The Hufflepuff with a Reputat...

By ynhpstories

Y/n Lestrange wants to be like a normal Hufflepuff girl, but everyone knows her parents. Despite this, she wa... More

Introduction!
Chapter One: The Dream
Chapter 3: The Campsite
Chapter 4
Chapter Five: The Fire Rises
Chapter Six: The Return
Chapter Seven: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter Eight: The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Nine: Beyond the Door
Chapter Ten: Dragons
Chapter Eleven: The First Task
Chapter Twelve: Dance Lessons

Chapter Two: The Boot On The Hill

417 17 9
By ynhpstories

~.~.~Y/n's POV~.~.~
Parts 2 and 3

As the morning sun rose over the Diggory's house, the sky tuned pretty shades of pink and red, with a faint hint of purple. The trees and bushes had a faint pink hue to them and the calm lake reflected the view from the window.

"It's beautiful, isn't it Cedric?" I gawked as I continued to stare longingly out the window.

"It's very beautiful." Cedric smiled. "We should go down and let dad you were awake, we should be leaving soon."

"Okay, let's go." I replied, taking my eyes of the pinks that illuminated the sky.

Cedric hauled me off my bed and led me towards the door of my bedroom. The corridor of the Diggory's house was brightly lit, thanks to the tall ceiling high window that stood at the end of the four brown door corridor. The stairs were in the middle of the corridor, with another window dome and paintings and pictures that lined the walls, including pictures that involved me, Cedric, his father and his late mother.

I trudged down the creaking stairs, the pink and orange glow shining on my face causing me to squint my eyes shut. Cedric followed close behind me, being blinded by the morning sun same as me.

We walked into the living room to see the familiar ruddy-face and the scrubby beard that I had called my father figure for many years.

"Good morning Cedric, Y/n." Amos Diggory smiled to me and Cedric

"Morning dad." Cedric said groggily, still wiping his eyes from any crusty bits.

"Good morning Mr.Diggory." I replied, light shining in my eyes.

"I've told you many times Y/n. Call me Amos." Said Amos Diggory, the smile not leaving his face.

"Sorry Mr- Amos." I stuttered over my words, pale red flushing to my face with embarrassment. "How are you?"

"I'm good thank you." Amos said. "How are you two this morning?"

"I'm- uh. Good thanks." I smiled, although it being fake to hide my fear from the nightmare. This is because I don't want to worry Amos with that.

"I'm good too, very tired though." Cedric added after

"Who's ready for the Quidditch World Cup!" Amos cheered, excitement lacing his voice.

"I am!" I cheered back. "Thank you for getting me a ticket. You really didn't have to."

"Don't be silly Y/n! You've lived with us for four years. You're like a daughter to me."

"Really?" I asked with a clear confused expression in my voice.

"Of course." He replied with no hesitation.

"Thank you Amos. It means a lot." I chocked, refusing to let tears fall.

"And to add to that. You're like a little sister to me." Cedric added after.

"I'm a year below you Ced." I smirked, clearly a sibling like rivalry

"I'm still older, hence little sis." Cedric quipped

"You two go and get your things, we'll be leaving when your both ready." Amos said to stop our rivalry

"I have everything packed, I just need to get dressed, what about you Ced?" I smirked to the boy standing to my side.

"I- uhh." Cedric responded, giving me a death stare for a minute, which made me chuckle.

"Cedric?" Amos stared at his son with a stern look.

"I still need to pack." He muttered, a smirk growing across my face.

"Of course you do." Amos sighed. "Quickly then. We're leaving soon. Chop chop."

Me and Cedric left the room and sprinted back up the rickety stairs, in other words I was running from Cedric. But before I could get into my bedroom I felt someone grab my arm and swivel me around so I could face my best friend.

"Thanks for that Y/n, what was that for?" He said jokingly, a smile spreading across his face.

"What can I say Cedric. I'm a Lestrange, I come from a family of Slytherins." I replied back, I turned on my heel and walked into my bedroom.

I closed the door behind me and looked at my h/c curly hair, something I clearly inherited from my mother. I hate how much I look like her and I hate the reputation that surrounds my last name because of my psychotic parents.

But I pushed myself away from the mirror to change into comfortable leggings and a long plain t-shirt and pulled on my back jacket. I pulled my curly hair into a messy bun, leaving a few prices to accentuate my face.

I dragged my backpack down the stairs and sat in the living room talking with Amos whilst we waited for Cedric to come trudging downstairs with his backpack over his shoulder.

"Ready to go?" Amos asked.

Me and Cedric nodded yes, the three of us slipped on our shoes and left the house as quickly as possible. The walk was quite calm and we had arrived to a forest just outside of Ottery Saint Catchpole. We're supposed to be meeting the Weasley's but are yet to arrive.

Me and Cedric looked at the large tree that we stood beneath and immediately sprinted towards it, dropping our bags in the process. We climbed the tree and sat in a tall branch for a minute before we heard a familiar yell.

"Arthur! It's about time son." Amos called, I looked down to see the large group of people approaching beneath.

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start. This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry." Mr Weasley replied. Me and Cedric glanced each other and jumped off the branch hitting the floor to be met by smiles by everyone, except Fred Weasley, who looked at me with a scowling look.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right? And you must be Y/n Lestrange if I'm correct?" He asked.

"Yes sir." Cedric replied.

"Your correct Mr.Weasley, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said at the same time as Cedric.

Mr.Weasley was shaking hands with a ruddy-faced wizard with a scrubby brown beard, whilst I smiled at everyone and gave the Weasley's a small wave, but I had received nothing from Fred. I don't know why he hates me so much.

"I think you know his son, Cedric?" Mr Weasley asked to the group behind him.

"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at them all.

Everybody said hi back except Fred and George, who merely nodded. They had never quite forgiven Cedric and me for beating their team, Gryffindor, in the first Quidditch match of the previous year. Although me and George have been friends for a while so we we're back being cool after a week or two.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asked curiously to Mr Weasley.

"Not too bad," said Mr.Weasley.

"We live just on the other side of the village there.
You?"

"We don't live too far away. Took about a 30 minute walk." Amos replied.

Amos Diggory peered good-naturedly around at the three Weasley boys, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads," said Mr.Weasley, pointing out his children. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's - and Harry, another friend -"

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er - yeah," said Harry awkwardly, I could tell what was coming as Cedric told his father about the game but meant nothing mean by it.

Harry seemed to used to people looking curiously at him when they met him, used to the way their eyes moved at once to the lightning scar on his forehead, but it must have always made him feel uncomfortable.

"Ced's talked about you, of course, Y/n hasn't really that much but has a tiny bit." said Amos. "Told us all about playing against you last year...I said to him, I said - Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will....You beat Harry Potter!"

Harry clearly couldn't think of any reply to this, so he remained silent. Fred and George were both scowling again but I noticed that Fred was also scowling at me. Cedric looked slightly embarrassed.

"Harry fell off his broom, Dad," he muttered. "I told you...it was an accident...."

"It really wasn't that bad Amos." I added, coming to Cedric's side to support him.

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?"  roared Amos genially, slapping his son on his back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman...but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

"Must be nearly time," said Mr.Weasley quickly, pulling out his watch again. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," said Amos as he gave a thinking look. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," said Mr.Weasley.

"Well then, let's find the portkey." Amos replied.

The ten of us started to walk away from the tree, and towards the rising morning sun. It was still glowing pinks and oranges from earlier on in the morning. I stopped to look at the sunrise that was swallowing the evening sky.

"Come on Y/n! Keep up!" Cedric called out. I rushed back towards the group in their hunt for the portkey.

"Sorry Cedric! I'm coming!" I yelled, quickly turning back to grab my bag before sprinting over to the nine other people.

"I see it!" Someone's voice called, although I couldn't identify who.

I followed the direction of the voice and I saw a small and faint outline of an object on the hill. As I came closer and closer to the object I could begin to recognise the object that would be our portkey.

A boot on the hill.

The boot was old and leathery and seemed to be manly and uncared for. Laces were untied and loose as they laid around the floor and were not laced through all the holes. It looked disgusting and manky which make me reluctant to even place one finger on it.

"Yes, it's a minute off...We'd better get ready...." Mr. Weasley declared looking down at his watch.

"I don't really want to touch it." I whispered into Cedric's ear as I gave the boot a weird look.

"Neither to I, but I want to get to the quidditch World Cup." Cedric replied.

"That's true, but I'll be washing my hands as soon as I get my hand off it." I giggled in response which made a smile spreads across Cedric's face.

Mr Weasley and Amos looked around at Harry and Hermione, who both shared disgusted looks at the sight of the boot on the hill.

"You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do -"

With difficulty, owing to their bulky backpacks, the ten of us crowded around the old boot that was laying on the muddy hill, the sun rising from behind it.

We  all stood there, in a tight circle, as a chill breeze swept over the hilltop. Nobody spoke. It suddenly occurred to me how odd this would look if a Muggle were to walk up here now...ten  people, two of them grown men, clutching this manky old boot in the semidarkness, waiting....

"After 3. One... Two..." Amos said, looking at the watch on his spare hand.

"Harry!" Mr.Weasley called out.

Harry rushed over and puts his hand on the boot and just in the nick of time.

"Three!" Amos called.

There's a white flash and suddenly they're all flying through the air. Everyone cheered and screamed from fear and delight.

It happened immediately: I felt as though a hook just behind my navel had been suddenly jerked irresistibly forward.

The swirling suddenly stopped and I fell hard on the ground.

Word count: 2000
A/n: Happy Sunday! I hope you have had a great week! I've been quite busy because I've had lots of college work and I have three assignments due. But I also had first aid training for something that I volunteer for, that was yesterday. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I actually like it but tell me if it's boring. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.7K 2.2K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
74.7K 543 96
WATCH THE STORY TRAILER!!! @.malfoy.drxco on tiktok Y/N SNAPE You're Snape's daughter. You're a Slytherin. You have a very nice friend group. And the...
526K 11.1K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
95.4K 2.3K 36
[FINISHED ~ april 2th 2021] WARNING: currently editing! (Chapters 1 & 2 done) "𝗪𝗼𝘄, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀... 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹." ...