Sound of Surviving

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Nevaeh and her family are transported to another world. One is cursed to forget and two are cursed to remembe... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Hatter Family Season One
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Hatter Family Season Two
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Hatter Family Season Three
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
Hatter Family Season Four
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
Hatter Family Season Five
89
90

37

55 2 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

A young Snow White entered the main chamber of the castle, where Queen Eva was consulting several women. Snow White was dressed in a pink, sparkly ball gown.

"Let's be certain she's seated as far away from the Duke as possible, for the Duchess' sake," Queen Eva said.

"Yes, ma'am," a woman replied before she and the women left.

"Do you like it?" Snow White asked.

"Oh, my dear Snow. You are an absolute vision," Queen Eva told her daughter. "You are going to be the talk of the ball, and not just because it's for your birthday." They hugged briefly. "Come. I can hardly believe you're growing up so fast. Which reminds me... I have a gift for you. It was my mother's once, and her mother's before that. And soon, it will be yours."

In another room, a diamond tiara sat in a padded box. Johanna pickled it up and places it on her head, then admired herself in the mirror. However, Queen Eva and Snow White enter and caught her in the act. She quickly removed the tiara.

"Johanna," Queen Eva called.

"Oh!" Johanna exclaimed. "Oh, Your Majesty. Oh, please forgive me. I just wanted to see-"

"How dare you?" Snow White said. "That's mine. It's not for a servant."

"It was my mistake."

"Servants don't wear crowns."

"Enough," Queen Eva warned.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty-" Johanna was cut off.

"No, I was talking to Snow."

"Me?" Snow White questioned.

"I thought I raised you better than that, Snow. It doesn't matter whether one is a servant or royalty. Everyone in the kingdom deserves our love and respect."

"But she took my tiara-"

"She apologized. And it isn't yours yet."

"Your Majesty, it's all right," Johanna said.

"You're kind, Johanna, but Snow must learn. My dear, we are all the same."

"But I thought we were royals," Snow White stated.

"We are, but that doesn't make us better than anyone else," Queen Eva told her. "The upcoming ball, for instance – can you tell me what it's for?"

"It's to honor me on my birthday."

"No. It's for you to honor them, by showing them you will be a kind and benevolent leader when that time comes. Please." Johanna handed the tiara to Queen Eva. "When you are crowned with this on your birthday, it will be a symbol that you will always hold goodness in your heart and rule justly. Now do you understand?"

"I do, Mother." Queen Eva handed the tiara to Snow White, who then walked over to the mirror. She didn't put it on. "It's beautiful."

"And it's heavier than it looks." Suddenly, Queen Eva gasped in pain and her knees buckled beneath her.

Johanna rushed to support her. "Your Majesty!"

"Mother!" Snow White cried.

"I'm fine," Queen Eva reassured.

"No, no. You're not."

Johanna eased the Queen into a chair. "Come. There. I'm getting the doctor." She quickly left the room.

"Mother..."

"I'm fine, dear," Queen Eva told her.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Mary Margaret looked in the mirror and reminisced while David cooked breakfast behind her.

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm making breakfast," David replied.

"Why?"

"I'm hungry."

"You think I don't know what you're doing? We talked about this. We had a deal."

"I know. I know. But, with the curse broken, I thought maybe you would change your mind."

"Well, I didn't. What's this?" She gestured to the table where there was a wrapped gift with a card attached.

"Birthday present."

"I told you..."

"It's not from me!"

"No one else knows."

"Apparently, someone does, and they also think you should celebrate. It was left outside the door this morning.."

Initially ignoring the card, she opened the gift.

"What is it?" David wondered as Mary Margaret lifted the tiara from the box and began tearing up. "I thought that was lost when the curse hit."

"So did I," Mary Margaret said, spotting the card and opened the envelope, handing the tiara to David. Inside was a card that said 'Thinking of you today -Johanna'. "Johanna."

"I didn't know she was in Storybrooke."

"Neither did I."

"After the curse, you were gone for awhile. We're all still finding each other. It hasn't been easy."

"I have to go." She took the tiara back from David and went to grab her coat.

"Okay. Hey... Happy Birthday." He kissed her.

"Thank you for understanding. You should go. It's getting late. You have to go to work."

"I know. I just... I just wish this day made you happier."

"I know. But we both know it can't." She left.

SHERIFF'S STATION

David arrived for work. As he hung up his coat, he was briefly distracted by a noise. While his attention was elsewhere, Hook ambushed David and hit him in the head with a crowbar, knocking him unconscious.

Hook took David's keys and said, "Apologies, mate, but I think you have something of mine."

Hook unlocked the drawer of the desk and found his hook inside. He unscrewed the fake hand he'd been using as a substitute and replaced it with his hook. He left.

JOHANNA'S BACKYARD

Johanna was planting a small flower garden.

Mary Margaret approached her. "Johanna?"

"Snow..." Johanna began.

"It's 'Mary Margaret', here."

"No. You will always be my dear Snow." The two embraced.

"I never thought I'd see you again. Or this." She pulled the tiara from her bag and held it up.

"Oh. I came across it in Mr. Gold's shop, and I knew how much it meant to you. I knew you had to have it."

"Thank you. I haven't seen those flowers in a long time."

"They reminded me of you. Because they could survive the harshest winter, and you were born during the harshest one of all."

"That's why she need me Snow."

"I thought keeping this garden would be a nice way to honor her."

"It is."

"I miss her, too. Oh, you..." She wiped a tear from Mary Margaret's cheek. A noise came from the woods behind them. "What was that?"

"Stay here. I'm sure it was nothing."

"Snow..."

"No, no, please. Please, just stay here. I'll be right back."

Mary Margaret went to investigate while Johanna stayed behind. In the woods, Mary Margaret came across Regina and Cora. Regina was digging a hole, while Cora stood off to the side watching.

"And you're sure this is where we're supposed to dig?" Cora questioned.

Regina consulted the map. "Yes. Hook marked it clearly. Rumpelstiltskin's dagger is here."

"Unless, Hook lied to us."

"Well, then this map is useless. Gold is the only one who can translate it."

"Oh, don't worry, sweetheart. Hook could've saved us a lot of effort with honesty, but, the truth is, we don't need anyone. I can reconstruct the map. It'll just take a bit more time. And when we find it, I promise you, I'll use that dagger to force the Dark One to kill anyone you like."

SHERIFF'S STATION

Mary Margaret arrived and called, "David?"

She found David bleeding and unconscious on the floor. She rushed over to him and frantically attempted to wake him.

"David! David?! David! David!" David came to and groaned. "What happened?"

"Hook," David replied. "He ambushed me."

She helped David up. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine. It's not me he wants. It's Gold... and his hook. Yeah, I'm going to enjoy throwing his ass in jail."

"Hook isn't the problem, David."

"Tell that to my head."

"It's Regina. She's been lying to us. She's working with Cora to find Gold's dagger."

"The dagger controls him. If Cora gets it, she can force Gold and all his power to do her bidding."

"Or... Become the Dark One herself."

"Neither one of those options sounds good. Lucky for us, we can call the man himself. He's with Emma and Nevaeh."

"Tried it. Sent a message."

"Well, we can't just wait."

"No, we have to buy some time until they call us back or return."

"How?"

"Regina. She doesn't rust her mother. Never has. If we can put some doubt in her about Cora's motives, it might slow them down."

"And you think she'll just trust you?"

"Well, she doesn't need to trust me. She just has to listen to me. And I know how to get her to do that."

NEW YORK

Neal, Henry, Emma, Nevaeh and Mr. Gold walked down a street in New York. Neal and Henry were talking and Nevaeh listened while Emma and Mr. Gold trailed behind them.

"So, uh... You like pizza?" Neal asked.

"Yeah," Henry replied. "Let me guess - you're going to tell me the best pizza's in New York, and I got to try it, right?"

"Actually, it's in the Kingdom on Damarian on the north shore of the Dragon Fields of Zorn. Nah, it's in New York. Here, let's get you a slice."

"So you're really from there?"

"Yeah, I am."

The three, as Nevaeh agreed on pizza, entered the pizza shop. Emma and Mr. Gold stood outside.

"Do you think that we should..." Emma trailed.

"If we were welcome, I feel confident an invitation would have been extended," Mr. Gold said. "It's a sad truth that the people closest to us are the ones capable of causing us the most pain. That's our common ground, Miss Swan."

"Guess my lying to him just caught up with me."

"Ah, give them time. They'll forgive you."

"Is that you projecting your own hopes?"

"My son and I have some way to go."

"I can see that."

"I need you to speak to him. Try and convince him to come back to Storybrooke with us."

"If I recall, there was only one favor I owed you, and I think I'm paid up."

"This isn't about me anymore. You'll do it for Henry."

"How do you figure that?"

"Well, because if you don't, you're going to wake up one morning, and discover he hopped on a bus back to New York. He ran away Boston to be with you. He'll do the same thing for his father. And he may take his pirate friend with him."

"Until Neal lets him down - which he will. It'll be a hard lesson, but then at least Henry will understand that I lied to protect him."

"Someone's beginning to sound a lot like Regina. I think the real reason you lied was to protect yourself."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"From getting hurt again."

"That's not happening."

"You want a second chance with that man."

"What makes you think that?"

"The look on your face."

"You have no idea what..."

Neal, Henry and Nevaeh exited the pizza shop and joined them.

"What are we talking about?" Neal asked.

"Emma, Neal wanted to show me the museum. Do you think we can go back to the apartment and get my camera?"

"Yeah, well, I... Kids like culture, right?"

"Sure," Emma replied. "Yeah, that's fine. You like the New York pizza?"

Henry said, "Yeah. It delicious, cheesy, and doesn't lie."

Nevaeh smiled lightly, but said nothing.

STORYBROOKE

Regina entered Granny's Diner, where Mary Margaret was waiting for her in a booth.

Regina stood across from her and asked, "So, how is Henry? Is he okay?"

"He's fine," Mary Margaret answered. "Everything's fine."

"What'd he say?"

"I didn't actually talk to him."

Regina sat. "Then why am I here?"

"Because I know you've been lying. And I thought it was time we talk about it."

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"No, no, no, no. No more lying. I know you've been with your mother. I know you're looking for the dagger."

"What I'm doing is my business."

"There's a war starting, Regina."

"That much is clear, yes."

"Lucky for you, you've earned enough good will with me to give you one last chance - a chance to choose the right side... The side of good."

"Have you ever considered that maybe, perhaps... I am good? I was always the Queen. It was you who added "Evil" to my name."

"Good doesn't do what you do. Why? Regina, why go back to being this way after how hard you tried?"

"And what did it get me? Dinner with a bunch of hypocrites who pretend they'll forgive me, when in their hearts, they know... They never will. You're giving me a chance? How about I give you one? Stay out of my way." She got up to leave.

"Listening to your mother is a mistake, Regina."

"Because listening to you will work out so much better."

"She doesn't care about Henry. All she wants is power."

"Power is how you get things."

"She doesn't care about you."

"Really? And what would you know about mothers?" She left.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Queen Eva was bedridden due to her illness. A doctor checked her over while Snow White and Johanna watched by the side of the bed.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Snow White asked.

"Not yet, my dear," the doctor replied. "But I have hope that we shall know soon."

"Then she'll be all right?"

"Snow..." Queen Eva called.

"Mother!" Snow White went to her mother's side.

"You should call for the King immediately," the doctor instructed.

"W-what... What message shall I give him?" Johanna inquired.

"That whatever business he's attending to can wait. He should be at his wife's side."

"We'll cancel the ball, and turn it into a celebration once you're better," Snow White said.

"We can't cancel your birthday," Queen Eva told her. "It'll be fine. I will be well by then. I want to see you walking in that tiara."

"I don't care about my birthday. All I care about is you."

Suddenly, Queen Eva began coughing. She called for Johanna through the hacking. "Johanna."

"Snow. Let's leave your mother alone?" Johanna suggested. "It's all right. She needs her rest. Come."

"Mother?" Snow White said as Johanna led her away. The doctor returned to Queen Eva's side. When she pulled back her handkerchief, it was covered in blood. "What's going to happen to her? Is she going to die?" The two of them embraced. Snow White cried against Johanna's shoulder.

"Shh... I don't know," Johanna admitted.

"I don't want to lose her."

"We must hope the doctor-"

"He doesn't even know what's wrong with her. How can we place hope in him? There has to be something that can save her."

"Maybe there is."

"How?"

"If medicine can't cure the Queen... Perhaps magic can."

"Magic?"

"Yes. Your mother has a confidant – someone few know about. Someone schooled with the most powerful of magic. I'm not really supposed to even know of this."

"Please, Johanna."

"There is a benevolent fairy who can grant a person's wish, if their heart is true."

"Mine is. I swear. Where do I find this fairy?"

"Tonight, go into the woods where the sky is clearest. Wish upon the blue star... And she will appear to you."

NEW YORK - PRESENT

The group walked back to Neal's apartment. Henry and Mr. Gold were talking, while Emma, Nevaeh and Neal trailed behind them.

"So, should I call you Grandpa, now?" Henry asked.

"Call me whatever you'd like," Mr. Gold said.

"He's a good kid," Neal commented.

"Yeah," Emma and Nevaeh agreed.

"Hey, I'm trying my best here."

"I know," Emma said. "We all are. It's just, we're going to have to go back. To our home."

"I'm just getting to know him."

"Then maybe... Maybe you should come with us."

"To Storybrooke?"

"I've seen your apartment. You don't got a lot going on here."

"Looks can be deceiving. Listen... There's something I've been meaning to tell you. It's complicated."

Henry turned and asked, "So, Neal, do you think we can take the subway? I've always wanted to take the New York subway. Please?"

"Yeah. Sure, of course. Let's go get that camera."

They arrived at Neal's apartment and the five entered the lobby.

"Come on," Henry said.

"Here. I got it." Neal unlocked the door. He and Henry headed for the apartment, while Emma, Nevaeh and Mr. Gold stayed behind.

"So after this, maybe Times Square?" Neal questioned.

"So, uh, did you talk to him?" Mr. Gold asked.

"He said it's complicated," Emma replied.

"Oh, I see."

"Well, maybe he just needs some time. I don't know."

Hook ambushed them in the lobby. He hit Emma, knocking her to the ground. He pushed Nevaeh away. He lunged for Mr. Gold and pinned him against the wall.

Hook stabbed Mr. Gold in the chest with his hook before saying, "Tick tock. Time's up, crocodile. You took Milah, my love, my happiness. And for that, I now take your life."

Emma, regaining her senses, grabbed something while Nevaeh grabbed something else and they hit Hook over the head with it, knocking him unconscious.

They rushed over to Mr. Gold who was slumped on the floor and asked, "Gold, are you all right?"

Neal heard the commotion and entered the lobby. "What the hell is going on?"

"One of your dad's enemies found us," Emma said.

"Hook."

"You know him?"

Nevaeh nodded. "Yes, I do."

Neal checked Mr. Gold's wound. When he pulled his hand away, there was blood on his fingers.

"Papa?" Neal called.

Neal brought Mr. Gold up to his apartment, where Henry was still waiting, and laid him on the couch.

Emma and Nevaeh entered and the former said, "Found a storage room and locked our stab-happy pirate in there. Shouldn't be causing anyone else any problems. And get this - he had a map on him. It looks like he sailed his ship here."

"How'd he get a pirate ship to New York?" Henry wondered.

Grace walked up and shrugged. "I don't know. But somehow he did."

"It's cloaked," Emma said. "Don't worry. He's not going to hurt any of us."

"But is Mr. Gold going to be okay?" Henry asked.

"Henry, he's going to be fine," Neal reassured.

"Mr. Gold, are you all right?"

When Henry approached Mr. Gold, Mr. Gold grabbed him abruptly. "You stay away from me. You caused this. You brought us back here. You did this." He released his grip on him.

Emma brought her cell phone over to Henry. "Hey, kid. The battery's dead. Go in the other room and see if you can find a charger, okay?"

"Okay," Henry agreed, exiting the room.

Nevaeh turned to her stepdaughter. "Grace, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you, Mama. I did tell Papa where I was going. Just not how I was getting there."

Nevaeh closed her eyes a moment. "Between you and Henry, I'm going to lose my mind. Stay close."

"Oh, man... We got to get him to an ER, fast," Neal said.

"It's pointless," Mr. Gold told them; his wound had turned a yellow-green color.

"What the hell is that?" Emma asked.

"It's poison. It's one of Hook's own making. There's no antidote in this world. It's... It's not from here."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. There's got to be some way we can save you," Neal told his father.

"There is, there is," Mr. Gold said.

"Storybrooke," Emma informed. "There's magic there now. We need to get him back."

"I'll get a car," Neal stated.

"No, no, no," Mr. Gold protested. "There's not enough time. We need something faster. The Captain's ship."

Emma frowned. "The Jolly Roger instead of a car?"

"It's the fastest vessel in all the realms."

"Well, that's great, but who's going to captain it, since the only qualified guy wants you dead?"

"I can," Neal offered.

"Bae?" Mr. Gold called.

"Yeah. I can do it."

"You know how to sail a pirate ship?" Emma questioned.

"Yeah. I do."

STORYBROOKE

Mary Margaret and David drove to the convent, where they met with Mother Superior outside. Jefferson walked up with a concerned expression.

"Mother Superior!" Mary Margaret cried. "We need your help."

"I know," Mother Superior said. "Something's wrong. I sense a great deal of dark magic has been expelled."

"That's why we're here. Cora and Regina are trying to find Gold's dagger," David informed.

"So they may control The Dark One."

"We're hoping your magic will find the dagger first. Please, Mother Superior, you're our only hope," Mary Margaret begged.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST - NIGHT

Snow White was wandering in the woods with a lantern. She scanned the stars in the sky and said, "Is that the star? ...Or is it that one?"

The Blue Fairy appeared and told her, "Worry not, Snow White. I have found you."

"The Blue Fairy. I knew you'd come, but... I didn't even make my wish yet."

"Well, I know when I'm needed. Your mother, the Queen, is sick."

"Yes. And if you don't help her with magic, she'll die."

"I can tell that you love your mother very much, Snow White. But fairy magic is the purest magic of all. And, alas, cheating death is the darkest of undertakings."

"Please... You can't just let her die."

"It is the way of the world."

"There has to be something you can do." She notice the Blue Fairy's demeanor change. "Yes. There is. You're just not telling me. What is it? Please."

"I may be able to conjure a remedy using a type of magic that is forbidden to fairies, except under the most dire of circumstances. You must promise to keep this a secret. No one must ever know."

"Yes. Yes, anything. Just help her." Snow White extended her hand.

The Blue Fairy magically conjured an odd looking candle, which appeared in Snow White's hand. "This candle is infused with magic that can save your mother's life. But all magic, especially magic this powerful, comes with a price."

"What is it?"

"In order for one to live... Another must die."

"I don't understand."

"To salvage a life beyond hope means breaking the laws of nature. So if you are to save a life, then you must lose one in return."

"But who must die?"

"That is for you to decide. You must hold this candle over the heart of your sacrifice and whisper their name. And, when the candle is lit, that person's life will be traded for your mother's."

"All she ever wanted was for me to be good. I can't trade someone else's life for hers."

"Then I'm afraid she will die."

NEW YORK - PRESENT - NEAL'S APARTMENT

Neal took out his cell phone and texted someone.

"What are you doing?" Emma and Nevaeh asked.

"Getting us a car," Neal replied.

"I thought you were suddenly a pirate and were going to take a ship," Emma said.

"Yeah, well, we still got to get his ass to the ship."

"So you know Hook?"

"It's a long story. Short version, is this world wasn't my first stop when I left home."

"No?"

"If it was, I'd be a couple hundred years old by now." His cell phone rang. "That should be our ride. Hang tight."

Neal answered his phone and left the room.

Henry and Grace entered with Emma's phone and the former said, "Emma, you need to see this."

"What is it, kids?" Emma questioned.

"It's a text from David and Mary Margaret. You need to read it - now." He handed the phone to Emma.

She read the text from Mary Margaret and said, "Bad news, Gold."

"What, worse than incurable poison?" Mr. Gold asked.

"I don't know. You tell me. You got a differ that's hidden somewhere in Storybrooke that's the source of all your power?"

"Get to your point."

"Cora's after it. The only way to stop her, is have David and Mary Margaret get to it first."

"Yeah, let Cora try."

"You can't seriously be willing to risk this. Not with your son coming back with you to Storybrooke."

"Miss Swan, that dagger has not left my possession for centuries. It's not about to now."

"Here's the thing. You're dying. And right now, we are your best hope. Time's come for you to start trusting someone. And, if I were you, I'd start with family."

STORYBROOKE

Mary Margaret, Mother Superior, Jefferson and David were standing outside Mr. Gold's shop. Mother Superior, using her wand, attempted to magically break through the protective barrier. However, her magic wasn't strong enough.

The wand burned in her hand and she dropped it to the ground before crying, "Ah! He's cast a protection spell."

"Well, then we need to try something equally powerful," Mary Margaret reasoned.

"Dark magic?" David suggested.

"Dear, you don't know what you're saying," Mother Superior said.

"Cora can't get that dagger," Mary Margaret told her. "If dark magic is the only thing that can break that protection spell, we need to make an exception and use it. Just like you told me once before."

"What... I never told you any such thing."

"Look, I kept your secret."

Mother Superior looked insulted at Mary Margaret's insinuation.

Jefferson looked between them. "Enough. We don't have time to argue. The town is in danger, again, and so might your daughter, my wife and my daughter."

David's phone rang. "Everybody hold on." He answered. "Emma? He told you where it is?" David looked to the town clock.

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Snow White ran down the halls of the castle until she reached her mother's chamber. She rushed to her bedside as Johanna, the doctor, and several attendants watched.

"Mother... I'm sorry," Snow White said. "I've done an awful thing."

"Snow? What is it?" Queen Eva asked.

"I went to the Blue Fairy and begged her to help... To save you with magic. But what she gave me? It... It was dark magic. A candle that could restore your life by taking away someone else's. It was the only way... But I couldn't do it. I'm sorry. I could've healed you. But I was too afraid."

"Snow... That wasn't fear. That was strength... Strength, to resist darkness. I am so proud of you."

"But now you won't get better."

"We all reach a moment in our lives, where we are not meant to get better. And with or without me, someday... You will be a great queen."

"Please... Don't leave me."

"As long as you hold the spirit of goodness in your heart, I shall never leave you." Queen Eva drew her last breath and died.

"Oh, no... No..."

Johanna approached Snow White and pulled her into a hug as she cried.

STORY BROOKE - PRESENT

David, Jefferson and Mary Margaret climbed up the clock tower until they reached the clock itself.

David took off a pane of glass and looked inside before saying, "It's here! A clever hiding place for a very clever man." He detached the dagger from the hand of the clock and handed it to Mary Margaret.

"We did it," Mary Margaret said.

"The Dark One can finally be controlled."

Jefferson nodded. "Now let's get out of here."

Cora and Regina magically appeared in a puff of purple smoke and the former stated, "Indeed he can be. But by whom?"

"Cora..." Mary Margaret began.

"You're too late," David told her.

Cora smiled. "Actually, it seems that we found you just in time."

Mary Margaret looked at Regina. "I told you to pick your side carefully. Good has won, just as it always does."

"I think the day's finally come, my darling Snow, for you to learn a long overdue lesson." She waved her hand and Johanna magically appeared.

"Johanna!"

"You see, in the end, it isn't good or evil that wins... But power."

Regina magically stuck her hand through Johanna's chest and pulled out her heart before saying, "Your choice."

FAIRY TALE LAND - PAST

Johanna and Snow White, both dressed in black, were in one of the rooms at the castle. Johanna lifted the diamond tiara out of its box and said, "It's time, Snow."

"Today was supposed to be a day of celebration," Snow White commented.

"And the kingdom needs you more than ever. They will find strength through your goodness."

"Where will I find my strength?"

"Where you always have – from your mother." Johanna handed the tiara to Snow White, who proceeded to place it on her head.

Snow White looked at herself in the mirror. "She was right. It is heavy."

---

The citizens of the kingdom had gathered for the Queen's funeral. Snow White entered and walked down the aisle between the people towards where Queen Eva's body laid on a raised platform.

"I miss you... so much." Snow White said as she placed a flower on top of the Queen's body. She stepped down to the floor and turned to face the altar. Everyone in the room knelt. Snow White closed her eyes, and, eventually, was the only one left in the room.

Johanna entered and touched Snow White's shoulder before saying, "It's over, my dear. It's time to let her go."

Snow White stood and the two of them left the room. When the coast is clear, the Blue flew flies in, whom then transformed into Cora.

"I hate that outfit," Cora said. "Don't know how that fairy stands it." She approached the altar. "As for you... Poison looks good on you. And death is most certainly your color." She picked up the flower that Snow White left. "You raised her well. My daughter doesn't love me the way yours does you. Snow would've been a great ruler someday, but that'll never happen, because my daughter will be Queen. And all yours will be left with is knowing how I've felt... How it feels to be the Miller's daughter. I'll turn Snow White's heart black as coal. That candle won't be her final test. And once I've darkened her soul, it won't just be you I've destroyed. It'll be your legacy." She kissed two of her fingers and placed them on Queen Eva's lips.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - CLOCK TOWER

"Do not harm her," Mary Margaret ordered. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Of course she does," Cora replied.

"Whatever they want, Snow, don't give it to them," Johanna told her.

"Quiet, handmaid."

David drew his gun.

"Mother, watch out," Regina warned.

Cora magically knocked the gun from David's hand. She knocked Jefferson into a wall as he went to lunge at her.

"Leave me, Snow!" Johanna cried.

Regina began squeezing Johanna's heart, causing her to yell in pain.

"Enough of this," Cora said. "Surrender the dagger. We all know you'll follow your mother's example, no matter the cost. All she ever wanted was for you to be good."

Mary Margaret frowned. "Those words... Where did you hear those words?"

"Where do you think?"

"The Blue Fairy made me swear never to speak of the candle again. Not because it was a secret... But because it wasn't her."

"The dagger, dear."

"She didn't give me that candle. You did. My mother wasn't sick at all, was she?"

"Oh, she was quite sick."

"You did all of this. You killed my mother!"

"Actually, the candle would've worked. You could've saved her."

"But you knew I wouldn't. Why? Why did you take her from me?"

"To make my daughter the Queen."

"Hand over the dagger," Regina demanded.

"No," Mary Margaret retorted. "No. I will not let you win. Not again!"

"You've already lost your mother," Cora reminded her. "How many connections to her do you have left? Not many, I'd wager."

"If we give up the dagger, we can still win," David said.

"Let me go, Snow," Johanna begged. "It's all right."

Regina squeezed Johanna's heart again.

"What would she say if she could see you now?" Cora questioned. "If she wasn't dead." Regina continued squeezing Johanna's heart, causing her to yell out in pain. "The dagger, dear."

"Enough!" Mary Margaret yelled, throwing the dagger to the ground and Regina released her grip on Johanna's heart.

Cora magically summoned the dagger to her hand. "Such a good girl."

"You have what you came for."

Regina put Johanna's heart back into her chest. Johanna rushed over to Mary Margaret and David.

"Not quiet everything."

Cora magically threw Johanna through the face of the clock, causing her to fall to her death. Mary Margaret looked out, devastated at the sight before her eyes. David attempted to comfort her.

"Well, there you go," Regina said. "You see where good gets you?"

Regina and Cora magically apparated away in a puff of purple smoke.

Jefferson huffed and muttered, "She's still as awful as ever." He made his way back home to his twins and Scarlet who'd been watching them.

---

Regina and Cora arrived at Regina's mayoral office. Cora sat in the chair behind the desk and laid the dagger in front of her.

"It's nice to be back," Regina stated. "Hiding is quite wearisome."

"I like what you've done with the place," Cora complimented.

"I'm so happy you approve."

"What is it, my love? You're troubled."

"You never told me about your history with Snow's mother."

"I spared you that burden, like any good parent would do."

"You didn't think I deserved to know exactly what it took for me to become Queen?"

"Now you know."

"That day at the stables, when I rescued her? That wasn't an accident, was it?"

PAST FAIRY TALE WORLD - FLASHBACK

A young Regina/Evil Queen was reading a book, when Cora interrupted her and said, "Regina, sweetie, it's time for your riding lesson."

Regina frowned. "Mother, I have no lesson today."

"Oh, I thought you'd be happy. I arranged for you to have more time with Rocinante."

"Of course. Thank you. I'll send the stable boy for my saddle right away."

A young Snow White and Johanna rode on horseback n the woods. They were with King Leopold and his entourage.

Regina spoke. "You made sure I'd be in the pastures when Snow rode past."

"I'm so tired of these endless journeys," Snow White said.

"Your father, the King, is a lonely man," Johanna told her. "Someday, his wanderings will end."

"You had to make sure when I met Snow White..."

Snow White's horse was spooked and took off through the forest. Cora hid behind a tree.

"Her father would be searching for a new Queen."

Regina and Daniel were meeting by the stables.

A distressed Snow White rode past and cried, "Help me! Help!"

"Shh," Regina said. "Someone's here."

"Someone help me!"

"And what does this knowledge change for you?" Cora asked.

"That you won, mother," Regina replied. "I am the Queen. And, if that's what you wanted so badly, why do you need Rumpelstiltskin's dagger now?"

"You're worried my interests are no longer aligned with yours."

"My only interest now is Henry."

"And I've told you - you'll have him."

"But how? Now that Mary Margaret and David know we have the dagger, we can't use Gold to kill then without Henry finding out. Or even Jackie."

"Have patience, my love. By the time Rumpelstiltskin returns, Emma Swan, Nevaeh Hatter and the rest of them will be nothing more than a vaguely unpleasant memory. And Henry, will be yours."

NEW YORK

Emma, Nevaeh and Neal were walking to the car Neal had arranged for.

"It should be one more block west," Neal said.

"Once we get the car, what do we do about Hook?" Emma asked.

"I don't know. He made his way to New York. I'm sure he could make his way out of a basement. You two have a problem leaving him behind?"

Nevaeh nodded. "He's family. I wouldn't want to leave him behind."

Emma glanced at her before saying, "Actually, I've done it before."

"Great," Neal replied.

"I have to admit, after some of the things you've said, I'm surprised you'd rally to his side like this," Emma said.

"There's a difference between running away from your father, and watching him die in front of you. He may be a monster, but he's my blood."

"What happens when he's healed?"

"I don't know. Forgiveness ain't something I think is possible with him."

"But somewhere inside you, you hope someday, it will be."

"Life's full of surprises, isn't it?"

"Well, no matter what, it'll be nice for Henry to be around you for a little bit, even if it is just for a visit."

"Here's our car." He ran over to a gray car and grabbed a set of keys from behind the wheel.

"Please tell me we are not going to hot-wire this thing."

"No. Uh... It belongs to a friend."

"That's a generous friend."

"Yeah, about that. Um... We need to finish our conversation from earlier. There's something you need to know about me before we get on the ship."

A woman, Tamara, called out to Neal and ran up to them. "Neal! Thank God I caught you."

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know. I... Maybe I got a little worried after talking to you. You can't just say you're... Leaving town for awhile."

"Hey. Yeah, listen. Everything's fine, okay? I promise."

"Great, sweetie. Just tell me what's going on."

"Neal?" Emma called.

"I'm Tamara." She and Emma shook hands.

"Emma."

"She's my fiancée," Neal explained.

STORYBROOKE

Mary Margaret and David were in the graveyard. Mary Margaret planted flowers on top of Johanna's grave. Scarlet remained behind, as she felt the need to be there for her friend.

"It was a beautiful service," David commented.

"That never should've happened," Mary Margaret said. "Johanna was an innocent."

"You can't blame yourself. You did the best you could do in an impossible situation."

"And yet, Regina's family mausoleum remains untouched."

"Mary Margaret..."

"I've had the same rule my entire life - hold on to goodness. It's what my mother taught me. How many more lives is following that lesson going to take away from me?"

"You can't let Cora make you lost faith in who you are - someone who does the right thing. You know, that's exactly what she wants."

"I made the 'right' decision, when I stopped Regina's execution all those years ago. When it could've saved us all of this heartache. I made the 'right' decision when I sent Emma through the wardrobe alone, and we didn't see her first steps. I made the 'right' decision, when I let my own mother die from Cora's poison."

"And we keep beating them."

"At what cost? All I want is our happy ending. It's time. We've earned it. No more lives lost. No more hearts broken."

"The dagger... It's useless until Gold returns to Storybrooke. We have time. We'll get it back. And when we do, we can bring Cora and Regina to justice."

"I don't care about justice anymore. We keep thinking that people will change. What if that's wrong? What if I'm the one who has to change?"

"Change how?"

"I'm going to kill Cora."

Scarlet walked up and said, "That isn't smart. It'll darken your heart, Mary Margaret."

Mary Margaret met her eyes. "She killed someone innocent. I'll do what I must."

"This isn't the way to go about it. Revenge never ends well."

"And how would you know?"

"Trust me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
95.5K 3.5K 35
Vanessa Mills is the daughter of Regina Mills and her first love, Daniel Colter, also known as the Stable Boy. Her magic may be dark, but her heart i...
56.7K 1K 20
Y/n is Captain Hook's daughter and has been living in Storybrooke for a while now. Currently, Emma and Regina are trying to break the trigger for the...
124K 4.1K 104
***The sequel to Dreams Comes True*** This book occurs after Regina confesses to Gold that she will get revenge for Cora's death. While trying to st...