the brown earth beneath his feet, with their tails. So he was confused. What was he supposed to do? Like his Earth elemental training, does he have to break it? Yes or No. Plus there he used his willpower and guts to control the chakra of Earth. What should he do with this? Not punching. That's for sure. His poor..... so very poor knuckles were soft. They are the epitome of softness on Earth. Nope. Anything but that.

However, fate had other plans not at all coinciding with the ones that Naruto had. And one of them was cracking his knuckles. The blue dragon suddenly slammed his tail on the Earth. There wasn't even a slight scratch even though everyone felt the shaking tremors. Well not everyone. The two dragons were as passive as ever. Yup. He was disliked just like that.

So there wasn't any option anymore. Okay! It's now or nothing.

Naruto sat on his knees. He started knocking on the brown surface to find any weak spots or anything that could help. Nope. There was nothing. Although he felt something. Something flowing through or no rather coursing under... deep down.... under hard brown surface. Like.... ummm..... coconut. Yea. That might be it. Although coconut is deep brown. Well who cares? And Naruto could feel it. It was familiar. It was warm. But what was it anyways? Just like he said, it's now or never.

He raised his fist and bought it down with a heavy slam. Nothing. There wasn't even tremors like the dragon. Although.....

"My haaaannndd....." his hand was swollen and red. In a cartoonish sort of way. "Ah! My precious hand." He took a peek at the two dragons who were as impassive as ever. You know what. He could handle Sasuke. At least he wasn't as impassive as them. Although he always spoke negative about him. So..... It was tough. No doubt about it. Well, Uzumaki Naruto never gave up. It was his nindo.

So again he started. With more force....... brutally damaging his fist. Although he noticed that he didn't feel pain. Nope. Not even a bit. What was more that his wounds were healing although there was no pain to begin with.

Wait a minute. This was his mind. That means he could do anything he wanted here. He started concentrating on the ground.

His eyes narrowed.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

His eyebrows knitted together.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

Sweat beads started to form around his forehead.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

A bead of sweat trickled down his nose. It felt ticklish.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

A minute passed.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

A minute and 5 seconds passed.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

A minute and 10 seconds passed.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

Naruto passed out from over concentrating on the ground. It was super-effective.

The ground was as impassive as ever.

The two dragons were as impassive as ever.

Naruto was never impassive although he was now. Because he passed out.

10 minutes later,

"Uhhhh....." Naruto moaned clutching his head in pain. His eyes scrunched together. "That didn't work."

The two dragons were still staring at him expectantly. Like they were expecting something. Even without eyeballs, Naruto could feel their hopes and beliefs in him. It was massive. Like his own belief in himself. Yup. He wouldn't back out now.

Now concentrate. This is a training to bond with Chakra. In order to do it he needs help. This shell is hard. Too hard. So...... Just like a diamond cuts diamond, he needs to use his Chakra to break this barrier.

He looked at the two dragons. "Will you both help me?" Those two nodded. Naruto smiled. "Thanks." He said with full enthusiasm. So it is his mind and he has his chakra. Now it really begins.

"Lightning Style : ....-" he tried to remember the feeling of the lightning chakra. Concentrated and buzzing. Feeling alive in a way. Piercing everything in his way. Producing numbness and those burns.

"...."

Alright.

Deep breaths.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

What was he going to say again? Oh, he just needs a name now. What should he say? Come on. Come on. Come on. He just has the correct feeling and the process is like, on the tip of his tongue.

"Yosh." He closed his eyes as chakra accumulated in his palm and suddenly a kunai appeared out of nowhere in his hand. Now it started to get more bigger and bigger. Honestly if not for the size and shape, Naruto would have called it a chakra blade.

"Now it starts....-" lightning chakra started seeping through the blade producing yellowish-white sparks around it producing a loud crackling sound. Naruto doesn't know if there is air here but anyone would notice the change in temperature.

"Now, Wind style." Green chakra surrounded the blade. A buzzing saw like faint sound was emitted cutting through the dust particles at atomic levels if one could feel.

Concentrating fire chakra in the blade, the green hue like outline was surrounded by orange-red chakra like a roaring flame. It felt like the wind chakra was boosting the fire chakra like how wind supports fire although it was getting too hot. Like lava or molten rocks flowing out of the cracks on land. But there were problems. The blade was getting upto its boiling point. It was fiery ardent. Suddenly-

CRACK

CRACK

CRACK

the blade started to crack. Oh boy! No no no no! Not now. He was so close. Okay! Concentrating again the cracks started to heal. Good that was working. Suddenly more cracks appeared out of nowhere as hot molten metal was dripping out of it. What was happening? Wasn't this supposed to his mind? Why the things aren't going as he's planning?

Wait a minute. This is a god damn test. He was being tested. That is why he cannot take the easy way out. That's why the shell didn't cracked open even though he was ordering his mind to do so and that's the same reason why the cracks on the kunai aren't healed. In order to pass this test he needs to use chakra but during that time he cannot use his mind to control or tame it.

Wait? Control? Tame? What the hell is he thinking? If chakra is living then taming or controlling him is the same as making a slave. And Uzumaki Naruto doesn't do that.

So now in order to solve this problem he needs to help himself using chakra only. Chakra is the only answer to this test. A kunai or a chakra blade cannot handle 3 chakra natures until and unless it's special in some sort of way. So-

"Earth chakra." He muttered. And suddenly the cracks started to heal. No that wasn't right. Instead the cracks started to fill with Earth chakra. Suddenly a brown coat surrounded the inner lining of the kunai or chakra blade. And the thing is that Naruto could feel the blade getting sturdier and heavier. He smiled widely.

It happened. Now the only thing left is Water chakra. Naruto took a deep breath as water chakra was added to the tool. But it was alot more easy than expected. Suddenly several blue ribbons started to grow around the blade. It neither felt heavy nor light like Earth chakra. In a way it felt almost ethreal.

The sword like blade, Naruto returned his attention to the sword in hand, flipping it over in his hands. It was… almost weightless. The handle was like he'd never seen before, glowing opalescent in darkness. It looked almost… ethereal.

"Let's do this." He said with full enthusiasm. "Dattebayo!!!" He stabbed the ground with full force. Suddenly, white light came out the crack. It was so bright. So bright. That Naruto covered his eyes. The white light came out and surrounded everything with its whiteness. The brightness drowned everything in itself.

"Aaaahhhhh.....?! What the?" Naruto was almost blinded by the bright light. Eventually he could see and found himself floating in pitch black dark abyss.

What happened?

Suddenly he had a familiar feeling. Something was coating him, enveloping him from behind. It was not suffocating. Rather it was comfortable. Too much comfortable. Looks like he won.

Outside,

Older Naruto has been waiting. Time to see if the training paid off. It would be worthwhile to see if Naruto succeeded in bonding with his chakras namely the blue and yellow ones. If he did then not only Kyūbi won't be able to interfere with his chakra control but rather there would be additional benefits as well. He just cannot wait.

Suddenly the chakra that was coming out like ripples came out forcefully like a strong forcefield pushing everything away. There was a bright white light enveloping Naruto as the force increased. Pebbles started to defy gravity or no. Not pebbles but rather chunks of the very foundation, the land started to rise. The unbelievable pressure crushed it as well. Bonding with chakra is an essential process. The difference it creates before and after the training are the same as comparing the Naruto with Rasenshuriken to Naruto with Sage Mode.

Suddenly Naruto opened his eyes. His smirk was all the answer he needed.

He passed the test. Let the training continue.

So I've been thinking of a crossover between Death Note and Detective Conan where L is transferred into the world of Detective Conan. Give your opinions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...
93.7K 2.8K 41
We all know and love Naruto Uzumaki. Yes? Yet do we really know him? The real Naruto? No, apparently we don't. Naruto Uzumaki wasn't called the most...
35.1K 856 25
Naruto had many secrets. But one in particular unravelled too fast for his liking. But several other dominoes fall. And the world could be annihilate...
391K 13.9K 60
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...