The Wingless Scandal / Shichi...

Per Iwriteyoureadk

! Discontinued A demon with an abnormality starts attending school and comes across two teachers who stand ou... Més

The Oracle and the Martyr
Misery Likes Company
Fear Magic
The Gargoyle
Soft and Firm
Teachers' Favourite
Fireworks
Orientation and Friends
Mission Accomplished and a Physical Exam
Teacher Trip Part 1
Teacher Trip Part 2
Signature Of A Hoarding Demon
Sabotage
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Tending to a Beast
Warmth of Flesh
Crushes
A Way To His Heart
An Immoral God
Discontinuation Notice

Rises and Falls

1.1K 47 24
Per Iwriteyoureadk

3rd POV:

Another day of school, another problem. Today is the Rookie Hunt, a large event where demons seek out first years to recruit them to their Battler (basically a club). Many demons rush through the halls in this rather violent event, and you are caught inbetween two groups. You use Cruel Creator to make a thrall from the ground and scare them off, the towering draconic creation made of stone bricks bellowing. It's enough to make sure you're not hunted and breathe a sigh of relief. You don't really want to join any right now, so you have more time to practice any spells you want. The Oracle manifests on your left, frowning a little "We think your parents would be disappointed to see you choose none since there will be a day of celebration regarding it when they could come.". You sigh and close your eyes, they are right. Might take a look at the battlers the day after tomorrow with them after class.

You start your day off with the Familiar Class, where Robin-sensei teaches. You all gather in an outside garden spot and are welcomed by the excited teacher. One by one, your classmates except for Iruma summon their familiars as instructed. You sigh as you know you will get attention as this guy knows his magical beasts but go through with summoning Kutsu. As predicted, he gets really curious over the creature and inspects it wildly but with distance, his eyes glued to Kutsu's double claws. "What species is this? I never saw anything like it!" He says, basically sparkling. "This is Kutsu." You say shortly and he doesn't ask more, just inspecting him for a bit. Then he notices Iruma didn't summon his familiar and goes to urge him to, and he finally summons a small purple bird. It looks really pissed about being here, and you recall the rumors of Iruma actually making Kalego-sensei his familiar. Well, you can see the resemblance. It glances at you briefly, but then communicates with Iruma as Robin-sensei is over the moon from the fact that it can talk. Then a few familiar-master bonding exercises happen, like having your familiar fetch a frisbee or to groom it. You don't feel it is beneficial for some reason, and Kutsu seems to agree as it does everything it's asked to but doesn't seem to be having much fun about it, only interested in showing affection by licking at you sometimes. Iruma's familiar keeps a keen eye on the two of you, no doubt assessing you. While it looks more and more pissed every passing second, upon looking at you and Kutsu waiting after each task it however doesn't frown as much.

Then the unthinkable happens and Asmodeus with Sabnock start getting riled up in their familiar rivalry, Asmodeus' Gorgon Snake and Sabnock's Kelpie almost get on each other's throats and before the teacher or Kalego can act, you step in on impulse. You set your hand down on Kutsu, and command "Kutsu, intimidation.". Power flares in its body, your order echoing in its head and it's maw opens to let out a terrible noise of screams of agony that echo around the place, the air around it's jaws vibrating enough for the disturbance to be seen by demon eye. It's skin grows dark and dead and grows slightly in size as a part of the skill, however the skill is buffed by your promotion from Dalet(4) to He(5). When the screams stop and everyone is quiet and frozen in place, second phase of the skill begins and the music of an organ starts playing as if from every direction, and soon a female choir chanting words that make no sense joins in. The holy religious sounds that grow in intensity mixed with Kutsu's ongoing intimidating aura overwhelm the area and while some demons and their familiars froze, some like Kamui or Asmodeus break into a wild run away from the area. Even the teacher is frozen, and you end the skill as you manage to break your focus which makes it's effectiveness plummet before you end it completely. The moment it stops you feel yourself embarrassed thoroughly, looking at the ground as your familiar reverts. "I-I'm sorry, I was loo-looking to stop them before they fought." You explain yourself, blushing and moving closer to Kutsu for reassurance. Robin-sensei falls over, however, and you hurry to help.

Five minutes later you're sitting beside Robin-sensei's bed in the nurse's office as he's out from shock, feeling guilty. You play with your fingers as a way to keep your nervousness at bay, but it's just not working. The door opens and your gaze lifts to see Kalego-sensei walk in, his eyes on Robin-sensei for a brief moment, but then he looks at you. You sweat as he makes his way over, and his brows visibly furrow as he stops before you. Now you're sweating bullets, not daring to look him in the eye and look to the floor. He sighs out loud, and then you feel his hand on your head. "It's not your fault, [Y/N]. If you hadn't stepped in, Robin-sensei wouldn't have stopped them in time. Even if you overshot it, you did the right thing." He says, and you feel your shoulders relax. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei." You say softly. "Look at me." He then commands, and you look at him. He has the face he always has, a passive sharp look that constantly intimidates everyone who isn't used to his presence. "Don't feel guilty. I'll give him a stern talking to about student safety, he's too careless. As for you, go back to class. The nurses will take care of him." He reassures you and withdraws his hand. You stand up, now feeling better about yourself, and politely bow. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei. I will get going now." You excuse yourself and leave the room.

Your mood got better after that little talk, and you walk to your botany classes while your invisible companion manifests beside you. "Even if you feel embarrassed or down, you have little reason to. In fact, you impressed not just your classmates and spooked Robin-sensei out of his mind, but also got someone to like you even more for stepping in without risking your wellbeing." The Oracle says. You think for a bit of who it could be. Kalego comes to mind, but you doubt it a little due to their weird wording. They read your mind and smile. "Mhm. It was Ka-le-go." They confirm in a sing song voice, and you feel flattered once more. You reunite with your class and are praised by some for the use of your skill, while met with fear from some. Asmodeus-kun keeps looking at you from the back, his gaze a mix between a glare and curiosity. Paying him little to no mind, you carry on with your day.

The next day you finish up your morning class – basic magic and go outside to meet with your friends in the courtyard so you can go do something together, but freeze. A familiar sensation rises in your gut, and your eyes widen – an evil cycle. You quickly pull out your phone and send a group message that you can't make it, and then look for a place to settle down. You rush through the free spaces like the garden, but it seems that demons have settled around basically everywhere and have a hard time finding a secluded spot. As you stop and your thoughts change into thinking why you should hide from them, that they should make space for you, the Oracle emerges in front of you. "Hmm, this one look particularly bad. Today you would go even as far as to fight for a spot in the garden. We can't have that, can we?" They start, and you shoot them a glare. "Why? Those lowlifes should move to give me their spots." You reply, and the Oracle smirks. "Oh, really? We think YOU should sit somewhere respectfully." They rile you up. "You're wrong-" You growl, but they butt in "Then prove it.". You make your way towards them, but they move quicker than you. Frustrated, you make a dash after them as they speed up even more, and soon you find yourself jumping from building to building in pure rage as you chase the thing you can't touch. You jump off of one building and cling to the other with your claws which come from nowhere, the evil cycle destroying some limits on your physical power and letting you do way more. The demons around that notice you look at you in a mix of fear and wonder, not really sure what's going on in that head of yours. "Then prove it, catch us!" The Oracle shouts and you follow in a chase that you lost before you even begun, moving swiftly and using all your power to prove them wrong. It's fifteen minutes later that you're laying face down in the grass, breathing heavily an on the verge of passing out from running so much. Your body isn't used to so much exercise and every painful breath is a reminder of that. "Aww, giving up?" They tease, and you force yourself on all fours and spot the Oracle, lunging at them but they are way quicker and dodge even if you would just fly through them. You finally feel the exhaustion settle in completely and you pass out.

As you lie there, sleeping, someone notices your powerless form from out the window up high in the main school building. Heavy steps echo through the area a minute later as Balam-sensei walks up to you, crouching down to see you better. He checks your vitals and finds you're asleep, small relief washing over him. Still, he tilts his head a tiny bit in wonder why you're here like this. He picks you up bridal style, making sure your head is against his chest and not dangling so you're not sore when you do wake up. His breath hitches when he can't feel your wings on his arm as he holds you, alarmed. Did you lose them? He panics, but he knows he shouldn't handle this on his own and hurries into the school, asking around for Kalego. He is pointed to a familiar class that's underway, and in his state of alarm doesn't even knock and just barges in. "Kalego-kun!" He yells, and Kalego who looks up from the lecture looks annoyed for a moment, but just briefly since he notices your unconscious form in Balam's arms. "What's wrong with him?!" He says, his voice rising and he walks over as the class curiously watches. "I found him unconscious in the garden. I think he's fine as he's not bleeding anywhere, but I will have him checked out. I think his wings-" Balam says in worry, and Kalego cuts him off. "He doesn't have them, I know. He's been like this ever since the first day, his family didn't tell me what exactly happened. Don't worry about these." Kalego explains, looking at you. Balam-sensei calms down considerably and nods. "I'll get him to the nurse's office, thank you for telling me." He says and leaves the class with you.

You are quickly examined behind some curtains by a male nurse, but he doesn't have to even strip you as he correctly identifies it as exhaustion. However, the nurse's office is full at the moment due to an incident in the New Magic Battler and they don't have a spot to let you rest, so you are returned to Balam-sensei. He looks down at you as you are in his arms, a bit clueless on what to do. After thinking a bit, he goes to his cabinet with you. It's a large room with a desk spanning from wall to wall, covered by research materials and vials of all sorts, some boxes in the corner and two seats with no rests on them. He's a teacher of mythological biology(human world animals), so his room is equipped as such. But he doesn't really have a place to set you down. The chairs have no parts to lie back on since Balam-sensei is so big they would need a huge chair, so their solution was to remove the backside. After a bit of thinking, he shifts you so he's holding you with just one arm and with his other freed up he moves some equipment on the table aside and rummages through the drawers. Then he makes you a makeshift bed, laying down a thick blanket in place of a mattress on the table and adding a pillow. He sets you down carefully with both arms on it and then covers you with a thinner blanket. Satisfied, he sits down nearby and waits for you to wake up for a moment, before realizing it would be better to do something and not just sit around, so he organizes his notes and works on grading homework he collected earlier today. He occasionally peeks at you as you sleep, then gets back to his work. It's not easy for him to focus with you here.

Eventually, you stir awake and slowly sit up to see you're on a large desk, but it's rather comfortable thanks to all this cushioning. Your movement alerts the demon in the room, and he quickly makes his way over. "[Y/N]-kun! I'm glad to see you're awake. I found you unconscious in the garden, I was worried you got hurt." He says, stopping basically in your personal space. "Ah, thank you Balam-sensei. I must have passed out after running around so much. I got... problems with a very irregular evil cycle and decided it would be best to get my energy down so I can't cause trouble." You say, not saying the entire truth. "I see. Well, would you like some grey hell tea?" He offers, and you nod. You get down from the bed and sit down on a chair as he makes the tea for a few moments, then comes over when finished. His voice is soft as he hands it to you "Careful, it's hot.". "Thank you." You say, blowing on the tea as he sits down on the other chair across from you. He's quiet, but then the urge to get to know more wins and he speaks up "Um, do you have these irregular evil cycles often?". "Yeah, ever since I was little." You nod, setting the tea on the desk and instead waiting for it to cool down. "It's that way ever since I lost my wings, actually." You say and he perks up at this. "How... How did you lose them?" He asks. You glance at the Oracle on your side, and they shake their head. "It's complicated, but when I was small I got into an incident where I lost them. My back is scarred there..." You trail off, and the Oracle nods in approval, and using a complicated gesture they let you know you can actually show him your back.

You purse your lips and after a sip of the tea for courage, you stand up. "It's strange looking, but not painful or itchy." You say, taking off your uniform coat and Balam gets the idea. He doesn't stop you when you turn your back to him and take your shirt off over your head, revealing your back. The purple wing base is missing and the areas next to it are heavily scarred, but the most interesting thing is that in place of the wing base there's a shut rather long slit. It looks strange, but the teacher doesn't flinch and instead unconsciously moves closer, curiosity like invisible strings that pull him towards you and the injury. You jolt a little as you feel his left gloved hand on the scars where your left wing used to be, his fingers gently feeling the area even over the fabric. "Ah, I'm sorry!" He says, backing away when he realizes what he's doing. "It's okay, it doesn't hurt. It's just a bit harder to live when you can't fly. Makes it harder to get around, you know?" You say, and realizing he got your permission, his hand moves back and traces your scars. "It has to be very difficult, since to get anywhere you need to fly." He agrees, his other hand moving to your other scar. The scars look rather strange, even a clean cut wouldn't do something like this. Either something would rip out the wings with even a part of the flesh deeper under them or take the wings in their entirety from the inside. The second variant doesn't even cross Balam's mind, since that is just ridiculous.

His gentle touch then gets to the slit that's the entrance to your insides and the physical part of the Oracle. "What's this?" He asks, and you gulp. "That's... hard to explain." You reply and feel him very carefully and gently try to pull the flesh apart to see what's under. You feel yourself blush as you feel his fingers deeper in than just the surface, the opening giving in and revealing the soft flesh that are it's walls, but also deeper in what are your insides. He's really curious and when he notices the flesh in the hole that's covered in golden irregular eyes, he flinches in shock for a moment, but his curiosity only grows stronger every passing second. "Are those-" He starts, but you can't handle the mental pressure at this point and move away so his hands don't touch it anymore. "Yeah, they are." You say, hastily putting your shirt on. He gets the message and lets you do so.

When you sit down again after putting your coat on and get the tea that's still warm, Balam-sensei comes over and crouches down in front of you, his head at your chest level. "It's only fair I show you my own injury after you showed me something so private." He says softly and takes off his mouth guard and puts down the metal piece to show you his mouth that he keeps constantly covered. His mouth is torn, his left cheek open until halfway to the end of his teeth, his sharp teeth on display. His face is also scarred from the middle to his chin to the left of his face, on his left cheek and then over his lops to the right end of his mouth. Your eyes widen a bit as you thought the mouth guard was just an elaborate fashion accessory until now, and you look his mouth over as he carefully studies your face for your reaction. "May I?" You ask, reaching out a bit towards his face. He's a bit surprised, but nods. You touch the scarred skin under his teeth and feel him tremble ever so slightly under your touch, a fury of emotions no doubt fighting in his head as you inspect his own insecurity. You drag your thumb over the scarred skin, feeling how smooth it actually is. "I don't think it's gross. Even if my injury is less visible than yours, they are not that different in my eyes. Both are not the best, huh?" You say. Sure, yours is way more complicated than his, but that doesn't change much in the fact that both are considered ugly, but especially yours when you look really closely. You see him smile and nod, agreeing. "I wear this mouth guard, so I don't scare off the students, but they are still afraid of me." He admits, putting it back on. "If I was walking around with my shirt off and my back open, it would be the same." You nod, and you finish your drinks.

"Thank you for helping me." You bow to him as you stand at the door to leave. "It was a pleasure." He smiles, urging you to stand up straight with his hand. "See you sometime, Balam-sensei." You smile at him and leave as he says his own goodbye. As you leave, you don't see him stare at your back with a fond expression, sharing secrets deepens bonds.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.4K 15
A collection of x reader oneshots & headcanons with the cast of Mairimashita Iruma-kun/ Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun!! • • •I do not own Iruma-k...
125K 2.6K 15
◤ ──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆ (Y/N) (L/N) is a student at PK Academy who doesn't like to interact with others, but obviously that changes. Everything go...
29.6K 784 37
This is the continuation of my story. *Ok, Sharkboy* I kind of suggest you reading the other one before this one. Description: You are still the sa...
221 0 13
THIS IS AN X READER BUT ITS ALSO A BKDK Katsuki Bakugou had the perfect life. He finally worked through a really difficult part of his life and fell...