𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀

By amxrxd

Book 2 - Sequel to Eros. Mania: jealousy, possessive and obsessive. ➼ "You know," I looked up at him with tea... More

Author's Note
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

15.

325 5 4
By amxrxd

I wiped the smile of my face now, tired from all the pretending. My eyes so dull, I can hardly see myself in my eyes, the ends turning downwards once my smile had dropped, so evidently tired.

I hate all of this.

I stood there, on the terrace of the house, watching the gates of the house which were guarded by two security guards; the drive long to exit onto the main road.

It's going to be hard to escape, I really need to see where Ajax is. Once we're out onto the main road, it should be easy from there. I just need a car.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't expect anyone to be up here, turning around to face the voice that spoke.

Seeing Luis's sister, I eased up, smiling back at her.

"Fresh air," I shrugged. "Plus, the view's so nice." I told her and she furrowed her brows.

"The view's that way," She pointed behind us and my smile faltered a little. "The only view there is the main road." She now pointed in front of us again, the smile still on her face and I furrowed my brows at how weird her vibe felt.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I was just looking around," I shrugged. "Plus, the sun's setting over there," I pointed in the direction of the road. "Not there, so." I shrugged, my tone a little passive aggressive, I didn't mean it but I don't like the look she has on her face — crazy.

"I see." Yeah, exactly. "Come downstairs, you're missing out." She now smiled again, properly, me nodding.

I turned around to walk behind her but she all of a sudden stopped, making me stop too. She slowly turned around, looking up at me and I furrowed my brows.

"The main road is a pretty far walk, takes about three minutes even if you run," What the fuck? "I don't suggest it." Now this bitch is about to get smacked up if she doesn't talk clearly.

"I sorry, I don't get what you mean," I smiled down at her, my smile menacing and I saw how her own smile faltered. "So I suggest that you don't talk about things that could be taken in the wrong ways." She wants to show me crazy eyes? Oh, poor her, she doesn't know who she's messing with.

She only looked up at me, eyes flooding with unfamiliar emotions.

"Let's go before we're late." I walked past her, a satisfied smirk playing on my lips.

"Where were you?" Luis asked as I sat next to him, around the fire pit and he protectively put his arm behind me, not touching me but it was close.

"Just checking out the view," I told him, my eyes glancing at his sister, her eyes not leaving me either. "I can't get enough of this place." I kept my glare on her, her eyes flooding with this unfamiliar emotion, her fingers so anxiously twiddling with each other.

"It's beautiful, is it not?" Luis asked and I nodded, his face close to mine as I now took my eyes away from the anxious girl to him.

Yes, way too beautiful for such a person as your self.

This house, it's uniquely beautiful.

One thought pestered me, how do I contact Ajax? I can't sit around and wait for him to contact me. I do have time but I'm getting impatient now.

"What's on your mind, amore?" Luis asked softly, so only I could hear him, his warm breathe brushing against my bare shoulder which made me shudder from disgust.

"Just thinking what a beautiful place this is." I softly smiled, which isn't a complete lie. This place is quite beautiful.

Luis smiled, his smile lines so prominent and I furrowed my brows to see such a genuine smile on his lips. His eyes glistening with the reflection of the fire, the amber hues mixing well with his dark, devious eyes.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I only looked at him, not reciprocating the smile.

He didn't reply. He just stared. Like always.

"You're just so beautiful," He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and I clenched my jaw tight. Only Lorenzo does that, only he can do that. "Aren't you?" I only gave him a quick and fake smile to that, my eyes now glancing around instead.

"You're too sweet, Elijah." I grazed my hand over his thigh to show him some fake affection but I think he really believed it.

The way his eyes held an innocent gaze faltered before hardening back up, a small smile on his lips that disappeared and he gave me a small nod.

This is the way to play it, fake affection. Let him believe it and when he isn't looking, stab him right where it hurts — metaphorically. I'm not gonna kill him. I'm gonna play with his heart until he falls in love, then at the perfect moment... I'm gonna ruin his life. He can live knowing how pathetic he is, that punishment is worse than death. Facing his pathetic little life, knowing he can't be loved.

I can't wait to ruin you, Elijah Luis.

We went back up, into our room but I had a little surprise for Luis. He'll probably notice the scent of it but he'll be to dumb to realise the genuine reason behind its presence.

Before we came up, I found some lavender in the garden, watching Luis go to the bathroom, I rubbed the lavender on his side of the bed and his pillow; making sure it's enough to send that man into a deep slumber.

Now, I know that isn't going to do much but it's worth a try. Lavender is holds a special kind of power, it's intoxicating smell is enough to call upon slumber.

I don't want to spend another waking minute alone with him. The quicker he sleeps, the better.

"I'm, um..." Luis grabbed his clothes, loosely hanging off his fingers as I eyed him, taking off my jewellery. "...gonna go get changed." I gave him a soft smile, watching him head into the bathroom as I waited for the door to shut.

Quickly, I changed too before he got out. Finding clothes that covered most of my body, I do not want to experience skin on skin touch with him.

He came out the bathroom, seeing me already in bed, he got in too. The bed was big enough to fit two more people in the middle, that's how much of a gap we left.

I observed his body language, he was softer. The assertiveness, the anger, it has dissolved. I've never witnessed this side of him.

"You seem different." I pointed out to him, both of our heads on our pillow, facing each other as we laid down far, far away.

"I guess my family's always had that effect on me." You don't say.

I just gave him a smile in response. "Goodnight, Elijah." Now I know the weak spot, hit it where it hurts.

Elijah's sister better sleep with one eye open, I'm coming for you.

I stopped Elijah walking down the hallway, in the black shorts he slept in, a black vest and his hair messy. He cautiously stepped out into the garden, eyebrows furrowed as he witnessed the scene before him.

Valeria was laughing her ass off, I admit, I am funny. "Oh, Amara," She wiped her eye. "I hope you can take me to one of your fashion events, I've always been intrigued." She smiled brightly before her broody son caught her eye.

"Ma," He wearily came and sat down next to me, his eyes raking the table full of breakfast; fresh fruits, toast — name it and it's there. "The whole of Mexico heard you," He jerked an eyebrow.

"Well, good morning to you too, mijo." She chirped. She looked between us, taking in the sight as Elijah now looked at me, his eyes dark.

I put my arm on his shoulder, gently, my fingers grazing his morning hair as I nearly pushed back his loose waves.

"Good morning, amore," I smiled at him innocently. "Did you sleep well?" I spoke so softly, I watched the creases next to his eyes form as he changed his expressions into something I can't recognise. Luis doesn't really have a range of emotions to pick from, this is unfamiliar to me.

"Yes." He nodded as the word from his mouth released so fragile.

"Oh," Valeria clasped her hands together. "I see what you see in her, mijo," Now we both faced her. "You needed someone like this, someone feminine enough to keep you grounded, she's the woman you need." Not really. "Amara, darling, keep him focused, you have worked wonders on him... I don't recognise my boring son," She laughed as she finished off her tea.

"Ma, come on," Luis rubbed his eyes. "I just woke up, be a little nice." He smiled very lightly and she sighed.

"I am nice." She rolled her eyes at him. "I have a pilates class," She neatly put her cup. "I'll get going now... shall we make plans for lunch?" She asked as she got up.

Luis looked at him, through his thick lashes. He scanned my face and I really don't want to have lunch with his family. "I'll see, Ma, we'll let you know." He answered and then finally looked at her. Thank God.

"Okay, my loves," She smiled cheekily. "Have fun!" She scurried off now and I smiled at how she is.

"Let's go out, Elijah." I was caressing the back of his head. He seemed to enjoy it, the way his eyes rolled back before shutting completely, leaning his head into my hand as he hummed softly.

"Where ever you want, amore." And it's this easy?

"Okay," I answered.

He kept his head on my hand, turning his head to face me. I watched his eyes scan me, head to toe, his eyes lowering in lust.

"You look beautiful," He muttered as I watched his eyes falter to my thighs, the flowy dress exposing my tan thighs. "The white brings out the glow of your skin," He leaned down, my breath hitching as I realised what he did, feeling the softness of his lips plant a slow kiss on my warm thigh.

I watched his look up, his head still low as the morning sun hit his sharply structured face. "Elijah," I brought my face closer to his, my hand still near the back of his head as I glided my fingers into his hair, tugging his head back so that the tips of our noses caress one another's. "Someone could see." I felt him suck in a deep breath.

His eyes scanned my face, mine doing the same but my intentions are nowhere near his. Our breaths mingled, our chests moved at our breathing in sync. His eyes only went down to my lips, his tongue swiping his bottom lip to wet it slightly. I watched his adam's apple bob as he gulped and I smirked at the effect I have on him.

"So let them," He put his hand on my thigh, dangerously far up as I felt his long fingers tease as he dug them into my skin slightly. "Let's put on a show," He turned his head slightly to the left so that our noses were next to each others and our lips just an inch apart. "Because as good as that dress looks on you, it would look better ripped off and on the floor." Oh, he wishes.

"Are you sure you want anyone else to see me like that?" I teased further, just to string him along. My hand now releasing his hair, gliding down his jaw as he I held his face. "I thought I was for your eyes, and your eyes only." I watched his jaw clench. "I thought I was only yours." Now that seemed to get a reaction out of him, he shuddered.

I watched goosebumps rise on his tan skin as he watched me with mesmerised eyes but I pushed back, straightening up after achieving my goal.

"You know, Elijah," I caressed his strong shoulder. "If you had shown me this side of your world first, we would've been so different... we could've been much more." He clenched his jaw, his cheekbones prominent as he looked away.

"It's not too late," He faced me. "Please, Amara," He held my hand. "Let me make it up to you... let me show you the man I can be for you..." And bingo!

"I would like that very much, my love." I smiled at him and interlocked my fingers with his.

I watched a genuine smile form on his plump lips. Plan 'seduce and betray' is working, as expected. Men, so typical.

"Now go shower and get ready," I told him. "Take me out for shopping?" I asked him, batting my lashes at him as I tilted my head.

"I am going to spoil you."

And with that, he got up, placing a kiss on my forehead and I smiled, feeling the disgust crawl up inside of me.

He walked off, leaving me to my own, the thought of my sweet baby Lorenzo popping into my head. I miss him. I miss his touch, his kisses, his smile, his voice. Oh, how I need to see him.

"Ahem." My eyes snapped to the man that stood at the entrance of the garden.

Just the person I needed to see.

"Ajax." I smiled. "Care to join me?" He smiled with his lips pressed tightly together.

He sat where Luis was sat. "How's the soon to be husband doing?" He referred to Luis and I faked a laugh.

"Wonderful, as you can see." I poured him a cup of coffee. One sugar and creamer, I've spent too much time with him.

"Ah, yes." He nodded. "Plan is action," He forced a smile on his lips and muffled his lips.

I fake laughed. "Great."

We could not pass as actors, honestly. I mean, I could. Ajax is smiling like he shit himself and he's trying to not be caught.

"I'll be waiting outside." He took the coffee from me.

"The gates?"

"No, the main door, I'll open the door for you and hold your dress as I escort you to the car, princess." This fucking idiot. "Yes, the gate." Now if I don't slap the sarcasm out of him.

He's actually not funny. It's sad.

"Ajax," I looked at him plainly. "This is why you've been abandoned from your family." I rolled my eyes.

He choked on his coffee but it was because he was genuinely laughing.

"You're too rude." He wiped his mouth with a tissue. "I deserved that."

"Stop talking, you're annoying me already." I made an 'ew' face. "And here I thought I'd be excited to see you." He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"You will be," He took another sip of his coffee. "3:15am." He told me. "And don't be late."

"Got it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 4.3K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
65.8K 1.8K 21
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✔︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ❧ 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐳 is a poor girl who's never had much. After runni...
148K 3.5K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...
483K 18.4K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...