𝐑𝐄𝐃 • 𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮�...

By ANGEL1CBEINGS

❝ don't you understand ? you are my life now ❞ Jane liked to harm and Cora liked to heal. The light and the... More

𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝟎𝟎.
𝟎𝟏.
𝟎𝟐.
𝟎𝟑.
𝟎𝟒.
𝟎𝟓.
𝟎𝟔.
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍
𝟎𝟕.
𝟎𝟗.
𝟏𝟎.
𝟏𝟏.
𝟏𝟐.
𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄
𝟏𝟑.
𝟏𝟒.
𝟏𝟓.
𝟏𝟔.
𝟏𝟕.
𝟏𝟖.
𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍

𝟎𝟖.

4.1K 127 27
By ANGEL1CBEINGS

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 house. And even though Edward insisted that he would do it, Cora threatened him and eventually he agreed. She wanted to be the one to see her reaction when she pulls up in Bella's new car.
Cora thinks of Bella as a little sister, even though she was publicly younger than Bella. But she would do anything for the awkward human.

The sound of a loud engine is heard and Bella is already walking down the stairs, slipping on her shoes and heading out the door. Her eyes widen at the sight. Cora Auclair leaning against a very expensive car that's parked in her driveway. "Isn't she a beauty?" Bella stares at her in disbelief. Charlie Swan was confused by the loud sounds and walks out, just as confused as his daughter.
"Hey, Cora... Bella?" Bella points towards Cora accusingly. "She bought me a car!" Cordelia smiles sheepishly. "Well, that was very... generous." Charlie obviously liked Cora way more than he liked Edward, and nobody blames him. Well, Edward blames him, but who cares about Edward?

"Belle, I wanna see you drive it! Let's go, are you ready?" Bella nods, sitting in the drivers seat. She turns on the car, her eyes widening at the rich sound that he engine makes.
"Not as clunky, hm." Cora refers to her old beat up truck that she can't stand. It's very Bella and she doesn't expect her to stop driving it, but Cora felt bad for what had happened with James..
Now she feels bad. Charlie probably feels bad that he didn't get her good enough a gift.
Can't do anything without fucking up.

The drive was slow. "You can drive faster, you know. This baby goes up to—"
"I don't have a death wish." Cora rolls her eyes, staring out the window.
A moment later they pull up to the house and Emmett runs outside.
"How's she ride?" Bella squints on his form. "So you were in on this?" He chuckles.
"Actually, I was there when Cora bought it. Gift from both of us." Bella smiles to herself, shaking her head before turning off the engine and exiting the car.

"She drives like a snail." Cora whispers while passing Emmett. Edward appears outside, snatching his girlfriend away from Cora. "Chill out, Edweirdo. I'm not going to eat her."
Cora walks inside, running straight for her room so she could change.
A beautiful burgundy dress was waiting on a hanger in her room. She would pair it with some black heels and silver jewelry. She doesn't do anything to her hair, she likes it down.
Semi-formal.

Cora waits for Alice to come back with the happy couple. She stands with Esme and Carlisle. They loved Cora being their little girl. Of course, they had Alice and Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett, and now Edward and Bella. But Cora treated them as if they were her biological parents, sometimes even called them mom and dad and it made their dead hearts warm a little bit.
Finally, the happy couple walks down the stairs. Bella shaking her head at the toned down party Alice had promised.

Carlisle takes her hands into his own, smiling softly. "Sorry about all this. We tried to reign Alice in." Cora smiles brightly, glancing at Edward before turning her gaze to Esme. "As if that were even possible. Happy birthday Bella." You can hear the smile in Esme's voice. She is such a sweet person and has the kindest soul.

"Thanks—" A flash is seen and the sound of a camera whirring is heard. We all turn to look at Alice who smiles. "I found it in your bag. Do you mind?"
"Way to go, Alice. Snooping through her bag?" Cora jokes as Bella shakes her head, not really caring that she's using her camera or that she looked through her stuff.
"Dating an older woman. Hot." Edward looks at Emmet with an incredulous look before scoffing.
"What?"

Alice can't wait and is already shoving gifts into peoples hands. "You first, Rosalie." Rose resists the urge to roll her eyes, holding out the present with a stiff arm. "It's a necklace. Alice picked it out."
"Thanks." Awkward. Alice yanks Edward from his place on the stairs, pushing Bella and Edward together so she can take a photo.
"Show me the love!" She snaps a photo before retrieving another box.
"This one's from Emmett." Bella looks at the box confused and shakes it slightly. "I wouldn't do that." Cora warns. "Wouldn't want it to get scratched." Bella turns to look at Emmett for an explanation.
"What's a new vehicle without new music? Finally a decent soundtrack—"
"Hey. Don't hate my music." Everyone chuckles. Alice, always the hall of energy, bounces in place, holding a small wrapped present.
"This one's Esme's and Carlisle's."
"Yes. You've been looking kind of pale lately." Esme places a hand on Cora's shoulder as she watches the human.

Suddenly the scent of blood fillets the room, Cora tensing under her mothers touch. Her eyes growing darker. "Ow. Paper cut." She shakes it off, not thinking anything if it.
But Edward knows. He lifts his beard, making eye contact with the two hungry vampires. Cora is usually amazing at controlling her thirst. Well, as amazing as she could be. Obviously better than Jasper. But when the scent of blood hit her nostrils she couldn't help the inhumane reaction. Cora controls her thirst, barely hanging on. If it wasn't Bella, she lacked control, and there was more blood, she would have attacked—

Edward pushes Bella back with force. Her body flies into the wall, landing in lit candles and glass. Jasper leaps at Bella, though is pushed into the piano by Edward. He was so focused he didn't even notice that Cora was slowly advancing on Bella until she was already standing over her, licking her lips.
"Cora!" Esme shouts, horror in her eyes as she bends down and is about to suck the blood out of her open wound.

Edward grabs Cora, throwing her so hard that she flies out the window, smacking against a tree that is about 40 feet away. Cora snaps out of her trance, the guilt and horror seeping out of her stomach.
"Oh." She whispers, staring at the humans blood that coats her fingers.
Realization seeps into her bones, her eyes falling out of focus. She almost killed Isabella. She was milliseconds away from sucking her dry and once she started she wouldn't have been able to stop. She rubs the large crack that runs from the highest point of her jawline and all the way down her side. She hit the tree at an weird position.

"Fuck." She was so good. She had controlled herself but when Edward threw her into the glass and she had started bleeding out, Cora couldn't help it. Her blood was entrancing.
Cora sits on the forest ground, her mind in another universe. She doesn't even notice as a form approaches her.
"Cora." Cora snaps out of her shocked state, staring up at Edward with a horrified look in her eyes. "I— I couldn't control myself." She breathes, venom welling up in her eyes as she lets her gaze fall down to her hands.

It almost happened again.

She thinks, knowing Edward would hear her. She almost lost control again and last time something like this happened she killed her favorite family member.
Bella is our family now.
"Jasper feels guilty. But we all know you feel worse, Cora." She shakes her head, refusing to meet his gaze again. "I'm so sorry." She sobs, her hair falling over her face. The tears are almost there, almost ready to fall. But of course, they don't. Only the sounds of her pained, tearless sobs echoing the forest.
He can't help but feel a bit angry at Cora. She had almost killed her, killed Bella. He turns around, walking the other way and back towards the house.
Now she was alone in the forest with the invasive thoughts that claw at her skull.

I'm so sorry, Edward.
I'm so sorry, Bella.

a/n: dress shown below!!
omg guess what happens next. honestly poor cora, poor bella, poor everyone.

written: 5/5/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 9K 45
˗ˏˋ꒰☀️꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) A place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels home; the place where you are...
498K 13.2K 51
Eli lived a pretty normal life, that was until she discovered the existence of vampires. Now she has to face her own demons, and come to terms with h...
84.4K 2.5K 16
(𝐧.) 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮; 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡�...
606K 20.2K 80
❛fight so dirty, but you love so sweet, talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth!❜ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ━━━ 𝕽ebekah 𝕮ullen, the youngest of the Cu...