Rise of Kings and Queens

Da lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 17

15 5 21
Da lobo1989

DEPENDENCY STRIKES AGAIN, LED BY LIN CRESPO.

By L.M.Taurus

5/11/0027 UWC

9 hours before headline

Leonie read a letter from Esme. She told her about the incident that happened in Canada. Leonie first read about the incident in the United Global. The newspaper had no mention of Luan's injury. Esme had kept his injury a secret from the paper.

Luan seemed to be recovering in one of the world military's hospitals. Leonie wanted to go visit him, but Esme ordered her to stay in Haiti. Leonie had been left in charge of taking care of the recovery of Haiti.

Haiti had made a lot of progress in the past couple of months.

Leonie put the letter down and made her way outside. She stood outside and under the sun, enjoying the Caribbean air. "This place is beautiful," she said.

"I completely agree," said Calixte, who stood across from Leonie with her two friends, Allegra and Lovelie. They were the girls who were saved by Kara and Irma during the hurricane. The three girls had volunteered to help rebuild Haiti and have been working under Leonie for the past couple of months.

"Good morning, girls," said Leonie.

"Good morning, Ms. Kaiser," said the girls in unison.

"Has there been any news when the next shipment of supplies is supposed to arrive?" asked Leonie.

"That's the reason why we're here," said Calixte. "They're arriving any minute now. We figured you would want to be there when it does."

"You are correct," said Leonie as she walked between them. "Let's go. One of you can drive me."

"Yes ma'am," said Allegra who took the lead.

The four girls got in a howler and Allegra drove them to the port. At the port they could see two airships flying in the distance.

"That's probably our shipment," said Leonie as she got out of the howler.

"What about the other airship?" asked Calixte.

"I'm not sure. Let's see if Jenniflore knows anything about it." Leonie led the girls to Jenniflore.

Jenniflore stood at the edge of the port with another woman. The two women turned around when they noticed Leonie and the girls approaching. "Morning Ms. Kaiser," said Jenniflore. "I see the girls told you about the shipment."

"They did," said Leonie. "I hope they've been a good help."

"They've been a great help. Everyone loves them. Especially the men." Calixte and her friends blushed. "They've been great for morale," said Jenniflore.

Leonie looked back at the girls. "I hope none of the boys have gotten handsy with any of you."

"Ha," said Jenniflore. "One tried. Calixte quickly made him regret it."

"Is that so?" said Leonie, looking at Calixte. The girl gave Leonie a nod as she held her head down.

"Calixte seems to be quite the capable fighter," said Jenniflore. "We were very impressed."

"Now that's something I would have liked to see," said Leonie.

"How rude of me," said Jenniflore as she remembered something. "Let me introduce you to my friend, Beatrice. She has been helping us around the camp. Beatrice is what you would call a jack of all trades. She can cook, heal, and even get her hands dirty with the heavy equipment. I've seen her fix one of our old howlers."

"Now that is impressive," said Leonie. "It's very nice to meet you, Beatrice."

"Likewise, my lady," said Beatrice.

"My lady," repeated Leonie with distaste. "Don't call me that. I'm not royalty."

"But some of us do see you as royalty," said Beatrice. "Three members of the world military leaders are actually princesses and a prince. Some of the people are starting to refer to the world military leaders as our real kings and queens."

"Now that's way too much," said Leonie. "I'm no queen."

"Maybe you should be. Your countries have done so much for my people and it's because of the world military leaders. I think you would make a great queen."

Leonie found herself blushing, and moved forward and past the women to look into the distance at the airships approaching. "Jenniflore, would you happen to know what's going on with that other airship?"

"No ma'am," answered Jenniflore. "We were thinking maybe it could be one of your squadmates. Esme and Kara have been in and out of the country for the past couple of months."

"Esme didn't mention anything that she would be returning to Haiti. Maybe it could be Kara, but considering what happened in Canada, I would assume she would head there instead."

"Aren't the airships getting way too close to each?" asked Lovelie as she pointed towards them.

"Yes they are," said Leonie as she watched them carefully.

Leonie could see people getting on the edge of the deck of the airship. She didn't recognise any of them. She couldn't tell what they were doing until she spotted the cannons. "It's an attack," said Leonie and right when she said those words, the enemy ship fired its cannons at the supply airship.

Leonie and the women could only watch as the enemy airship shot down the supply airship. The supply airship fell to the ocean. Leonie was about to give the order to send a rescue team but noticed the enemy airship wasn't retreating, it was heading towards the port.

"Girls, get all hands on deck. We're about to be in a battle," said Leonie as she walked away.

"Ms. Kaiser," called out Jenniflore. "Where are you going?"

"To put my armor on," answered Leonie, not stopping her stride.

Leonie returned to port with her world military medic armor on. She had a club on one hand as she approached her men at port. The men stood by cannons, waiting for the order to fire them. Jenniflore stood behind the men. Leonie joined her. She noticed Calixte and her friends were manning cannons.

"We fire on your order," said Jenniflore.

"Not yet," said Leonie. "Do we know who they are?"

"Probably pirates."

"They're not pirates. Pirates steal the loot, not destroy it."

"Dependency?"

"I think so," said Leonie. "I want to capture whoever their leader is. That's why I don't want to shoot their ship down."

"But ma'am," protested Jenniflore. "If we let them get any closer, they'll be able to fire upon us."

"Men," called out Leonie. "On my mark, I want you to fire at the sails of that ship. I don't want you to shoot at their deck. We're going to arrest these people."

"Yes ma'am," said the men in unison as they aimed their cannons higher.

"Ready," yelled Leonie as she raised her arm. "Fire!" she said, bringing her arm down with force. Calixte and the men fired their cannons, hitting the sails of the airship and sending everyone on the deck into disarray. They could see some of the enemy fall out of the sky and into the ocean.

Leonie and her men watched as the enemy's airship crashed into the beach. "Soldiers, follow me," yelled Leonie as she led them to the beach.

At the beach they were met by the enemy who were struggling to crawl out of the water. Leonie tried to look for whoever seemed like their leader, and spotted him. She couldn't believe who she was seeing. Lin Crespo climbed out of the wreckage in his armor.

"Remember soldiers," yelled Leonie. "I want them brought in alive."

Leonie ran right towards Lin Crespo as the soldiers followed her example and went after the other enemies. The enemies were no match for the world military soldiers and their armor.

Leonie went after Lin Crespo who saw her coming. He used his armor arm to block her attack. Lin Crespo aimed his arm-cannon at Leonie who pushed it away as he fired. The blast missed Leonie, who slammed her club on his side. He winced as she continued her attack. She gave him a furious combination as Lin tried his best to defend himself. She was about to finish him off when she was blasted away by someone else's attack.

Leonie looked up and saw some men helping Lin Crespo up. Next to Lin were two other guys with similar armors.

"Shit," said a beat up Lin Crespo. "You're supposed to be the medic. You shouldn't be this good of a fighter."

Leonie got back on her feet, glaring at Lin Crespo.

"Sir," said one of the men who helped Lin Crespo up. "We need to get you out of here."

"Fine, fine," said Lin Crespo. "You two," he said, pointing at the men with the armors similar to him. "Hold her back." Lin Crespo made his escape as the two men fired upon Leonie.

Leonie jumped out of the way from the blasts. She was having a hard time countering the enemy with them firing upon her. Finally one of the men got hit in the back by Calixte and her friends. The girls ran away while the enemy chased them.

Leonie moved in after the other enemy. He brought up his arm-cannon to fire upon Leonie, but she was too fast. She pushed his arm-cannon to the side, causing him to miss. She slammed her club hard upon his head, knocking him off balance. Leonie was worried about the girls as she heard cannon fire in the direction they went. With all of her force she slammed her club down on the enemy's head. The enemy went down with a thud.

Leonie ran as fast as she could and found Calixte and her friends standing by the brush. Beatrice was with them. The girls were out of breath.

"Are you okay?" she asked them.

"Yes," managed to answer Calixte.

"What happened to the enemy?"

The girls hesitated as they looked at each other. "He got away," answered Beatrice. "I surprised him when I arrived and he ran off."

"Great," said Leonie. "Lin Crespo got away too, and I think I killed the other armored guy. Hey, at least we're all still alive."

The girls smiled at Leonie.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

943 128 18
Bru, a child created by the Womb of the Daughter of the Generations colony ship, is the first of her kind in 200 years, and the ship's natural-born i...
214 53 33
BOOK 2 After chaos destroyed, America fell into pandemonium and there was no communication with the U.S. After a pandemic crisis on the East coast, m...
362 54 27
"You don't know how strong you are, until strength is the only choice you have."~Google In the world of bombs and shootings, in a corrupt world, ther...
271 7 18
In the distant future, the Earth's biosphere is on the verge of ecosystem collapse. Nations plotted against each other using advanced weapons of mas...