A Hero's Shadow (BNHA x Male...

By Wolfinator12

For Y/n Kurokage being in someones shadow is the norm. With a Quirk that makes people not notice him and a gr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

1.6K 66 4
By Wolfinator12

He was not sure what he expected, well he did expect to get into a fight today, so maybe he knew what to expect, however he certainly was not prepared to crash through a drywall and into someones birthday party.

Y/n: "Happy birthday..." he looked at the cake he nearly crushed with his body. "Hikari-kun. I brought Miruko with me. Just give me a moment." The boy blinked at Y/n as he went back through the hole he made. A moment later Miruko cam bursting through the same wall. "Surprise."

Mirko: "Brat don't use my teachings to kick ME through walls!" The woman snarled.

Y/n: "Then don't kick me through walls yourself!" He barked back. There was a moment of silence as Miruko signed the boys autograph without even looking. The two just glared at eachother. "You know you will have to pay for everything you break, even if it was by using me as the thing breaking them."

Miruko: "Why do you think I use this dump as the place to train you? I am not stupid enough to break my main base." She turned towards the group and began to look through her belt pockets. "Here. Go to an amusement park of something." She said while throwing a bunch of money towards the parents who were shaking in fear. They grabbed the money, grabbed the kids and left.

It has been a day since Y/n went to train under Miruko and ever since he first made his presence known they were fighting. Not that Y/n minded. In the end there was only one thing that the pro-heroes that send him offers could really give him.

A chance to adapt.

He could become physically stronger. He could get faster. He could learn how to use tools and weapons.

But he already was fairly strong, he was surprisingly fast for someone with his kind of Quirk and he knew how to use the tools and weapons that offered the greatest advantage.

What he was unable to do was have the chance to fight someone so far out of his league that even a single hit landed was a complete success on his part.

That is why he had choosen Miruko over all the other Heroes. She was by far the strongest fighter out of the bunch.

Funnily enough the training also really showed how much even the average human had improved and evolved since the first Quirk appeared.

It was no seceret that many scientists consider humans with Quirks the next stage of human evolution. Homo Novis, Strange Human.

But Quirks were not the only difference between homo sapiens and homo novis.

There was the lack of a second toe joint in the little toes, often used as a quick way to determine those who are of this new evolutionary stage and those who aren't.

However much to the confusion of many scientists who wished for a clear difference between the two human evolutionairy stages every human beeing began to show adaptations, even those without Quirks.

Humans got stronger, faster and more resistant.

Even the six year old Izuku was able to lift more, move faster and take more damage than a six year old two hundred years ago could.

It might have been an adaptation on the side of homo sapiens to the new threat that was homo novis. A way to allow the species to survive even if the other species had literal superpowers.

Beeing thrown, or kicked in this case, through a wall, even if it 'only' was a drywall would have hurt far more if Y/n had lived a couple decades ago instead of now. Now it was mostly dazing him and gave him a small bruise. One that would heal far faster than what was normal ages ago.

Miruko did not just fight him for the sake of fighting. She would stop occasionally to give some instructions or to show how to correctly do something. Her way of teaching simply involved more action than words.

Rather than going on a long winded explainations, she would let Y/n figure it out himself. And if Y/n was good at something, then it was figuring things out.

Miruko: "Ok, lets get a bit of rest, some food and then we head out on patrol. Hopefully we find someone you can kick around." With a sigh Y/n went back through the hole and headed to get changed.

The place he and Miruko were staying at was not Mirukos main agency and was more used as a simply place to crash should Miruko feel like it. It was a simple apartment with a kitchen and livingroom hybrid, bathroom and a single bedroom. Y/n was sleeping on the couch in the livingroom.

That was not all, Y/n was also the one cooking all their food, going to get groceries and cleaning the apartment. For now he didnt have to wash their clothing so he is still crossing his fingers hoping he wont have to do it at all.

Soon the duo was hoping from rooftop to rooftop, Y/n with a lot more difficulty then Miruko. Once they had reached their first lookout spot the two began to scan the streets and alleys below.

Y/n: "What made you want to become a Hero?" Y/n asked, not taking his eyes off of a group of teens that just entered a favorite spot of street artists. All in all Y/n nothing against the art form of street art and graffities he just hates how most of the time its random letter, so called 'tags' sprayed on the walls of private property without permission.

Miruko: "I was kinda forced into it." The woman began with a shrugg. "Always loved fighting, especially those who fought just because they were strong they could pick on those weaker than them. Since my Quirk is a mutation type everytime I would get into a fight I was walking a tight rope between a simple fight and illegal Quirk-use. I went to a regular school, yet after one too many fights I was given a choice: Go to a Juvenile for a year followed by another year in a regular prison or switch schools and become a Hero. Principle Nezu saw potential, that was the only reason I even got that choice in the first place. As you probably can guess I choose to become a Hero and haven't regretted it yet. After all, beating up bad guys was what I was doing the entire time, now I can do it and get payed to do it. How about you?" Y/n took a moment to think about it. Why was he aiming to be a Hero?

Y/n: "When I was 6 or so I met my best friend. He was a weak and jumpy boy, with a heart of pure gold. Even with the Quirk of his that only became usable several years later, he was more willing to stand up for the weak than someone with the strongest Quirk. I met him as he was getting beat up by a trio of boys for having defended another kid. After helping him out we talked and I realized that he was going to become one of the best Heroes there ever was and I was going to help him. He would be the brightest light allowing me to be the darkest shadow. So we made a promise that we would become Heroes together." Y/n explained. "In the end its that promise and a wish to help others that made me want to become a Hero."

Miruko: "Not the worst reason." She admitted. "On my 3 o'clock." Y/n walked over and looked at were she was looking. "See the trio of hooded guys?" He nodded. "One has just handed the other two, two syringes, getting some cash in exchange. I will get the two buyers, you get the dealer. Don't let him get away or throw away his remaining merchandise."

Y/n: "Yes Ma'am." With that the two made their way towards their targets, who after having completed their transaction split up.

This is what Y/n was best at. Following someone without being noticed, without being able to be noticed. He did not have to watch his step, he did not have to be careful to stay out of view. Y/n could simply walk normally, almost right next to his target and through that he could wait for the perfect time to strike.

That time came the moment his target stopped near a small trashbin and took a careful look around, making sure he was alone, which he wasnt. Seeing what was inside the trashbin Y/n grabbed his phone, took a picture, pinged his position to Miruko and then tazed the target till they collapsed.

Drugs have been a part of human society for almost ever, be they plants or man made. Some were made as a form of medicine others simply as a way to make one feel good, again others to improve someone. It was the latter type of drugs the new plague called Trigger belongs to.

The first case of a Villain high on Trigger has been recorded a couple of years ago and its use had only spread from there.

This chemical drug was able to boost a person Quirk far above what it's normal peak performance would be.

Someone that was able to grow a couple centimeters suddenly was able to grow into a hulking beast. A simple mutation Quirk that made the owner have animal characteristics could fully turn them into a mutated version of the animal their Quirk shares its similarities with.

The effects are varied, but the side effects stayed the same. Loss of rationality, increased aggression, lowered inteligence and lastly, temporary Quirk loss after the drug wears off.

Looking at almost a hundred doses of this drug made Y/n nervous. Hearing the dealer waking up with a grunt did not help.

Mentally Y/n was beginning to berate himself as he saw his target grab a syringe of Trigger and inject it into himself.

The effect was instant. The mans hoody brust into scraps and a thousand eyes opened all around the mans body. At least 40 differently shaped and colored eyes suddenly zeroed in on Y/n.

Y/n: "Well fuck." Y/n mumbled sending out a message to Miruko that things went south. He barely had a chance to react before a disgustingly eye-y arm nearly crushed his skull. Jumping to the side Y/n dodged another attack, this one even faster than the first.

For now the best thing Y/n could do was keeping this man busy and away from civilians.

From the sounds in the distance Mirukos targets also used their Trigger and were fighting back.

Luckily Y/n had the perfect tool for his current situation, he just had to make sure to use it at the right moment.

Y/n: "Hey ugly! Ever heard that drugs are bad for you?" His answer was an animalistic roar and a pair of deadly attacks.

Luckily Miruko has literally kicked the dodging instincts into Y/n, making it a bit easier to keep out of harm.

With every dodge Y/n noticed more eyes that would focus on him. Soon he was sure at least a hundred eyes were all staring at him. It was time to deal with this guy and from the sounds of it Miruko was also finished with her fight, if the approaching police sirens were any sign.

Taking a deep breath Y/n forced his Quirk inwards. He took the aura surrounding him and pushed it through his skin. Then his muscles. Into his bones. From his veins into the center of his heart. It was not easy.

It started back when he lost his leg, as he had to stay in the hospital and recover. He further improved it at the Sports Festival and in the time he had to recover after said event.

It was a way to completely invert the way his Quirk works. Instead of making hims unnoticable, it would make him the center of attention, something his target would be unable to take their focus off.

However it hurt like hell. The pain would go from a million needles piercing his skin, to hot knives cutting his muscles, thousands of hammers cracking his bones to a vice like feeling crushing his heart.

Through blurry vision Y/n saw all eyes of the drug dealer intently looking at him, not seeing the flashbang in his hands untill it was too late.

The biggest disadvantage of having more than two eyes, if they arent specialized in it, is the sensitivity to bright lights. And if anyone has ever been blinded they know how paralyzing getting blinded can be if a specific brightness has been reached.

The blinding light and deafening sound of the flashbang going off was shadowed by the dealers screech. A second later the dealer was on the floor, his mouth foaming and almost all eyes twitching uncontrollably.

A few seconds later Miruko landed in front of Y/n.

She was covered in tar and feathers.

Miruko: "Not a word." She threatened.

That was it for this chapter I hope you liked it.

Let me know in the comments below.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

680 13 9
In a society with 80% of people possess a superhuman ability called a quirk. However, there are the 20% who don't possess a superhuman ability. To th...
1.6K 44 9
Ever since quirks had been discovered people were split into three groups Heroes, Villains and civilians like most people Y/n wanted to be a hero but...
720K 27.4K 43
Everyone said he was untamable and not human like! His mother couldn't handle the pressure of a son that had such a unique quirk and gave him up. No...
275K 8.5K 20
What if All Might didn't lose the sludge villain the second time? What if Izuku Midoriya was not knocked out of his thoughts on that rooftop by the e...