The girl by the lake

By Lyla22498

Thomas (Tom for short) moves to a lake house with his dad because of his mothers death. Tom meets a girl nam... More

Chapter 1: It all begins
Chapter 2: Dad
Chapter 3: Ashley
Chapter 4: The Tree
Chapter 5: Lost in the Woods
Chapter 6: Fishing
Chapter 7: Wondering
Chapter 8: School
Chapter 10: Fishing...... Again
Chapter 11: Going Back
Chapter 12: The truth
Chapter 13: On the bus
Chapter 14: When does school end?!

Chapter 9: Cody

6 1 0
By Lyla22498

I walked back into the forest hoping to see Cody. I easily found myself next to the "wonder tree". "Hey there human!" "Ahhh!" I shouted. "Hey. Sorry didn't mean to scare ya. How's it goin? I heard you're going to school now." Whew. Who knew ghosts could talk so much? "It's going good. I made a new friend." I feel like a kindergarten kid after a first day in school. "Well that's nice. So, I have a feelin' you're here to ask me something?" Dang he was good. "Yeah actually. I was wondering what this girl was talking about when she said something about a queen? She tried to cover her words up with a fake conversation but it didn't work very well." I ask curiously. "Hey dude, she might be like one of those kids who are like in a cult or something." He said. "Yeah maybe."

"Hey dude, wanna see my house?" He asked. Normally if this was someone else then I decline but this was my first friend since moving here so I accepted. "Sure." We started walking in a direction that I don't know, you know, being a city kid and all. We get to a makeshift tent. "Tadaaa! This is my house!" Cody said enthusiastically. "Well this is something." I reply. "Isn't it great? It has everything a ghost would need. A bed, books, a tv. Everything a ghost would need is in here!" He boasts. To me it looks like a old thin blanket  thrown over two boulders with a stick in the middle with a mixture of blankets, pillows, leaves  and sticks thrown into the shape of a bed. "Uh yeah it's um.... good. I would totally live here." "Well don't worry, we can hang out sometime and you can stay." I have gotten better at having a poker face so I just smiled and nodded.

"Well the sun is setting so I wouldn't want to make you walk in the dark. Especially with all the Sirens. You might be lured into the lake." He said as-a-matter-of-factly. "Wait, did you just say sirens?!" "Uh yeah. Haven't you heard of the legend of the sirens here in this town?" "Uh no. Are you serious? I mean you are a ghost so I guess it must be true?" "Well to be honest I never actually seen one, but I have heard of them!" This town keeps getting creepier and creepier.

Authors note: a siren is a creature who lures its prey into the water with a beautiful song

Why does this always happen to me? Like one minute  I'm having a conversation when this "siren talk" is going on. I am truly cursed.

I walk back into the direction I came and stopped  at the "wonder tree" and looked to see and take in my surroundings. I head back to the house.

Hey guys this was just a filler thingie. I might be writing another story along with this one but idk. I hoped you like it and don't forget to vote, comment and obviously like :) !!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 10.3K 55
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
24.9K 50 11
baca ajaa, terserah. ga suka ga usah dibacaa Tapi jangan lupa vote. Boleh request mau yg gimna, komen ajaaaa Siapa tau ada yang pengin request bisa c...
45.1K 4.3K 40
αž‘αŸ†αž“αžΆαž€αŸ‹αž‘αŸ†αž“αž„αžšαžœαžΆαž„αž€αŸ’αž˜αž½αž™αž“αž·αž„αž–αžΌαžŠαŸ‚αž›αž…αžΆαž”αŸ‹αž•αŸ’αžαžΎαž˜αž‘αžΎαž„αž˜αž€αžŠαŸ„αž™αž–αžΆαž€αŸ’αž™αžαžΆαž’αž»αž‰!! αž’αž»αž‰αž‚αŸ’αžšαž”αŸ‹αž–αŸαž›αžŠαŸ‚αž›αžƒαžΎαž‰αž˜αž»αžαž‚αŸ’αž“αžΆ αž’αž»αž‰αž‚αŸ’αžšαž”αŸ‹αž–αŸαž›αžŠαŸ‚αž›αž“αž·αž™αžΆαž™αž˜αž·αž“αž…αŸαŸ‡αžŸαŸ’αžαžΆαž”αŸ‹αž αžΎαž™αž€αŸαžšαŸ†αžαžΆαž“αŸ‹αž€αžΆαžšαž„αžΆαžš αž”αŸ‰αž»αž“αŸ’αžαŸ‚αžŸαž»αžαžŸαž»αž αž€αŸ’αž˜αž½...
8.4M 502K 64
The fiery sequel to Death Is My BFF Rewritten and 2016 WATTY AWARDS winner... The book you should read before this one is "Death is My BFF Rewritten...