𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...

By elle_grace12

☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ✧✧✧ "What did you see?" "I'm not su... More

⋆*.𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭⋆*.
𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) forks, washington
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨) bella swan
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) blood lust
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) bath water
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱) locked thoughts
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) a single apple
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) black ice
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) either way
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧) your funeral
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) question of love
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) adrenaline
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the sun
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) composting
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) geraldine
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) conspiracy
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) on our own
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) sorting it out
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) visions of vampires
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲) meet the cullens
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞) the history
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨) american pastime
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) bitter end
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) the storm inside her head
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) crazy?
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱) airport arrivals
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) not enough
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) anxiety
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) the truth
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲) memories
𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) isle estella
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨) romeo, romeo
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) not eighteen forever
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) blood stained
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) another tribulation
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱) cold comfort
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) mother and son
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) so long, farewell
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) ithaca, new york
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧) to new beginnings
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) an assortment of bugs
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) a burden
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) attitudes
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) turn around
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) race against time
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the volturi
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) bella's breakdown
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) back home again
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the fool
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲) when everything went wrong
𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐞
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) unhomely living
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨) stubborn
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) victoria
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) jacob black
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) the world is spinning too fast
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱) cleansed soul
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) against the world
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) don't drive, don't jump
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) collection of mugs
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧) rosalie
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) graduation
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) competition in disguise
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) self sabotaged
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) the newborn army
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) caius and jane
𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞) wedding preparation
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨) bella and edward
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞) forever and more
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) vampires go into shock
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) monster baby
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱) the changing
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) liars and liars and liars
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) anything
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) spilt flour
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧) the movements of the tribe
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧) words don't make sense
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞) the mind that wasn't hers
(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) come back to me
𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞) concerned questions

2.3K 105 29
By elle_grace12

✧✧✧

ESTE DIDN'T CARE FOR FRIDAYS. She understood the appeal of course, the day before the weekend. Este did enjoy the weekend, Carlisle very rarely worked unless he got called in. After all, with a small populated town there wasn't that much work going on around the clock. He did as much as he could, Carlisle enjoyed work as much as Este did but the same as her, he'd rather they spent time together.

Fridays went by as any day would for Este. After the words of Carlisle, she'd been feeling a lot more content about everything. Her lessons became more fluid and her presence retained. This seemed to be reflected in the other Cullens moods too. She wondered whether they'd all been dramatic after all. Edward would be back soon and everything could go back to normal. At least that's what she hoped.

Este spent her lunch times marking. There were fresh flowers on her desk now. Tulips that Carlisle had given her that morning before he went to work. She'd pressed the petals of the drying roses as she always did with the flowers that Carlisle bought her, placing a few in her small black book before she cleaned out the water in the vase and let the tulips take the spotlight. Next to the tulips was a small glass pencil jar filled with water, there sat some daises the younger students had collected over lunch on Wednesday. She found it sweet.

Este had been reading, annotating the words with a pencil as she studied the work with a furrowed brow. She'd been so concentrated in the words of the book, legs crossed in her spinning desk chair, that she hadn't heard any footsteps approaching. It wasn't until she heard a knock on the door that she became aware there was someone watching her.

She looked up with a start, her eyes widening in surprise as they landed on Bella Swan. She had her arms folded nervously, her eyes skating around, never making contact. Este frowned for a moment before her face broke into her regular teacher smile. Este had been trying not to think of Bella that particular day, she had no idea why she'd be standing in the doorway.

"Can I help you Bella?" Este asked kindly.

"Um... yes" Bella nodded as she pulled her backpack over her shoulder and opened it, rifling inside "I um... started my essay, the one you set on Wednesday and I know it's not due until next week but I wasn't sure if I was heading in the right direction... with the argument so I was wondering if you could look over it, the start anyway"

Bella spoke very fast, it reminded Este of Alice. She pulled a slightly bent piece of paper out of her bag, straightening it out as she placed it on the desk.

"Of course" Este smiled as she took the paper in her hands and lay back in her chair, eyes skating over the words. From what she could tell, Bella could've wrote this essay before. Everything seemed perfect from the spelling to the wording. The title covered the argument and within the introduction she'd already spelt out everything she was going to talk about.

"I like your flowers" Bella added politely, looking at the tulips shining in the light of the mid afternoon.

"Thank you" Este replied casually as she continued reading the essay, "my husband seems to be addicted to buying flowers so I bring some of them here so I don't crowd the house"

"That's lovely" Bella replied.

"Oh it is" Este said, her mind still in thought about the essay, "he's brilliant... as is this" she placed the paper back on the desk, "the argument is great, you haven't made any mistakes but I'd suggest you lose one of the points if you want to get this in the word count. Other than that, you needn't worry"

"Thank you" Bella took back the paper, her eyes still on the tulips,

"Was there anything else?" Este asked curiously.

"I've noticed that Edward hasn't been in school" Bella said very quickly as though worried she was going to regret saying anything. Este was completely taken aback, she stared at Bella for a moment wondering what possessed her to say such a thing. Edward hadn't exactly made the best first impression, why did she care he was gone? Este was starting to wonder whether Bella had wanted feedback on her essay at all.

"Yeah he's not here at the moment" Este picked her words carefully, "did you need him for something? I was under the impression you'd be slightly relieved to get the biology table to yourself"

"Oh it's nothing like that" Bella frowned, "I was just um... curious, I don't need him for anything and yes I suppose having the table to myself is nice—"

"Bella is there something wrong?" Este interrupted, she was starting to worry that Bella knew more than she was letting on.

"No" Bella shook her head immediately, "I was just... it's stupid but I was going to confront him about his attitude towards me but then he vanished... I don't know why I said anything"

"It's alright" Este said casually, "Edward will be back soon"

"You didn't say anything to him did you?" Bella continued, "about what happened... I didn't want to cause a fuss"

"I didn't talk to him about it, no" Este muttered, she propped her elbows on the table in front of her, watching Bella's eyes very carefully. They never stayed the same place for very long, always darting away at the last moment. Este didn't know what to make of any of this. Why did she care that Edward wasn't in school? No one else had thought much of it. Did she think it was because of her? How could she possibly make that assumption even if it couldn't be closer to the truth?

"Why's Edward not in school?"

Este was staring at Bella very calculatingly now. Her brow furrowed as she leant back in her chair. It seemed that Bella had noticed the slight change in her usually very friendly personality. Este wasn't deliberately being intimidating, she was simply very confused, worried, slightly annoyed even if Bella had done nothing wrong.

"He's gone away" Este said slowly, "personal reasons"

"Sorry" Bella shook her head with a loud sigh, "I shouldn't have asked, it's none of my business"

"It's alright Bella" Este murmured, "curiosity isn't a sin... Edward will be back soon it's nothing serious. Was there anything else?"

"No" Bella shook her head, "thank you... um, bye"

Este didn't reply to Bella's goodbye, she was frozen for a moment. Unsure what it was she was doing. The book was still open to her right but she didn't want to read it anymore. She snapped it closed, throwing it into her bag as she placed her bag over her shoulder. Este moved from her chair and slid into the hallway, turning to see that Bella had made it around the corner at the end of the corridor.

Hazel was walking towards Este with her arms folded, looking very professional.

"Everything alright?" Hazel asked, taking in Este's evidently concerned expression.

"Not exactly" Este shook her head, feeling out of breath. "I have to leave... will you tell someone? Say I'm sorry but... I'm not feeling well, migraine"

"Oh that's terrible" Hazel frowned, "yes I'll let someone know... get some rest"

"Yes I will do" Este nodded before she turned and paced as quick as she could at human speed. She pushed her way out the back door and towards her car, pressing the button on her keys and throwing her bag onto the passenger seat. She wasn't sure what she was doing but her mind was so full of chaos that she knew she couldn't stay in that school for a moment longer. Her conscious was contained with questions. Este was incredibly confused but she knew as she pulled her seatbelt over herself and turned the key in the ignition that she had to go speak to Carlisle.

The Ferrari tore down the winding roads of Forks, trees blurred dark green passed her window and she didn't come into contact with any other vehicles as she swerved into the hospital and parked right at the front of the small car park. Este left her bag, locking the car and shoving her keys into the pocket of her trousers as she strode into the front of the hospital.

There were two people who worked at reception most days. Este knew them well at this point since she visited Carlisle so often. They were a lot nicer than those who had worked in Alaska and Colorado from what she had seen. They were twins. Kaidan and Imaan. Both were very sweet and often amusing.

They looked up as Este walked in. Imaan was wearing a hijab of powder blue today, a large smile on her face. Este tried her best to look cheerful even when she felt the opposite. She moved to the desk as Kaidan stared up at her, his game of snake still active on the computer.

"Este, how are you?" Imaan asked her.

"Great" Este forged another smile, "you?"

"Oh we're great" Kaiden replied, "but not very busy, fancy breaking a bone so we'll have something to do?"

"Tempting offer but I'll have to turn you down, I'm here to see Carlisle"

"Of course you are" Imaan rolled her eyes.

"Never here to see us" Kaidan added sarcastically as his snake hit against the wall.

"He's in his office" Imaan smiled, "as Kaidan said, we're quite quiet here"

"Thank you" Este grinned as she turned on her heel and started walking through the hospital. Doctors walked past her as she made her way through the small halls. Some of them she recognised, they cast small smiles her way. She glanced into one of the rooms to see a doctor with his head in his hands, some patient yelling at him. Este felt amused as she continued up the steps and then to the fifth door on her left.

Before she could make it, she heard voices coming from the room she knew belonged to Carlisle. She stopped before she got to the door listening.

"So then I told him that he'd only sprained his knee and it wasn't anything serious but he wasn't listening" the woman said.

"Mmm hmm" Carlisle replied. Este tried not to laugh, he very obviously was not paying attention in the slightest. Knowing Carlisle he was probably in the middle of doing something, he didn't like being interrupted while doing his work, un less of course it was Este doing the interrupting.

"I got my hair done yesterday" the woman added causing Este to frown as she leant against the wall,

"Did you" Carlisle muttered in a bored tone.

"Do you like it?"

Este raised her eyebrows, pushing away from the wall. She heard the tone of voice as though it'd been tattooed on her ears. She was flirting with him, Este couldn't believe it. She was completely taken aback, if she'd been in a bad mood before that had only strengthened.

"Is it different?" Carlisle asked blankly, probably completely oblivious to what was going on. Despite being very smart he could be ridiculously stupid at times.

"Yes" the woman seemed taken aback, "Tony said he liked it"

"Did he" Carlisle went back to his empty responses.

"So... are you doing much this weekend?" The woman continued. Este kept wanting to interrupt but she was intrigued to where the woman was going with this. She must know that Carlisle was married. He didn't make it a secret. Este showed up all the time, he wore his ring every day and had a photo of her at his desk.

"I'm not sure" said Carlisle.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner?"

"What?" Carlisle sounded confused, maybe he'd finally caught on. Este wasn't going to give her much time to say anything else. She rounded the corner, knocking very loudly on the door, "come in!" Carlisle called, his tone sounded grateful as though he'd do anything to get himself out of the situation he'd been placed in.

Este pushed the door open, looking first to the woman standing in front of his desk. She had bleached blonde hair with darker roots. She seemed older than both Carlisle and Este, their human ages that was. She must be mid thirties. She wore a bad fake tan and a lab coat. She seemed surprised to see Este standing there, casting a judgmental look up and down. Este had to stop herself from scoffing.

"Stella" Carlisle beamed, breathing a sigh of relief. The tone in which he said it, the way he looked up and the gaze that he had contained in his eyes was probably all it took for the woman to realise that she was in with no chance. Either that or she was very dense.

"Hi" Este smiled lightly as she walked into the room, "if you'd excuse us" she turned coldly to the woman, "I need to speak to my husband"

The woman started at them for a moment before she nodded, eyes staring at the floor. She turned and hurried out of the room and shut the door behind her.

"Did you hear that?" Carlisle stared at Este, "did she just ask me out?"

"You're so clueless Carlisle" Este stared at him, "did you not recognise the evident flirting?"

"Flirting?" Carlisle frowned, "are you sure?"

"Very" Este nodded with an amused smile, "who is she anyway?"

"Hayley... different department" he added, "I don't actually know her very well but she talks to everyone in a similar way. It gets annoying, I don't even know where she came from, one second I was doing my work the next I was hearing about Richard Statton and his sprained knee"

Este laughed as she moved around the desk and sat lightly on the edge of it as Carlisle leant back in his chair,

"That's not exactly what I was expecting when I thought I'd come see you" Este tilted her head, "although I shouldn't be surprised that women are just throwing themselves at you I mean... look at you"

Carlisle laughed again.

"Right, I'm also very openly married" he pointed out, gesturing to the photos on his desk and the ring on his hand, "I mean... did she really think... do people have that much audacity?"

"Looks like it" Este shrugged, "maybe she was hoping you'd gotten bored of me"

"Right" Carlisle scoffed, "she's seen the photo of you, I think it would be an impossibility in anyones mind that you would be someone I could get bored of"

"You make a fair point" Este drawled sarcastically, "do tell me if she makes another advance, I need something good to laugh about"

"Trust me I'll be avoiding her even more now" Carlisle raised his eyebrows, "I can't go through that again, thank god you showed up I was frozen still"

"I saw" Este laughed.

"You're supposed to be at work" Carlisle suddenly noticed, the numerous event of the woman flirting with Carlisle seemed to have knocked this fact from his mind. Now he stared at his watch and back of Este with an expression of concern.

"I know, I couldn't stay"

"What happened?"

"Well... it seems stupid now" Este sighed. The journey from the school to the hospital and the small laugh she'd had with Carlisle had been enough to calm her down. Yet as she retraced the events of the classroom with Bella there was still some definite mystery to it, something that didn't sit right with her.

"Go on" Carlisle encouraged.

"Bella came to see me, Bella Swan" she clarified even though Carlisle knew exactly who she meant, "she came to me asking that I mark her essay, of course that's not why she was really there, at least I'm guessing. She asked me where Edward had gone, said she'd noticed he wasn't in school, that was her actual intention"

"She wanted to know where Edward had gone?" Carlisle frowned, "why would she care?"

"I don't know, they hadn't even spoken to each other" Este sighed, "but... she went out of her way to ask me and none of the other students have been talking about Edward's absence, I've been listening"

"I thought she'd be happy considering what happened with them" Carlisle added.

"That's what I said and in a way she agreed with me but... there was more behind her words I could tell. She told me that she'd been planning to confront him. I suppose her curiosity probably stemmed from his treatment of her... at least I'm guessing"

"It stressed you out?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes" Este nodded immediately, "it's just... at the time it felt as though she knew too much, as though she was hiding something but I realise now that was probably stupid. She can't know anything and... I was just thinking too deeply into it"

"Probably" Carlisle smiled lightly, "but being anxious about all this is only natural"

"I know" Este sighed, "I didn't like the expression in her eyes when she mentioned him"

"What expression was it?"

"It's stupid" Este shook her head.

"Stella" Carlisle laughed lightly in an obvious way. She always did this, not liking to say things in case it sounded ridiculous. However she could find the most stupid, dense statement of the world and Carlisle would still find the intelligence in it. His eyes were always free of judgment.

"If I didn't know the context... if I didn't know what was actually going on... I would say that it looked as though Bella was asking me about Edward because... because she liked him... like... was infatuated by him or something"

"You're saying it looked as though Bella had a crush on Edward?" Carlisle raised his eyebrows.

"Pretty much, Este shrugged, "but that's completely stupid, how could she possibly have a crush on someone who looked at her as though he hated her?"

"Maybe you just mistook the glance?" Carlisle paused curiously, "or maybe she's just like those boys who follow you around"

"You're saying that Bella has a crush on me" Este laughed, "I don't think so Carlisle, anyway I don't need another teenager giving me that look, it's horrible... I hate it"

"I know you do" Carlisle murmured, "but I'm not entirely surprised... I mean, look at you"

Este rolled her eyes as she hopped down from the desk and instead settled herself in Carlisles lap, her hands either sides of his face.

"You think I'm being ridiculous then?"

"I think you're looking too deeply into everything because you're worried about what will happen to Edward, and to Bella" Carlisle reasoned, "I don't think that's ridiculous"

"You never do" Este sighed with a smile as she kissed him gently "fancy coming home while the kids are at school? I heard it was quiet"

"You're just like the rest" Carlisle drawled in sarcasm, "only after me for my incredibly good looks"

"Oh shut up" Este laughed as she hit his shoulder jokingly, "if your head gets any bigger you won't fit in this office..are you coming?"

"Is that even a question" Carlisle rolled his eyes as the two of them stood up, hands entwining.

"Think we could pass Hayley's office on the way and talk loudly about our afternoon plans?"

"That's doable" Carlisle smirked as they left the office, lost in each other's company.

✧✧✧

A/n
Words - 3270
Published - 14th May 2022

New season of stranger
things and umbrella
academy coming soon
and I'm so excited because
they're like my two fave shows

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 13.6K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
315K 2.9K 14
Cassandra "Cassie" Swan, moves with her twin sister, Isabella "Bella" Swan, to Forks to live with her dad. Having already come to terms with how her...
2.2K 124 12
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...
203K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...